Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Anyone want to quit smoking?
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 976
Thanks received:
2608 thanks in 1206 posts

Anyone want to quit smoking?
01-30-2013 4:07 PM

I did not! But, today makes 3 weeks ago that I smoked my last cigarette, and after having smoked for over 37 years and trying to quit probably a hundred times, I think I just may have actually done so.

I did want to cut down though, and over the years I've tried just about everything that came out, with absolutly no success.

A little over 3 weeks ago I decided to give electronic cigarettes another shot, figuring that maybe I could at least cut back on the 1 1/2 to 2 packs of cigarettes per day I was smoking. I'd tried the cheapie ones that come out of China and are sold at Walmart and gas stations in the past, but they are absolute crap and didn't do anything at all to satisfy the urge, so this time I decided I would spend a little more and get a good one that might actually help.

The one that I bought was the EGO starter kit and between the kit and a couple of bottles of smoke juice cost a little over $100. I also bought it from a local vapor store and paid more than I could have, because I wanted to try before buying.

That was on a Sunday at around noon, and when I went to bed that night I'd realized that I'd only smoked 3 real cigarettes after having bought it that day. The next day I smoked 3 cigarettes the entire day, same held true on Tusday, and Wednesday morning I woke up and lit a cigaretteand took a couple of puffs, then just looked at it and thought to myself what the hell am I doing? I don't like this and my ecigarette tastes much better. I put that cigarette out and haven't picked on up since.

The next day I washed out all of my ashtrays out and put them in a cabinet, then took the carton of cigarettes I had sitting on my counter and threw them on top of my cabinets and out of sight. They still sit there, as do the 2 full packs of cigarettes in the glove box of my car, because I LOVE knowing that the temtation is there, and having absolutely no urge to light up.

I also ended up buying another egicarette called a Vamo, this one better than the first and geared more toward techies, as it allows for the adjusting the voltage or wattage, does some othe neat stuff, and well it just looks cooler Smile and a couple of extra atomizers and different flavored smoke juices, all bought online and all for much less than local vape stores sell the stuff for.

Yeah, I'm still getting my nicotine fix, but at a lower level and without the other 4,000 or so chemicals in cigarettes, and I've already cut the nicotine level by 25% from what I started at. And, I've got some really great tating smoke juices too!

If you're looking to quit smoking and have tried in the past but couldn't, you should take a good look at getting yourself a good electronic cigarette. I won't call myself a non or ex smoker just yet, because its only been 3 weeks, but I haven't gone longer than 3 hours without a cigarette in the last 25 years, well not while I was awake anyway. Smile So, I say if I'm not there yet, I'm just about there.

If you're interested in quiting and are ready to give ecigarettes a try, then here's I couple of sites I've bought from and that have great prices, as well as discount codes you can use to save a little more.

- use this coupon code to get a 10% discount: phero10

Use this coupon code for 10% off: VKBC

Use this coupon code for a 20% discount on smoke juicesd and supplies: 10020

Here's a couple of video reviews on both the EGO and Vamo, for anyone that wants to watch them:

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....

"Often people attempt to live their lives backwards: they try to have more things, or more money, in order to do more of what they want so they will be happier. The way it actually works is the reverse. You must first be who you really are, then,do what you need to do, in order to have what you want."
01-30-2013 4:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by CanadianGuy45, Sptsmed, eyeofra

sexyguy
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 22
Thanks received:
76 thanks in 43 posts

RE: Anyone want to quit smoking?
01-30-2013 5:17 PM

Hi

I've been a vapor for a while though now I dont vape or smoke.

Pros of E-cigs:
- I have really witnessed 5 people (including my brother and I) quit cigarettes just by shifting to e-cigs.

Cons:
- I also have witnessed two people that were not smokers and became e-cig smoker Wink
- It will be soon an expensive hobby to buy, try and review new products, since there are lots of them with tons of flavours. (just like other stuff in this forum)

But if anybody wanna really quit, this shit is really working Wink

My 2 cents ...
01-30-2013 5:17 PM
JAYCEE
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 242
Thanks received:
389 thanks in 197 posts

01-30-2013 7:27 PM

I quit back in 2000 using nic gum, which was pretty new back then. This Feb will be 13 years and I haven't had the slightest craving in 7-8 years. I never could have quit cold-turkey, or even by weaning off. I'd still be smoking if not for the gum.

Are you considered a non-smoker if you only use ecigs? Can ecigs be used in "No smoking" areas? Are they considered a healthy alternative to smoking?
01-30-2013 7:27 PM
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 976
Thanks received:
2608 thanks in 1206 posts

01-30-2013 7:45 PM

(01-30-2013 7:27 PM)JAYCEE Wrote:  Are you considered a non-smoker if you only use ecigs? Can ecigs be used in "No smoking" areas? Are they considered a healthy alternative to smoking?

I really don't know. I do know that I'm only getting the nicotine now instead of the other 4,000 or so toxins that are in actual cigarettes, that my sense of smell and taste have significantly improved, and that I no longer smell like smoke.

Ecigs can be used in most non-smoking areas, althoiugh maybe not all. As to them being a healthy alternative, how about a healthier alternative, just like the gum is.

Nicotine is still a fatal toxin, and ecigs, gum, patches and all other nicotine replacement therapies are just substituting the method of administratio, and eliminates having to take in a bunch of other toxins too just to get the nicotine fix.

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....

"Often people attempt to live their lives backwards: they try to have more things, or more money, in order to do more of what they want so they will be happier. The way it actually works is the reverse. You must first be who you really are, then,do what you need to do, in order to have what you want."
01-30-2013 7:45 PM
wiserd
I'm so meta, even this acronym

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1038
Thanks received:
1037 thanks in 521 posts

01-30-2013 9:32 PM

Congrats Mark! If it weren't for the whole addiction/tolerance aspect, nicotine would be a fascinating drug. I suppose they don't add and related chemicals to the ecigs which are found in cigarettes. So that's one portion of the drug effect ecig users aren't getting. (It's an interesting debate how much harmala alkaloids contribute to the effects attributed sole-ly to nicotine. But not being a smoker, I never got too deep into it.)

Cutting out tar should do a world of good, in any case. That's one of the most carcinogenic portions of cigarettes.

Despite this, a quick search suggests it's hard for people using ecigs to get non-smoker rates. I don't think there's any evidence that ecigs impact health the way that cigarettes do. I'm guessing testing for any form of nicotine is the common way to show someone is a smoker, even if that's not what harms people's health.

[Image: Example.jpg]
01-30-2013 9:32 PM

Jamie
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks received:
3 thanks in 3 posts

03-07-2013 3:21 AM

I tried before and it's really hard but know I'm also using ang e-cigarette. I prefer it. I'm loving it. It's much better for me.

Relationship Booster
03-07-2013 3:21 AM
Sptsmed
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 92
Thanks received:
721 thanks in 277 posts

03-07-2013 10:44 AM

Congrats, my brother has been a smoker for 25 years and has been cig free by switching to E cigs now close to four months. I bought him a starter pack a year ago and he never wanted to give it a shot at the time, I played with it and enjoyed it, turned me into a recreational E Cig smoker at times LOL.
03-07-2013 10:44 AM
extraballislit
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1100
Thanks received:
315 thanks in 162 posts

03-07-2013 10:53 AM

I quitted 3 years ago, after being an smoker for more than 15 years.

I used Chantix, a small blue pill, made by Pfizer.

You start taking it while still smoking, and after 7 to 10 days if i remember,
you just quit.

It works pretty good. You don´t feel any cravings. The first day I did not smoke any cigarettes, I did not even think about smoking. AS if I had never been a smoker. It works on your brain, and it really works.

Many people I know have quitted with those pills. I don´t know what they put on them, but they work.

It´s not cheap, and may have some side effects. The first week on it my stomach was a little upset. Alos, you have very vivid dreams and it also improves the recall of your dreams, which is something I enjpy, but some people does not.

Hope this helps.
03-07-2013 10:53 AM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to quit smoking? Q-Tips 12 437 11-20-2012 4:20 PM
Last Post: Q-Tips
  How to quit smokin? Q-Tips 14 534 11-03-2012 10:06 AM
Last Post: Androaura