Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

How to quit smoking?
Q-Tips
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 848
Thanks received:
743 thanks in 280 posts

How to quit smoking?
10-05-2012 3:31 PM

I'm trying to quit. Does anyone have any advice or tips?
Actually i dont smoke but use snus. A Swedish tobacco you put under your lips. As far i know, its only possible to buy in Sweden, Norway and USA. So i am thinking if i could just take a vacation to some foreign country for a while.

This was first day without snus. I took one this morning before i decided it enough now. I am so sick and tired to have the nicotine getting control over my life. So many times i plan my daily life on when i can have snus.
At this moment i have been without snus for 12 hours. I am in a shitty mood and have a slightly pain in my head. Toughts about getting a snus under my lips pops constantly, so i have to be strong and think about how discusting snus actually are. I am just so affraid i will break and get one.
So if anyone have tips that would help me quit, i would be happy to hear from you.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2012 3:35 PM by Q-Tips.)
10-05-2012 3:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

mariokarke
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks received:
6 thanks in 4 posts

RE: How to quit smoking?
10-05-2012 4:31 PM

I used to smoke and like it, i only quit because was really messing up with my health. I stopped smoking using eletronic cigarretes, and it worked reaally well, i cant stand the taste of a cigarrete anymore. E-cigs works becauses fullfill the two addictive things in cigarrretes, nicotine, and the habit of smoking. I thought it was gone be hard, but in the end, was quite easy. 3 months cigarrete free, and now reducing the level of nicotine without problem until a reach 0 nicotine and stop vaping too.
I hope you can understand what i write, english is not my main language
10-05-2012 4:31 PM
Thanks given by Fly So Hi, Q-Tips
Fly So Hi
Jr. Researcher

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1363
Thanks received:
741 thanks in 393 posts

10-05-2012 4:45 PM

I loved to smoke, but it is expensive in terms of money and health, so i quit.

What really helped me was to fulfill my mind with other things. If i caught myself thinking about a cigarette, it was difficukt to let the thought go, so i eventually ended up smoking.

Other thing that helped me was replacing the cigarettes for drops, like Halls, for food, water and even coffee. It was much more an anxiety process than the need of nicotine itself, so ended up working for me.

(10-05-2012 4:31 PM)mariokarke Wrote:  I hope you can understand what i write, english is not my main language

Don't worry, your english is great!

Fly
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2012 4:46 PM by Fly So Hi.)
10-05-2012 4:45 PM
Thanks given by Q-Tips
Q-Tips
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks received:
743 thanks in 280 posts

10-05-2012 4:57 PM

(10-05-2012 4:45 PM)Fly So Hi Wrote:  I loved to smoke, but it is expensive in terms of money and health, so i quit.

What really helped me was to fulfill my mind with other things. If i caught myself thinking about a cigarette, it was difficukt to let the thought go, so i eventually ended up smoking.

Other thing that helped me was replacing the cigarettes for drops, like Halls, for food, water and even coffee. It was much more an anxiety process than the need of nicotine itself, so ended up working for me.

Don't worry, your english is great!

Thanks fly. Coffee sound like a good idea. The worst part fort for me are the rest / pause at work. I am used to relax with tobacco. Im gonna chunk it up with coffee instead. And drops, pastilles sounds good to.
10-05-2012 4:57 PM
Q-Tips
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks received:
743 thanks in 280 posts

10-05-2012 5:00 PM

(10-05-2012 4:31 PM)mariokarke Wrote:  I used to smoke and like it, i only quit because was really messing up with my health. I stopped smoking using eletronic cigarretes, and it worked reaally well, i cant stand the taste of a cigarrete anymore. E-cigs works becauses fullfill the two addictive things in cigarrretes, nicotine, and the habit of smoking. I thought it was gone be hard, but in the end, was quite easy. 3 months cigarrete free, and now reducing the level of nicotine without problem until a reach 0 nicotine and stop vaping too.
I hope you can understand what i write, english is not my main language

My English arent good either, so you are not alone.
Maybe i should up those electric cigs. It is with nicotine who can regulate for your self?
10-05-2012 5:00 PM

Fly So Hi
Jr. Researcher

Rep Post

Thanks received:
741 thanks in 393 posts

10-05-2012 5:04 PM

(10-05-2012 4:57 PM)Q-Tips Wrote:  Thanks fly. Coffee sound like a good idea. The worst part fort for me are the rest / pause at work. I am used to relax with tobacco. Im gonna chunk it up with coffee instead. And drops, pastilles sounds good to.

Ok, just watch out for stomach aches if you drink too much coffee! Try to drink cold milk or eat a fruit before the coffee to lower stomach acidity.

I don't know if that's a problem for you, but it is for me! I can't stand stomach aches, and cold milk works a magic for me.

Fly
10-05-2012 5:04 PM
Thanks given by Q-Tips
mariokarke
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks received:
6 thanks in 4 posts

10-05-2012 5:21 PM

Yeah, it have a lot of different nicotine levels(24,18,12,6,0) so you can with time, bring it down. Go to there you can learn more about ecigs. I have a joye 510-t mega battery, and its fine for me. I used to smoke 15 cigarretes per day
10-05-2012 5:21 PM
Thanks given by Q-Tips
seeusmile
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 939
Thanks received:
564 thanks in 318 posts

10-06-2012 11:23 AM

Well quitting smoking is an on going process. It's hard to just stop smoking after one-day because you'll get those withdrawal symptoms. It's like giving up sex after having a good years streak of it. Try reducing your daily smoking to the point where it gets from always>often>seldom>never

NuTrix- I wouldn’t change a thing in my past because it’s made me who I am, and I LIKE me, but I’ll be damned if I let 1 single thing in my past hold me prisoner there
10-06-2012 11:23 AM
Thanks given by Q-Tips
Fly So Hi
Jr. Researcher

Rep Post

Thanks received:
741 thanks in 393 posts

10-06-2012 1:22 PM

(10-06-2012 11:23 AM)seeusmile Wrote:  Well quitting smoking is an on going process. It's hard to just stop smoking after one-day because you'll get those withdrawal symptoms. It's like giving up sex after having a good years streak of it. Try reducing your daily smoking to the point where it gets from always>often>seldom>never

I think it really depends on the person, seeus. I quit smoking overnight. I said to myself I'll won't smoke anymore and I didn't! The first week is the worst, but after that, is all good.

Not rarely, i dream that i am smoking, though. Last night was one of those nights!

Fly
10-06-2012 1:22 PM
Thanks given by Q-Tips, seeusmile

Q-Tips
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks received:
743 thanks in 280 posts

10-06-2012 1:37 PM

(10-06-2012 11:23 AM)seeusmile Wrote:  Well quitting smoking is an on going process. It's hard to just stop smoking after one-day because you'll get those withdrawal symptoms. It's like giving up sex after having a good years streak of it. Try reducing your daily smoking to the point where it gets from always>often>seldom>never

You might be very right in this. And i have to admit, i allready failed once this morning. I just had to have one, as my body was shaking from withdrawal nerves. I'm not very proud of this and i am making shure that would be the only one for today. Maybe i will brake again, but my decicion to quit stands firm, so i'll just have to try over and over again until i never take one again.
Thinking about getting one of the subliminals for quit smoking. Got the link from As's journal. Wouldnt hurt trying that as well.

Liked how you compared to quit having sex. Because right now it feels as i have left my lover. But a good motivation to quit is that my sex life would most likely improve, as blood pressure will improve as soon nicotine is out of my body.
10-06-2012 1:37 PM
Thanks given by seeusmile

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Anyone want to quit smoking? mark-in-dallas 7 195 03-07-2013 10:53 AM
Last Post: extraballislit
  How to quit smokin? Q-Tips 14 534 11-03-2012 10:06 AM
Last Post: Androaura