Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

The 70's, When music had meaning
mark-in-dallas
Nobody at all

Sex: Male

Rep Post

The 70's, When music had meaning
12-31-2012 12:38 AM

So I got nostalcig and starting listening to some of my favorite songs when I was young, and damnit I love a lot of the music today, but the talent, passion and compassion from days gone by just isn't there.

Listen and see if you agree:

And one from the 80's I couldn't resist and is what I've got for the ringtone on my phone today. Smile

The older I get the less threatening a life sentence sounds

Sympathy for the Devil only results in victimized angels.
12-31-2012 12:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Buzzy78
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: The 70's, When music had meaning
12-31-2012 4:57 AM

Hey mark-in-dallas,

I know what you mean... and its 100% true. I myself am a product of the 90's, and one of my hobbies is music (amateur dj), so i listen to alot of music. Now don't get me wrong, for dancing/clubbing things are much better now.. but i do like music from the 80' and also 70's very much. They just don't make music like that anymore eventhough songwriters/performers have much more tools they can use now then they had back then. It's no suprise artists from this period use samples or just remix an entire song from decades ago. Most of the young people don't even know the original.. A nice example of this is:

Ok granted, the videoclip from call on me is very nice Big Grin hahaha
But in this case Eric Prydz even got Steve Winwood to sing the vocals again for his remix. And if you listen to the song, you can for sure hear how simular call on me is to valerie. Both are good songs, but the original version made by Steve Winwood has more depth and is just better.

But it's not only that alot of artists lost this ability to make truly inspring music, there are other things too:

Most young women nowadays lots the ability to cook a meal wich doesnt doesn't come in a plastik container or is frozen :-)
Cars from back in the day where not better (in most cases cars now are much better build), but they did have what i can only describe as a soul..

It's no suprise vintage shops exist that sell things from the 60's/70's/80's. They made things to last much longer back then. Most things we use now (phones/razors/tv's,...) are not made to last.. they are actually made to break within a certain period of time.

They can make things that last much longer, but just won't anymore because its more labour intensive/expensive and manufactureres like it when you need to buy stuff again because it breaks Big Grin

But not all is bad now.. on the upside, just about every girl alive knows what a blowjob is and practices the art of giving them Big Grin And we got this thing called the internet wich made us find wonderfull websites like this one ;-)

My journal: http://pherotruth.com/Thread-And-so-it-begins
New to pheromones? =>>> http://pherotruth.com/Thread-The-equation

My bag of goodies:
Alpha Dream: Alpha Mascio, Certo, Corporativo, Glace
Pheroxs: Ascend, Cohesion, Evolve, Blizz, Flirt, Connections, Vibe, Domination
Hax: Wingman black label, 9+0, Wingman element 7, Wingman element 9, Wingman C4 oil, Wingman 512 oil, Wingman X22 oil
New Hax: Pherocide, Holy grail, Element x, Alien, Black ops, Ladykiller
Love Scent: New Pheromone Additive, Alpha 7, Impi red dot
Other: Scent of Eros, Erox,
12-31-2012 4:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Share This Thread