Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Please accept my sincerest apologies for PheroTruth being offline!
Stungk
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 14
Thanks received:
14 thanks in 11 posts

RE: Please accept my sincerest apologies for PheroTruth being offline!
07-21-2013 12:36 PM

Mark, I tried to PM you about another site I visit that was down and back up at virtually the same time as yours. at one point, I thought it was MY pc that was the cause.
07-21-2013 12:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by mark-in-dallas

mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Sex: Male

Thanks Given: 1823
Thanks received:
4766 thanks in 1970 posts

07-21-2013 12:41 PM

(07-21-2013 12:12 PM)SS108 Wrote:  Good to see this place back-up. Was going through withdrawal.

What took you so long Smile ?

Wasn't my fault, really it wasn't! I was on top of it within minutes. But, somehow when I setup the CloudFlare protect it didn't seem to be working. After numerous calls and emails back and forth with them and providing server logs and jumping through hoops, the technician I was talking to finally decided that something was strange on their end. Then, after getting everyone at CloudFlare involved including the CEO, he came back and told me that there had been a glitch they'd never seen before and that somehow the site had been incorrectly mapped.

Once they corrected the mapping issue and the protection kicked in the attack was blocked.

But, pretty much the last thing you want to hear when you're trying to get a crippled server back online is that they found a glitch that nobody had ever seen before! Mega shok

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
07-21-2013 12:41 PM
Thanks given by wiserd, LL21, Mars82, ZB pmones, NuTrix, Fleur, PhoenixOnFyre119
SteveO
Vendor

Thanks Given: 1415
Thanks received:
1512 thanks in 511 posts

07-22-2013 9:35 AM

Glad to see you back Mark. I'm still blocking the "continued" attacks on my server. I've been up and down for two weeks.

I had to block many countries so if anyone can't get in please let me know via email and I'll have to manually white list your IP.

Be Happy and laugh often
Steve O
XS enthusiast, hobbyist, founder.

I want to provide you with the very best customer experience I can. As such, I don't check PM's very often. Please send me an email which will find me wherever I am:
07-22-2013 9:35 AM
Thanks given by mark-in-dallas, NuTrix
bmm
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 128
Thanks received:
32 thanks in 17 posts

07-22-2013 10:14 AM

I'm glad pherotruth is back!
07-22-2013 10:14 AM
Thanks given by mark-in-dallas
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Thanks Given: 1823
Thanks received:
4766 thanks in 1970 posts

07-24-2013 1:27 PM

And the chaos continues! Earlier today I lowered the CloudFlare defense from "I'm Under Attack" to "Medium" and not long after that PheroTruth was hit with a SQL Injection that corrupted a row in the datacache table in the database. I ended up restoring a backup database copy from Sunday to a new database then replaced the corrupted table in this database with the older one to get the forum back up, so some of the foruim statistics on posts and threads may be a lagging behind a bit until the the statistics catch back up, but at least we didn't lose anything.

CloudFlare defenses have been kicked back up to High as well, so if the forum runs a little slow I apologize, but the alternative is worse.

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
07-24-2013 1:27 PM
Thanks given by baant, LL21, Rattlesnake, AlternativeGirl, Mars82, PhoenixOnFyre119, wiserd, NuTrix

awol
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 14
Thanks received:
18 thanks in 15 posts

07-24-2013 1:57 PM

(07-24-2013 1:27 PM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  And the chaos continues! Earlier today I lowered the CloudFlare defense from "I'm Under Attack" to "Medium" and not long after that PheroTruth was hit with a SQL Injection that corrupted a row in the datacache table in the database. I ended up restoring a backup database copy from Sunday to a new database then replaced the corrupted table in this database with the older one to get the forum back up, so some of the foruim statistics on posts and threads may be a laging behind a bit until the the statistics catch back up, but at least we didn't lose anything.

CloudFlare defenses have been kicked back up to High as well, so if the forum runs a little slow I apologize, but the alternative is worse.

Thank you for all of your hard work. It would be nice if someday we could find out the motivation for the attacks. Such a wide swath of targets, spending time and money for what?
07-24-2013 1:57 PM
Thanks given by wiserd
baant
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 433
Thanks received:
79 thanks in 33 posts

07-24-2013 1:58 PM

Is it anything we can do to lessen load? I've read otherplace that searching a forum can create quite some load, if that is true here maybe if people were to search pherotruth using google instead would be a good thing? For those who doesn't know, one can make google search only within a site by adding site:pherotruth.com in the searchstring, looking as such: .
But google can only find what it has already indexed so I guess that the very newest posts wouldn't show up in such a search?

'Anarchism is founded on the observation that since few men are wise enough to rule themselves, even fewer are wise enough to rule others.' - Edward Abbey
07-24-2013 1:58 PM
halo0073

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1632
Thanks received:
3372 thanks in 1534 posts

07-24-2013 3:08 PM

assholes!
07-24-2013 3:08 PM
Thanks given by LL21
Honeycake
Mother's Granddaughter

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 735
Thanks received:
1219 thanks in 756 posts

07-25-2013 7:17 AM

So sorry to hear this. This is just awful! I hope it gets better soon.

Androtics: Instant Sexiness B & MX426
07-25-2013 7:17 AM

as33156
Ubermensch

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 11643
Thanks received:
8805 thanks in 2724 posts

07-26-2013 10:40 AM

Shit happens. I just couldn't get my fix for a few days lol.

My Journal: http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Nice-guy-to...My-journey

My Survival Course & Thread (GET IT & THRIVE): http://pherotruth.com/Thread-The-Modern-...#pid108462

"We can delude ourselves into thinking that ALL WE NEED is one more product, one more seminar, one more "thing" and our lives will be set. But the truth is that our lives are on a continuous path that NEVER peaks. We just keep getting better and better or worse and worse."
07-26-2013 10:40 AM
Thanks given by NuTrix

Share This Thread