Hello There, Guest! Register

2 users browsing this thread: (0 members, and 2 guests).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Natural Pheromones
dorfmeister
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 431
Thanks received:
154 thanks in 126 posts

Natural Pheromones
03-08-2016 8:55 PM

Although pheromones play a major role in the reproductive process of all animal species, their discovery is very recent and dates from the fifties.

Natural pheromones produced by few animals have been used by man since dawn of times for pharmaceutical purpose and to enhance one’s appeal and one’s sexual energy. Pheromones act in a subtle but overwhelming way through an olfactory organ dedicated to them, the Vomeronasal organ.

Pheromon for men is a 100% natural fragrance whose principal components are Ambergris and Castoreum. Around the animal notes of these pheromones the perfumer has developed a manly woody olfactory accord with the perfumes of Oak Moss and Sandalwood.

- See more at:

Intense.
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2016 9:01 PM by dorfmeister.)
03-08-2016 8:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Snoopyace

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 2488
Thanks received:
3426 thanks in 1511 posts

RE: Natural Pheromones
03-08-2016 9:19 PM

Have you tried this? It looks interesting.

"The bill comes due. Always!" To take umbrage

If only closed minds came with closed mouths. Razz
03-08-2016 9:19 PM
dorfmeister
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks received:
154 thanks in 126 posts

03-08-2016 9:31 PM

(03-08-2016 9:19 PM)Snoopyace Wrote:  Have you tried this? It looks interesting.

No. Ekscentra mentioned this in another thread and I googled and found it and figured I should create a thread with the link.

I would love to try it but it is so expensive.
The kit of animal scents looks very intriguing, too.

In fact, the whole site looks quite intriguing.

Intense.
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2016 9:33 PM by dorfmeister.)
03-08-2016 9:31 PM
dorfmeister
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks received:
154 thanks in 126 posts

03-08-2016 9:36 PM

Women's pheromones.

Intense.
03-08-2016 9:36 PM
dorfmeister
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks received:
154 thanks in 126 posts

03-08-2016 9:42 PM

Intense.
03-08-2016 9:42 PM

dorfmeister
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks received:
154 thanks in 126 posts

03-08-2016 9:54 PM

Intense.
03-08-2016 9:54 PM
Ekscentra
Foremost Eccentric

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1963
Thanks received:
2206 thanks in 1285 posts

03-08-2016 10:56 PM

Here are some discussions from Profumo's group on Basenotes relating to natural pheromones:

I must mention again that some of the experiments here may seem basic by the standards of this community. Most of the members of Basenotes scoff at the notion of pheromones. The exceptions still aren't quite as advanced as the pheromone community at large, in many ways, but there's quite a lot to be learned from them.

It's often said that the best fragrances are composed of both natural and synthetic ingredients. I don't necessarily agree with this notion, but when it comes to pheromones, my views take a complete 180. The world of natural pheromones is a side just as important to the whole as the synthetic pheromones most of us here are familiar with. The most revered revision of A314, Royal Oil, took this philosophy to heart. The results speak for themselves.

I'd love to see some members here testing natural pheromones. I personally am against the uses of civet, castoreum and deer musk on ethical grounds. Other ingredients which arguably have pheromonal or pheromone-like properties (or are said to) include but are not limited to: ambergris, sandalwood, agarwood, labdanum, spikenard, costus, hyraceum, jasmine grandiflorum, jasmine sambac, tuberose, rose, beeswax, oakmoss, vanilla, frankincense, calamus, fire tree.

The list extends far beyond that point. The definition of a pheromone isn't always clear, so I'm sure some of those I've listed will be disputed. This is fine - take whatever definition you will and apply it in a way that benefits you. I consider a pheromone any ingredient which lifts off the skin and affects human behavior in a socially desirable way, consistent outside of specific life circumstances.

Memory associations to certain smells can be powerful, but because they don't fit equally from one person to the next, this would not qualify a specific scent as a pheromone. For the individual in question, it may as well be.

However, consistency within a specific but broad group, such as caucasians, or older women, would be considered a pheromone because there's some reasonably broad factor to account for the response.

Thanks to renny for leading me to refine my definition somewhat, but again, this is merely how I see things. The definition I've given is entirely subjective. Take that as you will.

I hope to see this thread grow into a large testing ground for a wide variety of natural pheromones. I'd specifically focus on the animalics since their status as pheromones are, for all intents and purposes, indisputable. This group includes civet, castoreum, deer musk, ambergris, hyraceum, and beeswax among others. I'd love to see how some of you respond to these substances (and how others around you respond) when used in isolation. Will they replicate distinct, specific effects you're familiar with, will you notice a broader, more well-rounded response, or will you discover something completely new?

Combinations of these components are equally welcome, though I have a greater personal interest in discovering what they do on their own. My thought process is that these combinations will have been formulated based on smell, not optimal pheromonal benefit. Perhaps there's a connection between the two, or perhaps not. Shannon's (catlord17) own experiments leave me reconsidering whether we should treat these as pheromones to be dosed at a specific range.
03-08-2016 10:56 PM
Thanks given by dorfmeister, InnerPower, NP17, SuperJoy
Ekscentra
Foremost Eccentric

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1963
Thanks received:
2206 thanks in 1285 posts

03-08-2016 11:35 PM

There's a 20EUR discount for anyone who likes Profumo's Facebook page. This brings the price down to 160EUR. We could set up a group buy between twelve of us who happen to be interested and split an equal amount between us. This number is enough to give everyone a thorough opportunity for testing each of the animalic essences whilst bringing down the costs to an affordable level. This comes out to about 13.5EUR per person, plus slightly more to include shipping.

I'd wait until at least the beginning of April to round everyone up and determine how we'll go about setting up payment. If more than 12 express interest and pay, I'll be opting out of this for that 12th to take my place. Either way, I intend to get the full kit for myself at some later point. Let me know your thoughts on this.
03-08-2016 11:35 PM
Thanks given by dorfmeister, SuperJoy
dorfmeister
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks received:
154 thanks in 126 posts

03-09-2016 1:09 AM

(03-08-2016 11:35 PM)Ekscentra Wrote:  There's a 20EUR discount for anyone who likes Profumo's Facebook page. This brings the price down to 160EUR. We could set up a group buy between twelve of us who happen to be interested and split an equal amount between us. This number is enough to give everyone a thorough opportunity for testing each of the animalic essences whilst bringing down the costs to an affordable level. This comes out to about 13.5EUR per person, plus slightly more to include shipping.

I'd wait until at least the beginning of April to round everyone up and determine how we'll go about setting up payment. If more than 12 express interest and pay, I'll be opting out of this for that 12th to take my place. Either way, I intend to get the full kit for myself at some later point. Let me know your thoughts on this.

I'd definitely be "in" for the group buy.

Intense.
03-09-2016 1:09 AM

jb20
Serious Poster

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 359
Thanks received:
309 thanks in 231 posts

03-09-2016 11:14 PM