Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

Exclusive Offer for PheroTruth Members!

Limited Time Offer - Register now and gain access to a discount code good for 70% on any orders from Luv Essentials.

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mooncups
Tisha
Inactive Account

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 148
Thanks received:
209 thanks in 159 posts

Mooncups
12-27-2009 2:47 PM

Anybody use them ?  I love mine.  I have a few and its so much better then using tampons.  Takes a little practice to get used to but very comfortable good for mother earth.  Saves money to.

Funny story just for the ladies, kinda gross to .  Dont read if your eating.  LOL   I was in the ladies room at work and sometimes when you take it out they make a popping noise LOL  There was another lady in the next stall and she go's jesus what the hell was that.  I told her its my moon cup and explained it to her.  She was amazed and wanted to see it and I was like I have to clean rinse it off and put it back in.  I had another one in my purse in a case which I slide under to her stall so she could see what it looked like and she tried it on YUCK...............   I told her she could have it after that LOL   She loves the thing. 

Tisha

12-27-2009 2:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Diane999
Banned for Violations

Sex: Male

Thanks Given: 9
Thanks received:
106 thanks in 73 posts

Posts=648, but changed to 0 to remove from top posters list
RE: Mooncups
12-27-2009 3:13 PM

LOL... that's kind of ... cheeky!

Diane
12-27-2009 3:13 PM
Phya
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 29
Thanks received:
89 thanks in 60 posts

12-27-2009 4:17 PM

Wow, I'm not sure what I expected under 'Mooncups', but it certainly wasn't this. Smile I think I'll sloowly back out now.. P

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma... which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
-Steve Jobs
12-27-2009 4:17 PM
esmeralda
The Phero Faerie

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 136
Thanks received:
75 thanks in 53 posts

12-27-2009 4:48 PM

lol...wow she tried it on?! Eek

I knew about it a long time ago, just haven't had the gutts to try it... my sister found it cool. It seems a bit messy lol P
12-27-2009 4:48 PM
Tisha
Inactive Account

Rep Post

Thanks received:
209 thanks in 159 posts

12-27-2009 5:13 PM

Quote:lol...wow she tried it on?!

Yep like put it in her. I heard her moving around and then she go's oh this is comfortable and it wasnt bad putting in. Rolleyes I was a little stunned and just said yeah they are great you can have that one LOL She is lucky we wore the same size, there not like tampons you cant just pop down to walgreens and pick them up .

They are not messy once you get the hang of it. You have to make sure you tip it as you pull it out and you have the means to rinse it off before you place it back. Our stalls at work have sinks in them. You also have to clean them nightly so its good to get more then one.

Quote:Wow, I'm not sure what I expected under 'Mooncups', but it certainly wasn't this. I think I'll sloowly back out now..

LOL sorry didnt mean to shock you. However do you know that tampons can stay in landfills for years and years before they finally decompose. Just think of all the hundreds of thousands used tampons clogging up the earth. LOL

Tisha
12-27-2009 5:13 PM

Bella
Away
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 216
Thanks received:
143 thanks in 96 posts

12-30-2009 6:36 PM

(12-27-2009 4:17 PM)Phya Wrote:   Wow, I'm not sure what I expected under 'Mooncups', but it certainly wasn't this. Smile I think I'll sloowly back out now.. P

LOL! You'd better start runnin'... :D

(12-27-2009 2:47 PM)Tisha Wrote:  Anybody use them ?  I love mine.  I have a few and its so much better then using tampons.  Takes a little practice to get used to but very comfortable good for mother earth.  Saves money to.

Yep...lol. I had the original Tasaway cup. That was way long ago. At that time it never took off and was discontinued. Since the Toxic Shock Syndrome scare concerning tampons that are too absorbent they've come to light again and become more popular and available. (They took Rely off the market because of it...that was the best damn tampon I ever used!) And as you said, Tish, it's much better for the environment rather than filling up landfills with pads and plugs.

Selva, granted, it can be a bit messy/tricky, in the beginning, till you figure it out (suction = pop! lol) ...but just like anything else...a little practice and you're good to go. ;)

There are also natural sea sponges as an alternative to conventional tampons. With a little experience wearing them you can feel when you need to change them. I carry an extra so I can replace it immediately, then wash the used one out and pop it all clean into the little baggie so it's ready for the next round. If you properly care for them they last a long time. They're not for everybody but good for women who aren't skeeved by actually having to handle them. Really, is doing that any more gross than landfills piled with used tampons? Eek

Here's an interesting article -

(12-27-2009 2:47 PM)Tisha Wrote:  Funny story just for the ladies, kinda gross to .  Dont read if your eating.  LOL   I was in the ladies room at work and sometimes when you take it out they make a popping noise LOL  There was another lady in the next stall and she go's jesus what the hell was that.  I told her its my moon cup and explained it to her.  She was amazed and wanted to see it and I was like I have to clean rinse it off and put it back in.  I had another one in my purse in a case which I slide under to her stall so she could see what it looked like and she tried it on YUCK...............   I told her she could have it after that LOL   She loves the thing. 

(12-27-2009 3:13 PM)Diane999 Wrote:   LOL... that's kind of ... cheeky!

I'll say. I've had weird shit happen in "Ladies" Rooms...but...lol. 

Bella
12-30-2009 6:36 PM
Diane999
Banned for Violations

Thanks Given: 9
Thanks received:
106 thanks in 73 posts

Posts=648, but changed to 0 to remove from top posters list
12-30-2009 7:13 PM

How do you sterilize them? Seems like the sponges would be ideal for unwanted overgrowth of stuff like yeasts and other critters, especially with traces of blood that wouldn't easily rinse out all the way.

Diane
12-30-2009 7:13 PM
Bella
Away
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 216
Thanks received:
143 thanks in 96 posts

12-30-2009 7:18 PM

Scroll down and read, How to Use Sea Pearls and FAQ, for an explanation.

Bella

12-30-2009 7:18 PM
Tisha
Inactive Account

Rep Post

Thanks received:
209 thanks in 159 posts

12-31-2009 2:08 PM

Natural sea sponges.........  That is so cool I have not seen these.  You know I am gonna try them  Don't worry I wont show anyone in the ladies room.  I learned my lesson LOL 

The recently changed something about tampons probably due to toxic shock.  I find when I am stuck and I have to use them they are not absorbing at all.  Its almost like the blood finds a way around them.  I am so happy I dont have to use them and there are better alternatives now. 

12-31-2009 2:08 PM

Sillykitty
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 19
Thanks received:
46 thanks in 32 posts

12-31-2009 2:21 PM

So, the Mooncups don't leak at all? And how do you know when its full?

12-31-2009 2:21 PM

Share This Thread