Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Compliments, niche or designer?
sunny10
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 48
Thanks received:
142 thanks in 72 posts

Compliments, niche or designer?
06-20-2013 1:43 PM

Question for you all, in your experiences which types of scents get you the most compliments niche house or mainstream designer houses/factories?

The most positive reactions I've had are from TL AXE smelling types. If you want to get a lot of compliments stick with the mainstream scents.
Not to sound like a snob, the only people that notice my niche scents are the well off cougar types. So like mones it's about congruance, match the scent to the environment.

I get the feeling most people prefer the ADGs clean, simple, aqua, generic scents, I guess thats why niche is niche.
So if you want to get compliments with your mones stick with the mainstream and save your money avoid niche(only for those special times)?

Anyone else have the same type of experience?
06-20-2013 1:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

SS108
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 245
Thanks received:
136 thanks in 91 posts

RE: Compliments, niche or designer?
06-23-2013 1:37 PM

(06-20-2013 1:43 PM)sunny10 Wrote:  Question for you all, in your experiences which types of scents get you the most compliments niche house or mainstream designer houses/factories?

The most positive reactions I've had are from TL AXE smelling types. If you want to get a lot of compliments stick with the mainstream scents.
Not to sound like a snob, the only people that notice my niche scents are the well off cougar types. So like mones it's about congruance, match the scent to the environment.

I get the feeling most people prefer the ADGs clean, simple, aqua, generic scents, I guess thats why niche is niche.
So if you want to get compliments with your mones stick with the mainstream and save your money avoid niche(only for those special times)?

Anyone else have the same type of experience?

I think you are mostly right. As far as mainstream,
Issey Miyake has gotten me the most compliments by
a mile. Acqua di Gio, Armani Code and One Million
are popular for a reason too- though I hate One
Million. D&G The One is pretty nice so is YSL Nuit.

My sexiest cologne though is Musc Ravageur- its
well worth the price, and its insane for night time wear
and goes well with none based mones.

Some of the Creeds are very, very good, check out
Aventus and Silver Mountain Water. People seem to
love Green Irish Tweed, its just ok for me.

The mainstream stuff I mentioned is miles
ahead of Axe. But hey, if it works for you
then who am I to disagree?!
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2013 1:45 PM by SS108.)
06-23-2013 1:37 PM
Thanks given by sunny10
LL21
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 893
Thanks received:
1093 thanks in 450 posts

06-23-2013 4:13 PM

I think your spot on with this one. Younger girls stick to very basic and really well known stuff, Most girls I know perfume collection comes from Victoria's Secret and Bed Bath and Beyond. They like things that smell "manly" and they can't really describe that either

Anything else is pearls before swine because they don't understand value of those non generic scents.

Fear is the greatest obstacle to learning but fear is your best friend. Fear is like fire, if you learn to control it, you let it work for you: it can warm you in the winter, give you light when you are in the dark, and produce energy. If you don’t control it, it’ll destroy you and everything around you.You must understand Fear so you can manipulate it, because if you don’t you won’t be able to achieve your objective or save your life. - Cus D'Amato (The trainer that made Mike Tyson a Champion)
06-23-2013 4:13 PM
Thanks given by sunny10
sunny10
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 48
Thanks received:
142 thanks in 72 posts

06-24-2013 7:43 AM

I like the love magic stuff, but nobody appreciates it, unfortunately there are not enough halos to enjoy the scents where I'm based. I once wore prazzade and one lady said I stink of parsley
06-24-2013 7:43 AM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Welcome to the world of fake designer perfumes Paradox 13 684 07-13-2017 8:18 PM
Last Post: Ekscentra