Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Renny's Essential Oils
InnerPower
Getting comfortable

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 46
Thanks received:
16 thanks in 13 posts

RE: Renny's Essential Oils
03-16-2016 9:11 AM

Do you guys read the same text I write. It's like I'm hallucinating.

@Superjoy can you quote me where did I say EO doesn't work?

@Renny I don't have an issue with you personally but with every seller that sell something they doesn't know the proper way to use. I never said EO would kill you. But it could harm your health the way you mentioned to used them (in water).

May I quote you lack of knowlegwe again " A drop of peppermint eo in a cup of warm water is the equivelent of 28 cups of peppermint tea"

At least admit that it's something you would be supposed to know as a seller or an advertiser. It's such a huge lie or lack of knowledge to say that the herbal remedy that our ancestor used to cure some disease are the same as the concentrated oil in water or even diluted in vegetable oils.

Most of the remedy our ancestor used are herbs macerated in water or the herbs directly on the infected area. Essential oils are volatile parts that doesn't mix with water so it can be very different. It doesn't mean it doesn't work, it means we don't know if it works as most of the old remedies are not essential oils based, they are herbs macerated in water.
For example Tea tree remedy wasn't use as essential oil by the Australian Aboriginal.
03-16-2016 9:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Ekscentra
Foremost Eccentric

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1963
Thanks received:
2211 thanks in 1287 posts

03-16-2016 4:07 PM

(03-16-2016 9:11 AM)InnerPower Wrote:  Do you guys read the same text I write. It's like I'm hallucinating.

@Superjoy can you quote me where did I say EO doesn't work?

@Renny I don't have an issue with you personally but with every seller that sell something they doesn't know the proper way to use. I never said EO would kill you. But it could harm your health the way you mentioned to used them (in water).

May I quote you lack of knowlegwe again " A drop of peppermint eo in a cup of warm water is the equivelent of 28 cups of peppermint tea"

At least admit that it's something you would be supposed to know as a seller or an advertiser. It's such a huge lie or lack of knowledge to say that the herbal remedy that our ancestor used to cure some disease are the same as the concentrated oil in water or even diluted in vegetable oils.

Most of the remedy our ancestor used are herbs macerated in water or the herbs directly on the infected area. Essential oils are volatile parts that doesn't mix with water so it can be very different. It doesn't mean it doesn't work, it means we don't know if it works as most of the old remedies are not essential oils based, they are herbs macerated in water.
For example Tea tree remedy wasn't use as essential oil by the Australian Aboriginal.

Although he may have worded it harshly in the beginning (to say the least), he's right. We don't know for certain if these remedies will work the same being prepared in this manner. Tread with caution, and go easy on the dose. Many people cook with essential oils. At the very least, we have a plethora of anecdotal evidence to guide us, but it's important to recognize the limits of anecdotal evidence.

And it's true that, while Doterra's level of quality is a cut above some other mainstream suppliers, they're far from the best out there - from a perfumer's standpoint (as opposed to an aromatherapist), there are better options. Aftelier, Profumo, Lotus Garden Botanicals, White Lotus Botanicals, Victorie-Inc, Hermitage...these are the ones I'd look into. Eden Botanicals, Enfleurage and Liberty Naturals just below that.

I'd be more inclined to trust an essential oil from a reputable supplier designed specifically for use in food and beverages. Take a look at this for what I have in mind:

03-16-2016 4:07 PM
Thanks given by InnerPower
TongRen
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 62
Thanks received:
96 thanks in 61 posts

03-16-2016 10:44 PM

(03-16-2016 4:07 PM)Ekscentra Wrote:  Although he may have worded it harshly in the beginning (to say the least), he's right. We don't know for certain if these remedies will work the same being prepared in this manner. Tread with caution, and go easy on the dose. Many people cook with essential oils. At the very least, we have a plethora of anecdotal evidence to guide us, but it's important to recognize the limits of anecdotal evidence.

And it's true that, while Doterra's level of quality is a cut above some other mainstream suppliers, they're far from the best out there - from a perfumer's standpoint (as opposed to an aromatherapist), there are better options. Aftelier, Profumo, Lotus Garden Botanicals, White Lotus Botanicals, Victorie-Inc, Hermitage...these are the ones I'd look into. Eden Botanicals, Enfleurage and Liberty Naturals just below that.

I'd be more inclined to trust an essential oil from a reputable supplier designed specifically for use in food and beverages. Take a look at this for what I have in mind:

Not to mention Doterra's business model, which is a huge turn-off. Eden is a tremendous supplier.
03-16-2016 10:44 PM
SuperJoy
New to Pheromones, Not Life.

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 672
Thanks received:
322 thanks in 178 posts

03-18-2016 10:21 AM

(03-16-2016 9:11 AM)InnerPower Wrote:  @Superjoy can you quote me where did I say EO doesn't work?

Sure thing.

(03-14-2016 12:25 AM)InnerPower Wrote:  

From the washingtonpost, this is not a fact and it might be false so further research should be done.

Posting an article that undermines the effectiveness of EOs to support your point isn't using the point they don't work? Maybe you are hallucinating dude. Although, to be honest, I stopped reading your posts because of you poor attitude.

(03-16-2016 4:07 PM)Ekscentra Wrote:  And it's true that, while Doterra's level of quality is a cut above some other mainstream suppliers, they're far from the best out there - from a perfumer's standpoint (as opposed to an aromatherapist), there are better options.

I suppose I'm looking for something the is great for the perfumers and aromatherapist perspective. Is Doterra not food grade? I thought they were..

Seems like everything I believe can only have anecdotal evidence.

Pheromone Treasures: Capt, THU, GOA, Swoon, AOA, EFZ*, z69*
Love Scent: NPA
Alpha Dream: Glace (slow)
Androtics Direct: TAC 5mcg, A314
Hax: X22
LAL: Wolf, SXD-9, DP, Max T-150, Aqua Vitae*
pheromoneXS: Evolve, Cohesion, Bliss, Celebrity
Apex: M3X, Titan, TUSC.

Working on a magical Cover...
03-18-2016 10:21 AM
Ekscentra
Foremost Eccentric

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1963
Thanks received:
2211 thanks in 1287 posts

03-18-2016 12:45 PM

I do believe Doterra is good-grade. I was only speaking from a (subjective) quality standpoint. I find some of the other suppliers I've mentioned superior to Doterra, sometimes significantly so. To someone who is not a perfumer or who isn't hypersensitive to sensory details, the difference may not be so large. Most people will be perfectly satisfied with Doterra, including many perfumers. The most meticulous of us may want to look elsewhere.
03-18-2016 12:45 PM
Thanks given by SuperJoy

SuperJoy

Rep Post

Thanks received:
322 thanks in 178 posts

03-19-2016 9:33 AM

(03-18-2016 12:45 PM)Ekscentra Wrote:  To someone who is not a perfumer or who isn't hypersensitive to sensory details, the difference may not be so large. Most people will be perfectly satisfied with Doterra, including many perfumers. The most meticulous of us may want to look elsewhere.

Haha, I'm starting to think that my hypersensitivity to sensory details suck when it comes to scents. I smelt this Vetiver for the first time and was really disappointed. My girl had this puzzled look on her face. She loves it, "you could rub it over my entire body and I would not be upset."

Over all I think the Doterra are really nice smelling. So far they seem super high quality. I'm happy with my purchase but I got a really good deal too. We are the trying out the digestzen on the dog thats having some issues. The Elevation is going in the diffuser for at home use. The vetiver is apparently for dousing all over women while confusing me why they like it. On_the_quiet

03-19-2016 9:33 AM
Thanks given by renny
InnerPower
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 46
Thanks received:
16 thanks in 13 posts

03-21-2016 12:28 PM

(03-18-2016 10:21 AM)SuperJoy Wrote:  Sure thing.

(03-14-2016 12:25 AM)InnerPower Wrote:  

From the washingtonpost, this is not a fact and it might be false so further research should be done.

Posting an article that undermines the effectiveness of EOs to support your point isn't using the point they don't work? Maybe you are hallucinating dude. Although, to be honest, I stopped reading your posts because of you poor attitude.

(03-16-2016 4:07 PM)Ekscentra Wrote:  And it's true that, while Doterra's level of quality is a cut above some other mainstream suppliers, they're far from the best out there - from a perfumer's standpoint (as opposed to an aromatherapist), there are better options.

I suppose I'm looking for something the is great for the perfumers and aromatherapist perspective. Is Doterra not food grade? I thought they were..

Seems like everything I believe can only have anecdotal evidence.

I didn't read completely the article. When I was searching for the best company that sell essential oils 8 month ago I found countless articles mentioning Doterra and their bad practices.
From my point of view I can't trust Doterra even though I never test any of their essential oils.
Doterra practices are shady, I can't trust them. The internet is full of articles mentioning them and what they do seems to prove that. Here it's the FDA talking about them. It doesn't mean I agree with what the author said. It is just one articles mentioning them, and they are tons of them everywhere. During my work with EO I also fall upon a constant bombardment of propaganda from them, so I'm pretty tired to read about them all the time. It doesn't mean their product doesn't work though.

Maybe I have a poor attitude like you said. From my point of view I'm getting angry because we are being lied about what the product is and what it really does. Sometime it's not done on purpose, it's a lack of knowledge.

Another thing maybe EO aren't as powerful as the sellers tells you. It's an hard truth but it's something we need to consider. Something we don't like to do because we prefer to believe in fairy tales. In the end it's like pheromone, does this product really work as advertised or maybe it's a little exaggerated. My point of view is that we don't know.

And what about this admin attitude then?

He doesn't even excuse himself, he doesn't even admit he didn't know that oil and water doesn't mix. Why avoiding it. When I first learn about essential oil I have full of energy, getting all work up and crazy. Then I learn it may be dangerous because oil and water doesn't mix. I felt so stupid but I got over it. Then I learn that a of lot sellers mix their oil with other less expensive oil to get more benefits. I didn't stop though, it's everywhere the same, we are humans, humans cheat when there are a lot of money to earn. Yes
03-21-2016 12:28 PM
renny
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 693
Thanks received:
691 thanks in 306 posts

03-21-2016 1:58 PM

(03-21-2016 12:28 PM)InnerPower Wrote:  And what about this admin attitude then?

He doesn't even excuse himself, he doesn't even admit he didn't know that oil and water doesn't mix. Why avoiding it. When I first learn about essential oil I have full of energy, getting all work up and crazy. Then I learn it may be dangerous because oil and water doesn't mix. I felt so stupid but I got over it. Then I learn that a of lot sellers mix their oil with other less expensive oil to get more benefits. I didn't stop though, it's everywhere the same, we are humans, humans cheat when there are a lot of money to earn. Yes

The reason I haven't answered your question is because you aren't even attempting to ask me for a reasonable clarification. From reading your posts I feel you are being deliberatly argumentative. You've had your say. I actually stand by the statement I made. Furthermore, I haven't been spending much time on the forum and what time I have spent here has been on things I feel are much more worthy of my time and effort than playing into your delusional interpretations of my posts. As I posted before you seem to think I am a hillbilly. It is unusual for for a hillbilly to persue an argument with a stump. We tend to just go around them. They all rot eventually.

The Androstenone Discussion
03-21-2016 1:58 PM
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Thanks Given: 1785
Thanks received:
4526 thanks in 1897 posts

03-21-2016 6:19 PM

(03-21-2016 12:28 PM)InnerPower Wrote:  And what about this admin attitude then?

Okay, I've sat idly by and bit my tongue throughout this and other posts you've made so far, but you want to throw out the statement about "this admin attitude? Lets play!

I realize that you are not from this country and may not have a great grasp on the English Language, but that does not excuse some of the condescending and accusatory statements you've made.

Your attitude toward Renny has been nothing more than condescending and the negative statements you've claimed about the company he represents are based on nothing more than hearsay. Amway is another multi-level marketing company and they produce some really great products, but many consider them a scam because some of their sales associates are less than honorable. I suspect the same is probably true of Doterra, but considering that I don't use essential oils and am not familiar with their products I couldn't and wouldn't make any such claim.

I have known Renny for better than 7 years now, and he is as honest as they come, and just in case you didn't notice this forum is called the Members Helping Members Forum. You certainly did not have to agree with or like what his thread represents, but from your very first post in it you seemed hell bent on discrediting Renny and the company he's representing.

(03-14-2016 12:25 AM)InnerPower Wrote:  That's my opinion. If I don't develop further it is because I don't have the time to do it and the information is all over the internet anyway, use google.

WRONG! You didn't initially state it as an opinion but as fact, and only in one other place in the thread did you ever state anything you said as as possibly less than factual.

So now you have the other admins attitude, and this admin is not thrilled! If you want to attack and try to discredit ANY member on this forum, you better be prepared to back it with first hand experience and factual information, otherwise it's little more than an attack or provocation, neither of which are tolerated on this forum.

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
03-21-2016 6:19 PM
Thanks given by renny, kalpan56, RTBoss, SuperJoy

SuperJoy

Rep Post

Thanks received:
322 thanks in 178 posts

03-28-2016 9:52 AM

I'm really liking my Doterra so far. I wish it was easier to tell quality from EOs. Things I can note is that the Vetiver is really strong. So strong that it smells like two different products from the bottle and applied. The scent from the bottle is simply too strong and unpleasant. I think this is why I didn't like it at first. It dies down to this soft sweet grassy/earthy smell when diluted in alcohol or applied to the skin. This stuff is also very long lasting. I've smelt it on me far past 24 hours. It should be noted that I'm mixing with the Ambergris and Oud when I leave the house which also has a long life. The vetiver also sticks to the bottom of the diffuser. My conclusion thus far is that the vetiver is strong and high quality. I don't know if that mean Food Grade but I'm cool with the purchase. I do feel calmer using it. Lavender and Vetiver seem like a nice compliment.

My partner has been putting the elevation one in the diffuser a lot and it's nice. Does seem to lift the mood.

It seems Vetiver is one of the scents that smells different to the gender. Three guys, self included, have all went, "not bad". It's just a grassy scent thats about one point over good. On the other hand, all 6 women I've asked thus far gave overly positive reactions. The best was at Lowe's. I asked my young female cashier her thoughts and was very positive. There was another coworker a few feet away that was pregnant. I thought she might have a heightened sense of smell and asked her opinion. Her eyes got really big and she gave this emphatic "yes!" I thought it was funny because I gave her an open question and her answer was perfect and short.

Gonna keep working with them but find myself drifting away from synthetic 'mones and towards EOs for sure. I just feel better...

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2016 10:02 AM by SuperJoy.)
03-28-2016 9:52 AM
Thanks given by NP17, Ekscentra

Share This Thread