Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
making your own cologne
phergineer
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

RE: making your own cologne
07-08-2015 12:10 AM

I use Everclear to turn my oils into sprays. For cologne/perfume like spray, I use 40% oil, 60% alcohol.
I tried however to use only 25% alcohol with body oils from The Common Scents, and it worked, but the consistency was like a thinner oil. When I asked the company why it works, they told me it's because their fragrance oils are pure body oils, with no other additives that would prevent them from dissolving so well in Everclear/perfumer's alcohol.
I tend to believe them. I used the 40/60 ratio for oils from other companies, and I need to shake them every time I use them. With the common scents oils I did not have that problem.
07-08-2015 12:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ShadowX114
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

07-08-2015 11:24 AM

Thank you. I will buy that Everclear alternative that we have here and test with the sample oils I have from thefragranceshop
07-08-2015 11:24 AM
phergineer
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

07-09-2015 8:39 AM

You're welcome. I also tend to apply a bit of oil scent first and then follow with spray. That way I get the great diffusion of the spray, but the scent lasts longer on my skin due to the oil.
07-09-2015 8:39 AM
DrChocolate
Learner and observer

Sex: Male

Rep Post

01-31-2017 8:07 AM

(07-06-2015 9:29 PM)ShadowX114 Wrote:  Since we are writing a bit here and a bit in the other thread called "How do I make my own cologne?" , I'm thinking of creating a 3rd thread as a merge; for a cleaner, clutter-free information. What do you guys think? I don't know how to call it though.....(The "Create your own cologne thread") ?
Then we discuss the 2 different ways of creating our own scents:
1) How to make a cologne from essential oil/fragrance oil
2) How to scent an unscented pheromone (e.g Glace/Corpo that come unscented by default or if we bought unscented products from PXS)
[/quote]

Hey Shadow. Did ya end up submerging the thread? If ya did, I couldn't find it. Cos am super keen on this subject.

Been reading all night about this. Both here and other sources.

Would be amazing to create that thread about making aphrodisiac EO based colognes.

So far am having some good luck with Patchouli and lavender.

Thanks in advance. Smile
01-31-2017 8:07 AM

Share This Thread