Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Poll: According to your memory, which movie quotes are correct?
“Mama always said, life IS like a box of chocolates.”---“Luke, I am your father!”---“If you build it, THEY will come.”
“Mama always said, life WAS like a box of chocolates.”---“No! I am your father!”--- “If you build it, HE will come.”
[Show Results]

a glitch in the what
arrhenius
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: a glitch in the what
10-26-2018 10:42 PM

My personal favorite "explanation" for this is Berkeley's subjective idealism.

For those interested in the physics of it, here's a great article.

10-26-2018 10:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stefdude

Rep Post

10-27-2018 6:39 AM

(10-26-2018 10:42 PM)arrhenius Wrote:  My personal favorite "explanation" for this is Berkeley's subjective idealism.

For those interested in the physics of it, here's a great article.

I may not be fair towards the article but I don't like the 'there is no objective truth' notion.Too marxistic and Copenhagen School, with romantic elements, written by a female, referring to the theoretical "observer" as a she.Who said the observer is a woman?Why the effort of talking unconventionally and pushing irrelevant naratives?Fuck that.

They've done studies you know...60% of the time, it works every time
10-27-2018 6:39 AM

arrhenius
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

10-27-2018 12:17 PM

(10-27-2018 6:39 AM)stefdude Wrote:  I may not be fair towards the article but I don't like the 'there is no objective truth' notion.Too marxistic and Copenhagen School, with romantic elements, written by a female, referring to the theoretical "observer" as a she.Who said the observer is a woman?Why the effort of talking unconventionally and pushing irrelevant naratives?Fuck that.

Did you read the Q&A ?

I agree with what you're saying as far as the overly romantic elements go, and you're right, who says the observer is female? or male?

But this is mainly the fault of the author, not of Fuch's and his theory.

He goes on to discuss the consideration of observers himself towards the end of the article.
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2018 12:18 PM by arrhenius.)
10-27-2018 12:17 PM
stefdude

Rep Post

10-29-2018 5:22 AM

(10-27-2018 12:17 PM)arrhenius Wrote:  Did you read the Q&A ?

I agree with what you're saying as far as the overly romantic elements go, and you're right, who says the observer is female? or male?

But this is mainly the fault of the author, not of Fuch's and his theory.

He goes on to discuss the consideration of observers himself towards the end of the article.

I did.I don't know what to make of this theory though I have a belief that you may be able to change your 'reality' by belief and intent.
Many worlds interpretation also looks interesting to me.

10-29-2018 5:22 AM
Macro
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

10-29-2018 6:00 AM

How is "no objective truth" marxist or related to the coopenhagen interpretation of QM?

I'm with Everett's Many World interpretation. Sean Carroll has some excellent explainers on youtube.

What's more likely? Your memory being shit or time travel into the past / dimensions (which most believe to be impossible, unlike travelling into the future which we do all the time).
10-29-2018 6:00 AM
stefdude

Rep Post

10-29-2018 7:58 AM

(10-29-2018 6:00 AM)Macro Wrote:  How is "no objective truth" marxist or related to the coopenhagen interpretation of QM?

I'm with Everett's Many World interpretation. Sean Carroll has some excellent explainers on youtube.

What's more likely? Your memory being shit or time travel into the past / dimensions (which most believe to be impossible, unlike travelling into the future which we do all the time).

I got carried away with quantum physics, I meant to say Frankfurt's School.'Truth is subjective and an agreement between people' notion is being used by marxists to create the victimology and confusion in anti-western heads.That's irrelevant with the matter here.

Your last question is referring to the mandela effect?If yes then why can't many world interpretation with a possibility of interaction between them explain the phenomenon?
Memory is not solid, that's a fact, and some wrong memories aren't random, like christopher reeve(s) confused with keanu reeves.But that doesn't explain every instance of that phenomenon in my opinion.I'm not positive but there might be a quantum phenomenon or something else at play.
The use of quantum computers might also be merging different worlds as a side effect of their use.

10-29-2018 7:58 AM

Macro
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

10-29-2018 8:39 AM

(10-29-2018 7:58 AM)stefdude Wrote:  I got carried away with quantum physics, I meant to say Frankfurt's School.'Truth is subjective and an agreement between people' notion is being used by marxists to create the victimology and confusion in anti-western heads.That's irrelevant with the matter here.

OK. But Marxism and postmodernism have nothing in common. It's like saying because you believe in free markets you must believe in God or something. Two beliefs in very different fields.

(10-29-2018 7:58 AM)stefdude Wrote:  Your last question is referring to the mandela effect?If yes then why can't many world interpretation with a possibility of interaction between them explain the phenomenon?
Memory is not solid, that's a fact, and some wrong memories aren't random, like christopher reeve(s) confused with keanu reeves.But that doesn't explain every instance of that phenomenon in my opinion.I'm not positive but there might be a quantum phenomenon or something else at play.
The use of quantum computers might also be merging different worlds as a side effect of their use.

It maybe possible. But it's possible that unicorns are purposefully fucking with our memories to mess with us. We dont take this view seriously because it lacks evidence. Similarly the idea that our screwed up memories are a result of many worlds is similarly far fetched, and similarly not worth taking seriously until some hard evidence comes our way.

Virtually all many world interpretations believe there is no interaction between this "world" and any others because any such interaction would be observable and therefore scientifically testable.

People like using QM to justify weird beliefs because QM is mysterious and poorly understood by the general public, much like their weird beliefs. I saw an Alien - QM, I believe in the soul - QM, there are dimensions with supernatural beings - QM, these candles make me horny - QM, etc.
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2018 8:52 AM by Macro.)
10-29-2018 8:39 AM
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

10-29-2018 9:26 AM

You're all crazy, there's no such thing as time travel. Sinbad never played in a Genie movie, and quantum computers don't exist.

[Image: shazaam.jpg]

Sympathy for the Devil only results in victimized angels.

Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with a guaranteed 100% fatality rate
10-29-2018 9:26 AM
Macro
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

10-29-2018 10:40 AM

lol wow, there's a snopes article for this Sinbad/Shazam/Mandela affect claim:

10-29-2018 10:40 AM