Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cover Scent Common Sense
Johnny Fever
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Cover Scent Common Sense
03-10-2019 6:55 PM

I've posted this elsewhere but hadn't received any feedback, good or bad, so I'm hoping the sage wisdom here might be able to give me some details:

I've read a few things here and there but would appreciate the more knowledgable to provide me with some common sense in this area:

Use: Is it best to place the cover scent directly on the skin and place spray / oil 'mones on top, or use the cover on an adjacent area.

Type: Is there one cover scent type that is less "in the way" than others? Floral? Woody? Other? One better in aiding diffusion than others?

Favs: Would love some recommendations, including preferred venues such as best for work/office, general daytime, nighttime/bars, etc. as far as appropriate scents.

Thanks all.

My Current Goods
PXS: APi, Xist, SOB, Ascend, Cohesion, Evolve, Bliss, Taboo, Celebrity, XS193M/Boyfriend
LAL: BW, A/V, NA
AD: Corporativo, Glace
LPMP: TLC 60/40, 90/10, roller
PTreas: GOA, Capt Oil, THU
Love-Scent: AE, Edge. Chikara gel, Alpha 7, Scented Pheromone Oils, Androstadienone
03-10-2019 6:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheManInTheFedora
Serious Poster

Sex:

Rep Post

RE: Cover Scent Common Sense
03-11-2019 7:52 AM

HI,

Use: generally mones first, let dry 10 min...spray cover directly on has worked. Keep in mind, this would be something unscented like NA. I suspect that this goes best with oils as they are heavier and you need a lighter volatile solvent like alcohol on top to help lift/diffuse the heavier oil molecules.

Conversely, many people swear by cover scent first, mones on top. I am looking at Snoopyace here. Some people e.g., thundr advocated applying on one spot, immediately spraying the application and dabbing a finger in this and 'painting' the mone/cover app on different spots. You will have to experiment and try the different methods yourself. That is the ONLY way that you will know. That is the ONLY method that will be most important for YOU.

IF you have something already scented, it pretty much takes care of itself. If you need the extra cover, try applying on an adjacent spot. Sometimes, you won't have to add the extra cover until the built-in cover wears off, leaving the mones still there. Doc Chocolate posted that he was able to prolong the efficacy of this mone residue by spraying with an isopropyl spray that he concocted with some essential oils. I suspect that one could do the same if you have some alcohol based perfume/cologne, applying directly to the aging mone application.

Type: Generally speaking, I would go with scents that have a musky base. Why? Females generally like musky scents. However, musk tends to cover/mesh with many of the mone odors. Many mones do have a 'sweaty' ripe odor in their natural state. Hence, animalic genre scents may have an advantage in this department. Regardless of the top/heart notes whether they be floral or gourmand...it's great that the base would have some funky wood (oud) or animalic base (musk, ambrette seed, labdanum, castoreum, civet). You might want to consider a perfume which may contain liquorice e.g., Azzaro pour homme or YSL Rive Gauche. Why? Liquorice as a scent has been shown to stimulate vaginal circulation in women. Mugler B*men (gourmand anise/liquorice scent) being another which actually had a gal cashier once follow me in the store and quickly race up to the counter at checkout when I was ready saying, 'I'll help you, sir...I'm Free, I'm Free' with a beaming smile and a sly wink of the eye.
Some on the forum have gone on to make their own unique cover scents to smell different. This is something that is up to you.

Lastly, you may wish to consider something that contains ISO E Super which bolsters diffusion. I am looking at Encre Noire by Lalique or Escentric Molecules #02. It might not be a bad idea to look for something with Hedione...Hermes Voyage as an example.

Favs: What's in vogue nowadays? The overdone citrus/wood genre?
The unisex gourmand genre?

Creed Aventus (or it's many knockoffs e.g., Armaf Club Nuit Intense Manj or Al-Rehab Avenue etc.) OR it seems the perennial favorite leftover of the Aquatic genre, Armani's Aqua di Gio. Another one is Hermes' Terre d'Hermes (ISO E replete). These tend to be favorites (not just mine, but popular among the crowd) and I like these, however I also like to standout and smell different. Luckily, many mone dealers conveniently have analogs of these as covers in the products they sell...like PheromoneXS. I also like the cover scents that Apex uses. As I mentioned, I like musky/leathery powerhouses like YSL Kouros, Aramis, Caron Yatagan, Azzaro pour homme for colder temps while during the warm season, I like the Aqua di Gio, Oscar de La renta Oscar for Men which aren't too heavy like the powerhouses. I go easy on the trigger with the powerhouses as you don't want to be irritating to your targets.

In choosing a cover, the most important consideration IMHO is that YOU must like it first and foremost....not some skirt. It should be something that says 'YOU' and hopefully, it lets you standout. It can leave a memory of you with whomever you meet. Fragrance is a key to memory. Secondly, it must be functional i.e., effective cover, but also hopefully meshing with the mones and their preexistent 'cover scent' if the mone comes scented. Most likely, you will be using more than one scent for your endeavors. Some go really well in cold temps, while others in warm. Some are appropriate for business, while others are only for playtime.

Good Luck!
03-11-2019 7:52 AM
LastDragon
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

03-11-2019 8:03 AM

I don't think anyone can give you a "correct" answer as to what is best.

It's better to just test and see what works for you.

Mones on top works for me, so I don't feel a need to change it up. Sometimes I'm feeling bold and go scentless. I still get hits, though the range may be smaller. Sprays will diffuse pretty well on their own. Oils may need a little help if you want to increase range.

For cover scents I don't think the notes really matter. I prefer designer fragrances, as many project very well and have nice longevity. I'm interested in trying some of LPMP's scents, though.

Personally, I use Sauvage a lot. It's my most used cover. Projection and longevity are nice with this one and I get compliments here and there.
Use what you like (or what the ladies like, as we are doing it for them).

On another note, I don't believe in common sense. It isn't common, nor sense.
03-11-2019 8:03 AM
Johnny Fever
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

03-11-2019 5:50 PM

(03-11-2019 8:03 AM)LastDragon Wrote:  I don't think anyone can give you a "correct" answer as to what is best.

It's better to just test and see what works for you.

Not necessarily looking for "correct" as much as suggestions. My two go-to colognes are both Chanel, Bleu and Allure, both of which I feel are a little strong for a workday environment. Looking for something less "up front" which is pleasant smelling while helping with the diffusion cloud of unscented 'mones. I figured once I get some solid suggestions I can figure out what ones to test drive.

(03-11-2019 8:03 AM)LastDragon Wrote:  Mones on top works for me, so I don't feel a need to change it up. Sometimes I'm feeling bold and go scentless. I still get hits, though the range may be smaller. Sprays will diffuse pretty well on their own. Oils may need a little help if you want to increase range.

I know some say cover on top, some say cover on bottom and recently read cover adjacent to 'mones - that's the part I threw me as I didn't know if the cover would hinder diffusion if placed on top of a scent.

(03-11-2019 8:03 AM)LastDragon Wrote:  Personally, I use Sauvage a lot. It's my most used cover. Projection and longevity are nice with this one and I get compliments here and there.

Will stop and either give it a buy or at least get a sampler of it to try, thanks for the suggestion.

(03-11-2019 8:03 AM)LastDragon Wrote:  On another note, I don't believe in common sense. It isn't common, nor sense.

At least for me, the veterans here already have the common sense in cover scent usage, which is why the play on words in the title.

My Current Goods
PXS: APi, Xist, SOB, Ascend, Cohesion, Evolve, Bliss, Taboo, Celebrity, XS193M/Boyfriend
Love-Scent: AE, Edge. Chikara gel, Alpha 7, Scented Pheromone Oils, Androstadienone
03-11-2019 5:50 PM

LastDragon
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

03-12-2019 12:13 AM

(03-11-2019 5:50 PM)Johnny Fever Wrote:  
(03-11-2019 8:03 AM)LastDragon Wrote:  Personally, I use Sauvage a lot. It's my most used cover. Projection and longevity are nice with this one and I get compliments here and there.

Will stop and either give it a buy or at least get a sampler of it to try, thanks for the suggestion.

If you're looking for something lighter, I wouldn't recommend Sauvage. It can be pretty strong. I've been thinking about trying some Molecule 01 or one of its clones (Cinnis Labs C16h26O):

https://pherotruth.com/Thread-Molecule-01

The only thing is that it may not cover stronger mixes very well. Other than that, it sounds great and seems to get many users compliments and attention.

In the aforementioned thread, LostDreams said he applied it on top of his mone apps and diffusion was enhanced pretty well. So I'm not really sure how applying cover under, over or adjacent affects diffusion. In theory, they should all help.

If adjacent I'm thinking the fragrances may diffuse and mix with the diffused mones in the air and help project and carry them further. But who really knows?

If under or over, they will be in direct contact with the mones and I would think diffusion should be better than an adjacent app of the fragrance. I think some users apply adjacently as not to adulterate the mones, but many mixes will come scented, so I don't think it should matter.
03-12-2019 12:13 AM
Johnny Fever
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

03-12-2019 5:14 PM

Thanks for the tips. At least from what I've seen online it seemed that Molecule 01 was listed as a woman's fragrance, unless that vendor had it miscategorized. Cinnis Labs C16h26O looks way less expensive and I may give that a try.

At least for the immediate future I don't think I'll have to worry about stronger combos since I'm still in the "novice" experimentation stage, but at least I have a suggestion for something much lighter than my usual go-to's.

My Current Goods
03-12-2019 5:14 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  what everyone favorite cover scent for their mone discussion warcheese 12 749 12-08-2020 6:25 PM
Last Post: Indi-player
  Mixing mones with cover scent Randomguy 21 3,655 04-24-2019 8:45 PM
Last Post: Snakecharmer49311
Question Cover scent illmatic90 6 2,554 03-07-2019 3:02 AM
Last Post: LastDragon
  Your cover scent + advice offered ptmember 4 1,941 09-08-2017 10:28 AM
Last Post: ptmember
  Vendor's Cover Scent Comps. Dafixisin 1 1,602 05-26-2016 3:23 PM
Last Post: Ekscentra