Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Poll: What is your MBTI type?
E (E/I)
I (E/I)
N (N/S)
S (N/S)
F (F/T)
T (F/T)
J (J/P)
P (J/P)
CHECK IF MALE / UNCHECK IF FEMALE
CHECK SPOUSE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER / UNCHECK IF SELF
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Personality and Pheromone Susceptability
dexter
SPICE UP THE LTR's

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 405
Thanks received:
715 thanks in 337 posts

RE: Personality and Pheromone Susceptability
02-06-2012 11:19 AM

(01-18-2012 4:52 AM)Curiosity Wrote:  I got ENTJ. 1% Extraverted, 62% Intuitive, 25% Thinking, 22% Judging.
Although I think the Extraverted part is a bit low.

Hi Curiosity,
the I/E isn't about your shyness or openess specifically, more generally it is about how you gather information, your inputs.
Extroverts tend to look at the world with eyes open, gathering information, Introverts tend to have their eyes open until they find what they are looking for, then close their eyes somewhat to the outside world, then turn inward and use the information.

It does play into the shyness aspect of things where how strong your E/I preference is is the most significant factor in shyness. A strong I preference would be shy around people that weren't already "internalized" into their circle of friends.
02-06-2012 11:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

dexter
SPICE UP THE LTR's

Rep Post

Thanks received:
715 thanks in 337 posts

02-06-2012 12:02 PM

Here is why some types are considered more compatible with other types. (T'e has the ' so that autoreplace doesn't substitute "The Edge" product for T e"

THE 16 TYPE PATTERNS THE PRIMARY PROCESSES | THE SHADOW PROCESSES
TYPE CODE "¢ TYPE THEME 1ST 2ND 3RD 4TH | 5TH 6TH 7TH 8TH

ESTP "” Promoter Executor Se Ti Fe Ni | Si T'e Fi Ne
ESFP "” Motivator Presenter Se Fi T'e Ni | Si Fe Ti Ne

ISTJ "” Planner Inspector Si T'e Fi Ne | Se Ti Fe Ni
ISFJ"” Protector Supporter Si Fe Ti Ne | Se Fi T'e Ni

ENTP "” Explorer Inventor Ne Ti Fe Si | Ni T'e Fi Se
ENFP "” Discoverer Advocate Ne Fi T'e Si | Ni Fe Ti Se

INTJ"” Conceptualizer Director Ni T'e Fi Se | Ne Ti Fe Si
INFJ"” Foreseer Developer Ni Fe Ti Se | Ne Fi T'e Si

ESTJ "” Implementor Supervisor T'e Si Ne Fi | Ti Se Ni Fe
ENTJ"” Strategist Mobilizer T'e Ni Se Fi | Ti Ne Si Fe

ISTP "” Analyzer Operator Ti Se Ni Fe | T'e Si Ne Fi
INTP "” Designer Theorizer Ti Ne Si Fe | T'e Ni Se Fi

ESFJ "” Facilitator Caretaker Fe Si Ne Ti | Fi Se Ni T'e
ENFJ "” Envisioner Mentor Fe Ni Se Ti | Fi Ne Si T'e

ISFP "” Composer Producer Fi Se Ni T'e | Fe Si Ne Ti
INFP "” Harmonizer Clarifier Fi Ne Si T'e | Fe Ni Se Ti

Notice that the 1st (Dominant) Function is the same [Ne - extroverted iNtuition] for ENTP and ENFP, but the 2nd Function is switched, the 3rd & 4th are the opposite of the 1st & 2nd.

Notice that the ENFP & INFJ are also aligned with [1st Ne/Ni, 2nd Fi/Fe, 3rd The Edge/Ti, 4th Si/Se] This is also a strong pairing, with complementary pairing of each of the functions. I think these are the 2 strongest relationship pairing types. You are probably crazy lucky if you have such a pairing already.

There is a group of landmine/boobytraps with the whole personality Type thing though. They are called "VALUES". Values are environmental influences.

If a kid grows up in a environment where they are told that republicans are cyborgs, or that a moose killed dear aunt Helga, they can adopt these ideas as values. You don't know about values until you step on them. You could be on a great date and when you talk about how you love Moose, you just stepped on a value where your date "knows" all moose and moose related topics are "Evil" because that moose killed dear aunt Helga all those decades ago.

"Values" can create barriers between 2 otherwise compatible personality types. If you have conflicting values, or overlapping values, or values that conflict when they overlap, things can get hairy. Values do not need to be rational, they do not need to be advertised or known, you may never discover all your own, or significant others values. You need to know what a "Value" in this Personality Type sense is. And that it can be a big deal if you go up against one. Learning to discern a "Value" when it shows up, sometimes after you step on the landmine, is a great thing to be able to do.
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2012 12:08 PM by dexter.)
02-06-2012 12:02 PM
Injektilo
It's *always* my move.

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 53
Thanks received:
447 thanks in 142 posts

02-06-2012 7:03 PM

(01-14-2012 8:07 PM)CG_Jung Wrote:  I am an INTJ. What I didn't know was that the real C.G. Jung was an INTJ as well. Thanks for starting this thread, dexter, it's a good idea.

You mean you're not the real Jung, exploring the intricacies of pheromone signaling from beyond the grave? Damn it. I had so many questions for you.

I'm also an INTJ. I took the test over a year ago and again today and received the same result both times. I've heard people complain about these test before claiming that they can see the personality typing each question is asking about and answer to get the typing they want and thus the test isn't reliable, not seeming to understand that the error in their thinking is that it is the individual who is not reliable, not the test. If you answer the questions according to your actual characteristics instead of attempting to modulate the results, you'll get a fairly consistent answer unless you've attempted to change your personality itself.

I find that in general I don't get particularly strong self-effects from pheromones. I definitely get a boost in confidence from androstenone ad A314, however. 1 spray Alpha Maschio + 3 sprays Glace puts me on top of the world.
02-06-2012 7:03 PM
txi0m
American PUA, Japanese Targets

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 209
Thanks received:
434 thanks in 131 posts

02-07-2012 2:18 PM

Gee, kinda feeling a bit lonely with this one. Razz

ESFP

Extraverted 33
Sensing 1
Feeling 25
Perceiving 44

Guess if you want a woman's perspective on things, I'm the male to ask? Wizard lol, whatever

Famous personalities who share this one:
Bill Cosby, Oprah Winfrey, Ringo Starr

I don't always use pheromone colognes, but when I do... I prefer Dos Equis.

My Arsenal (favs = ☆):
L-S: A7 (s), AE, C7 (s), LT☆, NPA☆, TE Trust, SoE☆ (s/un)

TP: TA☆, TChar, TComm, TI☆, TJ, TL☆, TO, TR☆, TT, XXX (spr)

A-Dream: AM, Certo, Glace

Out of Commission:
AD: IG, IH, IO, IS
02-07-2012 2:18 PM
dexter
SPICE UP THE LTR's

Rep Post

Thanks received:
715 thanks in 337 posts

02-08-2012 5:42 PM

sorry injektilo, my mother-in-law is an INTJ, we don't get along so much anymore. My brother who is a year younger than me is also an INTJ, I have a web page that you could look at that tells you everything that is wrong with an INTJ. When I printed it out and gave it to my mother-in-law, she switched from thinking that MBTI was cool and great, to saying that anyone who beleives that crap is an evil person. She didn't care that there was a "Whats wrong with this XXXX Type for each type. I'm pretty sure that you don't want to look at that webpage until you are ready for it, and serenity now.

Txi0m, with such a low "1" S preference, you should retake the test, we're all N's here, well a bunch of us anyway. 1% is so slight that a single question would throw you over the line. Not that I want to put you into a category where you don't belong, but look at the chapters of Kiersey's book on both ENFP & ESFP. You will probably see alot in common with both. But the N/S would be your Dominant Function. So it will probably be easy to spot which one is really you. But, the ENFP is often mistaken by others for an Artisan, the real difference is that Artisan and ENFP Motivations are totally different.

ENFP "” Champion/Discoverer/Advocate Ne Fi T'e Si | Ni Fe Ti Se
ESFP "” Performer/Motivator/Presenter Se Fi T'e Ni | Si Fe Ti Ne

send me a PM if you want a copy of "David-Keirsey-Please-Understand-Me-II.pdf" that I downloaded from scribd.com
I think you can download 1 or 2 free files everyday from scribd if you just want to get it from there.
link

dexter
"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." -Jesus, Matthew 10:34
AD-Glace, Certo, DHEAS, single mols
AD-a314,P74,5,6,8,9,P80,1,3,P93,5,6,7,P100,​1,2,3,4,9,12,23,25,IFM,
IG,IH,IJ,IO,IS,ISA,ISB,TUTH,TAA,C,F,H,K,​L,NONE,ANOL,AMMO,MX297,391-5UF
LS-LIQTRUST,NOL,NONE,RONE,A1,PERCEPTION,AE,​SOE
P7-ATJ,FTL,DG!,MAP,GG,PURSUIT,SB,TJ
TP-TLOVE,EST,MEO-EST,TJERK,TALPHA,A1,ATRIONE,COPS
HM-ETRIONE
HOMEBREW-D3,DHEA,PEA,ETRIONE,NENO,MEL
02-08-2012 5:42 PM
Thanks given by Injektilo

Felix
Checking out the place

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 9
Thanks received:
6 thanks in 2 posts

02-17-2012 4:08 PM

Am I the only ISFJ here? Just done the test and I share it with mother Teresa, the queen and Agatha Christie Undecided

Probably why I get hurt so easy.

Arsenal: Aqua Vitae, Wolf (Vial sample), Alfa Maschio
02-17-2012 4:08 PM
wolfhaley
Winning

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 19
Thanks received:
7 thanks in 7 posts

02-17-2012 4:58 PM

(02-17-2012 4:08 PM)Felix Wrote:  Am I the only ISFJ here? Just done the test and I share it with mother Teresa, the queen and Agatha Christie Undecided

Probably why I get hurt so easy.

I was close, but ESFJ, Clinton, Sinatra, Cindy Crawford and Martha Stewart lol

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."-JFK
02-17-2012 4:58 PM
Injektilo
It's *always* my move.

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 53
Thanks received:
447 thanks in 142 posts

02-17-2012 6:45 PM

(02-08-2012 5:42 PM)dexter Wrote:  sorry injektilo, my mother-in-law is an INTJ, we don't get along so much anymore. My brother who is a year younger than me is also an INTJ, I have a web page that you could look at that tells you everything that is wrong with an INTJ. When I printed it out and gave it to my mother-in-law, she switched from thinking that MBTI was cool and great, to saying that anyone who beleives that crap is an evil person. She didn't care that there was a "Whats wrong with this XXXX Type for each type. I'm pretty sure that you don't want to look at that webpage until you are ready for it, and serenity now.

Dexter, believe me, I'm familiar with many of the flaws of the INTJ personality type through watching my own behavior and motivations and reading a bit. I'll actually probably agree with some of the things the page has to say. I would be glad to look at it. You can post it here if you want, or just PM it to me. I'm ready. :-)
02-17-2012 6:45 PM
tascov
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 9
Thanks received:
81 thanks in 30 posts

02-18-2012 5:20 PM

I got ENFJ

Extroverted -50
Intuitive -69
Feeling -12
Judging -50

How do we take these results Confused

Journal: My journey of growth with a little fun mixed in
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2012 5:22 PM by tascov.)
02-18-2012 5:20 PM

dexter
SPICE UP THE LTR's

Rep Post

Thanks received:
715 thanks in 337 posts

02-21-2012 6:11 PM

(02-17-2012 6:45 PM)Injektilo Wrote:  Dexter, believe me, I'm familiar with many of the flaws of the INTJ personality type through watching my own behavior and motivations and reading a bit. I'll actually probably agree with some of the things the page has to say. I would be glad to look at it. You can post it here if you want, or just PM it to me. I'm ready. :-)

OK, here it is, but when reading this remember some things.

Socionics is a parallel to MBTI, but differs in tiny ways, they have lower case letters like iNTJ.
This page will piss off and annoy those who don't want to see something that says mean things about them, possibly turning them off to MBTI Typing all together. (Like it turned off my Mother-in-Law, who thought MBTI was awesome, until she read this. Now she says it is garbage and racist because it stereotypes people.)

This page is just the bad, and not alot of the good on INTJ. Start with the good stuff, like Kiersey's book "Please Understand Me II" (you don't have to read the 1st one, the II is just the same book, bigger and better, +20 years more research).
http://www.socionics.com/prof/intj2.htm
[url=http://www.socionics.com/prof/intj2.htm]
A side note: I recently got the book "Nurture by Nature" by Tieger, it is about how to MBTI Type test your kids. It says that even from when they are tiny, people don't change MBTI Types. One of my daughters might be an INTJ (yikes, I just think that I spawned another of my Mother-in-Law to let loose on the world). I think people do end up taking the test multiple times and getting multiple results because sometimes the test questions don't really explain enough about the questions, and you could answer them either way, depending on how you interpret them. But I think the not changing over an entire lifetime is probably true, IF you get a thorough testing, not just the little online ones. But if you read Keirsey's book, you can find which 4 letter combo is you.
02-21-2012 6:11 PM

Share This Thread