Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sauvage by Christian Dior
raikahoken
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 444
Thanks received:
398 thanks in 171 posts

RE: Sauvage by Christian Dior
01-28-2016 7:49 PM

Nice discussion we have here! Theory might be all well and good, but how about in practice? In practice, AD's hedione enhanced formulas flopped big time. I have no doubt there have been many fragrances that contain hedione have been ladykillers, but those guys weren't using pheromones as well were they? Used with pheromones, the effects haven't been good, as in the case of AD and also dsouza's experience covering AM with Sauvage. Anybody else has covered mones with hedione-heavy colognes? Please share!!

NP17, what cologne do you use to cover Kane?

XS: XiSt, SOB, Love Boat, Cohesion, Connections, Ascend, Evolve Oil, XiSt oil, A-1, taboo*, bliss*, exotica*, evolve*
Apex: Core, Titan^, Orbital, Imprint, Dionysos, M3X, Atlas, Style, Solomon, Houdini, sex magnet*, chamber 36*
LPMP: Men's Sampler Pack
LAL: Wolf, Asian for Asian, Nude Alpha, Max-T-150, SXD-9, Voodoo, NA gel, A-1, OD*, DP*, Hypnotica*, BW*, AV gel*, Primitive*, Nude*
Love Scent: NNPA
Alpha Dream: L2K v1 (50ml post-H + none concentrate), AM*
Androtics: TAC
PT: Captain oil, GOA*, Z69*

*sample
^ran out
KIV: Bad Wolf, Tusc, Hypnotica, Titan restock
01-28-2016 7:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by dsouza

GoergeFocky
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 140
Thanks received:
484 thanks in 233 posts

01-29-2016 2:46 AM

(01-28-2016 4:44 PM)NP17 Wrote:  Well you seem pretty confident but you're not the only one Blum

Looks like it. It's because I have some additional insights in how the receptor-activation caused by hed are translated in psychological effects on women (by contacting the research group, but since the results are unpublished yet, I will not tell any details here, they have understandibly not provided much anyway - one thing I can say is that Dr.NSSL's hunch was very inspired) and by speaking with an actual industry perfumer about what their lot thinks about Hedione and the recent revelations on it.

I stand to my thesis on why hedione did not work so well in a tried and true phero-blend with established mone-ratios. Even one drop of hedione into a bottle could represent and overdose/overbuffering). And I prefer "theroretical" anytime when it is confounded by high-quality research, over anecdotal reports by guys who are obviously preoccupied with anything "ESTish" (bad, catabolic, blah blah, but any dubious supplement on the market that might lower cortiosol/raise test/influences endocrine status is allright) - even more so when a connection between EST and Hedione is indicated nowhere, it's pure fantasy.
I'm also not one to belive the "EST won't get you laid/makes you a woman" claim anyway.
I've worn EST a few times in singe digit-ranges and over 50mcg and it did not effiminate me in interaction with men or women and it did not barred me from sexual intercourse.

To conclude my point: I will still use hedione-containing fragrances confidently in conjunction with phero-products or as a direct cover-scent but would not mix undiluted hedione into a phero-blend.
There are many many reports about fragrance covered mone-applications over the years where users state to have had great success with it. The majority would have been fragrances with hedione. Aqua Vitae scented comes in a sort of AdG fragrance right? There will be hedione in it. Treasures offers a AdG-clone cover scent. There will be hedione in it. And I imagine LovePotion makes good use of hedione as well.
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2016 2:55 AM by GoergeFocky.)
01-29-2016 2:46 AM
Thanks given by raikahoken, Asian_guy_in_Taiwan
NP17
Minor deity

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 539
Thanks received:
1047 thanks in 535 posts

01-29-2016 4:14 AM

I use Ralph Lauren Polo Blue to cover Kane and get inconsistent results. I need to test this more, but blending the eau de toilette and gel seems to cover the None smell all day. I'm still undecided how it affects diffusion and respect hits. I think it may be a negative for that.

As for hedione, I am still skeptical but ultimately undecided on using it in a cover. There are not only diffusion issues but also pheromone effects and interactions with other pheromones. You seem to know way more about the research, and at the risk of sounding like an idiot, I'll say that I don't so much trust studies that look at neural activation instead of subjective results for a variety of reasons.
01-29-2016 4:14 AM
Thanks given by GoergeFocky, raikahoken
GoergeFocky
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 140
Thanks received:
484 thanks in 233 posts

01-29-2016 6:25 AM

(01-29-2016 4:14 AM)NP17 Wrote:  I use Ralph Lauren Polo Blue to cover Kane and get inconsistent results. I need to test this more, but blending the eau de toilette and gel seems to cover the None smell all day. I'm still undecided how it affects diffusion and respect hits. I think it may be a negative for that.

As for hedione, I am still skeptical but ultimately undecided on using it in a cover. There are not only diffusion issues but also pheromone effects and interactions with other pheromones. You seem to know way more about the research, and at the risk of sounding like an idiot, I'll say that I don't so much trust studies that look at neural activation instead of subjective results for a variety of reasons.

I perfectly understand that point of view. And this is not supposed to be another "who the fu** is right" thread. We have posted different information on hedione and it is up to us monists what to make of it in our personal use.
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2016 6:26 AM by GoergeFocky.)
01-29-2016 6:25 AM
Snoopyace

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 2488
Thanks received:
3426 thanks in 1511 posts

01-29-2016 7:45 AM

All I can say is that I use H2000- read that H20-oh-oh- (which contains Hedione) from Love Potion to cover SXD-9 and I have consistently gotten good results that seemed to me to be at least as good as SXD-9 uncovered or with a non-hedione containing scent.

"The bill comes due. Always!" To take umbrage

If only closed minds came with closed mouths. Razz
01-29-2016 7:45 AM
Thanks given by raikahoken

raikahoken
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
398 thanks in 171 posts

01-29-2016 7:52 AM

Well I guess there's only one way to find out whether Sauvage works for my mones: try it out! Thanks for the discussion people, I'll report back once I've done some testing!

XS: XiSt, SOB, Love Boat, Cohesion, Connections, Ascend, Evolve Oil, XiSt oil, A-1, taboo*, bliss*, exotica*, evolve*
Apex: Core, Titan^, Orbital, Imprint, Dionysos, M3X, Atlas, Style, Solomon, Houdini, sex magnet*, chamber 36*
LAL: Wolf, Asian for Asian, Nude Alpha, Max-T-150, SXD-9, Voodoo, NA gel, A-1, OD*, DP*, Hypnotica*, BW*, AV gel*, Primitive*, Nude*

*sample
^ran out
01-29-2016 7:52 AM
Thanks given by Snoopyace
lullijomazaa
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 20
Thanks received:
4 thanks in 4 posts

05-11-2016 6:52 PM

Was wondering if Eau Savage Intense also has hedione in it ?
Would appreciate input from you Cologne experts.
05-11-2016 6:52 PM
raikahoken
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
398 thanks in 171 posts

05-11-2016 8:08 PM

After trying Sauvage many times, I decide that I'm not going to buy it. It's a strange fragrance. Its projection and longevity are seriously beastly. Sometimes too much tbh. It smells nice when you smell it from afar, but when you put your nose to the app point, it's really harsh and synthetic. I think it's a frag for work / socializing, not for dates / close encounter situation. And the few times I wore it to cover my mones, I don't see the mones's effect. Need more testing to be sure, but I'm not buying it.

*sample
^ran out
05-11-2016 8:08 PM
lullijomazaa
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 20
Thanks received:
4 thanks in 4 posts

05-12-2016 9:56 PM

I heard a lot of the old classics were reformulated when new rules came out in 2012-2013.
05-12-2016 9:56 PM

TurtlePowers
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks received:
2 thanks in 2 posts

09-20-2016 8:08 PM

Anyone noticed that ysl la nuit and Bleu de Chanel are great for female compliments. Gourmands like ultra zest and pure malt also. Old CH men, channel allure homme to.
09-20-2016 8:08 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Eau Sauvage dorfmeister 4 1,615 07-08-2015 3:07 AM
Last Post: phero hacker