Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
The Open-Source Pheromone Project
Paradox
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 114
Thanks received:
828 thanks in 292 posts

RE: The Open-Source Pheromone Project
Yesterday 9:37 AM

(Yesterday 8:34 AM)phertest Wrote:  I still test single pheromones (my own here) from time to time, but its a shame that Chris from AD decided to stop selling singles, he had some of the most unique molecules and brought us several gems that are used in mainstream products today.

Chris was the best at this type of testing but IMHO he has grown weary of the pheromone community. He has though paved the way for those less talented than him.

(Yesterday 8:34 AM)phertest Wrote:  It would definitely be great to see an open source community develop, but there will always be people who will steal formulas and then go on to develop commercial products out of them, and then cause all sorts of drama which causes community break downs which is what happened in the past. I'll definitely be paying attention though.

Too true. People want the fast easy money and ethics seem to have no place in business.

How many inventions and ideas have been stolen throughout history?

Information sharing is the is the foundation of the Internet. One of the first uses of the internet was data sharing by Universities and scientists around the world.

If all of the scientists around the world pooled their efforts Cancer and AIDS would be cured this year. But then money and fame get involved. People want credit for the cure, they want to make money from their research, they want the Nobel Prize (which will certainly go to the person who discovers the cure for cancer) and many want the fame.

With that said, there are currently many successful open source projects (Mozilla Firefox comes to mind) that benefit from community power.
Yesterday 9:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by LoveInSpain, phertest

Phyros
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 7
Thanks received:
30 thanks in 22 posts

Yesterday 9:59 AM

Well I'd have to say proprietary molecules are the biggest unknown here. I was kind of running on the assumption that most molecules were known to the community, is that not true?

My Journal

Have:
L2Kv1, XiSt, GoA, NNPA, Full Androtics Sampler, TAC, Evolve, Taboo, Love Boat, Flirt, Ascend, Approach Confidence, Odyssey

Under (strong*) Consideration:
Core, CV4*, Style*, M3X*, Titan
Nude Alpha*, Aqua Vitae, Bad Wolf*
Alfa Maschio*, Glace
Alpha Treasures, Captain*, Aura of Amity
Bliss, Connections*
Holy Grail

Samples
Yes
Yesterday 9:59 AM
NP17
Minor deity

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 28
Thanks received:
245 thanks in 172 posts

Yesterday 10:10 AM

(Yesterday 9:59 AM)Phyros Wrote:  Well I'd have to say proprietary molecules are the biggest unknown here. I was kind of running on the assumption that most molecules were known to the community, is that not true?

Some are known. Some are only vaguely known by a select few. Some are completely unknown except by the vendor of that molecule.
Yesterday 10:10 AM
Paradox
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 114
Thanks received:
828 thanks in 292 posts

Yesterday 10:35 AM

(Yesterday 9:59 AM)Phyros Wrote:  Well I'd have to say proprietary molecules are the biggest unknown here. I was kind of running on the assumption that most molecules were known to the community, is that not true?

Most molecules are not known to the community, hence the desire to start this project.

There are 40 molecules listed here: http://pherotruth.com/wiki/index.php

There are many more waiting to be discovered.
Yesterday 10:35 AM
GoergeFocky
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 22
Thanks received:
31 thanks in 18 posts

Yesterday 11:38 AM

That's why it woud be the best way to fund analysises of the most popular mone-products and disclose them.

That would in no way mean that everbody could cash in on that. You'd still have to source the molecules which most private persons could not because they lack the required permission or money.

Still, we could all be more satisfied costumers to the existing products because we would know exactly what we are exposing us and our surroundigs to.
Also, more tweaking around with those molecules would ensue and a higher demand - thus the venor could make them available as singe-mones and still cash in. The majority of the customers would still resort to functioning ready-made products though. I see only benefits if the product-compositions were disclosed and hardly any damage to the existing vendors. Why should I go and buy from some wannabe newly tinkering with some stuff, using information he most likely read up here when there are pros around that now how to handle production and distribution.

Very nice molecule-descriptions there, Phertest, though I don't agree with every word. And yes, I alos feel that Chris' withdrawal and banning from the community is a huge loss.
(This post was last modified: Yesterday 11:46 AM by GoergeFocky.)
Yesterday 11:38 AM
Thanks given by phertest, Ekscentra, Nicksw

phertest
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 229
Thanks received:
563 thanks in 298 posts

Yesterday 5:28 PM

Thanks GoergeFocky, I have put a lot of time and effort into it, but pheromones can be pretty subjective. It's definitely open for discussion once I figure out a way to do that.
Yesterday 5:28 PM
Thanks given by GoergeFocky

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Witch Hazel - european source? Mnester 6 566 03-25-2014 9:06 AM
Last Post: Mnester
  MEO - EST Source KIMBA 10 1,189 06-29-2013 12:52 PM
Last Post: Wanghan