Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Why are there so many banned members?
WereWolf666
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Why are there so many banned members?
08-13-2017 5:04 AM

(08-12-2017 2:34 PM)ShadowX114 Wrote:  This is the case in every message board. The number of active members are always lower than the total; nothing to do with PT in particular.

Yeah I know I meant that about the comparison of banned members vs active members in the previous post. I'm less likely to get banned if I post once every year for example. So to say there are 4400 active members and only 36 members are banned among them isn't an accurate picture here. In my opinion there aren't more than 100 really active members here. And even if we double that number it's still far from 4400. If there are only 100 active members here, the percentage of banned members go through the roof on the other hand if we compare it to 4400 that's less than 1%.

If we go a little further we could say there are also semi active members, but they are also less likely to get banned as they post less.

A better way to look at it would be to count the number of people with more than an 100 posts or more than 250 post, then count the number of banned people among them. And also count the number of people who doesn't post anymore but were not banned, those may have left because they were in disagreement with how things works around here.
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2017 5:28 AM by WereWolf666.)
08-13-2017 5:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

08-13-2017 7:49 AM

(08-13-2017 5:04 AM)WereWolf666 Wrote:  Yeah I know I meant that about the comparison of banned members vs active members in the previous post. I'm less likely to get banned if I post once every year for example. So to say there are 4400 active members and only 36 members are banned among them isn't an accurate picture here. In my opinion there aren't more than 100 really active members here. And even if we double that number it's still far from 4400. If there are only 100 active members here, the percentage of banned members go through the roof on the other hand if we compare it to 4400 that's less than 1%.

If we go a little further we could say there are also semi active members, but they are also less likely to get banned as they post less.

A better way to look at it would be to count the number of people with more than an 100 posts or more than 250 post, then count the number of banned people among them. And also count the number of people who doesn't post anymore but were not banned, those may have left because they were in disagreement with how things works around here.

Where did I say 4400 active members? I did NOT! I said there are 4400 members REGISTERED!

Next, your rationale about the percentage of banned members is absolute crap! The members that were banned were not all banned at once from a pool of 100 active members, but one at a time over a period of 8 years and at times when other members were active, so when I said there have been 36 members banned out of 4400 that was absolutely accurate.

As far as a members chances of getting banned, the vast majority of those that were banned had recently joined the forum with very few posts and it was obvious early on that they were troublemakers, with few exceptions, and most were warned before being banned but chose to ignore it. So your logic behind the frequency of posting in relation to chances of getting banned is also flawed.

If you were to count the number of members with posts counts above 100 then count the number of those who were banned you would find that number to be 7, and of those 3 were given chance after chance to change their behavior but did not, and 1 of them had racked up more warnings than all of the other members on the forum, combined! 2 were also allowed to come back and had their bans lifted, only to go back to their old ways and find themselves banned again within a short time. If you bump the post count to 250 the number banned shrinks to 3, which include the member with more warnings than everyone else and the 1 of 2 members that had their ban lifted then reinstated.

As to why some members left, sure some may have disagreed with how things work around here, I know for a fact that some left because they got tired of seeing noobs asking questions that had been asked and answered many times before and cluttering up the forum, some left because their situations in life changed and/or they lost interest in pheromones, and at least one left because she passed away.

Sympathy for the Devil only results in victimized angels.

Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with a guaranteed 100% fatality rate
08-13-2017 7:49 AM

BarefootOxford
Serious Poster

Rep Post

08-13-2017 8:50 AM

Werewolf, What's your point, here? I read a lot of suggestive text, but the post doesn't seem to go anywhere.
08-13-2017 8:50 AM
WereWolf666
Serious Poster

Rep Post

08-13-2017 9:36 AM

There is no point just forget it.
08-13-2017 9:36 AM
WereWolf666
Serious Poster

Rep Post

08-13-2017 9:59 AM

(08-13-2017 7:49 AM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  Where did I say 4400 active members? I did NOT! I said there are 4400 members REGISTERED!

Next, your rationale about the percentage of banned members is absolute crap! The members that were banned were not all banned at once from a pool of 100 active members, but one at a time over a period of 8 years and at times when other members were active, so when I said there have been 36 members banned out of 4400 that was absolutely accurate.

As far as a members chances of getting banned, the vast majority of those that were banned had recently joined the forum with very few posts and it was obvious early on that they were troublemakers, with few exceptions, and most were warned before being banned but chose to ignore it. So your logic behind the frequency of posting in relation to chances of getting banned is also flawed.

If you were to count the number of members with posts counts above 100 then count the number of those who were banned you would find that number to be 7, and of those 3 were given chance after chance to change their behavior but did not, and 1 of them had racked up more warnings than all of the other members on the forum, combined! 2 were also allowed to come back and had their bans lifted, only to go back to their old ways and find themselves banned again within a short time. If you bump the post count to 250 the number banned shrinks to 3, which include the member with more warnings than everyone else and the 1 of 2 members that had their ban lifted then reinstated.

As to why some members left, sure some may have disagreed with how things work around here, I know for a fact that some left because they got tired of seeing noobs asking questions that had been asked and answered many times before and cluttering up the forum, some left because their situations in life changed and/or they lost interest in pheromones, and at least one left because she passed away.

Yeah my rational may not be accurate, but yours in the first post you made wasn't perfect either yet I didn't say yours was crap. So at least now your rational makes more sense.

All forums have noobs asking question all the time, all forums have people disagreeing with each other, all forums have people passing away, all forum have people losing interest, but not all forums have a good part of their forum members not being there anymore. I wish some of them would still be there today.
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2017 10:15 AM by WereWolf666.)
08-13-2017 9:59 AM
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

08-13-2017 10:36 AM

(08-13-2017 9:59 AM)WereWolf666 Wrote:  Yeah my rational may not be accurate, but yours in the first post you made wasn't perfect either yet I didn't yours was crap. So at least it now your rational makes more sense.

All forums have noobs asking question all the time, all forums have people disagreeing with each other, all forums have people passing away, all forum have people losing interest, but not all forums have a good part of their forum members not being there anymore.

I called your rationale crap because it appeared to be nothing more than attempt to make the forum and/or me to look bad.

Exactly what in my first post was not accurate?

Pherotalk has over 40,000 registered members but normally has less members logging in than we do in any given 24 hour period. The Love Potion forum has over 1,900 members registered but generally has well under 1% logged in at any given time and only around a dozen or so posts in the last week. Pheromone-Forum has 390 registered members but only gets a couple of posts a week. Gaia Online is probably the largest forum out there with well over 29 million members, but has far less than even 1/10 of 1% currently active. Reddit has millions and millions of members, yet how many of those are currently active?

Attrition happens, and it happens to be extremely high when it comes to online forums! I'd like to see some of the old time members come back too, and this forum was actually started at least partially in the hopes that some of the veteran members from pherotalk who had been leaving in droves would find their way here.

Sympathy for the Devil only results in victimized angels.

Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with a guaranteed 100% fatality rate
08-13-2017 10:36 AM

Fishdude

Rep Post

08-13-2017 7:23 PM

Participate and don't be a jackass.

Too often.

Shadow, good to see you are still ticking.

FD
08-13-2017 7:23 PM
DrChocolate
Learner and observer

Rep Post

08-13-2017 8:00 PM

This is only my say and my say only for this forum. So please take it or leave it.

I've learnt more in the last year thru PT than what I learnt on me own in the last decade of mone usage. Just by searching the forum with the search engine in it. (And this was something I used to do in the library with the index book, but now we have a MASSIVE index called GOOGLE, and these days u don't even have to type it, u simply ask it and it'll search for ya) The amount of people who spent hours on end, have thought me life lessons and mone usage lessons.

Am a lurker on many other forums cos I gather the info from them, and they're all good forums to read and grasp all that info. But to me (and this is to ME) PT is a massive bible available online to learn about mones. Am not saying other forums're useless. Am saying that PT is the one I go for when I have a question. Cos every question I have has been answered by someone in detail to me. And am grateful for every member who spent hours on end to document that.

This whole "only a few members in a forum r the ones who're active" is common to every board. It's the way it is.

I also wish the old veterans would come back and I've noticed some do come back. Among a few I wish will come back is AS3 and DBot. They'll eventually come back. I have hope. We need the patience. Renny is another member I learnt heaps from. EyeofRa is another and he's back. Data4 is another and he's back and am very glad to see them back. TheLaw was another who thought me about the ACE+Core combo. Snoopy teaches me a lot on a daily basis. BDB420 teaches me heaps about many other things outside pheromones. Androcles, Dsouza teaches me more than what I could've learnt by meself. Mark In Dallas thought me how hard it is to keep something going when it's a hurdle after a hurdle on an ongoing basis. And sometimes some of the funny things in life. Spidey, BarefootOxford and TheLaw are the funny members here that make me laugh every once in a while. DarkLord1 thought me heaps about body language. The list goes on. TheManInTheFedora, Ekscentra, Fishdude, Thundr, Bonadzz, Kocik2000, MMM, Raikahoken, Dabu11et, DssMaster, V-Nice, BlackyChan, RussianWolf, excalibur, BarefootOxford and it keeps going on and on. (Sorry if I didn't mention ya in this list) the list of these members just keeps going on and on. It won't stop and I hope it never stops.

We need to find that balance to keep'em all active in a more civilized manner. But when a member purposely disrespects one in some shape or form, there should be a ban on them other wise it keeps getting messy. Mark has also given a second chance to many people. And they misuse it.

What else can he do?
08-13-2017 8:00 PM
DrChocolate
Learner and observer

Rep Post

08-13-2017 8:17 PM

Forgot to mention; Kalpan56, GeorgeFocky, NP17, Pagodeiro, Right Mr, Tezeus. My point is, the list goes on.
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2017 8:17 PM by DrChocolate.)
08-13-2017 8:17 PM
Fishdude

Rep Post

08-13-2017 8:25 PM

I stand and ovate you.

FD
08-13-2017 8:25 PM

Share This Thread