Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Back into Fighting Shape
KIMBA
Sexy Time

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 241
Thanks received:
436 thanks in 238 posts

RE: Back into Fighting Shape
03-13-2013 1:25 AM

Thoughts on commitment to a diet:

To compel yourself to change, you must understand the balance of running to something you desire (Pleasure) and from something you hate (Pain).

The stronger motivation is to pleasure, but manipulating both is key to success.

For diet and fat loss, it is simple.

Your long term motivation is to pleasure - A six pack, to look good naked, to not be ashamed of how you look, to be able to run five miles without stopping. These are all things which you will enjoy and get satisfaction out of.

In life, you have short term pleasure which is the satisfaction of eating a cheese burger or a piece of cake. It is like masterbation, smoking, drinking, etc. All fun, in the meantime.

To maximize results, it is not enough to set lofty long term goals, as short term pleasure will over power that commitment.

This is where running from pain works well. Remember when someone made fun of you, when you felt bad about your body, when you hated yourself. You never want to feel that way again, that food or activity is a step into your past pain, so run from it.

It is a balance which works.

Rewarding yourself is a key point in success. A motivation along the way for staying the course. You succeed for two weeks, you get to buy a new pheromone. Until you do, you do not get to buy any.

After a month, you get to buy a new set of clothing (Shoes, Shirt, Pants, etc).

After three months, you get a weekend get away.

And so on.

The greatest motivational statement I ever heard:

"Life does not get any easier. You just get stronger."

Pheromone XS Testing Thread

My hellish Diet Thread
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2013 1:30 AM by KIMBA.)
03-13-2013 1:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by paradigmshift, Blade, seeusmile
Isis
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 460
Thanks received:
423 thanks in 181 posts

03-20-2013 3:48 AM

Intermittent fasting is gold. I'd stick with it if I didn't have the tendency to turn it into a 48 hour fast then an 88 hour fast and so on and so forth two week fast.

I have Lyle Mcdonalds rapid fat loss book, I forget what it's called and could not stick with it. All that protein made me sick. As did Keto. I found Keto + Intermittent fasting to be the best in terms of fat loss and ease of sticking to. But I have a naturally tendency towards leafy greens and so tired of these diets quickly.

I wish you the best of luck! I'm also on a quest to shed a couple pounds.
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2013 3:49 AM by Isis.)
03-20-2013 3:48 AM
Thanks given by as33156
as33156
Ubermensch

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 8009
Thanks received:
5111 thanks in 1762 posts

03-20-2013 1:11 PM

(03-20-2013 3:48 AM)Isis Wrote:  Intermittent fasting is gold. I'd stick with it if I didn't have the tendency to turn it into a 48 hour fast then an 88 hour fast and so on and so forth two week fast.

I have Lyle Mcdonalds rapid fat loss book, I forget what it's called and could not stick with it. All that protein made me sick. As did Keto. I found Keto + Intermittent fasting to be the best in terms of fat loss and ease of sticking to. But I have a naturally tendency towards leafy greens and so tired of these diets quickly.

I wish you the best of luck! I'm also on a quest to shed a couple pounds.

Hi Isis,

Best of luck and be careful. Make sure your body has a the nutrients or you can have life altering issues like my dear friend now has. She use to do raw food fasting and others diets and didn't make sure her body head the right nutrients. Now she is has done something to her brain and she believes she is an alien.

I'm not kidding either. She was never overweight though but was a fashion model. Stress & Lack of proper food destroyed her and now Im left footing the bill as her best friend.

Safety First!

My Journal: http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Nice-guy-to...My-journey

"He who can take advice is sometimes superior to those who give it." Albanian Proverb..... Stay Congruent My Friends
03-20-2013 1:11 PM
Thanks given by KIMBA, Isis, seeusmile

Isis
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 460
Thanks received:
423 thanks in 181 posts

03-21-2013 12:46 AM

(03-20-2013 1:11 PM)as33156 Wrote:  Hi Isis,

Best of luck and be careful. Make sure your body has a the nutrients or you can have life altering issues like my dear friend now has. She use to do raw food fasting and others diets and didn't make sure her body head the right nutrients. Now she is has done something to her brain and she believes she is an alien.

I'm not kidding either. She was never overweight though but was a fashion model. Stress & Lack of proper food destroyed her and now Im left footing the bill as her best friend.

Safety First!

Thanks you for the warning and concert as3. I definitely don't want to head in that direction so I am working on nixing fasting as a habit. I didn't know it can do things to your brain! I was more concerned about losing muscle in the heart.
03-21-2013 12:46 AM
Thanks given by as33156
as33156
Ubermensch

Rep Post

Thanks received:

03-21-2013 1:40 AM

(03-21-2013 12:46 AM)Isis Wrote:  Thanks you for the warning and concert as3. I definitely don't want to head in that direction so I am working on nixing fasting as a habit. I didn't know it can do things to your brain! I was more concerned about losing muscle in the heart.

Hi Isis,

Fasting without taking the proper supplements robs your brain of the vital nutrients it needs to operate. That in conjunction with stress of daily life can cause severe trama to the brain that only shows up after some time in all types of forms. Burning out the brain can causes mental breakdowns and erosion of barriers that hide the most severe issues will have yet to discover.

My friends doctor said that she may have had these mental health issues in her sub-mind for years in a dormant state until her drastically altered diet weakened her mind such much that it could no longer surpress these issues.

Starve the body starve the brain. Just like going without sleep for a day or 2 can make you dumb and violent. The best diet only requires self control. I know you have it in you. Bring it out!

"He who can take advice is sometimes superior to those who give it." Albanian Proverb..... Stay Congruent My Friends
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2013 1:45 AM by as33156.)
03-21-2013 1:40 AM
seeusmile
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 939
Thanks received:
566 thanks in 320 posts

03-21-2013 6:16 AM

diet is something I find very hard to keep up with due to complications of the whole subject.
Some say whatever I'm eating is bad and other articles saying it's good.

Never liked the controversy so thought "Blah I'll just work my body then!"

NuTrix- I wouldn’t change a thing in my past because it’s made me who I am, and I LIKE me, but I’ll be damned if I let 1 single thing in my past hold me prisoner there
03-21-2013 6:16 AM
KIMBA
Sexy Time

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 241
Thanks received:
436 thanks in 238 posts

03-26-2013 2:37 AM

(03-21-2013 6:16 AM)seeusmile Wrote:  diet is something I find very hard to keep up with due to complications of the whole subject.
Some say whatever I'm eating is bad and other articles saying it's good.

Never liked the controversy so thought "Blah I'll just work my body then!"

Do not trust most dieticians. I have gone to many. They are years behind the actual science.

Listen to your body. How you eat changes how you feel. Eat well you feel well. That is all you need to know.

Pheromone XS Testing Thread

My hellish Diet Thread
03-26-2013 2:37 AM
Thanks given by paradigmshift

Buzzy78
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 348
Thanks received:
659 thanks in 327 posts

03-26-2013 9:28 AM

Interesting stuff here Kimba! I'm not sure what to do yet, but i will lose weight. Maybe some guys can help me out on things i need.

I started my own journal of my diet so i wouldn't hijack yours P

http://pherotruth.com/Thread-My-road-to-losing-weight

My journal: http://pherotruth.com/Thread-And-so-it-begins
New to pheromones? =>>> http://pherotruth.com/Thread-The-equation

My bag of goodies:
Alpha Dream: Alpha Mascio, Certo, Corporativo, Glace
Pheroxs: Ascend, Cohesion, Evolve, Blizz, Flirt, Connections, Vibe, Domination
Hax: Wingman black label, Wingman element 7, Wingman element 9, Wingman C4 oil, Wingman 512 oil, Wingman X22 oil
New Hax: Pherocide, Holy grail, Element x, Alien, Black ops, Ladykiller
Love Scent: New Pheromone Additive, Alpha 7, Impi red dot
03-26-2013 9:28 AM
masterofpuppets
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 23
Thanks received:
43 thanks in 28 posts

03-27-2013 12:55 AM

(03-21-2013 12:46 AM)Isis Wrote:  Thanks you for the warning and concert as3. I definitely don't want to head in that direction so I am working on nixing fasting as a habit. I didn't know it can do things to your brain! I was more concerned about losing muscle in the heart.

Now I,'m all around the board talking about fasting. .lol Oh god, don't label me as "the fasting guy".

Regardless, what I wanted to comment on was that you don't have to nix it as a habit. Just do it with a logical and scientific approach. I posted something in Buzzy's log that you could read.

Generally people limit their fasting periods to 24 hours max. So a couple of times a week they do maybe two 24 hours of fasting (from dinner until next dinner). Or another approach is to fast until noon every other day - breaking the fast with a normal meal - NOT with a huge meal trying to devour everything in sight. It takes tweaking of course.

So, it's not about juice-fast, green tea fast or whatever load of BS, which I fully agree is harmful to the body.

Your body NEEDS good nutrients so in all your meals during the week you would eat fiberous carbs, good amounts of protein and lots of healthy fats. (the ratios differing with each meal).

/sorry for thread hijacking..
03-27-2013 12:55 AM
as33156
Ubermensch

Rep Post

Thanks received:

03-27-2013 1:13 AM

The best advice is to consult real physicians before doing anything type of dieting. Ones with real doctorates who have graduated from reall medical schools as proper anyone can take a few classes and call themselves a dietician these days.

In carpentery they always say measure twice and cut once. The same should apply for issues regarding your health. Speak to the professions and have test run before you do anything gastric like fasting for 24hrs.

Best of luck & remember! your not an alien hehe.

03-27-2013 1:13 AM
Thanks given by KIMBA

Share This Thread