Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Smelling Good (and the art of interpersonal relations)...
Snoopyace
The Love God

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Smelling Good (and the art of interpersonal relations)...
06-29-2017 7:45 AM

Wow. Have you ever read a post from someone and were just certain that they was joking only to realize that they were actually SERIOUS?!!

I just did and I'm still shaking my head. Anyway, on to the story...

Below is actually an old post of mine from LPMP but something yesterday reminded me of it. I was wearing Excalibur when at the grocery store. the two girls working the register and bagging both started lifting their heads in the air and sniffing (not in an overt way but enough to be noticeable) as I approached the register. They exchanged a glance and and one whispered to the other about how something smelled really good. Like woods mixed with honey. I overheard this and thanked her for the compliment. The girls (I'm telling myself they were both about 18 so I don't feel too creepy) both blushed a bit and the bagger asked if I was what smelled like a great smelling forest. I told them what I was wearing and the cashier (even though someone came up in line behind me) made the girl checking out in the lane down the way, come over and smell me. That girl immediately grabbed her phone to text her boyfriend to go online and check out what I was wearing. I honestly thought at first they were just making a joke and that they didn't like what I was wearing but no, they seemed very genuine. On to my story below about smellng great and using that to meet people.

My beautiful Bride, Captain Awesome and myself all just snuck away for a few days of much needed away time from the Rat Race. The best my Beauty could do to get away from work was Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday since they are painfully shorthanded and the mail must flow. We decided on a destination about 2 1/2 hours away that was also a place she knew from childhood. An incredibly unique attraction called House on the Rock. I highly recommend it. Apparently it started out as one man's vision of a place to live, up on a big outcropping of rock in West central, Wisconsin. Being that he was also a collector, he did what a collector does. He started adding on to his house in an effort to maintain his collection. Then he hit on the idea of having people come to pay and see his collections. Do you understand where I am going with all this?

What started as one man's picnic spot has since turned into an attraction that sees over 1,000 guests PER DAY. The website does not do the place justice, nor do the photos I took. Most of the venue is quite a bit dark, I believe to either hide the dust or add to the mystique of an already mysterious location. Possibly both, I'm not really sure. As a tourist attraction it definitely holds its own, unfortunately you can do the entire attraction in one day and then what else is there to do in Central Wisconsin besides legally drink Spotted Cow? Oh, the Wisconsin Dells, also known as the Waterpark Capitol of the World is only about an hour drive away. Now THERE is where you can spend a week, either soaked to the bone in one of the numerous water park resorts or you can take a Duck ride while zip lining over Lake Delton. Also highly recommended. But I digress, I was intending to write about stinky stuff.

For our mini vacation I'd packed both Mark's Tonka Tobacum as well as LP: Homme. Somewhat similar scents in that they are both a bit more gourmand. Also, Captain Awesome (aka my kid) HAD to bring his custom LPMP scent and my bride brought a bottle of LP: Black along, just to be thorough. If you have not smelled Black, you are missing out on brown sugary happiness. We were one big, stinky family. Now, my Bride is MUCH more conservative than I when it comes to rolling on a scent. I practically bathe in it knowing that within 15 minutes, I won't be gassing the people down the block with my scent, however I WILL delight the olfactory senses of whomever I pass by. One of the main virtues of an oil based scent, besides longevity is the knowledge that your scent trail can be very selective. Only those close to you are privileged enough to be allowed into your domain of stinkiness.

Now, one of the reasons that I wear Love Potion colognes is because I do like the attention they give. It is a great icebreaker when out someplace new. If someone has disapproved of my scent, they have never mentioned it. On the other hand, more times than I can count have I been regaled with the story of how 'someone' smells really good in the room! Which brings me to the experiences of our trip. As I passed both guest and tour employee alike while wearing Mark's Tonka Tobacum on Wednesday, I heard the musical sounds of,

*sniff sniff*

*hushed whisper*

"What smells so good? Do you think they pipe in the scent of sugar cookies or do they have a bakery?" Followed by the realization that it is the big guy with the tiny family that smells so good. On occasion it is the realization that the small child in their midst smells of chocolate covered cherry marshmallow peeps.

My bride is uncomfortable with the way I will approach anyone and strike up a conversation. Usually my victim is an employee of someplace such as this. One reason I've always done so is because I'm painfully shy. Anyone who is on the path I am finds the energy of most people to be quite abrasive and challenging, even if they are not intentionally so. The amazing fruits of Mara and John's genius go a long way towards making people less challenging. Striking up a conversation with the docent in the infinity room led to an adventure down a clandestine staircase to witness two beautiful fawns that he was also the caregiver of. Also, because our tour guide at a local cave attraction rather enjoyed the scent of chocolate covered cherry marshmallow peeps as she said that Captain Awesome smelled of, we were given an extra special tour of a portion of the cave that was not open to the general public.

The moral of the story? Smell nice, don't be afraid to strike up a conversation and you may find that life will hand you more adventures than you thought you might have. Smile

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

“Charm is the way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clearly defined question” - Oscar Wilde
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2017 7:56 AM by Snoopyace.)
06-29-2017 7:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jinzo
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

RE: Smelling Good (and the art of interpersonal relations)...
06-29-2017 10:01 AM

I've always had mixed feelings about LPMP scents.. On one hand yes they can smell good, especially after its been on your skin for a while. But a lot of the times it smells either too foody.....or too hippy. I just can't see it being a sexy smell.

Yes, they smell good like a sweet bakery would...but I have a difficult time imagining it would ever come across as "sexy" in anyway. Especially on a grown man.

23 year old, Asian, Filmmaker

My arsenal

AD: L2Kv1 2016, AM 2013, Glace
LAL: Wolf, Bad Wolf, AV, Nude, SXD-9, Dirty Primitive, Asian 4 Asian, Voodoo
Apex: Core, M3X
PT: Swooon, Grail of Affection, The Hook Up
PXS: Taboo
LS: Impi Red Metallic 2016
Samples: Xist, Evolve, Ascend, The Hook Up, Alfa Maschio, Corporativo, Aqua Vitae, Possess Alpha, Nude Alpha, Dion, Orbital, Scent of Eros,
06-29-2017 10:01 AM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

06-29-2017 10:07 AM

(06-29-2017 10:01 AM)Jinzo Wrote:  I've always had mixed feelings about LPMP scents.. On one hand yes they can smell good, especially after its been on your skin for a while. But a lot of the times it smells either too foody.....or too hippy. I just can't see it being a sexy smell.

Yes, they smell good like a sweet bakery would...but I have a difficult time imagining it would ever come across as "sexy" in anyway. Especially on a grown man.

Trust me when I say that as a guy, I understand where you are coming from but the owner is a woman and she makes scents she knows a woman will like on a man. I get an insane amount of compliments on scents like LP: Homme that are both foody and incense-y. Women dig the scents and I dig the attention they give me.

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

“Charm is the way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clearly defined question” - Oscar Wilde
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2017 10:08 AM by Snoopyace.)
06-29-2017 10:07 AM
Jinzo
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

06-29-2017 11:22 AM

(06-29-2017 10:07 AM)Snoopyace Wrote:  Trust me when I say that as a guy, I understand where you are coming from but the owner is a woman and she makes scents she knows a woman will like on a man. I get an insane amount of compliments on scents like Love Potion: Homme that are both foody and incense-y. Women dig the scents and I dig the attention they give me.

Interesting. But it might not sit as well with male peers when you smell like a gingerbread donut Prankster2

23 year old, Asian, Filmmaker

My arsenal

AD: L2Kv1 2016, AM 2013, Glace
LAL: Wolf, Bad Wolf, AV, Nude, SXD-9, Dirty Primitive, Asian 4 Asian, Voodoo
Apex: Core, M3X
PT: Swooon, Grail of Affection, The Hook Up
PXS: Taboo
LS: Impi Red Metallic 2016
Samples: Xist, Evolve, Ascend, The Hook Up, Alfa Maschio, Corporativo, Aqua Vitae, Possess Alpha, Nude Alpha, Dion, Orbital, Scent of Eros,
06-29-2017 11:22 AM

Ekscentra

Rep Post

06-29-2017 11:55 AM

I wish I could get on well with LPMP scents, but the cloying, cheap amber base or headache-inducing musk base they use in many of their scents is a deal breaker for me. It's a shame, because conceptually, they have a number of interesting options, but like Aventus, the end result strikes me as cheaply made and lacking in the execution department. I may sample a few more in the future, but for now, my focus is on the vintage greats. I'm glad they work for you and others.
06-29-2017 11:55 AM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

06-29-2017 12:09 PM

(06-29-2017 11:22 AM)Jinzo Wrote:  Interesting. But it might not sit as well with male peers when you smell like a gingerbread donut Prankster2

Ah, I've run into that until I'm the one all the women are talking to. Including their girlfriend/spouses.
(06-29-2017 11:55 AM)Ekscentra Wrote:  I wish I could get on well with LPMP scents, but the cloying, cheap amber base or headache-inducing musk base they use in many of their scents is a deal breaker for me. It's a shame, because conceptually, they have a number of interesting options, but like Aventus, the end result strikes me as cheaply made and lacking in the execution department. I may sample a few more in the future, but for now, my focus is on the vintage greats. I'm glad they work for you and others.

Yup. To each their own.

(This post was last modified: 06-29-2017 12:10 PM by Snoopyace.)
06-29-2017 12:09 PM
Jimmycrack
Serious Poster

Sex:

Rep Post

06-30-2017 7:43 AM

(06-29-2017 11:55 AM)Ekscentra Wrote:  I wish I could get on well with LPMP scents, but the cloying, cheap amber base or headache-inducing musk base they use in many of their scents is a deal breaker for me. It's a shame, because conceptually, they have a number of interesting options, but like Aventus, the end result strikes me as cheaply made and lacking in the execution department. I may sample a few more in the future, but for now, my focus is on the vintage greats. I'm glad they work for you and others.

I try to keep an open mind about these things. Snoop is such a credible guy and I've had good success with his suggestions. But regarding love potion I have had mixed results that I will categorize as the pot pouri and candle scent spectrum. By that I mean they can come off very overbearing and linear.

But many of these scents are well loved and especially by young girls and dare I say chubby girls and chubby older women. I think because so many have gourmand quality I think they appeal to folks who love food. Therefore they have their place. I've had great success at outdoor festivals with the scents but they rarely attract the girl I'm looking for... but oddly I just love some of their female scents. A few of them just send me into a tail spin.

In the end I have concluded that while they may not be that sophisticated or nuanced (again they smell like a gift shop at times) there are some real gems and I will be placing a sampler order....

As for aventus, a great number of women love it. I get great reactions from men and women with a wider spread than the love potion scents. But I've also had a fair number of high quality women say - jeesh that cologne is really "in your face" - it is like telling the world you "need attention".
06-30-2017 7:43 AM
Jimmy42
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

06-30-2017 1:09 PM

For sure the LPMP Super for Man I have eventually morphs into what many call the pancakes smell.....but never have I seen so many women, young and not so young, looking to devour a stack of pancakes as with this stuff! Strong strange smell? Yes. Does it work? Hell yes!!
06-30-2017 1:09 PM

Spider-mone

Rep Post

06-30-2017 1:32 PM

(06-30-2017 7:43 AM)Jimmycrack Wrote:  As for aventus, a great number of women love it. I get great reactions from men and women with a wider spread than the love potion scents. But I've also had a fair number of high quality women say - jeesh that cologne is really "in your face" - it is like telling the world you "need attention".

I never used to be a cologne guy and I still don't consider myself one. I like to smell good and my collection has grown because of this mone hobby but I'm not the type of guy that wants to be smelled from across the room. I read somewhere that said .... a cologne should be discovered, not announced. what I do now is spray my cologne on a tissue and then rub it on my neck. I know you're not supposed to do this but I like the more subtle approach to wearing fragrance. and I find it works well with loud stuff like Aventus/CDNI.

Correct a fool and he will hate you; correct a wise man and he will appreciate you
06-30-2017 1:32 PM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

06-30-2017 1:34 PM

(06-30-2017 1:09 PM)Jimmy42 Wrote:  For sure the LPMP Super for Man I have eventually morphs into what many call the pancakes smell.....but never have I seen so many women, young and not so young, looking to devour a stack of pancakes as with this stuff! Strong strange smell? Yes. Does it work? Hell yes!!

Amen! I've been told many times by my bride that she wants me to wear my 'pancake cologne'. For the record, they also sell UN which is an unscented version of SUPER and you can wear that as a cover for whatever pheromones you want. I use it a lot.

(This post was last modified: 06-30-2017 1:40 PM by Snoopyace.)
06-30-2017 1:34 PM

Share This Thread