Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Was this Aqua Vitae?
Data4
Away
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks received:
25 thanks in 17 posts

Was this Aqua Vitae?
03-14-2010 6:04 AM

I didn't want to co-opt Snoopyace's thread with my own review(s), so I figured I'd start a new one.

I had an interesting experience Friday, and I'm still trying to sort out if it was Aqua Vitae or other factors. First, the obligatory app details: 2 inches to each wrist, 2 inches under each ear. Lengths are approximate. Covered with Green Irish Tweed.

So I work for a large aircraft manufacturer in Washington state as those of you who know me may be aware. I started there working in one location, then in the summer of '08, I was transferred to another. As of Friday, I've returned to the original place, and I wanted to herald my return with some bold pheromonal strokes. I decided that Aqua Vitae would do the trick.

People were generally pleasant with me, and most of the first part of the day was spent catching up with former coworkers and meeting a few of the new faces. About 3 hours into the shift, I was given an assignment, and so set about working on it. I was working alongside an old friend of mine and we were just bantering back and forth and having a good ol' time about it. Some guy walks up, who's obviously not a manager (distinct lack of generic khaki pants and button-up shirt being the tell-tale sign), and he started fiddling around with my job materials. I stopped talking, looked at the guy sideways and said "Who the hell are you?"

He just looked at me surprised and said "Nobody important" and walked away with his tail between his legs. My friend busted out laughing and said "Holy shit, man, I can't believe you did that!"

Now, this may not seem like a big deal, but most of the time, I'm non-confrontational. Usually, my reaction would be to look at the guy but not say anything out of a fear of causing some kind of scene. In the past, I've wanted to improve my assertiveness and try not to be a doormat for people, but this is the first time I can think of that I established my territory as definitively as that. I wasn't rude, beyond using "hell", rather I was matter-of-fact and controlled in my tone, with just a bit of authority to it.

Later, I found out the guy was a machinist who occasionally did work in our area to fill in lag times in his machine shop. I was afraid I'd made an enemy, but people who knew him assured me that by doing that, I established an understanding and a level of respect.

My reaction? I grinned and said "Cool!" It was kinda like that feeling of liberation Ed Norton's character got in Fight Club after beating the snot out of someone for the first time. Big Grin
03-14-2010 6:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by Pheroman

Hyper
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 7
Thanks received:
11 thanks in 7 posts

RE: Was this Aqua Vitae?
03-14-2010 8:08 AM

I don't think that this had anything to do with Aqua Vitae. You said you wanted to improve your assertiveness. As you switched back too your old place you just took successful the first chance to proof that you can do this =)

What i have:
# A314, TUTH, IG, Spaceland, P74, P75, P83, P86 (100mcg), P96 (100mcg), P126, P130, TAC, TAH, TAL, MX297, MX301, MX353, Project UF Pack
# A1, EST (250milligram Mrgreen), Meo-Est, A-Nol, B-Nol, Androstenone, NPA, Xcite Wipes, SOE, SOEw
# Alfa Maschio, Certo, Wolf, Nude, Aqua Vitae, Possess Alpha
My Wishlist:
# MX101
03-14-2010 8:08 AM
Snoopyace
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 160
Thanks received:
82 thanks in 60 posts

03-14-2010 9:15 AM

The Aqua Vitae could have had a hand in your feeling more impulsive and saying that to him. It is supposed to be mostly androstenone so that could have helped both your reaction and the other guys. I see things like that when I wear Aqua Vitae.

The key is that you acted on what you felt. Establishing yourself as the alpha male there, eh? Mrgreen

Do our experiences determine our beliefs or do our beliefs determine our experiences?
03-14-2010 9:15 AM
FUNNER
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks received:
4 thanks in 4 posts

08-26-2010 6:47 PM

(03-14-2010 6:04 AM)Data4 Wrote:  I didn't want to co-opt Snoopyace's thread with my own review(s), so I figured I'd start a new one.

I had an interesting experience Friday, and I'm still trying to sort out if it was Aqua Vitae or other factors. First, the obligatory app details: 2 inches to each wrist, 2 inches under each ear. Lengths are approximate. Covered with Green Irish Tweed.

So I work for a large aircraft manufacturer in Washington state as those of you who know me may be aware. I started there working in one location, then in the summer of '08, I was transferred to another. As of Friday, I've returned to the original place, and I wanted to herald my return with some bold pheromonal strokes. I decided that Aqua Vitae would do the trick.

People were generally pleasant with me, and most of the first part of the day was spent catching up with former coworkers and meeting a few of the new faces. About 3 hours into the shift, I was given an assignment, and so set about working on it. I was working alongside an old friend of mine and we were just bantering back and forth and having a good ol' time about it. Some guy walks up, who's obviously not a manager (distinct lack of generic khaki pants and button-up shirt being the tell-tale sign), and he started fiddling around with my job materials. I stopped talking, looked at the guy sideways and said "Who the hell are you?"

He just looked at me surprised and said "Nobody important" and walked away with his tail between his legs. My friend busted out laughing and said "Holy shit, man, I can't believe you did that!"

Now, this may not seem like a big deal, but most of the time, I'm non-confrontational. Usually, my reaction would be to look at the guy but not say anything out of a fear of causing some kind of scene. In the past, I've wanted to improve my assertiveness and try not to be a doormat for people, but this is the first time I can think of that I established my territory as definitively as that. I wasn't rude, beyond using "hell", rather I was matter-of-fact and controlled in my tone, with just a bit of authority to it.

Later, I found out the guy was a machinist who occasionally did work in our area to fill in lag times in his machine shop. I was afraid I'd made an enemy, but people who knew him assured me that by doing that, I established an understanding and a level of respect.

My reaction? I grinned and said "Cool!" It was kinda like that feeling of liberation Ed Norton's character got in Fight Club after beating the snot out of someone for the first time. Big Grin

From my exp. with the AV, it was from that. no question about it.
Definitely a "bulletproof" vibe and I wear half of what you listed.
08-26-2010 6:47 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Aqua Vitae Snoopyace 204 16,272 04-29-2011 9:18 AM
Last Post: Fly So Hi