Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Scent of Eros for women self effects
Synergist
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 389
Thanks received:
622 thanks in 231 posts

Scent of Eros for women self effects
04-08-2012 7:45 PM

I've already posted this on my journal but I thought I might repost it here, in case anyone has any explanation (scientific is fine as long as it is not too technical for me to understand!) or has maybe experienced anything similar. So far I haven't come across any reports of anything like this and am curious to know what's going on.

I tried Scent of Eros for women out at low doses at first, then after a few days, just for the sake of experimentation, I tried really slathering a heap of it on. Within a few minutes I began to feel very anxious and nervous. I am highly sensitive to caffeine, and I would describe it as a similar feeling to the effect I get after a cup of coffee. I became a little shaky, got heart palpitations, and generally felt really anxious "“ not a nice feeling at all. I measured my heart rate and it had noticeably increased. I had to wash the stuff off before too long.

Now mind you, I did really slather it on that time. So I've tried it at dosages in between as well. I thought there might also have been a chance that the feelings were due to something else, nervousness about other things in my life say. But the result is consistently the same, and changing the dosage greatly changes the intensity of the feeling. Washing it off causes the feeling to diminish within minutes. When I tried much less, but enough to have a result, the feeling was much more tolerable, more an excited energy. Still not something I particularly enjoy, but then I don't enjoy caffeine and I know others can't live without it.

From my readings I gather that this effect is most likely caused by the alpha androstenol. This is supposed to make people happy and chatty, even a little giddy. Given my sensitivity to caffeine, I would surmise that wearing this works in a very similar way to giving yourself and those around you a shot of caffeine when you enter the room.

Visit my journal! Drinks

See my product list and links to all reviews

Check out my blind testing thread!
Girl_pinkglassesf
04-08-2012 7:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by 20 Franc, idontknow, Pheroman, as33156

Synergist
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
622 thanks in 231 posts

RE: Scent of Eros for women self effects
04-10-2012 7:31 AM

Pheroman posted this on my journal, thought I would repost it here since it is on topic. Any thoughts from anyone else??

-------

I have the posted similar effects on women using Scent of Eros :

(01-18-2011 11:18 PM)Pheroman Wrote: After about one hour she was as chatty as ever, it was like the spinning top: winding it up with
a short question and away she went.
This went all night, it was like she was on a massive dose of caffeine that did not fade out but kept getting stronger.

(02-19-2011 9:08 AM)Pheroman Wrote: Later i did get invited to her place (social only) wearing nothing but Scent of Eros .
1.5 inches each side of neck, and 1 inch spread on arms.
I ended up staying there for eight hours of friendly chat, *and dinner till I
said "wow look at the time, I really gotta go".

------

Visit my journal! Drinks

Girl_pinkglassesf
04-10-2012 7:31 AM
Thanks given by Pheroman, as33156
Synergist
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
622 thanks in 231 posts

04-12-2012 5:53 AM

Wow, 62 views but no responses? Anyone??

Visit my journal! Drinks

Girl_pinkglassesf
04-12-2012 5:53 AM
halo0073

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1632
Thanks received:
3377 thanks in 1535 posts

04-12-2012 6:40 AM

Sorry I am just now seeing this. I am not sure what is in Scent of Eros...is it Alpha Androstenol and cops? I would say you are definitely reacting to the Alpha Androstenol. Alpha Androstenol acts like an "upper" or stimulant to me so it makes sense if you have problems with caffeine. I have heard Scent of Eros is very high quality/purity so it might just be a phero you have to be very careful with. I have a friend who is very sensitive to Pheromones and she wears the tiniest amounts. I use tons more before or if I even do see results like hers. She will get overwhelmed and almost anxious with too much or with certain Pheromones (TH Doc) Her review of Laid is TY under Halo and friends Laid reviews.

As far as the shaking goes, that is what happens to me when I OD. First thing. You were right to wash it off. That was an OD. I usually take a few days or a week off after an OD and take lots of B vitamins. But if it was just a few minutes you are likely fine.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2012 6:43 AM by halo0073.)
04-12-2012 6:40 AM
Thanks given by Synergist
jvkohl
Expert

Sex: Male

Thanks Given: 34
Thanks received:
494 thanks in 201 posts

04-13-2012 5:55 PM

(04-08-2012 7:45 PM)Synergist Wrote:  From my readings I gather that this effect is most likely caused by the alpha androstenol. This is supposed to make people happy and chatty, even a little giddy. Given my sensitivity to caffeine, I would surmise that wearing this works in a very similar way to giving yourself and those around you a shot of caffeine when you enter the room.

I've never heard of any similar reaction to androstenol, and don't know who is promoting a difference between what is commonly known as androstenol and alpha androstenol (whatever that is). Chemicals similar to androstenol are used to add "musky notes" to fragrance products. Have you ever had a similar reaction to anything "musky"? As with anything however, moderation is the key. All odors are aversive at high concentrations, even the concentrated scent of a rose. And vanilla has been linked to nose-bleeds, which is a bit scary.

James V. Kohl
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (ASCLS)
Medical Laboratory Scientist (ASCP)
Medical Technologist (AMT)
Author/Creator: The Scent of Eros
04-13-2012 5:55 PM
Thanks given by Pheroman, AlternativeGirl, Synergist

Synergist
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
622 thanks in 231 posts

04-14-2012 4:36 PM

Thanks James, that is very interesting. I was hoping you would be able to weigh in with some information! Smile Sorry I am still new to the world of pheromones, so maybe I have got the terminology wrong - so alpha androstenol is no different to androstenol? So what exactly is beta androstenol?

As I mentioned I used a very high dosage, mostly just to see what would happen, and I describe these self effects purely as a point of interest on possible overdose effects. I don't recall having a reaction to musk before but I have not really been exposed to it much, so possibly it was just an overload on my system.

Visit my journal! Drinks

Girl_pinkglassesf
04-14-2012 4:36 PM
jvkohl
Expert

Thanks received:
494 thanks in 201 posts

04-14-2012 7:46 PM

Like the report on women who processed plants for vanilla extract, this report indicates that subtle effects on hormones associated both with nosebleeds and menstrual cycle variability may be important concerns as some researcher move toward therapeutic effects of pheromones. "Our results indicate that saffron odor exert some effects in the treatment of PMS, dysmenorrhea and irregular menstruation."

Your experience emphasizes the need to approach this more scientifically, with the use of animal models for comparison, which is what I did in my latest published paper. Few people are going to read my published works because of their technical nature. But I hope to ensure that others are minimally aware of the difference between tossing some relatively unknown chemicals with "clever" names into a mix that may result in something less effective that products developed based on current scientific knowledge.

I don't know what alpha androstenol is or what beta androstenol is, or who determined that they might be human pheromones, as opposed per se to those who have reported on the effects of androstenol on luteinizing hormone and mood in women.

Since I often get the impression that people are just making up their claims for use of different chemicals, I don't bother to check on such things. Even the use of androstadienone fell into question with a report from colleagues that it had no effect on behavior in couples.

James V. Kohl
04-14-2012 7:46 PM
Thanks given by Synergist, AlternativeGirl, Pheroman
Beccah
Queen of the Bs

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks received:
288 thanks in 362 posts

04-15-2012 12:08 PM

Interesting response. I'm very sensitive to coffee, though not caffeine from tea for some reason, but I've never had that reaction to a-nol. I did go through a period, when I was drinking heavily, that I didn't get anything but headaches from a-nol & a-nol heavy blends. I would suggest evaluating your diet to see if eliminating something (maybe sugar) helps. I only suggest this because eliminating my nightly bottle of wine helped me to gain positive self effects from a-nol/heavy blends again Smile
04-15-2012 12:08 PM
Thanks given by AlternativeGirl, jvkohl, Synergist
jvkohl
Expert

Thanks received:
494 thanks in 201 posts

04-15-2012 12:56 PM

Interactions with astute observers like Beccah encourage me to include more information about the effect of alcohol on gondadotropin releasing hormone (GnRH), which is also responsible for the effects of pheromones on behavior. If, as may be the case with her alcohol consumption, the effect of an androstenol/androsterone mix on GnRH and on luteinizing hormone (LH) are compromised by , so might be the resultant affect on behavior of an androstenol/androsterone mix.

Other works have shown an initial effect of alcohol on LH increase, which would predict that added effects of androstenol on LH might be negative (leading to headaches) as would overexposure to high concentrations of androstenol, vanilla, or saffron alone. For that matter, your grandmother's perfume, when applied in excessive amounts because she is gradually losing her sense of smell with age, may give you a headache -- as it does with those who encounter her in an elevator and also become nauseated.

However, the same initial effect of androstenol and alcohol on LH and testosterone is probably what's enhancing the visual appeal of those who are using pheromone-enhanced fragrance products containing the "right" amount of androstenol in the correct mixture. The "right" amount, however, cannot be determined for those who are already activating their LH response via other exposure(s) to systemic effects of chemicals, whether they are inhaled or ingested.

If only I could rely on Beccah, or someone like her, for product promotion and follow-up on concerns for proper usage, my product sales would soar. Most of what I have conveyed in technical terms in published works, can be simply stated by those, like her, who have observed how nutrition (linked to food odors) and behavioral interactions (linked to social odors/pheromones) work in combination to determine behavior. But if she decides to market a competing product, I will deny that I said this Nana

James V. Kohl
04-15-2012 12:56 PM
Thanks given by Pheroman, Synergist

AlternativeGirl
Sapiosexual

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 3549
Thanks received:
2467 thanks in 947 posts

04-15-2012 1:00 PM

(04-14-2012 7:46 PM)jvkohl Wrote:  Like the report on women who processed plants for vanilla extract, this report indicates that subtle effects on hormones associated both with nosebleeds and menstrual cycle variability may be important concerns as some researcher move toward therapeutic effects of pheromones. "Our results indicate that saffron odor exert some effects in the treatment of PMS, dysmenorrhea and irregular menstruation."

Your experience emphasizes the need to approach this more scientifically, with the use of animal models for comparison, which is what I did in my latest published paper. Few people are going to read my published works because of their technical nature. But I hope to ensure that others are minimally aware of the difference between tossing some relatively unknown chemicals with "clever" names into a mix that may result in something less effective that products developed based on current scientific knowledge.

I don't know what alpha androstenol is or what beta androstenol is, or who determined that they might be human pheromones, as opposed per se to those who have reported on the effects of androstenol on luteinizing hormone and mood in women.

Since I often get the impression that people are just making up their claims for use of different chemicals, I don't bother to check on such things. Even the use of androstadienone fell into question with a report from colleagues that it had no effect on behavior in couples.

Thank you for posting such interesting and thorough information.

Life's a garden; dig it

my journal:

http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Fun-Times-and-Pheromones
04-15-2012 1:00 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Experiences with Scent of Eros Ancillian 6 2,966 08-24-2015 8:08 PM
Last Post: Ancillian
  Scent of Eros experiences & review svh69 8 7,066 01-06-2014 11:52 PM
Last Post: Aero-el
  The Scent of Eros: Versace claims to come up with a fantastic name jvkohl 0 1,408 07-14-2013 5:39 PM
Last Post: jvkohl
  Scent of Eros Product review video jvkohl 0 2,692 03-02-2011 12:35 PM
Last Post: jvkohl