Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Moving to More Natural Remedies
kimosabe
Consciousness-Congruence

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1276
Thanks received:
1476 thanks in 959 posts

Moving to More Natural Remedies
12-07-2014 5:03 PM

Introduction

Completely forgot about the existence of this sub-subforum. Redface

After having pumped my system with pharmaceuticals on a daily basis for the last 16 years plus, I'm at the point where "mainstream" medicine has become far less effective for me.

Take antibiotics for instance. Where I could get away with the usual 3-5 day dose of standard antibiotics, since an uber-ultra-mega tonsillitis flare-up in 2006, I've required 10-day courses of the strongest antibiotics that my GP has in his clinic, despite having had a tonsillectomy back in 2009.

Also, being a sinusitis and asthmatic-bronchitis experiencer since childhood, I've had the (un)fortunate (dis)pleasure of using steroidal nasal spray and inhaler (two since 2008) respectively on pretty much a daily basis since 1998.

Seems like the aim of "mainstream" medicine is to simply treat symptoms and leave the root cause alone, building one's resistance to lower doses of drugs in the meantime, thereby necessitating the use of progressively more powerful drugs over the course of one's life and thereby squeezing a person drier and drier financially with each medicinal-strength increment.

Enough is enough.

I'm moving back in the direction of MAINSTREAM medicine from the good ol' days. Will give a running update of the effectiveness of various remedies as we go along.

ME = Awesome
ME(Mones) = Awesome(Quicker)
ME = Awesome

Phero Tool Chest
Pheromone Treasures
Desi, Auraental, AT, CPT, THU, EFZ, GOA, AOA, TS*, Z69*
Apex Pheromones
Core, Titan, Core V2*
Liquid Alchemy Labs
Wolf, DP, A4A, OD*
PheromoneDiskont.com(closed)
AM
Love Scent
A314,Chikara, scented SOE, old NPA, W.A.G.G-N (all '09 - '10 vintage)
Vero Labs
LT ('09 vintage)

Key
used up & will re-purchase
*sample
^in shipment
not re-purchased/swapped
12-07-2014 5:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by SuperJoy

kimosabe
Consciousness-Congruence

Rep Post

Thanks received:
1476 thanks in 959 posts

Antibiotics
12-07-2014 5:25 PM

Since last year, I'd been experiencing an outbreak of LARGE pimples around my beltline, crotch area above genitals, back and inner thigh. This was prior to starting an exercise and supplements regime. It carried on through my exercise period.

The inner thigh outbreak was the worst of the lot, requiring my GP to slice it open, drain whatever was in there and attack it with a course of topical and oral antibiotics.

However, antibiotics only served to suppress the outbreak for a short while. After the meds ran out, it was just a matter of a week or two before another large bump made itself known.

Online research showed that back in the day, our forefathers reached for silver in the event of bacterial infections. Today, colloidal silver is quite widely available commercially.

I found and bought a bottle on Amazon, called

I started taking this 8 days ago. 5 dropper-doses under my tongue for 1 minute and swallow, twice each day.

During this time, there were 2 large pimples around my crotch area which hadn't disappeared in awhile. On the 4th day, I discovered in the shower that those pimples had healed well. No new outbreaks have been seen since. I'll keep monitoring the skin situation from here on.

Today is the 8th day of consuming colloidal silver. I intend to do 2 doses until Wednesday (10th day), then a single dose each day for 20 days thereafter. Since this product's concentration is low (35 - 45ppm), it is deemed suitable for daily use.

I've also found another product on iHerb, which, at 500ppm, is deemed unsuitable for daily use. I've ordered it and will keep it around for times where a stronger attack may be required.

Dunno if that's how it works. We'll see.

ME = Awesome
ME = Awesome

Phero Tool Chest
Pheromone Treasures
Apex Pheromones
Core, Titan, Core V2*
Liquid Alchemy Labs
Wolf, DP, A4A, OD*
AM
Love Scent
Vero Labs
LT ('09 vintage)

Key
*sample
^in shipment
not re-purchased/swapped
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2014 5:27 PM by kimosabe.)
12-07-2014 5:25 PM
RussianWolf
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 891
Thanks received:
880 thanks in 446 posts

RE: Moving to More Natural Remedies
12-07-2014 8:28 PM

A vegetarian based diet will help, along with some herbs. The best foods to help would be fruits, berries and melons.
herbs such as stinging nettle, dandelion, burdock, calendula, juniper berries, chaparral, and red clover will help to get your kidneys and lymphatic system moving. Echinacea and goldenseal will help boost your immune system. You can take these in tinctures, capsules, or make your own teas.
Avoid dairy, meat and breads.
I would also suggest an adrenal glandular.
hopefully you have a local health food store that carries some of these.
12-07-2014 8:28 PM
Thanks given by kimosabe, SuperJoy
RussianWolf
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 891
Thanks received:
880 thanks in 446 posts

12-07-2014 8:36 PM

Think of every single cell in your body, and you have trillions, as babies. Each cell eats and poops like a baby. If you don't change a baby within 24 hours, it's bottom will become red and irritated or get a rash, because those waste products are acidic. Same thing with your cells, each one eats and each one gets rid of waste. When your lymphatic system and kidneys get clogged up from our diet or bad genes, the same thing happens.
Your skin is basically your third kidney, so in an attempt to get rid of this excessive amount of acid wastes, the body will use your skin to get rid of them.
You'll know when your kidneys begin to filter, when everytime you urinate, it will be cloudy, the cloudy particles are those waste products your body is trying to get out. most peoples urine is clear. it may be different shades of yellow, but still, clear
been working on myself for awhile now.

Peace
12-07-2014 8:36 PM
Thanks given by kimosabe
kimosabe
Consciousness-Congruence

Rep Post

Thanks received:
1476 thanks in 959 posts

12-07-2014 8:37 PM

I've been (lacto-ovo)vegetarian since birth, and we use a lot of herbs and spices in Indian cooking at home. For instance, Jeera (as in Aloo Jeera) is part of our everyday cooking. Covered well on that front.

I'll look more into tinctures as you've suggested. Just got a PM to look into milk thistle standardized alcohol extract.

ME = Awesome
ME = Awesome

Phero Tool Chest
Pheromone Treasures
Apex Pheromones
Core, Titan, Core V2*
Liquid Alchemy Labs
Wolf, DP, A4A, OD*
AM
Love Scent
Vero Labs
LT ('09 vintage)

Key
*sample
^in shipment
not re-purchased/swapped
12-07-2014 8:37 PM

ShadowX114
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 94
Thanks received:
291 thanks in 174 posts

12-08-2014 12:31 AM

I hope you reply before I see my dermatologist tomorrow.
What is the reason behind your pimples? Is it a sort of acne? I get one or two very big ones on my face, every few months. They last for around 2 weeks. However, this time, there's a current one which is on its 5th week. This is not normal, especially since only recently it's starting to shrink in size. I also got a new one yesterday so I'm sure something is up with my system. thought I'd see the dermatologist tomorrow so he can prescribe me an antibiotic (Minocycline); hoping it will decrease in size by Friday as I'm travelling.
However, I don't like taking antibiotics and cost of visit + cost of antibiotic will cost me ~$120. This Colloidal Silver is new to me, reviews are only mentioning immune system and fighting the flu and cold. So if it is killing your pimples, are they acne-related or another condition?
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2014 12:33 AM by ShadowX114.)
12-08-2014 12:31 AM
kimosabe
Consciousness-Congruence

Rep Post

Thanks received:
1476 thanks in 959 posts

12-08-2014 12:46 AM

Even my doctor doesn't know why it happens. He can only theorize that it has something to do with skin sensitivity and chafing in those regions.

Chafing makes sense for the beltline and inner thigh, but doesn't explain back and crotch area.

These are large, angry looking pimples. They're usually an inch or two in diameter, and the longish ones were up to 3 inches in length.

When popped, they secrete the same stuff as facial acne, only in larger quantities. They don't pop easily, though, and have to be softened first with very hot water from the shower.

Looking at acne itself, Google defines it as:
Quote:a skin condition characterized by red pimples on the skin, especially on the face, due to inflamed or infected sebaceous glands and prevalent chiefly among adolescents.

From an infection point of view, it would make sense that colloidal silver is effective in treating it because that's traditionally what it was used for - to fight bacterial infections. Beyond that, I cannot say because I don't know much about it... yet.

Give it a go. No harm trying. If it works for you, then you can stave off pharmaceutical antibiotics in favour of a more natural and traditional option.

Colloidal silver can be administered both orally AND topically. The one I bought from Amazon works well in that regard, although I've been advised to use the 500ppm version from iHerb for topical applications only, due to its relatively lower bioavailability as compared to lower ppm nano-silver preparations.

ME = Awesome
ME = Awesome

Phero Tool Chest
Pheromone Treasures
Apex Pheromones
Core, Titan, Core V2*
Liquid Alchemy Labs
Wolf, DP, A4A, OD*
AM
Love Scent
Vero Labs
LT ('09 vintage)

Key
*sample
^in shipment
not re-purchased/swapped
12-08-2014 12:46 AM
ShadowX114
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 94
Thanks received:
291 thanks in 174 posts

12-08-2014 1:00 AM

Thanks for the quick reply!

Quote:These are large, angry looking pimples. They're usually an inch or two in diameter, and the longish ones were up to 3 inches in length.

The ones I get are usually an inch and angry looking too. The one that is on its 5th week, looks like 2-3 pimples stuck together so it's also around 2 inches in length (sorry for the disgusting details P). I'm barley leaving the house because of it. So they kind of match what you have.

The antibiotic he prescribes me kills bacterial infection and it's an anti-inflammatory. So it could help with at least the bacterial infection part. I will go to two natural local stores hoping I could find it.

In case, they don't have that brand, is there anything that I should be certain of before making the purchase? For example, I will buy a 500ppm version instead of 10 (such as many products on iherb) but does it have different names or do I simply ask the clerk for "Colloidal silver"?

By the way, someone on iherb's review said that while she takes it orally, she also put a Q-tip of it on her pimples so that could be a helpful tip for you!
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2014 1:01 AM by ShadowX114.)
12-08-2014 1:00 AM
kimosabe
Consciousness-Congruence

Rep Post

Thanks received:
1476 thanks in 959 posts

12-08-2014 3:38 AM

(12-08-2014 1:00 AM)ShadowX114 Wrote:  ...
The ones I get are usually an inch and angry looking too. The one that is on its 5th week, looks like 2-3 pimples stuck together so it's also around 2 inches in length (sorry for the disgusting details P). I'm barley leaving the house because of it. So they kind of match what you have.

That's EXACTLY it! A clusterfudge of large, angry-looking pimples!

(12-08-2014 1:00 AM)ShadowX114 Wrote:  ...
In case, they don't have that brand, is there anything that I should be certain of before making the purchase? For example, I will buy a 500ppm version instead of 10 (such as many products on iherb) but does it have different names or do I simply ask the clerk for "Colloidal silver"?

The following 2 pieces of information comes from someone on this forum who TRULY knows his stuff. I got a PM about it earlier from him and was discussing it via PM.

Use the one in my Amazon link or similar for oral dosing. Hold under tongue for 3 mins and then swallow. Lower concentration, 35 - 45 ppm. 10 ppm is actually more than sufficient, get that version on iHerb if you prefer. Our resident guru says, about 8-10ppm versions:
Quote:I can take about 8 droppers now without getting any hertzheimer reaction. Aka the shits. Mostly I just put 2 droppers in my glass water jug and head to work. Thats my maintenance unless I feel I need more.

The 500 ppm one from iHerb is best used topically, i.e. on the skin itself. This is due to its lesser ability to be fully absorbed by the bloodstream. In our guru's own words:
Quote:Use the 500 ppm you have for topical, it may be a bit strong to ingest. I would rather drink 50 glasses of 10 ppm than one glass of 500. Usually when you go that high the silver particles get a bit clumpy. That doesnt affect topical use much but it does affect absorption into the bloodstream.

Just ask the clerk for colloidal silver. See what concentration they sell it at and compare to the above.

Alternatively, and will cost you $58.38 before shipping, and if you're in the US, should reach you before your trip.

ME = Awesome
ME = Awesome

Phero Tool Chest
Pheromone Treasures
Apex Pheromones
Core, Titan, Core V2*
Liquid Alchemy Labs
Wolf, DP, A4A, OD*
AM
Love Scent
Vero Labs
LT ('09 vintage)

Key
*sample
^in shipment
not re-purchased/swapped
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2014 4:36 AM by kimosabe.)
12-08-2014 3:38 AM

SeekingSuccess

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1983
Thanks received:
851 thanks in 492 posts

12-08-2014 4:33 PM

Be careful will the CS. It can cause some adverse side effects and some are irreversible!

12-08-2014 4:33 PM
Thanks given by kimosabe

Share This Thread