Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Ron Paul: War-monger Obama should have returned Nobel Award
mark-in-dallas
Dumb Guy That Pays The Bills

Sex: Male

Ron Paul: War-monger Obama should have returned Nobel Award
12-11-2009 12:05 PM

Go Ron!

The older I get the less threatening a life sentence sounds

Sympathy for the Devil only results in victimized angels.
12-11-2009 12:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
renny
Serious Poster

Rep Post

RE: Ron Paul: War-monger Obama should have returned Nobel Award
12-12-2009 1:32 PM

Ron Paul is awesome. Is this Russian TV? Just curious.

The Androstenone Discussion
12-12-2009 1:32 PM
mark-in-dallas

12-12-2009 2:53 PM

I believe so, here's a link to info on the broadcasting company:

12-12-2009 2:53 PM
Phya
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

12-17-2009 12:33 AM

So......how did he get the award anyways? I mean, sure he doesn't deserve the award because he hasn't really accomplished much, but I don't think he should get criticism for being awarded the nobel prize. Unless I'm mistaken, I'm pretty sure Obama didn't have much say over whether or not he is selected as the recipient for the award. But, yes, I do think he could have turned it down, but honestly, would you?

And..war-monger? I mean, okay, he hasn't completely withdrawn troops in combat (in fact, the opposite), but I'm pretty sure the title of war-monger goes to the guy that actually started the war..

Maybe I'm not up to date on my Obama news Smile

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma... which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
-Steve Jobs
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2009 12:34 AM by Phya.)
12-17-2009 12:33 AM
mark-in-dallas

12-17-2009 9:44 AM

Well, as I recall he did promise to pull our troops out of Iraq, yet I've heard nothing on a plan to do so since he was elected, and it looks like the only way we'll ever pull out is on Iraq's time line.

And, he's sending another 30,000 troops into Afghanistan.  In my mind that is furthering a war that we don't belong in.

We're supposedly only in Afghanistan because the Taliban refused to turn over Bin Laden.  But, I've read credible information that after their initial refusal and it was clear that Bush was going to invade, they did repeatedly try to turn him over to us, but Bush's war machine refused to talk to them.

And, we are in Iraq because Saddam supposedly was developing or had WMD's, and because he supported and helped fund Bin Laden.  I'm not a political major, and definitely didn't have access to CIA intelligence, but even I was smart enough to know that Saddam didn't have WMD's, and that he wasn't in bed with Bin Laden because he was far to liberal.  Bin Laden would never have even accepted his help.  Al Queda was never in Iraq, until we waged war and killed the only guy that's ever been able top keep that country in-line!  And we're now fighting the same people that Saddam was executed for killing!

I realize that Obama didn't start the wars, but he's doing nothing to end them, and at least with Afghanistan, there was a lesson to be learned from the Soviet Union's failure over 30 years at trying to win a war with Afghanistan.

We've been lied to for almost 9 years now, and lost thousands and thousands of soldiers, in wars that we don't belong in, and have nothing to do with the reasons we were told!  They're about oil, period!

So yeah, I'm sorry,  but as far as I can tell Obama's done nothing to stand behind his campaign promises of ending the wars, and as far as I'm concerned Ron Paul is right.  Him getting a Nobel Peace Prize in the same month that he sent another 30,000 american troops off to war is a fucking joke!

12-17-2009 9:44 AM

Bosshank
Not so Junior Member

Rep Post

12-17-2009 9:50 AM

Giving Barack Obama the Nobel Prize was done in order to insult George W. Bush because they did not like him (Bush) as opposed to giving it to someone who had actually done something to earn it. As such I will not take the Nobel Peace Prize too seriously anymore.

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2009 9:51 AM by Bosshank.)
12-17-2009 9:50 AM
mark-in-dallas

12-17-2009 9:57 AM

(12-17-2009 9:50 AM)Bosshank Wrote:  

Giving Barack Obama the Nobel Prize was done in order to insult George W. Bush because they did not like him (Bush)

Ok, so does that mean that Grammy's and Oscar's are going to start being awarded to bad actors and actresses now too?   :P

Regardless of the reason he got it, it was a horrible blow to the prestige of the award, and an insult to all the other deserving recipients!

12-17-2009 9:57 AM
Bosshank
Not so Junior Member

Rep Post

12-17-2009 12:11 PM

(12-17-2009 9:57 AM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  Regardless of the reason he got it, it was a horrible blow to the prestige of the award, and an insult to all the other deserving recipients!

That is the message I was trying to convey - and the reason it will be difficult for me to take any future awards seriously.

12-17-2009 12:11 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  I Think Ron Paul Just Dropped Out Of The Race mark-in-dallas 10 5,024 05-17-2012 4:07 PM
Last Post: mark-in-dallas
  Ron Paul Releases His Restore America Plan! mark-in-dallas 16 6,072 02-11-2012 4:32 PM
Last Post: Pheroquirk
  Ron Paul's Nail in the Floor Speach mark-in-dallas 3 2,256 05-29-2011 2:39 AM
Last Post: mark-in-dallas