Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
making your own cologne
Cornfed
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: making your own cologne
06-15-2015 7:08 PM

(06-15-2015 6:45 PM)ShadowX114 Wrote:  For the Canadians, since we don't have everclear, you can get an alternative brand that contains 94%. In Quebec, we have this:

I see they make a 40% as well, but... what actually is it? Just a grain spirit? I mean, 40% means there's 60% something else, right?

Collection
Pheromone XS: Evolve, Cohesion oil
Pheromone XS Samples: Bliss, Ascend spray, SOB, Vibes, Cohesion spray, Ascend oil
Liquid Alchemy: Nude Alpha
Pheromone Treasures: Escape the Friendzone, Grail of Affection, Androstadienone oil
Androtics: Ammo, Turn Up The Heat
Alpha Dream: Glace
Love Potion: #9, Merlin's Blend, Homme, Excalibur, Teddy Man 2, Elementary Chapter 5, TMI, Super for Men II, Pashazade, Voracious
Love Scent: New New Pheromone Additive
06-15-2015 7:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
phero hacker
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

06-15-2015 11:06 PM

is where I go, but not in the USA. You can try these guys if you have a store nearby (they won't post ethanol as it's dangerous) or contact them to find out about how to access perfumers alcohol or similar.
06-15-2015 11:06 PM
Cornfed
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

06-15-2015 11:24 PM

(06-15-2015 11:06 PM)phero hacker Wrote:   is where I go, but not in the USA. You can try these guys if you have a store nearby (they won't post ethanol as it's dangerous) or contact them to find out about how to access perfumers alcohol or similar.

I don't know if that's just a quirk of the seller... the USPS won't legally transport drinking alcohols, but pretty well all other couriers will. I ordered in a bottle of very good absinthe from the UK last year, now that it's perfectly legal to do so. Declared it and it was shipped by their courier to the US border, passed through customs and then delivered by UPS who even checked my ID. That stuff is a whopping 72% alcohol. Not Everclear, but still pretty flammable.

Collection
Pheromone XS Samples: Bliss, Ascend spray, SOB, Vibes, Cohesion spray, Ascend oil
Pheromone Treasures: Escape the Friendzone, Grail of Affection, Androstadienone oil
Love Potion: #9, Merlin's Blend, Homme, Excalibur, Teddy Man 2, Elementary Chapter 5, TMI, Super for Men II, Pashazade, Voracious
06-15-2015 11:24 PM
phero hacker
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

06-16-2015 2:56 AM

Yeah it could possibly be an Australian thing, they are just so strict here about everything. Oh well I suppose it's better than the extreme opposite, I'm still surprised we can even get mones here.

Did you trip out on the Absinthe or just get Drunk
06-16-2015 2:56 AM
Cornfed
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

06-16-2015 3:30 AM

(06-16-2015 2:56 AM)phero hacker Wrote:  Did you trip out on the Absinthe or just get Drunk
Although off-topic, I'll answer it quickly here.
Although I purchased it from a UK vendor, it's a French absinthe - Jade Esprit Edouard. Pricey stuff at just over $100US to get it here, but supposedly one of the best. I tried it the traditional way, bought glasses, proper slotted spoons, the bottle came with complimentary sugar cubes that said "absinthe" on the wrapper. I went over to a friend's house to try it together. I opened the bottle and the whole room smelled of black licorice almost immediately. I dripped distilled water over the cubes until they dissolved and the absinthe changed from green to milky. We took our first sip and gagged. Had to slam the stuff and almost wretched at how overpowering the licorice flavor was. This is some truly bitter nectar. I stuck the cork back in (yes, it's corked like a wine bottle) and haven't opened it since for any other purpose than to let people take a whiff of it. I may try some mixers or make a cocktail in the future. I feel bad putting such a top shelf liquor into a mixer. I think it might be good with root beer, though, and I'm curious about using it in place of vermouth in a martini. This stuff has got to be an acquired taste.

Collection
06-16-2015 3:30 AM

SuperJoy

Rep Post

06-17-2015 9:36 AM

(06-16-2015 3:30 AM)Cornfed Wrote:  Although off-topic, I'll answer it quickly here.

Awesome, I tried some years ago when a buddy snuck back a bottle from Czech Republic. My understanding is that the stuff that you get now and can import to the US is different or not as strong. Or so I heard...

(06-15-2015 3:44 PM)Cornfed Wrote:  The main reason to not use Everclear is that it's not available in every state. Some states have legal limits on drinking alcohol percentages. If you have Everclear, you can use it. Those who can't get it can use vodka.

I can get it here in Colo.... We have weed, lol, Im pretty sure they are not worried about alcohol. Wild West Baby! Im going to try Everclear...
06-17-2015 9:36 AM
SuperJoy

Rep Post

07-04-2015 4:29 PM

I tried mixing everclear with EOs with success. Not sure the ratio tho... one OZ everclear to 20ish drops of EO.
07-04-2015 4:29 PM
ShadowX114
Serious Poster

Rep Post

07-06-2015 9:29 PM

Since we are writing a bit here and a bit in the other thread called "How do I make my own cologne?" , I'm thinking of creating a 3rd thread as a merge; for a cleaner, clutter-free information. What do you guys think? I don't know how to call it though.....(The "Create your own cologne thread") ?
Then we discuss the 2 different ways of creating our own scents:
1) How to make a cologne from essential oil/fragrance oil
2) How to scent an unscented pheromone (e.g Glace/Corpo that come unscented by default or if we bought unscented products from PXS)

(07-04-2015 4:29 PM)SuperJoy Wrote:  I tried mixing everclear with EOs with success. Not sure the ratio tho... one OZ everclear to 20ish drops of EO.

So I'm assuming we don't need any kind of dipropylene glycol (DPG), Propylene glycol (PG) or vegetable glycerin (VG) ?

Is the scent lasting longer than a commercial cologne? What about sillage?

As for your ratio question, here's a copy/paste of my notes that I took from various sources. The first few are from SteveO in the forums (forgot whether here or his forums)

Quote:SteveO
When I make a master batch I leave out enough SD40B (perfumers alcohol) so that for every ten ml I need to add either .5 mL of fragrance or additional alcohol. That's already been done with your ACE. However adding a good quality essential oil is still possible.

Now adding actual cologne that's not concentrated you won't be doing much to it as cologne is already diluted to 20% fragrance in alcohol. Adding that same cologne as a concentrated oil would be perfect. Hence why I recommend EO or oils. Its not going to really throw off any ratios enough to notice a difference for the casual user so everything should be fine. You'd have to be a nut like me to notice anything.

You can now obtain the fragrances in 3mL dropper bottles. I use .5mL to fragrance a 10 mL bottle and about .65 for the 15 mL bottles. One 3mL dropper can make a 30 mL bottle of cologne full strength if that's what you choose to do.

From another user
I think the best option is to add an oil based frangrance (much stronger). I think about 1ml per 10ml of product will give a good scent/product ratio.

From book
The most prevalent solvent used in the manufacturing of perfumes is Ethanol

pheromoneXS AndrostANONE is available in 10 ml or 30 ml bottles as multiple different concentrations which you can select from 12.5 mcg per spray up to 500 mcg per spray. Bottles come with Perfumers Alcohol (SD40B) as diluent time set with 10% Dipropylene Glycol (DPG) (my note: so why is DPG added? What's its purpose??)

another source
You can start by acquiring a small collection of perfume ingredients, either fragrance oils or natural essential oils.
You can dilute these ingredients to 1% (take 1 part (start with drops) ingredient and dilute it in 99 parts carrier
07-06-2015 9:29 PM
moe

Rep Post

07-07-2015 2:53 AM

I think that's a good idea. A thread regrouping all the essential info would be better

M.

Pheromone Xs:
Evolve, Mascot, Barely Legal, Taboo, Flirt, SOB, Connections, Love Boat, Bliss
Alpha Dreams:
AM, Corpo
Liquid Alchemy Labs:
NA, Wolf, AV, DP
Apex:
Style, M3X, Atlas, Tusc, Titan
Androtics:
A314, P130,TAC
Pheromone Treasures:
-
A1

07-07-2015 2:53 AM
SuperJoy

Rep Post

07-07-2015 8:57 PM

(07-07-2015 2:53 AM)moe Wrote:  I think that's a good idea. A thread regrouping all the essential info would be better

M.

+1

(07-06-2015 9:29 PM)ShadowX114 Wrote:  So I'm assuming we don't need any kind of dipropylene glycol (DPG), Propylene glycol (PG) or vegetable glycerin (VG) ?

Is the scent lasting longer than a commercial cologne? What about sillage?

I'm sure DRG, PG, or VG have their place I just don't know how to use them so I'm starting easy.

Right now I'm using these two products. and they seem to last a long time. I could still smell them on a shirt the next day after spraying them on my neck before I even put the shirt on. The pumpkin seems to really stand out. I'm not sure the silage but I'm sure it follows me around. My GF seems to really like the scent. I'm going to buy each of the scents in an oil buy themselves and try that next. Sidenote: My GF and I both went shopping with just the plant pheromone from this company and we had some really solid interactions with people.

I want to blend them with something musky... like but baby steps will need to be taken since I have no idea what the F I am doing! !

Do you think its as easy as mixing the two oil products with ethanol and just adjusting the ratios until its a good fit?
07-07-2015 8:57 PM

Share This Thread