Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
signature change
Sullivan
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: signature change
01-27-2019 4:58 PM

(01-27-2019 4:35 PM)Hombre Wrote:  but its not like i can flick my fingers and my neurotransmitters change.

You can... but it takes work training your brain to do so.

Not that I am saying I am good at this yet, but unless something major happens, I can usually turn my negative thoughts more positive.
And as Darklord was saying, you probably do it to some degree around different people already. I mean think about how you act around your friends, versus maybe your grandparents. Or even how you talk to women, versus talking to children.
We adapt ourselves to our environments constantly, it’s just it has become natural to us. So you just have to apply the same principles, but just be more conscious doing it.

Current stash
LPMP: TLG, WM, EOW
LAL: BW, AV, T150, (Samples VD, SXD-9)
PT: THU, GOA, (Sample TS), ETFZ, 0-69
Androtics: A314, TUTH, MX297, IH, IO, IG
XS: Taboo, XS193, Androsterone sulfate
AD: LIIK
Lacroy: NPA
AF: O-IN

Journal
http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Sullivan’s-Odyssey
01-27-2019 4:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sullivan
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

01-27-2019 5:05 PM

They waffle on a bit, and this isn’t exactly what you are talking about. But this does go into some explanation about rewiring your brain.

I mean remember, we are all basically thought patterns in a meat suit.

Current stash

Journal
01-27-2019 5:05 PM

theLaw

Rep Post

01-27-2019 5:40 PM

(01-27-2019 4:35 PM)Hombre Wrote:  thats all true in theory but not always so practical.

i am working all the time on controling my state and pheromones are some outside aid but it takes tons of practice to develop and even then its never perfect.

like every other human there are many things that effect my mood, from quality of sleep to the environment im in.
of corse the goal is to not be effected by those things, but its not like i can flick my fingers and my neurotransmitters change.

First off, the best defense against mood changes are :

1. Eating enough macros/micros including enough fat/protein/carb. About 1/3 of each is a safe bet. Also, salt is great (around 1 Tbsp per day min).

2. 8hrs of high-quality uninterrupted sleep

3. Reduce stress of any kind (easiest way to quantify this is just time - it keeps your ego out of any situation)

Personally, I suspect that there is some ingredient in BW that increases adrenaline, so I would keep an eye out for any issues related to this. Cheers!Mrgreen

Signatures are forum-cancer.Scout
01-27-2019 5:40 PM
Sullivan
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

01-27-2019 6:32 PM

I should probably add that it has taken about a week of watching a bunch of videos (and doing the exercises) to make some serious differences in my thought patterns.
While the information wasn’t new, it was a good reminder and in a neat little logical package that I feel has helped me be more focused in it.
While not perfect yet, I had a series of typical situations that would normally spin me out for days. But I was able to turn it around within a couple of hours.

As to what theLaw said, sleep is the only thing I am struggling with, and mindfulness and meditation should be a subheading under number 3.

Also theLaw, do you find your stress increases when using BW? Or is it one of the products you can’t use because of the ingredients. I forget which one it is, but know you avoid a certain pheromone.

Current stash

Journal
01-27-2019 6:32 PM
Hombre
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

01-28-2019 11:19 AM

ok sullivan ill give you two examples that i encounter quite regularly:

1) the tone of youre voice, its something you can work on but again, until i will be the master of everything, the tone of youre voice often comes out not like i would like it to. when i try concisely to speak up strong, i often feel like its sounds abit off.

2) sometimes i get stressed in certain situations. i try to focus on other things, reframe things, breath deeply, whatever i just keep feeling stressed. even if i manage to seat still and relaxed i feel the muscles in my face tensing and my discomfort showing.
01-28-2019 11:19 AM
DarkLord1

Rep Post

01-28-2019 1:33 PM

(01-28-2019 11:19 AM)Hombre Wrote:  ok sullivan ill give you two examples that i encounter quite regularly:

1) the tone of youre voice, its something you can work on but again, until i will be the master of everything, the tone of youre voice often comes out not like i would like it to. when i try concisely to speak up strong, i often feel like its sounds abit off.

2) sometimes i get stressed in certain situations. i try to focus on other things, reframe things, breath deeply, whatever i just keep feeling stressed. even if i manage to seat still and relaxed i feel the muscles in my face tensing and my discomfort showing.

Did you ever try guided or self hypnosis?
01-28-2019 1:33 PM

Hombre
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

01-28-2019 2:14 PM

i did not
01-28-2019 2:14 PM
Sullivan
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

01-28-2019 3:14 PM

Ok, I have no idea of voice modulation because that has never been an issue for me, however both are probably “treatable” using these tricks.
This is stuff I learnt for panic attacks, but I think it’s much better for just day to day stuff. It’s like fast track meditation. I am much better at this, than sitting in a room for an hour just clearing my head.

Firstly, you have to switch between your sympathetic to parasympathetic nervous system. You do this by breathing in through your nose for a count of six, and out through your mouth for a count of eight. You are supposed to do this for at least ten breaths, but with practice, I can get this down to about two. You should feel a difference, for me it’s like a bedsheet of calm just floats down my body like I am going as a shitty ghost for Halloween. Next you find 5 things you can see, 4 things you can touch, 3 things you can hear, 2 things you can smell, and one thing you taste. Don’t stress if you forget the order, can’t remember what number suits what... it is all about just focusing on where you are here and now.
Finally you use the fake it until you make it rule, and just smile. A cheeky, “I know something you don’t” kind of smile is best. It’s rather cocky, and always just seems to work at flooding the good stuff in.
Now if you use all of these tools straight up when you are stressed, then it is probably not going to work. This is something you practice when you are already feeling ok, possibly best in a more neutral state so you can pay attention to the mood change.
All this is what works for me. There is many other information of tricks out there that may work better for you.
Once you are at this level, whatever it is you are attempting should be a lot easier to accomplish.
You also need to pay attention to what stresses you out, and do these things before you are stressed. Easier said than done, but by being mindful of your own emotions and triggers, you can at least greatly reduce the times it happens.

Current stash

Journal
01-28-2019 3:14 PM
Sullivan
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

01-28-2019 3:42 PM

Also, the best time to practice this is right after you get out of the shower, our lizard brains have an in built cheat code, of calming our selves down when our face is under water. You could just fill your sink up and plop your face in, but I find it easier just running my face under the shower. So you are already in that calm state.
If you swim, you could also practice while swimming. Usually best in a break between laps( I usually swim for 15 minutes, stretch for a few minutes, and swim again for 15). So I do it while stretching.
Obviously you can’t just stick your face under water whenever you are stressed, but it teaches the brain that when you are doing these exercises, it needs to be calm.

Current stash

Journal
01-28-2019 3:42 PM
Snakecharmer49311
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

01-29-2019 4:40 AM

The Raikov effect was a game changer for me dealing with stress and also burning bay leaves.
01-29-2019 4:40 AM

Share This Thread