Hello There, Guest! Register

2 users browsing this thread: (0 members, and 2 guests).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sauvage by Christian Dior
raikahoken
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 444
Thanks received:
398 thanks in 171 posts

RE: Sauvage by Christian Dior
01-28-2016 9:59 AM

Anyone tried using it as cover?

XS: XiSt, SOB, Love Boat, Cohesion, Connections, Ascend, Evolve Oil, XiSt oil, A-1, taboo*, bliss*, exotica*, evolve*
Apex: Core, Titan^, Orbital, Imprint, Dionysos, M3X, Atlas, Style, Solomon, Houdini, sex magnet*, chamber 36*
LPMP: Men's Sampler Pack
LAL: Wolf, Asian for Asian, Nude Alpha, Max-T-150, SXD-9, Voodoo, NA gel, A-1, OD*, DP*, Hypnotica*, BW*, AV gel*, Primitive*, Nude*
Love Scent: NNPA
Alpha Dream: L2K v1 (50ml post-H + none concentrate), AM*
Androtics: TAC
PT: Captain oil, GOA*, Z69*

*sample
^ran out
KIV: Bad Wolf, Tusc, Hypnotica, Titan restock
01-28-2016 9:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dsouza

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 2198
Thanks received:
2364 thanks in 1255 posts

01-28-2016 10:28 AM

I like this Sauvage 2015 a lot but don't know if the H kills it or makes It with women.

With Sauvage I got complimented the first day I wore it out.. like I mentioned.. An older 55 y,o granny felt the need to tell me she was basically intoxicated by my smell even though I was sitting down alone with my SO having a meal. Hmmm.. I was covering Am with Sauvage that day and noticed it was rather too social and impotent.

I have worn Aventus 20 times or so been only complimented once, and that too was by a guy. A woman has never complimented me on aventus....

Dsouza

My Journal:
http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Dsouza-s-Jo...-Seduction
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2016 10:28 AM by dsouza.)
01-28-2016 10:28 AM
Thanks given by raikahoken
NP17
Minor deity

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 539
Thanks received:
1047 thanks in 535 posts

01-28-2016 1:38 PM

Hedione is a bit controversial, but Chris from AD took all the hedione out of his products and refunded his customers. I think it's considered a bad thing by most pheromone enthusiasts at this point.

So what's a good eau de parfum with good projection, last a really long time, and doesn't contain any hedione?
01-28-2016 1:38 PM

GoergeFocky
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 140
Thanks received:
483 thanks in 233 posts

01-28-2016 2:11 PM

Hedione is one of the few scientifically proven substances with sex-differenciated pheromonal activity. I

I repeat myself, it's most likely not the MOA of hedione that interfered with Chris' stuff, but it's somewhat curious properties as both a diffusion and sillage enhancer and a fixative.
It messed up how the mones diffused or stayed on the skin and was way too much in proportion to them.

So much male perfumes use it, since decades. It's very likely attractive to females, surely not reppeling or betafying or some such thing.

It is mostly used as a defining component in floral(jasmine/magnolia), tea, citiric, aquatic and some herbal/aromatic aspects of perfume notes, in that order/quantity.
A very woody/aromatic fragance without floral notes could be free of it.
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2016 2:13 PM by GoergeFocky.)
01-28-2016 2:11 PM
Thanks given by Asian_guy_in_Taiwan
NP17
Minor deity

Rep Post

Thanks received:
1047 thanks in 535 posts

01-28-2016 2:22 PM

(01-28-2016 2:11 PM)GoergeFocky Wrote:  Hedione is one of the few scientifically proven substances with sex-differenciated pheromonal activity. I

I repeat myself, it's most likely not the MOA of hedione that interfered with Chris' stuff, but it's somewhat curious properties as both a diffusion and sillage enhancer and a fixative.
It messed up how the mones diffused or stayed on the skin and was way too much in proportion to them.

So much male perfumes use it, since decades. It's very likely attractive to females, surely not reppeling or betafying or some such thing.

It is mostly used as a defining component in floral(jasmine/magnolia), tea, citiric, aquatic and some herbal/aromatic aspects of perfume notes, in that order/quantity.
A very woody/aromatic fragance without floral notes could be free of it.

I know that some people consider hedione to be "EST-like" but I don't know why, so I'll leave it at that. Your claims seem to have more evidence behind them as the hedione-containing fragrances are considered "ladykillers" and have been for a long time.

If it changes diffusion, would it be bad used as a cover? Anyone have any experience with hedione-containing scents used as a cover?

I'm looking for a better cover for my Kane gel. It's unscented, loaded with Androstenone, and super long-lasting. I'm getting grief from None-smellers, and I want something that will cover it for at least 12 hours. Preferably 16-24 hours which is a much better estimate of Kane's duration. If I mix in some eau de toilette directly with the gel, instead of just spraying it over, it helps a lot, but I'm also considering getting a longer lasting cologne to use as a cover. If I did get something, I'd want it to not only last long but improve the projection instead of hampering it.

The problem with this is that who knows how hedione affects the diffusion of the new gels???
01-28-2016 2:22 PM
GoergeFocky
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
483 thanks in 233 posts

01-28-2016 2:41 PM

EST-like is a completely unbased claim. The studies suggest the contrary in fact. It activates female brain regions much stronger than male's. EST would be vice versa.
01-28-2016 2:41 PM
NP17
Minor deity

Rep Post

Thanks received:
1047 thanks in 535 posts

01-28-2016 2:59 PM

(01-28-2016 2:41 PM)GoergeFocky Wrote:  EST-like is a completely unbased claim. The studies suggest the contrary in fact. It activates female brain regions much stronger than male's. EST would be vice versa.

http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Alpha-Dream...he-Hedione

Quote:We have pulled from inventory all of the men’s products containing Hedione as of Friday (07-10-15) and we have discarded all remaining formula for men containing Hedione. This weekend we are manufacturing fresh batches of Alfa Maschio, LIIK version 1 and 2, Certo, and L’uomo Amore. All of the men’s products will be Hedione free guaranteed by 7/13/2015, the rest of our products for women and our unisex formulas that we currently have in inventory will sell out, since we have not received negative feedback with these products containing Hedione. After the limited supply remaining of Women’s products, Glace, and Corporativo have sold out, the next batches made will be Hedione-free.

Chris only received negative reports from men's formulas containing hedione.

http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Alpha-Dream...th-Hedione

Quote:The study (click to read) concludes that this compound, which is a chemically modified isolate of the Jasmine Plant, activates the human pheromone receptor through the same mechanism that androstadienone or estratetraenol exert their effects.
01-28-2016 2:59 PM

NP17
Minor deity

Rep Post

Thanks received:
1047 thanks in 535 posts

01-28-2016 3:11 PM

Maybe I'm misinterpreting the explanation. Maybe "mechanism that androstadienone or estratetraenol exert their effects" is just shorthand for "pheromone." Anyone read German?
01-28-2016 3:11 PM
GoergeFocky
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
483 thanks in 233 posts

01-28-2016 4:13 PM

(01-28-2016 3:11 PM)NP17 Wrote:  Maybe I'm misinterpreting the explanation. Maybe "mechanism that androstadienone or estratetraenol exert their effects" is just shorthand for "pheromone." Anyone read German?

Me, being german ;)
The blog entry does not tell anything about hedione and it' mone-properties. And yes, Androstadienone and EST use the same mechanism/bind to the same receptor as hedione - that's all what it says and does not mean they exhibit the same effects.

Again, I'm sure the bad reports were due to kinetic/physical and quantitive reasons rather than pheromonal. Chris would not have used hedione in the first place if he doubted the promising pheromonal effects for attract-female blends.
And I remember some not too bad reports about in the Hedione/Alpha Dreams thread .... But forget about the EST bollocks.
Dr.Notsostrangelove, one of the most skilled posters here, described how the shape and weight of the hed-molecule suggested effects similar to -none and -dienone on the receptors.
01-28-2016 4:13 PM
NP17
Minor deity

Rep Post

Thanks received:
1047 thanks in 535 posts

01-28-2016 4:44 PM

Well you seem pretty confident but you're not the only one Blum