Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
alternative non-cologne cover scents
WereWolf666
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: alternative non-cologne cover scents
09-10-2019 5:19 AM

(09-09-2019 7:53 AM)LoveInSpain Wrote:  Citronella oil, it repels mosquitos as well.

The oils that repels mosquitos are quite strong, the stronger they are the better they work on mosquitos. To me those oils are a bit repelling, they annoy me a bit. If you intend to use that dilute it well because it's strong.
I have a friend who put some citronnella in his Azzaro Homme, it was very noticeable, and most people where I live associate citronnela with mosquito so it wasn't that great.
09-10-2019 5:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
empathy
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

09-10-2019 8:08 AM

(09-10-2019 5:19 AM)WereWolf666 Wrote:  The oils that repels mosquitos are quite strong, the stronger they are the better they work on mosquitos. To me those oils are a bit repelling, they annoy me a bit. If you intend to use that dilute it well because it's strong.
I have a friend who put some citronnella in his Azzaro Homme, it was very noticeable, and most people where I live associate citronnela with mosquito so it wasn't that great.

has anyone ever used essential oils...like peppermint...or lavender ?

like lavender is to help one be calm...and for stress relief...peppermint is used to boost energy...sandalwood helps with focus...rose reduces stress and helps with anxiety...chamomile helps with mood and relaxation ...lemon aids mod and headaches ...and so on
09-10-2019 8:08 AM

WereWolf666
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

09-10-2019 8:41 AM

I have used it, pepper mint, lemon, and bergamot I used yesterday. I think lemon oil was the most powerful as it got a special smell that is not used in perfumery directly so it stand out as very different, pepper mint people think you have clean breath but it's not original.
Also I don't believe all the effects said on most website about essential oil, most of them are rumors with no solid testing, it can be true like it can be false or just straight placebo effect.

On the behavior effect I can't say it's mind blowing at least to me, but I didn't test it much. Lavender I wouldn't use it straight, lavender is really harsh smelling to me, perfume use lavender but it's obviously very different from the straight oil, for example there is some in Le male but it's barely recognizable compared to the pure oil. Most oil are harsh compared to perfume, for example straight Vetiver, or patchouli to a lesser extent, in most perfume saying to contain patchouli for most it's hard to detect it, Vetiver it's the same, I used to think a long time ago that Vetiver smell like citrus, my GF thought that too because of the Vetiver perfume sold in store.

The few oils that can be use straight are the citrus, incense, pepper, pepper mint, vanilla (not an oil), geranium (preferable to dilute), rose (very expensive), or the floral but very expensive for most, and few floral are actually harsh like violet.

Also be careful about the brand, I have tested 4 european brand, only one was good, the other were diluted or trash, and don't trust the organic logo, my non organic brand smell better than some organic shit.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2019 8:55 AM by WereWolf666.)
09-10-2019 8:41 AM
empathy
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

09-10-2019 9:00 AM

(09-10-2019 8:41 AM)WereWolf666 Wrote:  I have used it, pepper mint, lemon, and bergamot I used yesterday. I think lemon oil was the most powerful as it got a special smell that is not used in perfumery directly so it stand out as very different, pepper mint people think you have clean breath but it's not original.
Also I don't believe all the effects said on most website about essential oil, most of them are rumors with no solid testing, it can be true like it can be false or just straight placebo effect.

On the behavior effect I can't say it's mind blowing at least to me, but I didn't test it much. Lavender I wouldn't use it straight, lavender is really harsh smelling to me, perfume use lavender but it's obviously very different from the straight oil, for example there is some in Le male but it's barely recognizable compared to the pure oil. Most oil are harsh compared to perfume, for example straight Vetiver, or patchouli to a lesser extent, in most perfume saying to contain patchouli for most it's hard to detect it, Vetiver it's the same, I used to think a long time ago that Vetiver smell like citrus, my GF thought that too because of the Vetiver perfume sold in store.

The few oils that can be use straight are the citrus, incense, pepper, pepper mint, vanilla (not an oil), geranium (preferable to dilute), rose (very expensive), or the floral but very expensive for most, and few floral are actually harsh like violet.

Also be careful about the brand, I have tested 4 european brand, only one was good, the other were diluted or trash, and don't trust the organic logo, my non organic brand smell better than some organic shit.

very nice!! thanks for the info... I guess i was trying to think outside of the box...I have bought essential oils for the (what they say) effect with mood....like i have sprayed lavender before bed....so i was wondering if anyone tried mixing mones with essential oils...and if they had more success and also was able to cover scent at same time...thanks for the info as usual Smile
09-10-2019 9:00 AM
monequest74
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

09-10-2019 9:27 AM

(09-09-2019 8:46 AM)polarvoid Wrote:  Consider an oil-based scent/Oud of some kind - you get a wide range of scents, varieties and price points.

I've seen Oud online and been wondering what it smells like. It's expensive, I'll try to find someplace local with it so I can smell it before buying. Thanks
09-10-2019 9:27 AM
monequest74
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

09-10-2019 9:30 AM

(09-10-2019 8:41 AM)WereWolf666 Wrote:  I have used it, pepper mint, lemon, and bergamot I used yesterday. I think lemon oil was the most powerful as it got a special smell that is not used in perfumery directly so it stand out as very different, pepper mint people think you have clean breath but it's not original.

great ideas. Thanks!
09-10-2019 9:30 AM

empathy
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

09-10-2019 11:48 AM

i just bought a nice smelling cologne from Bath and body works called bourbon ...smells very nice ....the girl working there said she loves it...read online that it seems to be a winner
09-10-2019 11:48 AM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

09-10-2019 12:01 PM

(09-10-2019 11:48 AM)empathy Wrote:  i just bought a nice smelling cologne from Bath and body works called bourbon ...smells very nice ....the girl working there said she loves it...read online that it seems to be a winner

Awesome! Love ‘spirited’ scents.

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of differing perspectives?" If not, there's no point in arguing.
09-10-2019 12:01 PM
empathy
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

09-10-2019 12:15 PM

(09-10-2019 12:01 PM)Snoopyace Wrote:  Awesome! Love ‘spirited’ scents.

it is definitely a masculine smell to it....got a oaky smell to it...very refreshing
09-10-2019 12:15 PM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

09-10-2019 12:37 PM

(09-10-2019 12:15 PM)empathy Wrote:  it is definitely a masculine smell to it....got a oaky smell to it...very refreshing

We have one of those places like 5 minutes rom my house. I’ll have to check it out!

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of differing perspectives?" If not, there's no point in arguing.
09-10-2019 12:37 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Best Long Range Cover Scents? od1 44 18,247 12-19-2018 9:37 PM
Last Post: IHGWF
  Cover scents tip Mr. E 3 13 4,985 03-31-2017 1:37 PM
Last Post: RiCh
  Do premixed scents perform better than using cover scents? dabu11et 0 672 11-26-2016 3:33 PM
Last Post: dabu11et
  Cover Scents NikkiReloaded 15 7,424 06-21-2016 3:20 PM
Last Post: Jimmycrack
  Ouds and Attars as cover scents. Lucent 11 5,538 03-17-2016 7:43 PM
Last Post: Ekscentra