Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which types of pheromones need a cover scent?
Mr. E #2 - Banned
Banned

Sex: Male

Thanks Given: 77
Thanks received:
31 thanks in 11 posts

Which types of pheromones need a cover scent?
02-07-2016 3:47 PM

Currently I'm using Nude and in the sales ad it suggests you can use it without cover scent. There's also not much androstenone in it.

After looking into it, I came to the conclusion that the only type of pheromone needs a cover scent, since that's the one that can smell like urine to some people. Is that correct?

I don't smell mones very well, so I can't tell.

So are androstenone or a product with none in it the only ones that need a cover scent?

Btw, I'm currently looking at Certo and it seems interesting. And it has no none. Since I'm not much of a cologne person, it would be convenient to just spray it on and move on.

Additional question: what do other mones than none actually smell like? I smelled Nude and I thought I caught a scent that was like the smell of hazelnuts. But that might have been my imagination.
02-07-2016 3:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

NP17
Minor deity

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 515
Thanks received:
1009 thanks in 519 posts

RE: Which types of pheromones need a cover scent?
02-07-2016 3:59 PM

More than any other pheromone, Androstenone needs a cover. To some people they can't smell it. To others it smells like vanilla. To me it smells like a kind of sour banana vanilla. To others it has a strong musk/urine smell.

Some people can smell all kinds of mones, but they say that they (not androstenone) have a sort of "musky" scent. They say it smells like a person, or "You just smell like you." As far as I know, only Androstenone will provoke disgust or revulsion, though women might think that you are not a hygienic person.

Mones smell different to different people. Some people don't smell them at all. It's genetic mostly. If you can't smell anything very well, not just mones, you might try zinc supplementation, but that won't necessarily make you more sensitive to pheromones, because that's genetic.

Cover scents have other benefits that synergize with pheromones. They create a smell memory of you that can trigger the effects of the pheromones. Most importantly, designer colognes are formulated to diffuse far and hang in the air, which can make your pheromones more powerful and reach farther. Lots of people disagree about issues like whether it's better to spray the cover first, or over the pheromones, or what kind of cover is best, etc. Almost everyone agrees that covers are better, though.
02-07-2016 3:59 PM
Thanks given by Mr. E #2 - Banned, renny, Deseo
CptLeon
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 28
Thanks received:
50 thanks in 37 posts

02-07-2016 4:02 PM

(02-07-2016 3:47 PM)MikeM Wrote:  Currently I'm using Nude and in the sales ad it suggests you can use it without cover scent. There's also not much androstenone in it.

After looking into it, I came to the conclusion that the only type of pheromone needs a cover scent, since that's the one that can smell like urine to some people. Is that correct?

I don't smell mones very well, so I can't tell.

So are androstenone or a product with none in it the only ones that need a cover scent?

Btw, I'm currently looking at Certo and it seems interesting. And it has no none. Since I'm not much of a cologne person, it would be convenient to just spray it on and move on.

Additional question: what do other mones than none actually smell like? I smelled Nude and I thought I caught a scent that was like the smell of hazelnuts. But that might have been my imagination.

So, what we here at PT (PheroTruth) talk about are pheromones but the thing is that all of them (well, basically all) are synthetic pheromones so most don't have a super strong smell except for a couple. Copulins and -none both have a strong scent or smell that you will need a cover scent for to mask that yeah, piss smell. My father can smell -none really easily and says I need to shower if I don't have a cover so I'd say that yes, covers are required.

I'd also note that in order for the pheromones to reach someones nose, they need to be carried in the air and cover scents provide a mask for the smell but more importantly, help the 'mones get dispersed from the application point to the air around you.

As far as getting pheromones from LAL (Liquid Alchemy Labs), the place you got NA from; I'd say that you should put a cover scent over it IF it's unscented. Regardless though, for all pheromones, in order for them to diffuse from your skin cover scents whether sprayed over the oil such as applying a scent over NA or a scent mixed into a product are essential.

Just my 2 cents Good
02-07-2016 4:02 PM
Thanks given by Mr. E #2 - Banned
NP17
Minor deity

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 515
Thanks received:
1009 thanks in 519 posts

02-07-2016 4:05 PM

Just to clarify, MikeM mentioned Nude not needing a cover scent, but NA is Nude Alpha. I think that probably has some Androstenone in it, but I'm not sure. I'm almost positive my Nude Gay Alpha has None in it.

Also, good call on copulins. Cops definitely need a cover. Different cops are stankier than others, and some are so stanky it's very difficult to cover the smell.
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2016 4:06 PM by NP17.)
02-07-2016 4:05 PM
Mr. E #2 - Banned
Banned

Thanks received:
31 thanks in 11 posts

02-07-2016 4:13 PM

(02-07-2016 4:05 PM)NP17 Wrote:  Just to clarify, MikeM mentioned Nude not needing a cover scent, but NA is Nude Alpha. I think that probably has some Androstenone in it, but I'm not sure. I'm almost positive my Nude Gay Alpha has None in it.

Also, good call on copulins. Cops definitely need a cover. Different cops are stankier than others, and some are so stanky it's very difficult to cover the smell.

Nude Alpha is Nude with Androstenone added to it. Currently I'm using the regular Nude and I heard from Garry that it contains not much none.

Btw, regarding the copulins, they definitely need a cover. I use MAX-T-150 under my nose while I sleep and even though the cover scent is pretty nice and strong, the cops smell comes through it still.
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2016 4:15 PM by Mr. E #2.)
02-07-2016 4:13 PM

andromun
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks received:
933 thanks in 401 posts

02-08-2016 6:07 PM

I say all mones need a cover for the silliage. However, Androstenone really need a cover because about 25% of people smell it as bad b.o. Don't forget cops! Copulins has a terrible funk and you'd be crazy not to use a cover scent.

The Dude abides...
02-08-2016 6:07 PM
Mr. E #2 - Banned
Banned

Thanks received:
31 thanks in 11 posts

02-08-2016 6:25 PM

I just ordered Davidoff Cool Water Night Dive. I had Calvin Klein's IN2U and it sucks.

There's something to the scent. Many times I walk by people wearing some sort of cologne. Men and women. And I think: "That would have spiked up with some mones."

So I'm getting a good cologne. Just never go for CK IN2U. I've asked people 30 minutes after using 8 sprays if they could smell it. To compare: I get many compliments when I simply use Axe Temptation deodorant.

I know deodorant isn't good for mones, so I ditched that one. But if a deo gets better responses than a cologne, that says enough.

Btw, I have a bottle of CK's IN2U for sale. P
02-08-2016 6:25 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Vendor's Cover Scent Comps. Dafixisin 1 412 05-26-2016 2:23 PM
Last Post: Ekscentra
  Cover scent science? Zsqrd 5 807 11-08-2015 9:51 AM
Last Post: Gitmo
  What's the purpose of applying cover scent near application? ShadowX114 6 1,017 05-27-2015 12:22 PM
Last Post: polarvoid
  Anyone use Aqva Marine as a cover scent jjs1234 3 617 04-23-2015 9:33 PM
Last Post: jjs1234
  Mones sillage vs Cover scent sillage... potential problem? tdctdc 5 1,183 09-03-2014 5:19 PM
Last Post: RussianWolf