Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Back into Fighting Shape
KIMBA
Perputual Noob

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 452
Thanks received:
749 thanks in 383 posts

Back into Fighting Shape
03-07-2013 3:20 AM

I have a goal to be able to compete in my desired sport again, boxing. I want to get into the ring with the guys one more time. Besides some limitations from progressive injuries, I have packed on 40 lbs in a few months.

I lost my vision and have not been able to box in about six months, and was on a layoff preceding my loss of vision. I have nerve damage in my arms and legs, a damaged nose, and ribs. I can push through my limitations, but I cant compete when carrying around my spare tire any longer.

I always competed as a fat/chunky guy. I was always the kid who gave his heart but never put in the work - I did, but was never in shape. Perception shapes reality.

I have had many dieticians and nutritionists who are honestly worthless. Modern dieting is years behind the scientific research.

This thread is my culmination of years of cutting weight to compete. Sometimes up to fifty pounds in two months, for one night of displeasure then I balloon up again.

I started boxing I was pushing 300 pounds. I went down to my lowest of 155, and I now sit at around 210. I want to get to 155 again.

The resources which work for me (Based on personal testing):

This is by Lyle McDonald. I paid a nice chunk of change for all his books, and some consultation. You can 'find' a version of his book online. It is quick, hellish, and tests who you are as a person to lose weight. It revolves around eating protein, and zero carb veggies to force your brain into Ketosis and your body to burn fat as fuel.

Martin Berkhan and the Leangain's Guide. He is the leading guru on Intermittent Fasting. IF'ing is the use of periods on not eating to cut down calorie consumption. Leangains in a view point of the subject which involves calorie cycling, refeed periods and a healthy life style change.

The last and biggest influence on my 'diet' success in the past were the teachings of my first Sensei. A Zen Buddhist (Which I adopted as my religion after his passing), who imposed teachings of Monks on my diet.

The lifestyle involves basic concepts:

- Do not kill or harm animals for pleasure and satisfaction
- Use every part of what you use to nourish your body
- Be mindful in how you eat and live

The Monk diet is mainly Vegetarian by nature. Monk's cook food to replicate meat dishes. They also refuse to eat spices of foods on the extremity of flavor (Heavy Garlic, Pepper's, Sugar, etc).

A big part of the lifestyle is to eat until you are 80% full. This is the body's satisfaction point. This was a Japanese influence on the Zen Buddhist diet.

Monks use three bowls to eat, a large, normal bowl full of rice. A second, medium bowl for Veggies, and the third, a small bowl, for the meat replacement (Bean, grain and veggie's cooked to look like and have texture like meat).

Or simply, a half place of rice, a third of veggies, the rest meat substitute.

Fruit was a delicacy due to the sweet nature of it and how many fruits were not natural to Asia, in respect to those commonly eaten in a western diet.

Well, my diet will be the combination of the three. I plan to log my success and failures and I hope others will hop on.

I know Steve did a juice fast, which I may do a veggies juice fast as some point as well for sanity. This is a strict diet which tests your mental fortitude.

My baby is the Lyle McDonald protocol with Protein Shakes (Non-Animal, Milk Isolate and occasional Casein and Egg White) to remove the animal aspect of a western diet. Fasting and Calorie cycling from the Leangains diet protocol to confuse my body and help with hunger for superior results. I also intend to, on diet breaks and cheat days (Required for Lyle McDonalds work) to use the philosophies of the Buddhist Monk diet to help me stay focused on my goal and use food to fuel me, not to satisfy myself.

Who wants to eat heads of lettuce all day with me?

My top 5 products (In no order):

- AD's MX 297
- Alpha Dreams L2K
- LS Impi
- Pheromone XS SOB
- Pheromone XS Bliss
03-07-2013 3:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by LL21, Vladimir, Buzzy78

LL21
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 566
Thanks received:
540 thanks in 243 posts

RE: Back into Fighting Shape
03-07-2013 4:21 AM

This is complicated, however that has never really stopped anyone from doing anything ever unless their lazy. I also hate lettuce and eat spinach instead. I've read about intermittent fasting and now is a good time as ever to start.
03-07-2013 4:21 AM
Thanks given by KIMBA, Vladimir
KIMBA
Perputual Noob

Rep Post

Thanks received:
749 thanks in 383 posts

03-07-2013 4:39 AM

It is easier than you think. You have zero carb and fat veggies, cottage cheese, lean protein sources. Toss in a structure of when and how to eat, and you are good.

- AD's MX 297
- Alpha Dreams L2K
- LS Impi
- Pheromone XS SOB
- Pheromone XS Bliss
03-07-2013 4:39 AM
LL21
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
540 thanks in 243 posts

03-11-2013 7:01 PM

So I'm trying to ease my way into this thus far, I've fasted for one day and this is my second. Your right it is easier than it sounds. I haven't had a super strict diet but I'm just getting used to doing the scheduled eating that I am doing. By the time week two comes around I'll be ready to add other aspects to it. I have drank tons and tons of water and its only been day 1
03-11-2013 7:01 PM
paradigmshift
Reading is fundamental

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1985
Thanks received:
849 thanks in 400 posts

03-11-2013 8:13 PM

Theres a lot to be learned from a monk diet. Ive tried a vegetarian diet but couldnt shake the cravings for meat.

Controlling blood sugar is key for me. Vegetables and protein help stabilize it for me. Veggies fill you up and give you bulky fiber to help cleanse toxins from your body.

Limit processed food but dont feel deprived.

5 drops npa will be my standard answer if I dont think you read anything.
Try reading this link

Good a1 link
Could this be you?
03-11-2013 8:13 PM
Thanks given by KIMBA

KIMBA
Perputual Noob

Rep Post

Thanks received:
749 thanks in 383 posts

03-12-2013 2:44 AM

(03-11-2013 7:01 PM)LL21 Wrote:  So I'm trying to ease my way into this thus far, I've fasted for one day and this is my second. Your right it is easier than it sounds. I haven't had a super strict diet but I'm just getting used to doing the scheduled eating that I am doing. By the time week two comes around I'll be ready to add other aspects to it. I have drank tons and tons of water and its only been day 1

Controlling eating times is huge for me. Everyone's chemistry is different slightly, but the eating window always maximized my results. Odds are if dieting is an issue for you, my suggestions will help.

Good luck, the eliminating carbs is the hard part...

(03-11-2013 8:13 PM)paradigmshift Wrote:  Theres a lot to be learned from a monk diet. Ive tried a vegetarian diet but couldnt shake the cravings for meat.

Controlling blood sugar is key for me. Vegetables and protein help stabilize it for me. Veggies fill you up and give you bulky fiber to help cleanse toxins from your body.

Limit processed food but dont feel deprived.

Monk's cook veggies to replicate meat. That is the secret trick to the diet. Plus monks typically are no labor intensive, so the need for protein is not huge.

I could never do it, I tried to be a vegetarian before, my body ate muscle and stored fat.

I always found timing my insulin responses to carbs helps me preform far better. A lot of people cannot grasp this concept, that food has a timing in your blood stream which completely changes how you feel.

Great insights mate.

- AD's MX 297
- Alpha Dreams L2K
- LS Impi
- Pheromone XS SOB
- Pheromone XS Bliss
03-12-2013 2:44 AM
LL21
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
540 thanks in 243 posts

03-12-2013 3:49 AM

(03-12-2013 2:44 AM)KIMBA Wrote:  I always found timing my insulin responses to carbs helps me preform far better. A lot of people cannot grasp this concept, that food has a timing in your blood stream which completely changes how you feel.

Great insights mate.

I caved and had a regular meal. I was super tired and thirsty. I've been drinking tons of water and it didn't feel like it was enough.I drank atleast 4 litres. I hung out with a friend and I low energy the entire time. I've have not had energy after the first day

I got home and there was a cooked meal there and I caved. After the meal I felt so much better, I had energy again and I wasn't sleepy anymore
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2013 4:31 AM by LL21.)
03-12-2013 3:49 AM
KIMBA
Perputual Noob

Rep Post

Thanks received:
749 thanks in 383 posts

03-12-2013 2:59 PM

You should have been eating during this time, but only during your eating window.

- AD's MX 297
- Alpha Dreams L2K
- LS Impi
- Pheromone XS SOB
- Pheromone XS Bliss
03-12-2013 2:59 PM
LL21
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
540 thanks in 243 posts

03-12-2013 5:03 PM

(03-12-2013 2:59 PM)KIMBA Wrote:  You should have been eating during this time, but only during your eating window.

Well the window was closed and it was later in the night. But I'll try moving the eating time to later in the day.
03-12-2013 5:03 PM

KIMBA
Perputual Noob

Rep Post

Thanks received:
749 thanks in 383 posts

03-12-2013 5:10 PM

I always have a window near a time I know I can eat. For me it is 9 pm til 1 am. The rest of the day I am working. This diet makes life easier and gives you more free time, enjoy it.

- AD's MX 297
- Alpha Dreams L2K
- LS Impi
- Pheromone XS SOB
- Pheromone XS Bliss
03-12-2013 5:10 PM

Share This Thread