Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Anyone want to quit smoking?
DrChocolate
Learner and observer

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Anyone want to quit smoking?
04-27-2018 5:27 PM

(04-27-2018 5:02 PM)theLaw Wrote:  I had two family members, who are competently unmotivated to improve anything in their life, quit smoking using Chantix.

If it can work for them, then it can work for anyone.

Cheers!Mrgreen

True that. Just gotta be mindful of the side effects. Apparently, some people experience down right cuecidal thoughts. If that happens, they gotta be careful. I didn't feel that way not even remotely. But the tummy aches and the head aches were fairly harsh. Just gotta keep at it.
04-27-2018 5:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
theLaw

Rep Post

04-27-2018 6:14 PM

(04-27-2018 5:27 PM)DrChocolate Wrote:  True that. Just gotta be mindful of the side effects. Apparently, some people experience down right cuecidal thoughts. If that happens, they gotta be careful. I didn't feel that way not even remotely. But the tummy aches and the head aches were fairly harsh. Just gotta keep at it.

Just a theory, but both of my family members drank spirits on a nightly basis, which can kill harmful gut bacteria (which can cause endotoxin leading to a whole host of nasty symptoms including psychological).

They also drank energy drinks, so their caffeine intake was substantial, which can help keep metabolic function high and protect against a number of those side effects. Not to mention they kept their calories high, so energy was never a problem. The guys who made Redbull included Taurine, an amino acid that actually increases your glycogen stores stabilizing blood sugar.

For stomach aches, carrot is a natural antibiotic, and is also an indigestible fiber, so it sterilizes the gut while removing any undigested food. I've had symptoms close to food poisoning that I stopped within minutes with raw carrots alone.

But if you really want to get rid of any problem bacteria, 4T of activated charcoal mixed in 12 ounces of pulp-free juice will basically remove anything and everything.Big boss

Signatures are forum-cancer.Scout
04-27-2018 6:14 PM

DrChocolate
Learner and observer

Rep Post

04-27-2018 6:28 PM

(04-27-2018 6:14 PM)theLaw Wrote:  They also drank energy drinks, so their caffeine intake was substantial, which can help keep metabolic function high and protect against a number of those side effects. Not to mention they kept their calories high, so energy was never a problem. The guys who made Redbull included Taurine, an amino acid that actually increases your glycogen stores stabilizing blood sugar.

For stomach aches, carrot is a natural antibiotic, and is also an indigestible fiber, so it sterilizes the gut while removing any undigested food. I've had symptoms close to food poisoning that I stopped within minutes with raw carrots alone.

But if you really want to get rid of any problem bacteria, 4T of activated charcoal mixed in 12 ounces of pulp-free juice will basically remove anything and everything.Big boss

Thanks heaps Law. Repped.

Oh yeah, I don't consume red bull on a regular basis. I like it every once in a while. But coffee as in granulated coffee in many brands, now that's something I go for on a daily basis. Lol. And I like it black. Without no milk nor sugar.

As for raw carrots, That'd be something I'd be super keen to get into. Thanks heaps again mate. Much ablidged. Smile
04-27-2018 6:28 PM
Saiyanprince
Serious Poster

Rep Post

04-27-2018 6:30 PM

(04-27-2018 6:14 PM)theLaw Wrote:  For stomach aches, carrot is a natural antibiotic, and is also an indigestible fiber, so it sterilizes the gut while removing any undigested food. I've had symptoms close to food poisoning that I stopped within minutes with raw carrots alone.

That just sounds like a bad night waiting to happen. The kids and wife covering their ears from the unmentionables sounds coming from the bathroom.
04-27-2018 6:30 PM
Saiyanprince
Serious Poster

Rep Post

04-27-2018 6:33 PM

And on a serious note.

Exwife smoked a pack a day since she was 12 or 13. Was with her from that age to 24/25

Cheap deli Turkey. I swear it has the same chemical that makes you crave cigarettes. After 2 months she stopped. It's not the all natural stuff but the cheap processed turkey deli in a bag. I went to a seminar to help people stop since that was part of my military job. Was physical fitness and appearance.
04-27-2018 6:33 PM
theLaw

Rep Post

04-27-2018 6:42 PM

(04-27-2018 6:30 PM)Saiyanprince Wrote:  That just sounds like a bad night waiting to happen. The kids and wife covering their ears from the unmentionables sounds coming from the bathroom.

Actually, it slows digestion to a crawl, and then basically you sh*t black for 24hrs, but it does look like you just exorcised your bowels.

But it can lower blood sugar, so best to take with juice.Smoke

Signatures are forum-cancer.Scout
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2018 6:43 PM by theLaw.)
04-27-2018 6:42 PM

Mnhazmat
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

04-27-2018 11:49 PM

I quit a 3 pack a day habit 11 years ago using Chantix. It was hard as hell but the pills made it suck slightly less..

I loved sleeping while taking it. Dreams seemed like they were in high def, and I was able to remember them the next day.
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2018 11:51 PM by Mnhazmat.)
04-27-2018 11:49 PM
DrChocolate
Learner and observer

Rep Post

04-27-2018 11:52 PM

(04-27-2018 11:49 PM)Mnhazmat Wrote:  I loved sleeping while taking it. Dreams seemed like they were in high def, and I was able to remember them the next day.

This part right here. I'd like to second Haz. The dreams're awesome.
04-27-2018 11:52 PM
kevinwha
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

09-13-2018 7:49 AM

Very similar to my case! I've quit smoking only due to such a great invention as electronic cigarette. Since that time(for about 2-2,5) years I continue to use my electronic box mode.
09-13-2018 7:49 AM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to quit smoking? Q-Tips 12 5,642 11-20-2012 3:20 PM
Last Post: Q-Tips
  How to quit smokin? Q-Tips 14 6,000 11-03-2012 9:06 AM
Last Post: Androaura