Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The new Leather and Steel scent
Riverwind
Ghost in the Crowds

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 55
Thanks received:
122 thanks in 41 posts

The new Leather and Steel scent
09-09-2012 6:15 PM

Hey everyone!

A little over two weeks ago I got my bottle of L2K - two days before going on holiday. I was really happy about it because I desperately wanted to try out Chris's new puppy in a relaxed setting. So I didn't touch the bottle until I was gone.

Very much to my disappointment, I didn't get much testing of L2K done. I only tried it two or three times. Somehow, I just can't stand the smell. This is not a bad perfume (please don't be insulted, Chris), but to me it is overpoweringly sweet. (Too) Sweet smells make me nauseous. I could puke if I get into a car where someone though a vanilla air "freshener" was a good idea. Leather and Steel isn't that bad but after a short time, the musk is omnipresent and overpowers just about everthing else. If it's warm, the scent feels "sticky" and heavy.

I can take a sweet note if there are other notes that change the character. The Black Spice has a sweet part to it but it is also fresh and fruity - I really like it. A few woods and/or spices that make a scent sweet and warm are ok too.

Basicly, Leather and Steel doesn't hit the spot with me. Others will probably love it but I have a very accute nose and am really nutty about smells. I have another order coming in from Chris (I am actually giving away Glace as a present) and I hope I get the two samples I asked for so I know all the scents that Alpha-Dream has to offer. I'll let you know what I think about them.

Chris
Riverwind's Storybook
09-09-2012 6:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by Six, TwistedOstrich, shadowknight
TwistedOstrich
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 78
Thanks received:
225 thanks in 81 posts

RE: The new Leather and Steel scent
09-10-2012 3:54 AM

Appreciate this! The more you can speak to the different scents the better. If leather and steel is sweet and black spice fruity would you then say they are more of a summer scent? Whats your take on daytime use vs nighttime use.
09-10-2012 3:54 AM
bored4life
Serious Poster

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1007
Thanks received:
824 thanks in 339 posts

09-10-2012 8:10 AM

(09-10-2012 3:54 AM)TwistedOstrich Wrote:  Appreciate this! The more you can speak to the different scents the better. If leather and steel is sweet and black spice fruity would you then say they are more of a summer scent? Whats your take on daytime use vs nighttime use.

Different noses, different gathering, differing receptors. I had a completely different scent pattern to both of the scents. River, this isn't to debunk your thread or to show you up, just showing you a different side of things. A different perspective.

Leather and Steel

Something about this scent just brings me close to it, I'm a fan of this scent, and when girls can smell it, they seem to enjoy it. From my journal: It's a little sweet, but has a hint of spiciness in it for me. Smells amazing. I think I can get hints of leather in it, but not overpoweringly so. A soft baby powder like smell stays close to the skin after a while, but the scent on this one lasted a good 4-5 hours on me, to say the least. Afterwards the baby powder scent was present, and by hour 6, I could easily smell the mones on me. Compared to most colognes, its about average longevity. I'm not quite sure about projection, as no one I was with really jumped in to tell me they liked what I was wearing, but while I was in the car, a good 3.5 sprays of L2K kept me smelling myself. I thought that because of this, sillage was high. To be honest, it got a little overpowering at 3.5 sprays, in a closed car, but not in a bad way. The spiciness kind of "cuts" through the air so to speak, exactly like a steel blade, so I can kind of see where this scent got its name. A prior application of this, I asked my female friend what she thought, and she liked the scent, kept asking me what it was. So it's definitely good, may not project as far as I think. Sweet, fresh, hint of spice that cuts through the air, definitely noticable and different. Gives way to a baby powder scent after a little while that hugs the skin. Good for daytime, better for evening and night. Could see this worn in the fall and winter, although it does remind me of a nice night out in the summer.

Black Spice

This is a more "manly smell". The spices are very controlled, and almost rightfully and pleasantly so. I have this with the AM, and I must say that this is quite an addicting scent. Recently I wore it, and kind of had to keep wearing it for like 2-3 days, just because (partially) I kind of NEEDED to smell it. Black spice, how to describe it.. hmm.. don't think its fruit for me, its more peppery, definitely warming. It's sweet as well, but not sweet like leather and steel. The spice in it is more balanced, and kind of just lingers, attracting attention. I haven't received compliments, or notice on this scent, but then again that's not what I was looking for. Definitely woody, and warm, better suited for fall/winter, but it's perfect for summer evening and night wear too. This scent kind of brings "sophistication" to the table. Sophisticated and classy.

The Journal

Arsenal:
Alpha Dream: Alfa Maschio, Glace, FB Glace Silicone, Androstadienone, LIIK v1, LIIK v2, Corporativo
Liquid Alchemy Labs: Wolf, Nude Alpha, Acqua Vitae
Love Scent: New Pheromone Additive
PheromoneXS: AscendXS, CohesionXS, EvolveXS

Samples:
Alpha Dream: FB Glace Alcohol
Liquid Alchemy Labs: Nude, Primitive, Hypnotica Social, Possess
PheromoneXS: BlissXS
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2012 1:05 PM by bored4life.)
09-10-2012 8:10 AM
Thanks given by CanadianGuy45, shadowknight, TwistedOstrich, paradigmshift, seeusmile
Riverwind
Ghost in the Crowds

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 55
Thanks received:
122 thanks in 41 posts

09-18-2012 1:26 PM

(09-10-2012 8:10 AM)bored4life Wrote:  Different noses, different gathering, differing receptors. I had a completely different scent pattern to both of the scents. River, this isn't to debunk your thread or to show you up, just showing you a different side of things. A different perspective.

I don't feel in the least bit debunked, dissed or anything! Scents are very subjecttiv. Tastes change with age and there is probably even a significant regional difference for some reason or another. Adding to that is the fact that a scent smells and seems different on different people.

I seem to have a very unique nose - possibly because of my bad eyes. I can come into a room and at once identify the perfume a person in that room is wearing. I kinda freaked out one of the two women in a local copy shop when I came in and said something like "Oh, Sun and Cashmere! What an interesting combination." Sometimes it's better to keep that big mouth shut. Dash1 I often told my mother to watch her roast when she was cooking on the ground floor and I just came out of the shower on the 1st floor.

Scents are not just collections of single smells, although I can often tell the contents. They are complete constructions to me and I tend to take those few steps back to see the whole picture. While I know the scructure is made of bricks and wood, it's far more important to me how they work and look together. To me it not only makes a difference how many bricks were used but also how they are stuck together. A pile is different than a wall. Not sure if this makes sense when I am talking about a smell. It's just that language doesn't give me much to work with. Blush

It's a matter of taste in any case, not matter how you percieve a scent. I have never liked really sweet perfumes and I don't really like musk unless it is really well buffered.

Maybe we can agree that Leather and Steel is sweet at it's core while Black Spice is more balanced and far more classic.

BTW. Can you say anything about the other scents from Alpha Dream?

Chris
Riverwind's Storybook
09-18-2012 1:26 PM
TwistedOstrich
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 78
Thanks received:
225 thanks in 81 posts

09-18-2012 7:26 PM

The one thing I want to test the most between the two scents is there effectiveness. I personally can't smell the scents so its my only real objective way of judging.

Now I don't have any black spice to try just yet but I have been with 3 women using the leather and steel and each just love sniffing me.

I think it defiantly comes down to a time and place sort of situation coupled with personal preferences. I could imagine too an ex gf of mine would just molest me with something like this on. She would love sweet or exotic smells. But then I could see something 'classy' would have its purposes...
09-18-2012 7:26 PM
bored4life
Serious Poster

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1007
Thanks received:
824 thanks in 339 posts

09-20-2012 12:02 AM

(09-18-2012 1:26 PM)Riverwind Wrote:  BTW. Can you say anything about the other scents from Alpha Dream?

Unfortunately I can't say much at all because those are the only two scent packages I have from them. Everything else from them is unscented.

The Journal

Arsenal:
Alpha Dream: Alfa Maschio, Glace, FB Glace Silicone, Androstadienone, LIIK v1, LIIK v2, Corporativo
Liquid Alchemy Labs: Wolf, Nude Alpha, Acqua Vitae
Love Scent: New Pheromone Additive
PheromoneXS: AscendXS, CohesionXS, EvolveXS

Samples:
Alpha Dream: FB Glace Alcohol
Liquid Alchemy Labs: Nude, Primitive, Hypnotica Social, Possess
PheromoneXS: BlissXS
09-20-2012 12:02 AM
FrankJaeger
Checking out the place

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks received:
23 thanks in 5 posts

10-08-2012 4:34 PM

(09-20-2012 12:02 AM)bored4life Wrote:  Unfortunately I can't say much at all because those are the only two scent packages I have from them. Everything else from them is unscented.

I want to order some Corpo but I am not sure about the scents and which one I would like the best.

I got some LIIK in Citrus Sun and I don't care for the scent too much. It's OK but I would like to find something that smells like Pherlure and has more than just DHEA in it. Anyone know of a good cologne, with or without Pheromones, that smells like Pherlure?

Does Chris send out samples of the different products and scents?
10-08-2012 4:34 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My Alpha Maschio - leather scent review thebigQ 1 615 08-07-2012 9:29 AM
Last Post: thebigQ
  Leather & Steel robbierobv 11 1,134 06-15-2012 3:33 PM
Last Post: DGamer