Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

No I havent disappeared.
Tisha
Inactive Account

Sex: Female

Rep Post

No I havent disappeared.
11-14-2009 5:58 AM

Hey there everyone.

I know I have been scarce the last few days but its been a really tough week.

Most of the members here know me well and have shared in the stories and various adventures about my Dad and Mom as well as other family members over the years, here and in other forums. I consider many of you as my friends and extended family and I find comfort in sharing my sad news with you all.

My father passed away in a accident on veterans day. He had a massive heart attack while driving and slammed into the back of a truck. The doctors assured us that it was quick and he was unaware of the accident which gives us a little comfort. He was going to be 86 this Monday the 16Th which is now the day in which we will bury him. My Dad was one of the greatest joys and loves in my life, wise,strong sweet, kind and the rock of our family and he will be greatly missed. We are a strong family and will get through this though. He will never really be gone from us because his energy and spirit lives within each of those who knew and loved him. I dont know if any of you recall this but my father was part Mohegan Indian. I know.......... I have a colorful family, witches, Indians, shamans, seers, catholics and lets not forget my brother the scientist who keeps us grounded. (snort) Anywho...... we have less then traditional beliefs and since my father is close to nature and spirit we knew a sign would come to each of us that he was safe happy and at peace. Mine came last night. I was sitting on my back porch crying and a very large red tailed hawk, which you do not see many of in CT and certainly do not fly around close to dusk much, swooped down and landed no more then 30 feet from my porch. I thought maybe I was imagining it but my kids saw him to earlier in the day. He sat there looking at me until I stopped crying then seemed satisfied and spread his wings and flew away leaving me in a more peaceful state and I suspect we will see him on and off till Monday.

So on Monday send some love, good thoughts and energy out into the universe to help my father cross over into the land of spirit.

I will be back into the swing of things after Monday and thank you all for all the love support and life you have shared with me now and over the last few years.

Tisha
11-14-2009 5:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
renny
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: No I havent disappeared.
11-14-2009 7:02 AM

((((((((((((((((((((Tisha)))))))))))))))​)))))))

The Androstenone Discussion
11-14-2009 7:02 AM
mark-in-dallas
Dumb Guy That Pays The Bills

11-14-2009 9:55 AM

Tisha, we call feel bad for you and you and your family are in our prayers.

((((((((((((((((((((TISHA)))))))))))))))​)))))

The older I get the less threatening a life sentence sounds

Sympathy for the Devil only results in victimized angels.
11-14-2009 9:55 AM
QuietGuy
Away
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

11-14-2009 11:39 AM

(11-14-2009 5:58 AM)Tisha Wrote:  So on Monday send some love, good thoughts and energy out into the universe to help my father cross over into the land of spirit.
Tisha

Will do, Tisha, and many thoughts/prayers to you and your family.
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2009 11:39 AM by QuietGuy.)
11-14-2009 11:39 AM
Gone with the Wind
Pheromone Wraith

Rep Post

11-14-2009 12:21 PM

Best wishes to you and your family Tisha, and wishes for a good journey onward for your dad.

Gone with the Wind

<p align="center">Gate, gate, paragate, parasamgate. Bodhi svaha!</p>
11-14-2009 12:21 PM

Diane999
Banned for Violations

11-14-2009 12:25 PM

Condolences, Tisha, and may the spirit of the Hawk visit you from time to time to remind you of the love you will always hold for your father.

Diane
11-14-2009 12:25 PM
Niatalya
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

11-14-2009 1:51 PM

I'm sending warm thoughts and positive energy your way, sweetie. I was just thinking of you and wondering how your brother and law was doing after I caught this article in the Hartford Current,

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2009 1:57 PM by Niatalya.)
11-14-2009 1:51 PM
Phya
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

11-14-2009 2:57 PM

Tisha, I'm so sorry for you loss. I don't know what the hell I would do if I lost my dad. I get scared for him every time I hear some conflict or threat between North Korea and South Korea. It sounds like your family really spent a lot of good, quality time with him. My condolences to you, take all the time you need, we'll be here.

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma... which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
-Steve Jobs
11-14-2009 2:57 PM
Bella
Away
Serious Poster

Rep Post

11-14-2009 4:12 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss, Tisha. My heart goes out to you and your family.

There's nothing that can truly separate you from your dad. I know you love him beyond measure. Find strength in the love you shared to help you through this difficult time and to go on to live your life to the fullest, just as he would want. No matter what the future brings, my friend, his love for you will never die and will always be with you, through all eternity. Carry that with you on your journey, along with my love.

Bella
11-14-2009 4:12 PM
Mtnjim
Curmudgen

Rep Post

11-17-2009 1:00 PM

Tish, sorry to hear about your loss, if there is anything good, it's that it was quick and he didn't suffer.

Jim

To stay young requires unceasing cultivation of the ability to unlearn old falsehoods.
---Lazerous Long
11-17-2009 1:00 PM

Share This Thread