Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
The Open-Source Pheromone Project
GoergeFocky
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 22
Thanks received:
31 thanks in 18 posts

RE: The Open-Source Pheromone Project
11-02-2015 10:25 AM

Best approach still seems to me to approach a commercial analysis-lab that performs GC, MS and NMR .... give them the details about what is most likely necessarry to decode a pheromone-blend and ask for the rate. Then start a crwodfund-initiative here and disclose the results to all that have participated (given money!). I'd propose a certain Alpha-product for it ....

A similar action has been tried here some years ago but failed ... still, any reputable quality-control lab is capable of doing it, so it really comes down to a question of costs.
How to obtain the constituent molecules will be another matter but first things first if you're serious about it.
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2015 10:27 AM by GoergeFocky.)
11-02-2015 10:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ancillian
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 77
Thanks received:
145 thanks in 74 posts

11-02-2015 11:05 AM

I think this is a good idea. I have played around with my own chem set mixes in the past, and have started to do so again - with some success. I like mixes that I know exactly what has gone into it in what ratios, as that allows to informed experimentation and fine tuning.

Not sure if it needs a new specific area of the forum, but I'm all for the testing and reporting of individual molecules and clearly specified mixes.
11-02-2015 11:05 AM
NP17
Minor deity

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 28
Thanks received:
244 thanks in 172 posts

11-02-2015 3:25 PM

(11-02-2015 11:05 AM)Ancillian Wrote:  Not sure if it needs a new specific area of the forum, but I'm all for the testing and reporting of individual molecules and clearly specified mixes.

http://pherotruth.com/Forum-Member-Formulations

http://pherotruth.com/Forum-Single-Molecules

Please post about your mixes. I'd be interested in hearing about them.
11-02-2015 3:25 PM

Ancillian
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
145 thanks in 74 posts

11-03-2015 3:18 AM

(11-02-2015 3:25 PM)NP17 Wrote:  http://pherotruth.com/Forum-Member-Formulations

http://pherotruth.com/Forum-Single-Molecules

Please post about your mixes. I'd be interested in hearing about them.

Yep, hence my suggestion that we don't necessarily need a new area as appropriate sections already exist. Even though, as the OP points out, the Member Formulations section isn't really used for posts about 'open source' member formulations, there's no reason people couldn't start using it for that purpose.

I'll post details of my mixes after some more extensive testing.
11-03-2015 3:18 AM
kalpan56
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks received:
23 thanks in 8 posts

11-04-2015 4:03 AM

I feel great about this project. We can just start with the basics. Like adding Androstadienone and androsterone. Later one we can move toward more complex formula if we want to.

I want something like to happen. You guys should see what happened to A314. We can anytime be out of our favorite product. If we are making the mixes than it is much easier to have it for a lifetime. We are not relying on other pheromone companies.

Starting with basic formulation is very cheap. We can just create a basic new formula and then test it. Report how it work. Add some other stuff and check again. Now anyone who want to use it can go over there and check. Also , he can recreate the formula by giving credit to previous poster.

Open source seems to be a good idea to me. We will need to just start small and then snow ball effect will happen.

What I am basically saying is that we are not going to try to recreate very compex product like l2k. We will create products which do 1 thing extremely good and then add something to that mix to create another new mix.

I don't think cost will be huge factor. For initial start up , we should use the established vendors only. Once the formulation is improved and perfected, we can contact the suppliers if we want to.

The whole project is for us to not to rely on ready made product.

Sounds like a good idea.

I want to post an example. Let's take this basic 3 components. Androstadienone , ANDROSTATRIONE and ANDROSTENONE . All the component are used in varying degree. We can take this 3 and make our own community formulation. It will not cost that much.

Then , We can do a constant update of this by adding one molecule and removing another.

Also , I would like to have formulation in 3 different categories to start with:
1) Love
2)social
3) alpha

We can go from there. Eventually , we can add some exotic pheromone if we want to. Formulating just basic ones will help a lot. It will take years to finally come up with the formulation of pheromone companies.

It would be worth the effort and time for everyone.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2015 4:07 AM by kalpan56.)
11-04-2015 4:03 AM
GoergeFocky
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 22
Thanks received:
31 thanks in 18 posts

11-04-2015 7:56 AM

That's not what the OP intendend and nothing I'd participate either.
Most of the guys in this community that have something to add are already beyond the stage you described, at least with the basic readily available mones -

On the other hand, if you provide us with your source of -atrione, a cool molecule, I'm with you in trying to bring that molecule on the same level as Androsterone, none and the nols in terms of known capacities and effects. It's a useful tool that any mone hoobyists should have a his disposal, but I'm not aware of any vendor freely offering it. True Pheromones once carried it but it's gone.
11-04-2015 7:56 AM
Thanks given by Ekscentra, Nicksw
Ancillian
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
145 thanks in 74 posts

11-04-2015 8:24 AM

Yes, I think the basic premise that many of us could agree on is that we could do more testing and reporting on open source mixes, and make an effort to post them in the member formulation section of the forum. I think if it goes beyond that it's doomed to failure by over commitment and over complication.
11-04-2015 8:24 AM

Phyros
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 7
Thanks received:
30 thanks in 22 posts

11-04-2015 10:24 AM

I personally have no idea about ratios or if there is any publicly available info on what ratios have been found to work to get us a starting place. This is why I'm hoping a senior member will step in and give us something to start with.

I think an alpha/status product would be a good place to start, since it seems to be the biggest void in the market right now as well as the most expensive type of mix.

Does anyone want to give us an idea for a starting place? Or can anyone link to some good reading?

My Journal

Have:
L2Kv1, XiSt, GoA, NNPA, Full Androtics Sampler, TAC, Evolve, Taboo, Love Boat, Flirt, Ascend, Approach Confidence, Odyssey

Under (strong*) Consideration:
Core, CV4*, Style*, M3X*, Titan
Nude Alpha*, Aqua Vitae, Bad Wolf*
Alfa Maschio*, Glace
Alpha Treasures, Captain*, Aura of Amity
Bliss, Connections*
Holy Grail

Samples
Yes
11-04-2015 10:24 AM
Ancillian
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
145 thanks in 74 posts

11-04-2015 11:03 AM

I'll give an example of a mix that should work and does work in my limited testing. This is a social-sexual mix and approximately mimics my old successful PI + Scent of Eros combo.

8 : 3 : 2 alpha androstenol, androstenone, alpha androsterone.

I've been opened by attractive women each of the three separate days I've worn it - which is pretty good for a simple mix.

I've tried twice in DPG at approx dosage of 4:1.5:1 mcg and once in alcohol at approx 20:7.5:5 mcg.

Go forth and test if you like Smile
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2015 11:04 AM by Ancillian.)
11-04-2015 11:03 AM
phertest
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 229
Thanks received:
563 thanks in 298 posts

Yesterday 8:34 AM

I still test single pheromones (my own here) from time to time, but its a shame that Chris from AD decided to stop selling singles, he had some of the most unique molecules and brought us several gems that are used in mainstream products today.

It would definitely be great to see an open source community develop, but there will always be people who will steal formulas and then go on to develop commercial products out of them, and then cause all sorts of drama which causes community break downs which is what happened in the past. I'll definitely be paying attention though.
Yesterday 8:34 AM
Thanks given by Paradox

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Witch Hazel - european source? Mnester 6 566 03-25-2014 9:06 AM
Last Post: Mnester
  MEO - EST Source KIMBA 10 1,189 06-29-2013 12:52 PM
Last Post: Wanghan