Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Smelling androstadienone elevates cortisol?!
wiserd
I'm so meta, even this acronym

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 546
Thanks received:
580 thanks in 290 posts

Smelling androstadienone elevates cortisol?!
02-09-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:It was shown that smelling androstadienone was able to maintain higher levels of cortisol in women (Wyart C et al., J Neurosci 2007, 27, 1261).

I've always associated cortisol with stress, but I guess its produced to help people deal with stress. Cortisol reduction is associated with orgasm, though... Interesting. I wonder if elevating cortisol in women is a good thing, then, romantically speaking?

Stash: Fastburn Glace with light silicone, AM L2K, EST, androstadienone, alpha-nol, beta-nol, Enone, rone, Anone, 7-keto-DHEA, DHEAS, beta-rone, neno, androstadienol, DHEA (don't use it), P74, IS, Ammo (I don't use it) A314, oil based (don't use it)

herbal putatives; tongkat ali, magnolia extract
02-09-2012 12:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by idontknow, Fly So Hi, AlternativeGirl

Injektilo
It's *always* my move.

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 49
Thanks received:
380 thanks in 122 posts

RE: Smelling androstadienone elevates cortisol?!
02-09-2012 1:23 PM

Cortisol is produced in response to stress and serves to increase blood sugar and help metabolize fats, proteins, and carbs, , maintining homeostasis and keeping energy levels constant; this increases physical and cognitive performance. In the short-term, cortisol is adaptive and allows us to deal with stressful situations while taking longer to become fatigued and overwhelmed. It is when stress becomes chronic that cortisol production is no longer adaptive. Cortisol basically directs the body's resources towards the problem facing the organism at the present moment, but this means that those resources must be diverted from elsewhere. For example, the immune system and bone formation are suppressed when cortisol levels are high. Over a short period of time, this is not a problem, but if cortisol levels are high for longer periods, this increases the risk of osteoporosis and illness in general. Thus, cortisol itself isn't a bad thing. It only becomes a problem when cortisol levels are elevated for extended periods of time.
02-09-2012 1:23 PM
Thanks given by Pheroquirk, Fly So Hi, AlternativeGirl, baant
dexter
SPICE UP THE LTR's

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 71
Thanks received:
334 thanks in 148 posts

02-09-2012 8:36 PM

It not only elevates cortisol, but it lowers other hormones, I think Progesterone is one of them.

Think of it in terms of competition. You have alot of hormones that can turn into Cortisol.
shows a simplified picture of 2 routes where Progesterone can be turned into Cortisol.

So if Androstedienone increases Cortisol, it doesn't make the Cortisol, it flips a switch where and -lase chemical turns another hormone(s) into Cortisol.

Effectively lowering the hormone levels of Progesterone, 17a-hydroxy progesteron, 11-deoxycortisol, Deoxycorticosterone, Corticosterone, Aldosterone, which are all close to Cortisol in the human hormone manufacturing process. If you use ingredients to make Cortisol, they come from somewhere.

The combination of lowering the other hormone levels is as significant in a 1:1 ratio as the increase in Cortisol. The combined effect of both lowering the other and at the same time increasing cortisol may have an effect that is even greater than the 2 individually.

It's not just the Cortisol, it's the entire symphony, it's not just the money, it's who you robbed to get it.

I digress, as usual.

dexter
AD-a314,P74,5,6,8,9,P80,1,3,P93,5,6,7,P100,​1,2,3,4,9,12,23,25,IFM,IG,IH,IJ,IO,IS,IS​A,ISB,TUTH,TAA,C,F,H,K,L,NONE,ANOL,AMMO,​MX297,391-5UF
LS-LIQTRUST,NOL,NONE,RONE,A1,PERCEPTION,AE,​SOE
P7-ATJ,FTL,DG!,MAP,GG,PURSUIT,SB,TJ
TP-TLOVE,EST,MEO-EST,TJERK,TALPHA,A1,JERK,ATRIONE,COPS
HM-D3,DHEA,PEA,ETRIONE,NENO,MEL
02-09-2012 8:36 PM
Thanks given by paradigmshift, wiserd, AlternativeGirl, Shelly B, baant
wiserd

Rep Post

Thanks received:
580 thanks in 290 posts

02-10-2012 4:33 AM

(02-09-2012 8:36 PM)dexter Wrote:  It not only elevates cortisol, but it lowers other hormones, I think Progesterone is one of them.

Very nice! Thanks.

Stash: Fastburn Glace with light silicone, AM L2K, EST, androstadienone, alpha-nol, beta-nol, Enone, rone, Anone, 7-keto-DHEA, DHEAS, beta-rone, neno, androstadienol, DHEA (don't use it), P74, IS, Ammo (I don't use it) A314, oil based (don't use it)

02-10-2012 4:33 AM
paradigmshift
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1006
Thanks received:
387 thanks in 177 posts

02-10-2012 6:17 AM

Awesome post on progesterone cortisol relationship.

High progesterone levels are believed to be partly responsible for symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS), such as breast tenderness, feeling bloated and mood swings.

Good insight why Androstadienone is effective for women when its that time.

Reps dexter!

***too many mones***
02-10-2012 6:17 AM
Thanks given by AlternativeGirl

dexter
SPICE UP THE LTR's

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 71
Thanks received:
334 thanks in 148 posts

02-11-2012 3:02 PM

progesterone is high around PMS, it is very high in pregnancy, it is extrememly high in morning sick pregnant women. I read a study where they found if they gave the morning sick level of progesterone to men, they got morning sick.

Progesterone(s) and their analogues are what is used in many forms of Birth Control Pills. It elevates their natural hormone levels to make their body think it is already pregnant. Unfortunately, BCP elevates them to a halfway to PMS threshold.

This level of Semi-PMS for an extra 20 days a month due to BCP can alter mood from what it would be if not using BCP. Progesterone is truly a mind altering drug (hormone). This is why the instructions with most Progesteron BCP include the warning to stop taking them immediately if you have thoughts of suicide, panic/anxiety attacks. They don't tell you to stop taking them due to the weight gain associated with high Progesterone levels. My sister in law worked out at the gym trying to lose weight, and didn't lose weight until she stopped taking her Progesteron BCP. Then she lost ~30 pounds/12kg.

dexter
AD-a314,P74,5,6,8,9,P80,1,3,P93,5,6,7,P100,​1,2,3,4,9,12,23,25,IFM,IG,IH,IJ,IO,IS,IS​A,ISB,TUTH,TAA,C,F,H,K,L,NONE,ANOL,AMMO,​MX297,391-5UF
LS-LIQTRUST,NOL,NONE,RONE,A1,PERCEPTION,AE,​SOE
P7-ATJ,FTL,DG!,MAP,GG,PURSUIT,SB,TJ
TP-TLOVE,EST,MEO-EST,TJERK,TALPHA,A1,JERK,ATRIONE,COPS
HM-D3,DHEA,PEA,ETRIONE,NENO,MEL
02-11-2012 3:02 PM
Thanks given by paradigmshift, AlternativeGirl
preck
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 174
Thanks received:
332 thanks in 162 posts

08-27-2012 4:47 PM

this can explain why Androstadienone plus sex its no bueno in my experiences
08-27-2012 4:47 PM
wiserd

Rep Post

Thanks received:
580 thanks in 290 posts

08-27-2012 10:17 PM

(08-27-2012 4:47 PM)preck Wrote:  this can explain why Androstadienone plus sex its no bueno in my experiences

What's your experience?

08-27-2012 10:17 PM
preck
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 174
Thanks received:
332 thanks in 162 posts

08-27-2012 10:50 PM

(08-27-2012 10:17 PM)wiserd Wrote:  What's your experience?

Great effects on the girl but i lost all the interest on doing it after only 5 min.She was very nice and a lil bit disapointed when i decided to stop wich i think it was the a 1 hittin.

Btw i had on Am,TL and Androstadienone maybe it might work wit less Androstadienone
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2012 10:50 PM by preck.)
08-27-2012 10:50 PM

zerosix85
Aspect of the Fox

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 663
Thanks received:
581 thanks in 215 posts

08-28-2012 7:36 AM

Hrm, you reminded me of something Preck.

When I open the bottle of Androstadienone , I notice the head change from my base state and I know for certain that it's NOT a placebo. Ever had a bottle of Androstadienone (Love-Scent) break into your jacket before? I did and you can imagine in a few hours, how that went to shit.... Speaking as a person with a hyperthymic temperament, Androstadienone in doses of 15 mcg+ makes me calm, sometimes tired, and carry some weighted feeling that clouds my head (towards the end of the night). Maybe that doesn't necessarily translate to depression but it bothers me to know that even after sex, I'd have to wash that shit off a few hours shortly after cause, sleep with that weighted feeling felt like trying to climb out of a sinking burrow.

Pago mentioned how Vitamin D3 from sun exposure may play an important role in alleviating some of that feeling and after playing with True Love and LAID Hair Paste, he's right.

08-28-2012 7:36 AM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  AM+Glace+Androstadienone or AV+Hypnotica Social+Androstadienone CanadianGuy45 42 3,140 02-13-2012 4:50 PM
Last Post: CanadianGuy45
  cortisol as a pheromone? OchrismongrelO 0 212 12-31-2011 2:57 PM
Last Post: OchrismongrelO