Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 4.43 Average
The Poor Man's James Bond: How To Make Pheromone Sprays From Household Ingredients
dbot
Street Psychologist

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1955
Thanks received:
2044 thanks in 814 posts

The Poor Man's James Bond: How To Make Pheromone Sprays From Household Ingredients
05-11-2011 7:42 PM

I thought I'd put together this guide on exactly how to convert hormone supplement capsules into concentrates and sprays so that you can test out these remarkably inexpensive putatives on your own to see if they exhibit pheromone-like properties. Pioneer

The ones I've tried already and know for sure can be used as pheromones are:
  • (Vitamin D3)

I also have my suspicions about:
  • (also called )
  • (Vitamin D2)

What you get when you order most of these are capsules containing a powder. This powder is not the kind of pure, lab-quality stuff you'll get when you order pheromone ingredients from Alpha Dream. It's been mixed with various inactive substances which aid the manufacturing process by making it easier for machines to pour measured amounts of the powder into capsules (such as rice flour). And while we hope the dosage on the label is exact, chances are there is some variability. These are products sold at the milligram level for consumer use as oral supplements, and we're converting them into sprays to be used at the microgram level. So you can't expect the kind of consistency that you can with stuff from specialty labs, but you can expect a lifetime supply of something usable for like $10. Bomb

What You'll Need

You'll need a little bit of lab equipment and some basic supplies to do this well. Most of the equipment can be gotten at the Container Store for a few bucks.

So as to only have to update this info in one location, I've moved the full instructions to:
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2011 12:50 PM by dbot.)
05-11-2011 7:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by Pagodeiro, JAYCEE, mark-in-dallas, fuzzcat, Pheroman, JohnnyHard, Rattlesnake, Fly So Hi, XPX, idontknow, paradigmshift, Gslinger, SeriousSmile, mika3549, solidprice, CaveCritter, shauna, DWR, Pheromone, Asian_guy_in_Taiwan, heey85, Muad'Dib

JAYCEE
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 252
Thanks received:
415 thanks in 207 posts

RE: The Poor Man's James Bond: How To Make Phero Sprays From Household Ingredients
05-11-2011 8:14 PM

Reps! Great instructions!

I put a DHEA pill in 5mL of Everclear yesterday. It took about a day for the pill to fully break down. I'll give it a few more days before I try to filter it. This will be 5mg/mL concentration, so it is a concentrate.

I also put a 200mg capsule of DHA in 30mL of Everclear. I have no idea what to expect from this one.

I was thinking about doing up a batch of cholesterol, but the powder from Sigma-Aldrich is $60 or so. I'm going to holdoff on that one for now.
05-11-2011 8:14 PM
dbot
Street Psychologist

Rep Post

Thanks received:
2044 thanks in 814 posts

RE: The Poor Man's James Bond: How To Make Phero Sprays From Household Ingredients
05-11-2011 8:43 PM

I've also been thinking about cholesterol as a putative! Once the more readily available molecules get run through that'll probably be pretty high on my list, actually.

Quote:I put a DHEA pill in 5mL of Everclear yesterday. It took about a day for the pill to fully break down. I'll give it a few more days before I try to filter it. This will be 5mg/mL concentration, so it is a concentrate.

You're emptying the contents of the capsule into the alcohol, right?
05-11-2011 8:43 PM
dbot
Street Psychologist

Rep Post

Thanks received:
2044 thanks in 814 posts

05-11-2011 8:47 PM

I updated the initial list of suspects to include all 4 of the amino acids that act as neurotransmitters: Glycine, GABA, Glutamic Acid, and Aspartic Acid.
05-11-2011 8:47 PM
JAYCEE
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks received:
415 thanks in 207 posts

05-12-2011 4:45 PM

The DHEA was a tablet, so I just dropped it in. The DHA is softcap--which is liquid on the inside--so I cut it open and put it in another bottle. The liquid got all over my fingers so it will be a little hard to dose.

I bought the pills at walmart, so it will be a fun little experiment.

(05-11-2011 8:43 PM)dbot Wrote:  I've also been thinking about cholesterol as a putative! Once the more readily available molecules get run through that'll probably be pretty high on my list, actually.

05-12-2011 4:45 PM

JAYCEE
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks received:
415 thanks in 207 posts

05-12-2011 4:48 PM

We should split a batch of cholesterol powder and see if our slightly different processes make a difference in the final product. (If it's even a pheromone/chemosignal or whatever.)

I really really really want to try cholesterol!

(05-11-2011 8:43 PM)dbot Wrote:  I've also been thinking about cholesterol as a putative! Once the more readily available molecules get run through that'll probably be pretty high on my list, actually.

05-12-2011 4:48 PM
dbot
Street Psychologist

Rep Post

Thanks received:
2044 thanks in 814 posts

05-12-2011 6:40 PM

Cholesterol makes sense as a pheromone -- it's the mother of all hormones. I'm not aware of any hormonal or steroidal properties of DHA, but it looks like the molecule is light enough that it could fly. Will be interesting to see if you find any effects.

I never thought of trying to dissolve a tablet; lots more binders in there than in a capsule, but if it dissolved in the alcohol then I think your concentrate should probably work out about the same.

I'll definitely be willing to split a batch of cholesterol sometime in the near future. I'm swimming in things to test right now though, so I want to get caught up before I bring in any more inventory Big Grin
05-12-2011 6:40 PM
dbot
Street Psychologist

Rep Post

Thanks received:
2044 thanks in 814 posts

05-23-2011 2:22 PM

I updated the list of suspects to include Phenylethylamine. As I have noted elsewhere:

It's a very simple, lightweight molecule (121g/mol), appears to be excreted in both sweat and urine.

[Image: 220px-Fenyloetyloamina.svg.png]

Very likely to have pheromone activity! $20 on Amazon!
05-23-2011 2:22 PM
Thanks given by JohnnyHard
dbot
Street Psychologist

Rep Post

Thanks received:
2044 thanks in 814 posts

05-23-2011 2:32 PM

ZOMG! Found another one: Dimethylamine. This is known to be used as a pheromone by cockroaches, and is excreted in human urine. Molar mass is just 45 g/mol.

[Image: 160px-Dimethylamine-2D.png]

$20 on Amazon! Zing!

----

EDIT: Correction, the product I found on amazon is Dimethylamylamine (DMAA), also known as .

Used as an inhalable nasal decongestant and as a workout stimulant, this molecule weighs in at 115g/mol, and I'd say it's still pretty likely to have pheromone properties.

[Image: 220px-Geranamine.svg.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2011 2:38 PM by dbot.)
05-23-2011 2:32 PM
Thanks given by JohnnyHard

dbot
Street Psychologist

Rep Post

Thanks received:
2044 thanks in 814 posts

05-23-2011 4:00 PM

DHEA has now been upgraded to the known pheromones list based on previous reports and on my own experiences wearing it today! Is this TAA?
05-23-2011 4:00 PM

Share This Thread