Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Ascend / Cohesion Oil sale
COUNSEL
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 13
Thanks received:
22 thanks in 19 posts

RE: Ascend / Cohesion Oil sale
10-11-2012 7:32 PM

(10-11-2012 6:47 PM)eyeofra Wrote:  Yay! Thanks steveO, I got ascend oil on the way now woo! The sample you gave me of ascend oil sold me hehe.

Btw, props on the killer turnaround times. My last two orders have been ready to ship within minutes of the order being placed. Killer customer service, killer products, killer prices. Keep it up steveO, you're the man!

How many drops did you use?

Gutted I missed it at 42% off
10-11-2012 7:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kentdave
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 164
Thanks received:
144 thanks in 75 posts

10-11-2012 8:46 PM

steve, what would you say are the benefits of an oil based blend, vs the spray ones?
10-11-2012 8:46 PM
SteveO
Vendor

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 909
Thanks received:
990 thanks in 324 posts

10-11-2012 9:47 PM

(10-11-2012 8:46 PM)kentdave Wrote:  steve, what would you say are the benefits of an oil based blend, vs the spray ones?

Slow diffusion is tantamount to a more believable signature. Nobody can just walk in the room and slap their pecker in a girls face and expect to get laid. With the oil it allows the signature to gently transcend the wall most of us put up to protect us from charlatans. The oil, while significantly stronger than spray, builds up to a crescendo over time where as the spray is great for fast acting. However you'll get more push-back from alcohol because to most of us it doesn't come across as legitimate. When I run across a person who looks kind of shady and I have this overwhelming feel that I have a deep connection with them I'm going to put up my critical wall and assess the situation more closely. If however I meet the same person and over time build that impression of trust I'd be more inclined to believe it.

Something to consider though is you will notice that in every blend I have DPG in there. Also because the way its formulated you get just as much of all the molecules in the beginning as you do at the end. So while the spray still creates a wow factor up front, the way its formulated eases that effect so as to make it more believable. With the alcohol sprays its perfect when you need results fast like when you meet someone in front of you in line at the store. There are advantages to both. Standing in that same line with the oil it might take a solid ten to 15 minutes to get the same effects with the spray, but at that pace its also more believable.

Be Happy and laugh often
Steve O
enthusiast, hobbyist, founder.

I want to provide you with the very best customer experience I can. As such, I don't check PM's very often. Please send me an email which will find me wherever I am:
10-11-2012 9:47 PM
Thanks given by kentdave, eyeofra, idontknow, Hurakan, shadowknight, TwistedOstrich

Dafixisin
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 225
Thanks received:
532 thanks in 221 posts

10-11-2012 10:53 PM

Whew, SteveO, thank goodness for that 2nd paragraph! Almost got the impression you were throwing your spray mones under the bus there for a sec.

The oils sound great for the workplace, school, ongoing relationships and dating. The sprays sound good for pretty much everything else. I'm siding with Team Sprays.
10-11-2012 10:53 PM
Thanks given by SteveO
kentdave
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 164
Thanks received:
144 thanks in 75 posts

10-11-2012 11:07 PM

can't rep you but thanks for the explanation. i ask because i find myself leaning towards oil-based - the sprays do seem a lil' intense for me and make me tired fast. now i know why.

in this case would you recommend using BOTH oil and alcohol based at the same time? e.g. CohesionXS in oil and alcohol.
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2012 11:19 PM by kentdave.)
10-11-2012 11:07 PM
Thanks given by SteveO
Six
Rolling the Dice

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 137
Thanks received:
74 thanks in 21 posts

10-12-2012 3:51 AM

Gah, had I not stopped at the payment screen to PM Steve a question, I'd have just saved £12 on Ascend. Evil

Ah well. It still looks like a great deal, so I'll buy anyway. Does anyone have any recommendations as to whether to include or leave out the copulins?

Midnight - a Tale of Thoughts, Journeys, and Revelations.
10-12-2012 3:51 AM
Thanks given by SteveO
kenpachi
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 470
Thanks received:
421 thanks in 131 posts

10-12-2012 4:39 AM

I'm with Team Spray too - hard hitting is always my fav!

I think there's something weird with my skin chemistry or something, but oils never work as well for me as alcohol does. For example I ordered some fragrance oils from thefragranceshop. They're supposed to be extremely long lasting, longer than alcohol based colognes? They seem to be gone from my skin within 4-5 hours. Give me a spray of 1 Million or 212 VIP with the alcohol base though and I can sometimes smell it the next morning. Strange?
10-12-2012 4:39 AM
Thanks given by SteveO

Shelly B
Serious Poster

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 957
Thanks received:
1379 thanks in 595 posts

10-12-2012 7:51 AM

Skin and body chemistry can be a weird thing. The AL colognes will often carry a fixative as a one of the fillers - so while they SHOULDN'T last as long as an oil on your skin - or smell as natural - they may last longer because of the way the fixative reacts.

It's also dependent on the scents of the oils in the EO's used in the oil blend.

For instance - the Egyptian Musk - which is one of their top sellers and smells incredible - is a clean and light skin musk that is positively awesome for a woman. Really - it's a freshly showered - come muss me up in the sheets smell that I can't imagine any man not going batty over. But it's so faint - sits barely above the skin - and is gone in 3 - 6 hours that unless applied in a layering scheme of shower gel, dry oil and then oil perfume - you aren't going to go the whole day.

Whereas - their version of Creed's Love in White just yells - WHITE FLORAL IS IN THE HOUSE!!!!! and does for hours....you won't miss it....it's really dependent on which EO's are in the mix I think. The violet leaf and violet they are using right now YELL VIOLET. really. They YELL it. So if you see violet in the description read VIOLET. Some of the men's stuff has violet or violet leaf in it. Anything I've tried from there with carnation in it? They use the true old fashioned heirloom carnation smell with the spicy heady scent....it yells CARNATION. One or two of the men's scent's have a drop or two of that...Look for something with a bit of either and you will have some throw and some lasting power...

My Best,
Shelly B
10-12-2012 7:51 AM
Thanks given by SteveO, kenpachi
Shelly B
Serious Poster

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 957
Thanks received:
1379 thanks in 595 posts

10-12-2012 9:45 AM

Edited to add as I think about it more - I have to tinkered with fragrarance since 2008 via mail order.

I still think the thing that prevents it exploding as big as it can is individual body chemistry.

It never has made sense to me why all my favorite EO's might be in this description and go plain evil on my skin where this one won't...

How we *sort* of worked around that when I was in Love Potion crack whore addiction was finding someone whose reviews closely matched your tastes and buying up what they liked AND finding your scent opposites - who hate what you like - and reading their reviews for clues on what you might love/hate.

That worked because we had a niche product when gone it was gone so time was of the essence.

Here that wouldn't work so well. I think you might do better with the sampler packs til you find your true loves and at least them - you have money coming back on associated products like shaving gel or dry oil you can use on your application points in the winter.

Good luck - scent and body chem are a mystery for sure

My Best,
Shelly B
10-12-2012 9:45 AM
Thanks given by SteveO, kenpachi
SteveO
Vendor

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 909
Thanks received:
990 thanks in 324 posts

10-12-2012 10:19 AM

(10-11-2012 11:07 PM)kentdave Wrote:  can't rep you but thanks for the explanation. i ask because i find myself leaning towards oil-based - the sprays do seem a lil' intense for me and make me tired fast. now i know why.

in this case would you recommend using BOTH oil and alcohol based at the same time? e.g. CohesionXS in oil and alcohol.

I do it all the time. I use Evolve for the wow factor and factored in with Ascend and Cohesion in oil. This way the sexual signature is up front but it becomes believable. We always hear a women makes that determination of sex within seconds. My sexual hit is in her face and over time the oil justifies it to herSmile
(10-12-2012 3:51 AM)Six Wrote:  Gah, had I not stopped at the payment screen to PM Steve a question, I'd have just saved £12 on Ascend. Evil

Ah well. It still looks like a great deal, so I'll buy anyway. Does anyone have any recommendations as to whether to include or leave out the copulins?

Sorry six, I just saw your PM too. Its always better to email me at the one in my signature. I read and reply to them pretty quick. The cops is totally up to the wearer. Its not enough to say you're a player, just that women are around you. Flips the per-selection trigger but not by saying you just had sex, but by saying women are in your life.

Be Happy and laugh often
Steve O
enthusiast, hobbyist, founder.

I want to provide you with the very best customer experience I can. As such, I don't check PM's very often. Please send me an email which will find me wherever I am:
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2012 10:22 AM by SteveO.)
10-12-2012 10:19 AM
Thanks given by Six, TwistedOstrich, eyeofra, kentdave

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Great Ascend Mistake! (Now Available For Sale) SteveO 4 546 09-18-2012 10:56 AM
Last Post: ryusei
  Ascend-XS available for sale SteveO 11 587 07-02-2012 8:45 PM
Last Post: as33156