Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Welcome to the world of fake designer perfumes
Paradox
The Living Legend

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Welcome to the world of fake designer perfumes
05-02-2017 5:36 PM

Welcome to the wonderful, wacky world of "fake" designer perfumes and fragrances!!! You might ask why would I welcome you to such a topic....well the answer is very easy....many eBay sellers knowingly or unknowingly are selling "fake" designer fragrances and uneducated, unsuspecting buyers are buying them thinking what a great deal they have gotten on their favorite, expensive designer fragrance like Chanel, Dior or Givenchy. Well, I can assure you what you are buying is in fact a fake, knock-off, counterfeit of the REAL perfume or fragrance and I am going to outline here in this guide how you can educate yourself and stop these sellers from continuing this unethical practice!!!

Have you ever purchased a bottle of perfume from an eBay seller and once you received it and sprayed it on yourself a few times and soon wondered why that fragrance that normally lasted hours and hours on your skin is now only lasting maybe 30 minutes to one hour? Do you find yourself applying it extra heavily and wondering why the atomizer does not spray properly or why the color of the perfume looks slightly different than what you remembered when you bought that expensive bottle in your local department store??? Well this very same thing happened to me several months ago. At the time, I was not a regular eBay seller of designer perfumes and fragrances but I have recently added 100% real and authentic perfumes to my eBay store. The perfume I purchased on eBay was CHANEL Chance 3.4 fl oz/100 ml Eau de Toilette and it came in a slightly squashed box that looked a bit odd to me at the time. Not really knowing anything about fake perfumes, I happily opened the box, removed my perfume, smelled it and sprayed it on myself and I went on my merry way. I even posted positive feedback for the seller as I was very happy with this GREAT DEAL I thought I have gotten on eBay.

Shortly thereafter, I began to sell authentic perfumes and fragrances on eBay and I noticed when I got other bottles of Chanel Chance, my own bottle seemed different than the ones I purchased from a reliable perfume supplier. First of all, the fragrance did not last more than an hour on my skin. Anyone who wears Chanel perfumes knows that they are a strong, lasting fragrance that needs very little spraying on your skin. Second, I noticed a big difference in the actual scent of the Chanel. It was weaker and smelled more like alcohol. The perfume atomizer (sprayer) never worked properly on this fake bottle and I fought with in constantly...it dribbled more than sprayed! Once I realized this bottle I purchased on eBay was a fake Chanel perfume, I actually compared it side by side with a REAL bottle purchased from a department store. This is by the far the best test of all to determine if your perfume is REAL or FAKE. Take a look at the small details....the writing of the name of the perfume on bottle...is it the same color? Is it the same size and style of font? Take a look at the cap or cover on the bottle and pay special attention to the inside of the cap? Check the labeling on the bottom of the bottle? Is it different on each of the bottles? Check the box and cellophane wrapping? Even these things are not copied very well by counterfeit perfume makers. These are the clues that are dead giveaways if the perfume is real or fake because the counterfeiters only concern themselves with the big, more noticeable features and fail to exactly copy the smaller, lesser details on the bottle, scent and packaging.

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."--- Vince Lombardi
05-02-2017 5:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
metaltree

Rep Post

RE: Welcome to the world of fake designer perfumes
05-02-2017 11:52 PM

I've been worried about this.

I think the problem is on Amazon too because there are many different sellers who sell their stuff through Amazon's website. Some reviewers report that they have gotten fake bottles.

Whenever I order from Amazon, to reduce the risk, I always make sure it says, "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com". That way I won't be taking a chance with a 3rd party seller.
05-02-2017 11:52 PM
jb20

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

05-03-2017 1:30 AM

Buying perfume and beauty products from amazon and ebay is like playing Russian roulette.That's why I never buy from them.Lone ranger
05-03-2017 1:30 AM
Spider-mone

Rep Post

05-03-2017 8:37 AM

(05-03-2017 1:30 AM)jb20 Wrote:  Buying perfume and beauty products from amazon and ebay is like playing Russian roulette.That's why I never buy from them.Lone ranger

exactly. stick to reputable sites like fragrancenet.com or fragrancex.net. I've ordered many times and have yet to receive a fake.

Correct a fool and he will hate you; correct a wise man and he will appreciate you
05-03-2017 8:37 AM

Paradox
The Living Legend

Rep Post

05-03-2017 11:30 AM

(05-03-2017 1:30 AM)jb20 Wrote:  Buying perfume and beauty products from amazon and ebay is like playing Russian roulette.That's why I never buy from them.Lone ranger

Yeah, you never know what you are getting when you buy a fragrance from an unknown source.

Even some websites may not be purchasing their inventory from a reliable perfume supplier.

Same goes for designer items (clothes, wallets, watches). Counterfeiters have become more sophisticated when making fake luxury handbags. Even with a 13 point inspection system used by BellaBags some items have to be simply stamped as "cannot confirm authenticity" and passed up. (

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."--- Vince Lombardi
05-03-2017 11:30 AM
metaltree

Rep Post

07-13-2017 4:11 PM

I have been using Burberry Beat for a long time and women loved it. I bought a bottle on Amazon earlier this year that says it ships and sold by Amazon. Something was off because it didn't seem to last as long as it used to. I have a little left in the original bottle and they smell the same to me.

A female friend was over yesterday so I asked her to do me a favor and let me know they smelled the same. So she smelled the scent from the original bottle and then she smelled the scent from the Amazon bottle. She told me that the one from the original bottle smelled very clean and nice. The scent from the Amazon bottle smelled like sweat from a taxi driver in a 3rd world country. (Her exact words not mine).

I couldn't believe that she could smell such a drastic difference between the two bottles since they both smelled the same to me.

I will never order Cologne online again. I will go to the official store of the cologne vendor and buy right from them at full price with no middle man. If the cologne vendor does not have an official store then I will not consider it.
07-13-2017 4:11 PM
austinitecute
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

07-13-2017 4:40 PM

(05-03-2017 8:37 AM)Spider-mone Wrote:  exactly. stick to reputable sites like fragrancenet.com or fragrancex.net. I've ordered many times and have yet to receive a fake.

I recently ordered some perfumes such as Aventus and terre de hermes from fargrancenet.com. After putting in the order, I decided to do some research and found out that this seller has complains filed against them all over the place.
My order hasn't arrived yet but I plan on taking those to a reputable place like nordstorms etc and compare them with the originals.
But your post has instilled some cofidence in me.
07-13-2017 4:40 PM
Ekscentra

Rep Post

07-13-2017 5:00 PM

(07-13-2017 4:11 PM)metaltree Wrote:  I have been using Burberry Beat for a long time and women loved it. I bought a bottle on Amazon earlier this year that says it ships and sold by Amazon. Something was off because it didn't seem to last as long as it used to. I have a little left in the original bottle and they smell the same to me.

A female friend was over yesterday so I asked her to do me a favor and let me know they smelled the same. So she smelled the scent from the original bottle and then she smelled the scent from the Amazon bottle. She told me that the one from the original bottle smelled very clean and nice. The scent from the Amazon bottle smelled like sweat from a taxi driver in a 3rd world country. (Her exact words not mine).

I couldn't believe that she could smell such a drastic difference between the two bottles since they both smelled the same to me.

I will never order Cologne online again. I will go to the official store of the cologne vendor and buy right from them at full price with no middle man. If the cologne vendor does not have an official store then I will not consider it.

Try testing it in stores as well to be sure this isn't a reformulation. Most fragrances on the market have been reformulated at some point unless they've been released within the last 2-3 years.
07-13-2017 5:00 PM

metaltree

Rep Post

07-13-2017 5:20 PM

There is a Sephora store near me. Are they legit or is there a chance they carry fakes? They list 324 different men's fragrances on their website.
07-13-2017 5:20 PM
Ekscentra

Rep Post

07-13-2017 5:22 PM

(07-13-2017 4:40 PM)austinitecute Wrote:  I recently ordered some perfumes such as Aventus and terre de hermes from fargrancenet.com. After putting in the order, I decided to do some research and found out that this seller has complains filed against them all over the place.
My order hasn't arrived yet but I plan on taking those to a reputable place like nordstorms etc and compare them with the originals.
But your post has instilled some cofidence in me.

FragranceNet is one of the most reputable grey market sellers in the business. I've never had trouble with them, nor heard of anyone capable of proving that they've sold a fake. This is suspicious since it's exceptionally easy to do so when determining fakes on eBay, for example. Most consumers aren't aware that fragrances are reformulated all the time, and so naturally they assume that bottles purchased later must be fake, since they don't match up with previous impressions of the same scent.

The above goes for Beauty Encounter, FragranceX, Notino, Perfumania, and others. None of the accusations I've seen against these sites ever held up to scrutiny. In contrast, known fakes pop up on eBay on a daily basis. If grey market sellers really have been selling fakes, why has nobody coming forward with these accusations ever been able to provide the slightest bit of evidence when asked to do so? Differences in performance or smell alone obviously aren't sufficient in most cases, nor are differences in pricing. Typically, fakes are determined by comparing bottles to look for defects, along with noting differences in smell. If no known reformulations have occurred, then differences in smell alone may be sufficient to prove that a scent is fake. There have been cases where the real juice is replaced with a knockoff, or even colored water all while using the same bottles.
07-13-2017 5:22 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Compliments, niche or designer? sunny10 3 2,354 06-24-2013 8:43 AM
Last Post: sunny10