Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Montale Perfumes
Chaotic
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 390
Thanks received:
511 thanks in 171 posts

Montale Perfumes
12-08-2011 9:51 PM

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone is acquainted with this niche house. I just recently bought some bottles and samples. I can say this is one of the best and reasonably price accessible niche perfume houses. I use colognes/perfumes with two main purposes: to enjoy them myself, and obviously as phero cover. My main complaint about the regular designer frags is that most of them don't last on my skin or I just don't plain like them. This niche house is rather special; most of their perfumes (EdP) have aoud in them. They have amazing projection and excellent longevity. They go amazing as phero covers, and most of them are serious head-turners and compliment getters by themselves.

So here are some of my review/impressions:

Aoud Musk: This one is definitely loud, masculine, and dark. The aoud note is there but does not stand out. Yet there is a note that makes it a bit creamy, but not sweet (saffron).
Projection:10/10
Longevity: 10hrs+

Black Musk: This one smells very similar to Black Aoud without the roses, and leather/musk instead. It still has the discernible aoud note. There is really nothing "˜black' or "˜dark' about it. It smells rather "˜fresh/musky' as opposed to Aoud Musk. I really enjoy this one and goes great with most Pheromones. By itself it is a serious head-turner.
Projection: 8/10
Longevity: 9hrs+

Blue Amber: OMG!!! What a scent. This is an uncomplicated very simple scent. But this is what it makes it so alluring. Yes just amber, vanilla with some hints of lavender. Quite an addicting perfume. A beautiful lady came over to me to ask me what cologne I was wearing. She said it was "˜hypnotic'. I find it masculine but certainly see women wearing it too.
Longevity: Ridiculous 24hrs+

Red Vetyver: Yes, it's a twin of TdH. But I like this one better. Its TdH on steroids.
Projection: 10/10

Wild Aoud: The scent is hard to describe. But on my skin on the drydown it smells very similar to Creed's Himalaya. This is a scent I loved but never lasted more than 2-3 hrs on my skin. Wild Aoud is a very good alternative.

Woods & Spices: I really can't describe this one very well either. It's clean, fresh, and spicy. It is masculine to my nose. Projection and longevity are still to be tested

Golden Aoud: I think this is the best Aoud/Rose from Montale. Has some geranium and woods. I don't get much of the pepper note that's supposed to be in there (Jamaican capsicum). Very suitable for everyday wear.
Longevity: 6 hours + (after 6th hour it becomes a skin scent that lasts for maybe another 5-6 hours).

Lime Aoud: A nice fresh aoud scent, yet with that medicinal vibe characteristic of Montale scents. I believe this has no real lime note in it, but it's the combination of the rose and other notes that gives the lime scent. If I wouldn't know this I would swear it had a lime in it.
Longevity: 10 hours +

Anyway, anyone acquainted with this house? Any other comments/reviews?

Best,
Chaotic

...........................................................................................................................

How to create your own subliminals:
http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Creating-Subliminals

My ramblings(not really a journal):
http://pherotruth.com/Thread-CHAOTIC%C2%...-SEDUCTION
12-08-2011 9:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by shadowknight, idontknow, BigJoe, Rattlesnake, SeriousSmile, sunny10, JesseJester, as33156, Iceali, bored4life, Snoopyace

shadowknight
BOSS

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 3246
Thanks received:
310 thanks in 188 posts

RE: Montale Perfumes
12-08-2011 10:28 PM

(12-08-2011 9:51 PM)Chaotic Wrote:  Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone is acquainted with this niche house. I just recently bought some bottles and samples. I can say this is one of the best and reasonably price accessible niche perfume houses. I use colognes/perfumes with two main purposes: to enjoy them myself, and obviously as phero cover. My main complaint about the regular designer frags is that most of them don't last on my skin or I just don't plain like them. This niche house is rather special; most of their perfumes (EdP) have aoud in them. They have amazing projection and excellent longevity. They go amazing as phero covers, and most of them are serious head-turners and compliment getters by themselves.

So here are some of my review/impressions:

Aoud Musk: This one is definitely loud, masculine, and dark. The aoud note is there but does not stand out. Yet there is a note that makes it a bit creamy, but not sweet (saffron).
Projection:10/10

Black Musk: This one smells very similar to Black Aoud without the roses, and leather/musk instead. It still has the discernible aoud note. There is really nothing "˜black' or "˜dark' about it. It smells rather "˜fresh/musky' as opposed to Aoud Musk. I really enjoy this one and goes great with most Pheromones. By itself it is a serious head-turner.

Blue Amber: OMG!!! What a scent. This is an uncomplicated very simple scent. But this is what it makes it so alluring. Yes just amber, vanilla with some hints of lavender. Quite an addicting perfume. A beautiful lady came over to me to ask me what cologne I was wearing. She said it was "˜hypnotic'. I find it masculine but certainly see women wearing it too.
Longevity: Ridiculous 24hrs+

Red Vetyver: Yes, it's a twin of TdH. But I like this one better. Its TdH on steroids.

Wild Aoud: The scent is hard to describe. But on my skin on the drydown it smells very similar to Creed's Himalaya. This is a scent I loved but never lasted more than 2-3 hrs on my skin. Wild Aoud is a very good alternative.

Woods & Spices: I really can't describe this one very well either. It's clean, fresh, and spicy. It is masculine to my nose. Projection and longevity are still to be tested

Golden Aoud: I think this is the best Aoud/Rose from Montale. Has some geranium and woods. I don't get much of the pepper note that's supposed to be in there (Jamaican capsicum). Very suitable for everyday wear.
Longevity: 6 hours + (after 6th hour it becomes a skin scent that lasts for maybe another 5-6 hours).

Lime Aoud: A nice fresh aoud scent, yet with that medicinal vibe characteristic of Montale scents. I believe this has no real lime note in it, but it's the combination of the rose and other notes that gives the lime scent. If I wouldn't know this I would swear it had a lime in it.
Longevity: 10 hours +

Anyway, anyone acquainted with this house? Any other comments/reviews?

Best,
Chaotic
where did you get the samples? I would like to try them out in the future.

PeRs0n@L J0uRn@L

Liquid Alchemy Labs: aqua vitae, badwolf, posses alpha, nude
Alpha Dream: Corpo,Alfa Maschio, LIIK v1
Love Scent: New Pheromone Additive, E.O.W. perception samples
True Pheromones: TA, TComm,TI oil/Body spray,TL oil/spray
HAX: m512
Paradise7: pursuit
12-08-2011 10:28 PM
Chaotic
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
511 thanks in 171 posts

12-08-2011 10:49 PM

Hey Shadowknight;

I live in Europe and get them from . Probably in the US you can get them from the perfumed court or lucky scent (?).

If you decide you want to buy full bottles do it directly from Montale in Paris, it will be cheaper and for every 100ml you buy you get one 20ml free.
You would have to do it through their website (by email or phone).

I apologize if this wasn't too helpful, but I think availability may be an issue depending where you live.

Best,
Chaotic

...........................................................................................................................

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2011 7:09 AM by Chaotic.)
12-08-2011 10:49 PM
Thanks given by shadowknight, BigJoe
BigJoe
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 59
Thanks received:
108 thanks in 44 posts

12-08-2011 11:47 PM

You can get most of these samples at luckyscents.com for about $4.00 each. I just placed an order for a few samples. Let's see how it goes...
12-08-2011 11:47 PM
Thanks given by shadowknight
Chaotic
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
511 thanks in 171 posts

12-09-2011 2:29 AM

(12-08-2011 11:47 PM)BigJoe Wrote:  You can get most of these samples at luckyscents.com for about $4.00 each. I just placed an order for a few samples. Let's see how it goes...

Yes, that's a good idea. Get samples and do a full-day wear. It is unwise to blind buy these perfumes. They are very exotic and uncommon scents, very different from what the usual designers offer (JPG, Armani, Gucci, Mugler...). These are definitely love or hate.

Best,
Chaotic

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2011 2:33 AM by Chaotic.)
12-09-2011 2:29 AM
Thanks given by shadowknight

BigJoe
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 59
Thanks received:
108 thanks in 44 posts

12-28-2011 11:22 AM

I've tried most of what you mentioned. I definitely love some of these scents. I also found black musk to be a great mone cover scent. The best Montale cover scent so far has been Red Aoud.

Thanks for making me aware of these Montale Parfumes. They're also strong. An 8 ml decant will probably last you half a year!
12-28-2011 11:22 AM
Thanks given by Chaotic
Chaotic
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
511 thanks in 171 posts

12-30-2011 10:06 AM

(12-28-2011 11:22 AM)BigJoe Wrote:  I've tried most of what you mentioned. I definitely love some of these scents. I also found black musk to be a great mone cover scent. The best Montale cover scent so far has been Red Aoud.

Thanks for making me aware of these Montale Parfumes. They're also strong. An 8 ml decant will probably last you half a year!

Glad to know you enjoyed some. Montale is pretty good, they have unusual scents, and the projection and longevity are monstrous, these is what I look for in a cologne/perfume.

Best,
Chaotic

12-30-2011 10:06 AM
Rattlesnake
Serious Poster

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1331
Thanks received:
787 thanks in 328 posts

12-30-2011 10:32 AM

Thanks for the info Smile Will check them out. Repped!
12-30-2011 10:32 AM
Thanks given by Chaotic
sunny10
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 48
Thanks received:
142 thanks in 72 posts

12-30-2011 3:41 PM

Looked at the prices, they are in the same range as Creed products. Going to try and get some samples, if they are good, between this and LM oils I will never have to look and use a mainstream product ever again. Big Grin
12-30-2011 3:41 PM

extraballislit
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1300
Thanks received:
362 thanks in 188 posts

12-30-2011 3:45 PM

(12-30-2011 3:41 PM)sunny10 Wrote:  Looked at the prices, they are in the same range as Creed products. Going to try and get some samples, if they are good, between this and LM oils I will never have to look and use a mainstream product ever again. Big Grin

Excuse my ignorance...

What are LM oils?

Thanks.

Talk to you soon.
12-30-2011 3:45 PM

Share This Thread