Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
New Thread Junkies
thundr
Vendor

Sex: Male

RE: New Thread Junkies
06-03-2013 3:43 PM

In addition to the 12094.624 new threads a day, some of the questions are just getting ridiculous. Not to take away from anyone or unwelcome any postings but I'm also not your fucking mommy.

I wish u guys knew how often I bite my tongue reading some of these posts. I have no filter. I have respect and manners but I'm sugar free straight raw from the gut. No sprinkles on your ice cream when I serve it.

Prime examples:
"what cover do I use for product x?" Well poster, what kind of cereal do you like and what kind of car do you drive? That will help me better play the part of cologne kiosk lady at the mall to better assist you in recommending shit I like to wear.

"I just bought product x" Thank you poster for this intimate look into your buying habits. I will file it away in my drawer and be eagerly awaiting the announcement of your next purchase. Can't wait!

"What should I mix with product x?" Nothing. If u have no idea what would feel right on you you shouldn't be mixing anything. Oh you wore it 2 times? Awesome now you are a pheromone master and do not need my advice. Enjoy.

"My impression of product x" Ok poster I'm glad you feel most entitled to proclaim your opinion with a new thread on top of 120 other threads about the same product but being that its YOUR opinion I'm going to pay extra special attention and subscribe to this thread and await its 3 replies before it gets buried under 10 other "my impression" threads.

"Its cold outside what type of winter jacket should I wear?"
"Will it match my pants?"
"My shoes?"
"will you hold my hand while I spray this stuff on my neck?"

"Takeing Ndue out onn A nihgt on the Towwn" autocorrect sucks and we all make spelling mistakes. But least proof your thread title so you dont look illiterate. You don't need pheromones you need hooked on phonics. Then come back and show us what you've learned.

"What mones should I buy I don't have time to read all this stuff" I don't have time to reply. Have fun.

Gah. This was more of a multi month building vent and tongue and cheek post before I popped. It's not aimed to belittle or insult. Just have a bit of common sense before you post. Trying raise a small bit of awareness to what you are actually projecting to the rest of the forum. If you don't have time to do a small bit of reading but can put up 400 posts in a month then I'm going to fail to take the time to educate you. We are not your parents. You are an adult or close to it. Sometimes you need to make personal preference decisions yourself. What I like makes no difference in what you should wear. Feel free to ask me what I like, but in the end its your cash so buy what you like.

Try to help the ones you are asking help from. Instead of asking "what product should I buy?"

Try: "I did a bit of searching and reading and I'm torn between product x and product y. Any suggestions?"

Notice quickly how you get triple the responses with the one you tried to help yourself but got stuck rather than a generalized "is it raining outside I haven't bothered to look even though I'm standing next to a window. Can you please get up and walk all the way over here to tell me if its raining?"

Most humans are subconsciously wired to help those who try to help themselves first. It's in our nature. Take full advantage of this and make your phero experience just that much better.

End of rant. Feeling better now. Ha.
06-03-2013 3:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blade
Pheromone Hero

Rep Post

06-04-2013 12:14 PM

I think experienced users need to shoulder some of the blame aswell thundr for actually spoon feeding the noobs and not having the balls to say hey use the search function dude. Why do you think the androtics forum has gone to shit, because every single stupid question like "can I cover with my own cologne" was getting answered with a smile even though there where 10 threads below answering the same fucking question, think about it why is A new user going to spend time searching when they know if they post a new thread it will be answered within 5 mins. Eventually the forum just gets full up with stupid questions and becomes unorganized and full of shit.
06-04-2013 12:14 PM

AlternativeGirl
Sapiosexual

Sex: Female

Rep Post

06-04-2013 12:18 PM

(06-03-2013 3:43 PM)thundr Wrote:  "Takeing Ndue out onn A nihgt on the Towwn" 
You don't need pheromones you need hooked on phonics.

sideLol

Life's a garden; dig it

my journal:

http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Fun-Times-and-Pheromones
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 12:19 PM by AlternativeGirl.)
06-04-2013 12:18 PM
polarvoid
Serious Poster

Sex:

Rep Post

06-04-2013 12:32 PM

(06-03-2013 3:43 PM)thundr Wrote:  In addition to the 12094.624 new threads a day, some of the questions are just getting ridiculous. Not to take away from anyone or unwelcome any postings but I'm also not your fucking mommy.

I wish u guys knew how often I bite my tongue reading some of these posts. I have no filter. I have respect and manners but I'm sugar free straight raw from the gut. No sprinkles on your ice cream when I serve it.

Prime examples:
"what cover do I use for product x?" Well poster, what kind of cereal do you like and what kind of car do you drive? That will help me better play the part of cologne kiosk lady at the mall to better assist you in recommending shit I like to wear.

"I just bought product x" Thank you poster for this intimate look into your buying habits. I will file it away in my drawer and be eagerly awaiting the announcement of your next purchase. Can't wait!

"What should I mix with product x?" Nothing. If u have no idea what would feel right on you you shouldn't be mixing anything. Oh you wore it 2 times? Awesome now you are a pheromone master and do not need my advice. Enjoy.

"My impression of product x" Ok poster I'm glad you feel most entitled to proclaim your opinion with a new thread on top of 120 other threads about the same product but being that its YOUR opinion I'm going to pay extra special attention and subscribe to this thread and await its 3 replies before it gets buried under 10 other "my impression" threads.

"Its cold outside what type of winter jacket should I wear?"
"Will it match my pants?"
"My shoes?"
"will you hold my hand while I spray this stuff on my neck?"

"Takeing Ndue out onn A nihgt on the Towwn" autocorrect sucks and we all make spelling mistakes. But least proof your thread title so you dont look illiterate. You don't need pheromones you need hooked on phonics. Then come back and show us what you've learned.

"What mones should I buy I don't have time to read all this stuff" I don't have time to reply. Have fun.

Gah. This was more of a multi month building vent and tongue and cheek post before I popped. It's not aimed to belittle or insult. Just have a bit of common sense before you post. Trying raise a small bit of awareness to what you are actually projecting to the rest of the forum. If you don't have time to do a small bit of reading but can put up 400 posts in a month then I'm going to fail to take the time to educate you. We are not your parents. You are an adult or close to it. Sometimes you need to make personal preference decisions yourself. What I like makes no difference in what you should wear. Feel free to ask me what I like, but in the end its your cash so buy what you like.

Try to help the ones you are asking help from. Instead of asking "what product should I buy?"

Try: "I did a bit of searching and reading and I'm torn between product x and product y. Any suggestions?"

Notice quickly how you get triple the responses with the one you tried to help yourself but got stuck rather than a generalized "is it raining outside I haven't bothered to look even though I'm standing next to a window. Can you please get up and walk all the way over here to tell me if its raining?"

Most humans are subconsciously wired to help those who try to help themselves first. It's in our nature. Take full advantage of this and make your phero experience just that much better.

End of rant. Feeling better now. Ha.

Well said! Big Grin

You could have no idea about the amount of flack I've taken on other boards for having the temerity to suggest that other members (many of whom don't have the excuse of being new, or language difficulties and the like) just take a moment to see that their latest precious thread is not something that has been done tens or even hundreds of times before. And AD is not the only other decent forum that is grinding itself to a standstill because of this! Sad
06-04-2013 12:32 PM
paradigmshift
Reading is fundamental

Rep Post

06-04-2013 4:14 PM

Bravo thundr!

Its hard holding back.

The sad thing is i tend to dismiss the threads and just go why bother answering. I might type something up and then say not worth replying. Its exasperating when you make a suggestion and the person asking it rebutts it and gives a laundry list why they dont like the idea.

Where do we go from here? I like the suggestion for newbie section or a subforum for tell me what i should use.

What do we want this forum to be. Not gonna be pretty but were due for some growing pains.
06-04-2013 4:14 PM
thundr
Vendor

06-04-2013 4:35 PM

I smiled when you just asked "what do we want this forum to be?"

My thinking is its going to be how WE as a collective group decides it to be. It's not going to be a bunch of fly by night plants and trolls who join for a couple days or few weeks deciding how this place is going to turn out.

I really like all the suggestions and feeback so far from everyone and all of it makes sense.

The only way this place is going to turn out how we choose.. is if we decide to choose how its going to turn out.
06-04-2013 4:35 PM

mark-in-dallas
Administrator

06-04-2013 5:25 PM

(06-03-2013 12:20 PM)dp310 Wrote:  A few more suggestions -

The forum could be a lot more newbie friendly.

1. There's a ton of unexplained jargon. What is the "fallout effect"? Where is this explained? Why do people keep referencing it? Why doesn't using the forum search feature give me a useful result? Would it be unjustified for a newbie to start a thread asking what it is? The fallout effect is just one example of this, there is plenty of other jargon that isn't really explained anywhere.

2. I think the forum would benefit from having a lot more pinned posts. There are a few in the new user introductions, which is a good start, but it isn't nearly enough. As a newbie, I have to jump all over the forum to get an idea of what any particular product does. Maybe it would be a good idea to have a pinned thread per product?

3. The wiki. I tried using it, but it's almost completely empty. Therefore, it's the last place I would look for information.

4. There's a conflict of interests. It's weird to have incentives for newbies to contribute, then complain when they actually do( with a thread ).

EDIT

5. The forum feels uncared for. Broken subforums, weird stuff like the "Satellite Cellphone Tracking Network" that doesn't need to be there. Threads aren't moved, for instance, there's a thread about glace in the single molecule forum, with someone complaining about the thread in the thread. Wouldn't it be easier to just move the thread?

You know, all this post did was piss me off!

1. There are a number of noob friendly guides and if you feel something wasn't covered, take the damn time to add it!

2. Stickied threads are fine, but if there's more than a few per forum I just get irritated at having to scroll through them to get to the new posts. Make a stickie for every product a company offers and you'd end up having to set the threads per page to 50 to get to new posts in some forums.

3. The wiki: Then fucking add to it! Is it not the entire intent of a wiki for content to be developed and edited by the users? Oh I forgot, some of you want everything fucking spoon fed to you and can't be bothered to do anything on your own.

4. How is not wanting a ton of duplicate content on the forum a conflict of interest?

5. The forum feels uncared for: That one really pissed me off! Broken sub-forums? Point one out, and if you point to the Merry-Go-Round I'm going to laugh at your inability to comprehend the intent and pun in the name.

This is a hobby for me, not a job, and yet there's probably not been a day in the last 3 years 10 months that I didn't spend at least a couple of hous every day looking out for it, fixing anything that was broken, answering PM's and emails, etc.

Gee there's a thread posted in the wrong forum that I failed to catch because I don't police all the forums 24 hours a day 7 days a week, and NOBODY bothered to report it. Sorry I'm not God!

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
06-04-2013 5:25 PM
Mars82

Rep Post

06-04-2013 9:31 PM

Mark, I was about to reply, but after reading your post, I found that you already said what I wanted to say.

Anyway, in reference to his first point on "unexplained jargon," I (and I'm sure almost all of the newbies) was also confused with that. However, when one takes time to read the different posts, at the very least you get an idea of what the jargon means. However, chances are, with a little bit of industriousness in reading, the explanation of the so-called unexplained jargon will be found in one of the threads in plain text. All one has to do is read.

He even made an example of the term "fallout effect." Well, I can recall that the meaning of this term has been explained at least a couple of times already, including the meaning of the "fallout mix." If the meaning is not explained in plain text, you can get an idea of what it means by reading the posts referring to it. Just a little analysis and reading-between-the-lines is needed.

This forum is not beneficial for those who are too lazy to do a bit of research. I was also a newbie. All it took for me to learn was to read as much as I can in this forum. The best thing is that I still learn something new everyday.

LAL:
Nude Alpha, Hypnotica Social, Aqua Vitae, Wolf, LAL Androstadienone, Overdose, Lucky 7*

PheromoneXS:
Ascend, Cohesion, Evolve, Exotica, Connections, Bliss*, Vibe*, FlirtXS*, XS99 Beta, XS100 Beta, XiSt, 106B, APi*, XS111 Beta Love Boat, XS112 Beta Crush, Taboo

Apex Pheromones:
Core Fury, Imprint, Dionysos Fury, Core V2 Arc, Praetoria Arc, Cutlass*, M3X, Core V4, Style 2.0, Rone Warrior*, Manimal, Tusc Green*, Supafly*, Sex Magnet, Chamber 36

http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Journey-to-Mars

"Will you walk into my parlour?" said the spider to the fly.

Pheromones won't work if you keep thinking that they don't work.
06-04-2013 9:31 PM
Blacky Chan

Rep Post

06-04-2013 10:02 PM

One problem is laziness plain and simple. Most of the older posters remember going to library, going to the card catalog, puling 5 or 6 books of the shelf and just hoping to find the info you were looking for. Today we have google. You can type in "can i use a cover scent with my pheromones" and pages and pages will show up. Type "cover scent" in the search function and boom result. Nope
New thread "How many sprays do i use"
Reply "Do your sweet spot testing"
New thread " What are you guys's sweet spot"

Edit: this thread should get a bump for every newbie post. Lol
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 10:06 PM by Blacky Chan.)
06-04-2013 10:02 PM
Mars82

Rep Post

06-04-2013 10:16 PM

(06-04-2013 10:02 PM)Blacky Chan Wrote:  One problem is laziness plain and simple. Most of the older posters remember going to library, going to the card catalog, puling 5 or 6 books of the shelf and just hoping to find the info you were looking for. Today we have google. You can type in "can i use a cover scent with my pheromones" and pages and pages will show up. Type "cover scent" in the search function and boom result. Nope
New thread "How many sprays do i use"
Reply "Do your sweet spot testing"
New thread " What are you guys's sweet spot"

Edit: this thread should get a bump for every newbie post. Lol

Lol. I recall Paradigmshift's sig stating "5 drops New Pheromone Additive will be my standard answer if I dont think you read anything."

LAL:
Nude Alpha, Hypnotica Social, Aqua Vitae, Wolf, LAL Androstadienone, Overdose, Lucky 7*

PheromoneXS:
Ascend, Cohesion, Evolve, Exotica, Connections, Bliss*, Vibe*, FlirtXS*, XS99 Beta, XS100 Beta, XiSt, 106B, APi*, XS111 Beta Love Boat, XS112 Beta Crush, Taboo

Apex Pheromones:
Core Fury, Imprint, Dionysos Fury, Core V2 Arc, Praetoria Arc, Cutlass*, M3X, Core V4, Style 2.0, Rone Warrior*, Manimal, Tusc Green*, Supafly*, Sex Magnet, Chamber 36

http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Journey-to-Mars

"Will you walk into my parlour?" said the spider to the fly.

Pheromones won't work if you keep thinking that they don't work.
06-04-2013 10:16 PM

Share This Thread