Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Smelling Good (and the art of interpersonal relations)...
Spider-mone

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Smelling Good (and the art of interpersonal relations)...
06-30-2017 1:40 PM

(06-30-2017 1:34 PM)Snoopyace Wrote:  Amen! I've been told many times by my bride that she wants me to wear my 'pancake cologne'.

lol. not sure I'd be comfortable walking around smelling like pancakes !! takes a certain type of person to pull that off ... don't think I fit the bill.... lol. but maybe wearing it at home for sexy time is an option.... smell like pancakes and supply the "syrup" as well !!

Correct a fool and he will hate you; correct a wise man and he will appreciate you
06-30-2017 1:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

06-30-2017 1:44 PM

(06-30-2017 1:40 PM)Spider-mone Wrote:  lol. not sure I'd be comfortable walking around smelling like pancakes !! takes a certain type of person to pull that off ... don't think I fit the bill.... lol. but maybe wearing it at home for sexy time is an option.... smell like pancakes and supply the "syrup" as well !!

Yeah, it takes a confident guy to pull it off but if you want to stand out at the bar, or anywhere really, women WILL track down the sweet smelling guy. That includes the smokin' hot ones. Not just the girls who like pancakes a little too much.

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

“Charm is the way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clearly defined question” - Oscar Wilde
06-30-2017 1:44 PM

Ekscentra

Rep Post

06-30-2017 9:48 PM

(06-30-2017 1:44 PM)Snoopyace Wrote:  Yeah, it takes a confident guy to pull it off but if you want to stand out at the bar, or anywhere really, women WILL track down the sweet smelling guy. That includes the smokin' hot ones. Not just the girls who like pancakes a little too much.

While I don't personally get pancakes from Super For Men (it's more of a lavender with equal parts amber and tobacco at the base), if you enjoy the idea of smelling like pancakes (maple syrup, that is), then Sables by Annick Goutal is a must try. You can sample it here if you're interested:

06-30-2017 9:48 PM
LogicWoman
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Female

Rep Post

10-07-2017 8:36 PM

(06-30-2017 7:43 AM)Jimmycrack Wrote:  I try to keep an open mind about these things. Snoop is such a credible guy and I've had good success with his suggestions. But regarding love potion I have had mixed results that I will categorize as the pot pouri and candle scent spectrum. By that I mean they can come off very overbearing and linear.

But many of these scents are well loved and especially by young girls and dare I say chubby girls and chubby older women. I think because so many have gourmand quality I think they appeal to folks who love food. Therefore they have their place. I've had great success at outdoor festivals with the scents but they rarely attract the girl I'm looking for... but oddly I just love some of their female scents. A few of them just send me into a tail spin.
LOL hahaha!

So while you don't like the men's scents because they are too foody, do you think the women's are too foody, too? personally, vanilla makes me horny... esp the rich and sweet vanilla that LP offers. I don't like most of their scents, but their vanilla is really good! I really like how they blend the amber with the vanilla, too. However, I don't like the patchouli one bit! I wish they would just take the patchouli out. Vanilla also makes me happy and calm. Maybe that's why it makes me horny - i'm probably too depressed and anxious to ever feel horny. I don't know.

Anyways, as a 24 year old woman, I like vanilla on a man but with some masculine notes like sandalwood

ETA: I haven't tried this, but based on the notes, I think this is what many women like myself will like on a man (vanilla with sandalwood... on the masculine side)

One thing i like a lot about LP is that they offer samples at affordable prices and for free shipping
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2017 8:39 PM by LogicWoman.)
10-07-2017 8:36 PM
TheManInTheFedora
Serious Poster

Sex:

Rep Post

10-08-2017 9:34 AM

Code:
Vanilla also makes me happy and calm. Maybe that's why it makes me horny

Were you breastfed as an infant?

Researchers years ago postulated that the reason for this is that human breast milk smells reminiscent of vanilla. Therefore, it reminds the person of those carefree, safe, happy times spent while drinking milk, being cradled by one's mother.

Strangely enough, vanilla was one of those smells that did turn on test subjects in addition to night blooming jasmine (jasmine being a frequent addition to perfumes).

Years ago, a study was done [Alan Hirsch] on aromas...namely the ones which would turn on people.....many women (not all) were turned on (greater pelvic circulation, labial circulation) by the smell of fresh cucumber mixed with the popular licorice candies called 'Good & Plenty' (probably any licorice candy will also work). While men seemed to experience greater penile circulation smelling fresh baked pumpkin pie.

....including mention of vanilla and pheromones

....Hirsch's study with pheromones mentioned (just ignore the silly little myths that pheromone vendors only sell musk to their clients....WE ALL KNOW better here at our club!)

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2017 10:00 AM by TheManInTheFedora.)
10-08-2017 9:34 AM
LogicWoman
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

10-08-2017 1:23 PM

no, I was not breastfed at all, but I think you are correct that vanilla has similar components to human breast milk, but I think we were born to instinctively like those components instead of learning to like it. Otherwise, babies would have to learn to like breastmilk instead of automatically sucking on it like nom nom nom yummmmm. Thanks for the links. Very interesting.

interestingly, when i was a kid (around 10 years old or so) , my father had put one of those glade air plug-in fresheners into the bathroom, and my sister and i thought the smell was too strong, fake, and nauseating. But then i noticed that I felt more calm and relaxed... a weird feeling that I never get from other smells other than vanilla.
(10-08-2017 9:34 AM)TheManInTheFedora Wrote:  
Code:
Vanilla also makes me happy and calm. Maybe that's why it makes me horny

Were you breastfed as an infant?

Researchers years ago postulated that the reason for this is that human breast milk smells reminiscent of vanilla. Therefore, it reminds the person of those carefree, safe, happy times spent while drinking milk, being cradled by one's mother.

Strangely enough, vanilla was one of those smells that did turn on test subjects in addition to night blooming jasmine (jasmine being a frequent addition to perfumes).

Years ago, a study was done [Alan Hirsch] on aromas...namely the ones which would turn on people.....many women (not all) were turned on (greater pelvic circulation, labial circulation) by the smell of fresh cucumber mixed with the popular licorice candies called 'Good & Plenty' (probably any licorice candy will also work). While men seemed to experience greater penile circulation smelling fresh baked pumpkin pie.

....including mention of vanilla and pheromones

....Hirsch's study with pheromones mentioned (just ignore the silly little myths that pheromone vendors only sell musk to their clients....WE ALL KNOW better here at our club!)

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2017 1:25 PM by LogicWoman.)
10-08-2017 1:23 PM

TheManInTheFedora
Serious Poster

Sex:

Rep Post

10-08-2017 1:35 PM

Code:
Otherwise, babies would have to learn to like breastmilk instead of automatically sucking on it like nom nom nom yummmmm

It turns out that pheromones play a part in breastfeeding.

10-08-2017 1:35 PM
Saiyanprince
Serious Poster

Rep Post

10-09-2017 11:29 AM

How different is the women's scents from the men's scents?

I have the men's sampler but my wife hasn't really liked any of them yet except Hommes after it's been on for some time. I was,wanting to get her a sample pack but she refused because she thinks it will smell the same.
Thanks.
10-09-2017 11:29 AM
LogicWoman
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

10-09-2017 3:32 PM

(10-09-2017 11:29 AM)Saiyanprince Wrote:  How different is the women's scents from the men's scents?

I have the men's sampler but my wife hasn't really liked any of them yet except Hommes after it's been on for some time. I was,wanting to get her a sample pack but she refused because she thinks it will smell the same.
Thanks.

Homme is just Original blend with a few notes like coffee and mahogany. Instead of buying her a sample pack, buy her a trail size of the Original blend, which is five dollars. If she doesn't like that, LPMP isn't for her.

As a woman, though, the original blend is my favorite perfume. I love how the amber, vanilla, and apricot are so in harmony with one another. I don't like the patchouli in it, though, but it's not so bad that it makes me want to throw up, since it's just in the background. But most of LP's scents are misses for me, including those in the permanent collection.
10-09-2017 3:32 PM
NuTrix
Enjoying the Journey

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

10-22-2017 2:26 PM

(10-09-2017 11:29 AM)Saiyanprince Wrote:  How different is the women's scents from the men's scents?

I'm a fan of the Homme fragrance, but most of the men's were misses with me too - though the ones that were hits were over the moon (like Voracious and the now sold out, Dark Desires OHMYFREAKINGWOW) I got the women's sampler starting out and a lot were misses for me as well. Like LogicWoman, I am not a big fan of the patchouli but there are still scents with it that are delicious, like Compromising Positions, Nom, Nom! And often it isn't too strong to be a deal breaker. If she knows what notes work for her, or that she likes, then I agree with purchasing samples of interest rather than LPs sampler, then she can be more discriminating. If you're willing to go the step further, call or email them! John or Mara will be happy to help find some suitable recommendations according to her tastes Smile

(06-30-2017 1:32 PM)Spider-mone Wrote:  I never used to be a cologne guy and I still don't consider myself one. I like to smell good and my collection has grown because of this mone hobby but I'm not the type of guy that wants to be smelled from across the room. I read somewhere that said .... a cologne should be discovered, not announced. what I do now is spray my cologne on a tissue and then rub it on my neck. I know you're not supposed to do this but I like the more subtle approach to wearing fragrance. and I find it works well with loud stuff like Aventus/CDNI.

Laugh1 I only laugh because I love the, spray in front of you and walk through the cloud approach, which is kind of a knock off of your tissue application Good

To speak to Snoopyace's title post, yes! People seek you out. Seek. You. Out. To find out what that wonderful aroma is. You don't need to hit them over the head, which is one of the reasons I prefer oils over sprays so much. They stay closer to the skin, but I promise you, people go out of their way to discover the source Heart

You're never too old to learn NuTrix! blowkiss
10-22-2017 2:26 PM

Share This Thread