Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I Think Ron Paul Just Dropped Out Of The Race
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1000
Thanks received:
2702 thanks in 1237 posts

I Think Ron Paul Just Dropped Out Of The Race
05-14-2012 5:21 PM

I'm not quite sure just what to make of it, and while Ron did not say he is dropping out of the race, the message he just sent to his followers and posted on his website leads me to believe that he just may be conceding the race to Romney.

Below is the statement he posted on his website, and while he only says he's giving up actively campaigning in states that haven't yet voted, this statement sounds more to me like a concession rather than a campaign redirection.

Quote:“This campaign fought hard and won electoral success that the talking heads and pundits never thought possible. But, this campaign is also about more than just the 2012 election.

Quote:Ron Paul Statement on Campaign Going Forward

“We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future.” – Ron Paul

LAKE JACKSON, Texas – 2012 Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul issued the following statement to supporters and the general public concerning the continuation of his historic bid for the GOP nomination.

The statement tees up forthcoming information the campaign will release concerning its fruitful delegate-attainment strategy still occurring at delegate-selection events such as state conventions ahead of the Republican National Convention in Tampa.

Below please find comments from Congressman Paul:

“As I reflect on our 2012 Presidential campaign, I am humbled by the supporters who have worked so hard and sacrificed so much. And I am so proud of what we have accomplished. We will not stop until we have restored what once made America the greatest country in human history.

“This campaign fought hard and won electoral success that the talking heads and pundits never thought possible. But, this campaign is also about more than just the 2012 election. It has been part of a quest I began 40 years ago and that so many have joined. It is about the campaign for Liberty, which has taken a tremendous leap forward in this election and will continue to grow stronger in the future until we finally win.

“Our campaign will continue to work in the state convention process. We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future.

“Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted. Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have. I encourage all supporters of Liberty to make sure you get to the polls and make your voices heard, particularly in the local, state, and Congressional elections, where so many defenders of Freedom are fighting and need your support.

“I hope all supporters of Liberty will remain deeply involved – become delegates, win office, and take leadership positions. I will be right there with you. In the coming days, my campaign leadership will lay out to you our delegate strategy and what you can do to help, so please stay tuned.

For Liberty,

Ron Paul.”

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....

A guilty conscience can be more cruel a judge than any court of law. In the end its not how many toys we had, and all that we ever were is the impressions we left on those we leave behind.

Live life as you want to be remembered when you're gone!
05-14-2012 5:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Beccah
Queen of the Bs

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks received:
277 thanks in 364 posts

RE: I Think Ron Paul Just Dropped Out Of The Race
05-14-2012 5:32 PM

:'-( I'm still writing Ron Paul in when I vote, it will be a cold day in hell before I just give my vote to either Romney or Obama.
05-14-2012 5:32 PM
Thanks given by mark-in-dallas, AlternativeGirl
Data4
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 67
Thanks received:
402 thanks in 146 posts

05-15-2012 4:27 AM

Romney most certainly wasn't my first choice of an opponent against Obama, but I'm not throwing my vote away. If the RNC put up the half corroded grille of a 1948 Ford covered in decades of pigeon shit as the nominee, that's where my vote would go at this point.
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2012 4:27 AM by Data4.)
05-15-2012 4:27 AM
Thanks given by Curiosity
terry0400-40

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1741
Thanks received:
1797 thanks in 874 posts

05-15-2012 7:04 AM

(05-14-2012 5:32 PM)Beccah Wrote:  :'-( I'm still writing Ron Paul in when I vote, it will be a cold day in hell before I just give my vote to either Romney or Obama.
With me being an ozzy i really dont know any of these guys although for some reason i have the idea that this Romney bloke may be a devout Christian type of person, anyway is he unpopular with most folks or does he have a good degree of public support, thanks, terry . . . TAB . . . .

My thread:> http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Sex-pills-a...nt-reviews[Image: harmonious2013300x26713.png][Image: slsckpt.jpg]
05-15-2012 7:04 AM
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Rep Post

Thanks received:

05-15-2012 9:59 AM

Romny for some reason is and has been the republican party's poster boy from the start. Why, I have no fucking clue!

I am not sure if he's still involved or not, but Romney also headed up Bain Capital, which buys up companies with investment capital and is supposed to generate profits for their investors, but the reality seems to be that they milk, borrow and bleed the companies into insolvency while at the same time racking up huge management and operating fees for themselves, leaving little for the true investors, and in the end these companies that were once prosperious are left bankrupt and employees without the benefits that they struggled so hard to earn.

He is among the ultra rich and doesn't give a damn abut us hard workig common folk, or those that he's left unemployed.

Does this sound like a conversation with a politician that cares about any of us?

Quote:FERRECHIO: Turning to you, Governor Romney, you've suggested replacing government jobless benefits with individual unemployment savings accounts. Jobless benefits for millions of Americans are about to expire in just a few months. If you were president right now, would you extend them?

ROMNEY: We got a lot of people out of work. We got a president that has a entirely failed economic policy and, frankly, doesn't know what to do to get this economy going again. Surely we're going to help those people who can't find other ways to care for themselves.

But the most important thing we're talking about tonight is making sure that President Obama is replaced by someone who knows how to get this economy going again. That's what this debate is really about. And that's what the American people want to understand.

Unemployment benefits, I think they've gone on a long, long, long time. We have to find ways to reduce our spending on a lot of the anti-poverty programs and unemployment programs. But I would far rather see a reform of our unemployment system, to allow people to have a personal account which they're able to draw from as opposed to having endless unemployment benefits.

So, again, let's reform the system, make the system work better by giving people responsibility for their own employment opportunities and having that account, rather than doling out year after year more money from an unemployment system.

FERRECHIO: Just a quick follow. So would you sign a bill to extend unemployment insurance if you were president right now?

ROMNEY: If I were president right now, I would go to Congress with a new system for unemployment, which would have specific accounts from which people could withdraw their own funds. And I would not put in place a continuation of the current plan.

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....

A guilty conscience can be more cruel a judge than any court of law. In the end its not how many toys we had, and all that we ever were is the impressions we left on those we leave behind.

05-15-2012 9:59 AM
Thanks given by terry0400-40, Lexy

Beccah
Queen of the Bs

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks received:
277 thanks in 364 posts

05-15-2012 2:58 PM

Thank you Mark! I can't stand Romney. He's been caught using illegal immigrants as labor around his house for Jiminy Cricket's sake!
By writing Ron Paul in, I am not throwing my vote away. This is a free country & I'm entitled to vote (legally) anyway I want to. Anyway, looking at Google stats v. media push, Ron Paul was the real winner of the primary races. Lord knows there is a crap ton of election fraud going on these days & I truly believe that the American people's rights (& Ron Paul's bid) have been a casualty of this unpunished type of fraud. Think about it; voter fraud undermines the very basis of American democracy, yet is merely a misdemeanor offense! It should should be an offense that is punishable with loss of voting privileges for the guilty parties. However, my point is that I will not be herded by the media into the "anybody but Obama camp". Just for the simple fact that if the owners of this country want him to win, he will. They don't need my vote to make that unpleasant fact a reality.
Please do not take any offense to my post, these are my opinions & I don't think any less of people that have different mindsets than my own Smile
05-15-2012 2:58 PM
Thanks given by terry0400-40, Lexy, AlternativeGirl, mark-in-dallas
Lexy
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 695
Thanks received:
450 thanks in 225 posts

05-15-2012 3:20 PM

I read on his site that he has not dropped out?

05-15-2012 3:20 PM
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Rep Post

Thanks received:

05-15-2012 7:26 PM

He hasn't officially conceded, true, but he has effectively dropped out of the race, and is now really just trying to get time on the floor in Florida.

05-15-2012 7:26 PM
Thanks given by Lexy
Pheroquirk
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1538
Thanks received:
460 thanks in 198 posts

05-16-2012 1:00 PM

I rather suspect that the movement he was instrumental in giving form to will not be going away, although it might take some time before it is recognized to have power. Capturing the culture is really the first step, and at least today there is a real opposition to the Establishment here.
05-16-2012 1:00 PM
Thanks given by dbot, mark-in-dallas

fuzzcat
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 93
Thanks received:
131 thanks in 55 posts

05-17-2012 4:15 PM

They took his channel off of youtube and some people still don't believe in voter fraud. This is ridiculous! They're not even trying to be secretive about it anymore.
05-17-2012 4:15 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Ron Paul Releases His Restore America Plan! mark-in-dallas 16 908 02-11-2012 5:32 PM
Last Post: Pheroquirk
  Ron Paul: War-monger Obama should have returned Nobel Award mark-in-dallas 7 688 12-17-2009 1:11 PM
Last Post: Bosshank