Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

hi everyone, new here, interesting case, bi girl with social-rejection issues
pkitty
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 3
Thanks received:
4 thanks in 3 posts

Rainbow hi everyone, new here, interesting case, bi girl with social-rejection issues
06-19-2012 7:14 AM

Hi everyone, I feel a bit embarrassed posting here *blush* but I've recently developed a curiosity....a lot of things led up to it that were unrelated actually, I have an overly sensitive sense of smell which has recently been boosted due to stress. Female, bisexual, as I stated. I noticed recently that some men (not all) give off this rank odor...not a body odor, but this kind of musky animal odor that was not at all pleasant. That got me thinking that somehow my sense of smell had heightened or something had happened to the point where I could smell some sort of pheromones and was interested just what pure androgenic extracts smelled like. It was just a mere curiosity but it came to mind again when accidentally some pheromone oils popped up on amazon while I was looking for another product.

I am pretty skeptical, tend to go towards the logical/scientific side, have been diagnosed as extremely high-functioning Asperger's...I know the literature out there is conflicting, but another thing that's making me want to try it is that I'm recovering from some very bad depressive states - I've had depression my whole life that's been characterized by a lot of unusual social rejection to the point where I developed rejection phobia, social phobia, body dysmorphic disorder Sad

Saying that I have autism spectrum and depression may be a red flag, but I've asked people who have known me a long time and those close to me about my interactions with people, and they say I come off as just a bit quirky, but fun and intelligent. When I'm first meeting someone, I'm very social and don't come off as depressed as all. As for the body dysmorphic disorder, I guess it must be in my head because I've been told I'm attractive and posses quite a few natural physical traits in women that I guess are desirous...

What seems to be the pattern with me is that I meet new people (both genders, romantic intention or no) and we'll both have a great time, and they go "poof" after that. Literally I'll never hear from them again! It really tweaks with my mind since I've got depression and makes me feel like I'm some sort of outcast...With anybody, but especially with romantically themed encounters, it's very hard for me to deal with no contact - I'm fine with honesty but no contact at all leaves me hanging and nervous.

I've done a bit of reading and it seems like I'd want to start with one of the socials, maybe?...Hearing good things about Alpha Dream...For now I am focusing romantically on men, as in the past I've had limited experience with women and would like to build up confidence in that area. I seem to be stuck in a situation where I don't connect on a deep level with people (romantic or no) and I'm wanting more. I'm also wanting to have a more natural approach to my depression and it sounds as if some of these sprays can be mood boosters as well, which is great! I'm not sure if I have a huge problem with men being attracted to me once I can actually get to that point, but having them STAY is the issue...I think I may have MORE problems if it's only the copulins etc that are pulling them in and they don't have much else to stay for. Does that make sense?

Oh, and I almost forgot, are there any mixtures that turn off men's attraction to women or women's attraction to other women? It's confusing since I'm bi, I guess I could wear different scents, but I wouldn't want to gross out half of my potential romantic partners! I haven't browsed a ton but I've seen a few posts by gay men etc. but I guess if there are specific hormones for only certain sexes is this possible?

And another question - I've been continuously on birth control for years and years to control severe menstrual pain, so I guess I'm never producing that sign that I'm ovulating...have other women on BC had noticeable issues? I've been on it so long and I don't even take the sugar pill week so I don't know what it's like.

Sorry if this got too long, I was just wondering if anyone had a good idea for my particular issue or if there are some samples, coupons or discounts I could try out - I'm pretty skeptical but it would be amazing if it worked even a little bit, thanks everyone! <3
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2012 7:21 AM by pkitty.)
06-19-2012 7:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

CanadianGuy45
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 2110
Thanks received:
1161 thanks in 449 posts

RE: hi everyone, new here, interesting case, bi girl with social-rejection issues
06-19-2012 7:34 AM

Just a quick note. I agree that acquiring a good Social would be a great place for you to start. 2 great Socials that I can recommend are Glace from Alpha Dream as well as Hypnotica from Liquid Alchemy.

Regards,

CG45

Journal:
http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Life-in-a-Northern-Town

Mone Stash:
Damn near everything!
06-19-2012 7:34 AM
Thanks given by AlternativeGirl
Pheroman
Not So Serious Poster

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 3869
Thanks received:
3359 thanks in 1251 posts

RE: hi everyone, new here, interesting case, bi girl with social-rejection issues
06-19-2012 7:38 AM

Welcome.
This is the logical and scientific side.

You may be better off wearing nutella, maybe some chick might want to lick it off
My journal http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Diary-of-a-PheroMan
My product list http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Diary-of-a-...8#pid36108
06-19-2012 7:38 AM
Thanks given by AlternativeGirl
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Sex: Male

Thanks Given: 1432
Thanks received:
3701 thanks in 1562 posts

06-19-2012 7:48 AM

Hi pkitty, welcome to PheroTruth!

Being a guy I'm not the best qualified to answer a lot of your questions, so I'll leave them to the ladies, but it sounds like you have been doing a bit of research.

I can say that I think you'l fit right in here and we have an awesome group of folks!

In answer to your question about hormones though, there are a number that are predominantly male or female, such as Testosterone and estrogen, but are still produced in smaller quantities in the non-predominant sex. Copulins are not a hormone but a secretion of fatty oils and produced by females only and hbeen shon to increase testosterone levels in males by as much as 140%.

There are pheromone products which are developed for increased same sex attention, as well those for opposite sex attention.

Androstadienone would be your best choice for reducine depression and mood improvement.

The rest I'll leave to our wonderful women to answer for you, but look around and learn, and if you have any other questions, just ask. Smile

Stop striving for PERFECTION, because the closer you get to achieving it the further away the goalposts move. Instead, concentrate on PROGRESS, because you that you can meet and surpass every day!

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
06-19-2012 7:48 AM
AlternativeGirl
Sapiosexual

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 3306
Thanks received:
2349 thanks in 881 posts

06-19-2012 8:02 AM

Good Morning, Pkitty! Welcome to Pherotruth Big Grin

You know, I think everyone feels socially awkward from time to time. My friends all think I am a super confident social goddess, but I've had my share of depression and body image issues for sure. I can really sympathize with you.

One of the best things that has helped me is meditation. Psychophysiologists can measure actual positive changes in hormone levels and brain function that can contribute to elevated mood and self image. These changes have been measured with subjects who only meditate for twelve minutes a day. It's super easy and its free, but the effect it can have in your life is incredible. The confidence and focus that it can add to your day to day experience is so amazing. Everything from choices to movements to social interactions just goes more smoothly when I am meditating regularly.

If you check out this awesome forum a bit, you will see a plethora of information about other members making all sorts of positive changes in their lives. Its not just about pheromones-everything from supplementation to juicing to working out. Its endless.

There's a good reason for this. We are all interested in pheromones to enhance our lives. But the pheromones (while they are pretty amazing) are not some magic love potion. If we want to enhance our lives, we will have better success if we are constantly working to better ourselves.

The pheromones can do quite a bit, but the person wearing them ultimately is the one directing the show. If I wore the most wonderful, sexy phero-blend to a party but I subconsciously looked away any time anyone tried to smile at me, I would reduce my likelihood of having an awesome conversation with anyone. Basically the wearer still has to be congruent with the experience they would like to have, and then the pheromones can make this easier.

I like to think of it like a cupcake. You are the cupcake- you are sweet and delicious inside. The frosting is your self-image, the way you present yourself, the way you interact with people, your attitude, your posture and body language, your aura. The sprinkles are the little things like when you are wearing that pair of jeans in which you feel most attractive, the mascara, the perfume or the pheromones. Pheromones and nail polish and just sprinkles. They don't make the cake.

As for your lovely logical/ scientific side, I myself am very analytical. There are tons of studies out there on pheromones. There are people posting them on here from time to time. James V. Khol posts some informative ones. There are plenty of research papers out there if you would like to spend forever reading them in detail. They're interesting, but its more fun to conduct your own research.

Oh and btw, a lot of the phero blends that are geared toward attracting men have had some really interesting effects on my girlfriends as well. So whether you are pursuing men may not leave you without other options.

There are tons of discounts and samples out there. Right now Love Scent is selling samples for 1 penny plus like 3.95 shipping. I've never tried them, but there are reviews somewhere, I'm sure. Let us know more about what you'd like, and we'll help you find it as much as we can.

Life's a garden; dig it

my journal:

http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Fun-Times-and-Pheromones
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2012 8:05 AM by AlternativeGirl.)
06-19-2012 8:02 AM
Thanks given by pkitty, mark-in-dallas, CanadianGuy45, thundr, Lexy

pkitty
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks received:
4 thanks in 3 posts

06-19-2012 8:26 AM

(06-19-2012 8:02 AM)AlternativeGirl Wrote:  Good Morning, Pkitty! Welcome to Pherotruth Big Grin

You know, I think everyone feels socially awkward from time to time. My friends all think I am a super confident social goddess, but I've had my share of depression and body image issues for sure. I can really sympathize with you.

One of the best things that has helped me is meditation. Psychophysiologists can measure actual positive changes in hormone levels and brain function that can contribute to elevated mood and self image. These changes have been measured with subjects who only meditate for twelve minutes a day. It's super easy and its free, but the effect it can have in your life is incredible. The confidence and focus that it can add to your day to day experience is so amazing. Everything from choices to movements to social interactions just goes more smoothly when I am meditating regularly.

If you check out this awesome forum a bit, you will see a plethora of information about other members making all sorts of positive changes in their lives. Its not just about pheromones-everything from supplementation to juicing to working out. Its endless.

There's a good reason for this. We are all interested in pheromones to enhance our lives. But the pheromones (while they are pretty amazing) are not some magic love potion. If we want to enhance our lives, we will have better success if we are constantly working to better ourselves.

The pheromones can do quite a bit, but the person wearing them ultimately is the one directing the show. If I wore the most wonderful, sexy phero-blend to a party but I subconsciously looked away any time anyone tried to smile at me, I would reduce my likelihood of having an awesome conversation with anyone. Basically the wearer still has to be congruent with the experience they would like to have, and then the pheromones can make this easier.

I like to think of it like a cupcake. You are the cupcake- you are sweet and delicious inside. The frosting is your self-image, the way you present yourself, the way you interact with people, your attitude, your posture and body language, your aura. The sprinkles are the little things like when you are wearing that pair of jeans in which you feel most attractive, the mascara, the perfume or the pheromones. Pheromones and nail polish and just sprinkles. They don't make the cake.

As for your lovely logical/ scientific side, I myself am very analytical. There are tons of studies out there on pheromones. There are people posting them on here from time to time. James V. Khol posts some informative ones. There are plenty of research papers out there if you would like to spend forever reading them in detail. They're interesting, but its more fun to conduct your own research.

Oh and btw, a lot of the phero blends that are geared toward attracting men have had some really interesting effects on my girlfriends as well. So whether you are pursuing men may not leave you without other options.

There are tons of discounts and samples out there. Right now Love Scent is selling samples for 1 penny plus like 3.95 shipping. I've never tried them, but there are reviews somewhere, I'm sure. Let us know more about what you'd like, and we'll help you find it as much as we can.

Aw, thanks for the sweet response, looks like I accidentally stumbled upon a community that can help me in other ways Smile I've done a lot of therapy and I always thought that mindfulness meditation/relaxation things were really what ever did anything for me. I'm trying to integrate a lot of more healthy changes into my life now, but it is difficult finding the motivation when I am going through so many tough things.

And yeah, thanks for the warning, thankfully with my logical side that's how I was viewing it! The scientific studies have just been mixed sometimes, and a lot of the products out there aren't based on science or are poor quality (as with many supplements etc as well). It's just strange though, I have asked many times and I'm quite sure I don't put off an unapproachable vibe , well, that is when I actually want to be approached! Smile In fact I will approach strangers often in a friendly way and start up a conversation which some people are shocked/impressed by, (don't know the right word, as in, "Wow, how'd you get the courage just to talk to that random guy in the corner?") given that I've had a history of social anxiety/rejection.

Basically just for my logical side and to give me motivation I need more positive social experiences to lean on...I've honed in on a few things I was doing that may have come off a bit too strong etc, but nothing that should have given me this ridiculously low of a batting average, for ANY kind of new relationship (romantic or otherwise) with ANY gender. Doesn't matter what medium I meet them through, or what the situation is, I just hardly have any experiences to look back on and say, "Hey, I put myself out there and I actually got something out of it!" It's something I'll probably just continue to do, but I feel armed with more positive experiences things will just get better from there.

I'll look into that suggestion on the samples - anyone have any experience with them personally?
06-19-2012 8:26 AM
halo0073

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1605
Thanks received:
3232 thanks in 1473 posts

06-19-2012 8:29 AM

Hi and welcome! I agree socials are the place to start for you. Open Windows, Glace FB, and Hypnotica are my favorites. For mood elevation my favorite molecules are Androstadienone , Alpha Androstenol, and DHEAS
pkitty
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks received:
4 thanks in 3 posts

(06-19-2012 7:48 AM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  Hi pkitty, welcome to PheroTruth!

Being a guy I'm not the best qualified to answer a lot of your questions, so I'll leave them to the ladies, but it sounds like you have been doing a bit of research.

I can say that I think you'l fit right in here and we have an awesome group of folks!

In answer to your question about hormones though, there are a number that are predominantly male or female, such as Testosterone and estrogen, but are still produced in smaller quantities in the non-predominant sex. Copulins are not a hormone but a secretion of fatty oils and produced by females only and hbeen shon to increase testosterone levels in males by as much as 140%.

There are pheromone products which are developed for increased same sex attention, as well those for opposite sex attention.

Androstadienone would be your best choice for reducine depression and mood improvement.

The rest I'll leave to our wonderful women to answer for you, but look around and learn, and if you have any other questions, just ask. Smile

Thanks for the welcome and clearing some things up! I always tend to be that way haha, my doctors hate me (*mentions a recent study* "Well, I never heard of that in medical school!") Do you have any in particular that you can recommend?
pkitty
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks received:
4 thanks in 3 posts

06-19-2012 8:37 AM

Wow lots of great suggestions. I can't seem to find out what it's in FB Glace? I don't like alcohol based sprays so the silicone is a plus...I really see that one mentioned everywhere so I'm learning towards it.

However I was curious if anyone just takes the bulk ingredients from that site to mimic what's in the FB Glace? Does it turn out being more cost effective and effective for situations (say if you have base chemicals you can put on certain ones for certain days instead of choosing a whole mixed one...)..

This is an odd questions but I wonder if anyone's tried it - another thing that had me thinking about all this is that I buy this feline pheromone stuff for my cats to calm down their interactions. It's like an aromatherapy burner. I'm surprised there aren't essential oil mixes out there that mimic something similar (well, I haven't looked, but it seems to be focused on oils to put on yourself). To chill out generally or set the mood for a sexy evening, could you just put some of the oils in a diffuser? I'm so curious what this would do. I actually use these things called "water based air purifiers" - don't know the actual word, there are lots of different brands, but it swishes around water in a bowl and sort of atomizes any essential oils you put in there. It'd be so funny if I had a friendly one in the living room and the more sex based ones in the bedroom and you could see the mood change pretty intensely!! Big Grin
06-19-2012 8:37 AM

AlternativeGirl
Sapiosexual

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 3306
Thanks received:
2349 thanks in 881 posts

06-19-2012 8:42 AM

Love Potion has these wax tarts that are part aromatherapy part pheromone. You melt them, they waft...

They're near the bottom of the page

Life's a garden; dig it

my journal:

http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Fun-Times-and-Pheromones
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2012 8:44 AM by AlternativeGirl.)
06-19-2012 8:42 AM

Share This Thread