Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Montale Perfumes
sunny10
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 48
Thanks received:
142 thanks in 72 posts

RE: Montale Perfumes
12-30-2011 4:20 PM

(12-30-2011 3:45 PM)extraballislit Wrote:  Excuse my ignorance...

What are LM oils?

Thanks.

Talk to you soon.

Duh, sorry I mean Love Potion as in products from Love Potion Magickal Perfumerie.
12-30-2011 4:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by extraballislit
Chaotic
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 390
Thanks received:
511 thanks in 171 posts

12-30-2011 5:04 PM

(12-30-2011 3:41 PM)sunny10 Wrote:  Looked at the prices, they are in the same range as Creed products. Going to try and get some samples, if they are good, between this and LM oils I will never have to look and use a mainstream product ever again. Big Grin

I used to have quite a few Creeds, but now I have a love/hate feeling for them. I love many of their fragrances but hate the fact that many don't last more than a couple of hours on my skin. Last one I got was Millesime Imperiale, smells beautiful, but is just a skin scent that lasts 2-3 hours. I'm over with Creeds. Along the same line, I love Bond No. 9.

Montale is just very different. They have a long line of Aoud(and other non-Aoud) scent variations. Like Big Joe mentioned, they are potent so they go a long way. My only caveat is the availability and pricing from online distributors.

So if anyone decides to buy a full bottle do it directly from Montale Paris. They don't have an online purchase web page so you have to use email and/or phone. I suggest to do the following:
-Send in by email your order and personal information(Name, phone, and address) except your cc info.
-Once you receive a quote and confirmation that your perfume is in stock, then you can call them to give your cc info.

The advantages of buying directly from them are:
-You get 20ml travel spray of your choice for every 100ml purchase
-Free shipping

Anyway, I'm glad some are enjoying the perfumes from this house. And I hope Montale keeps up the good work.

And Best wishes for all Pherotruth members!!! May this coming 2012 be an awesome year full of health and prosperity!!! Sun bespectacled

Chaotic

...........................................................................................................................

How to create your own subliminals:
http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Creating-Subliminals

My ramblings(not really a journal):
http://pherotruth.com/Thread-CHAOTIC%C2%...-SEDUCTION
12-30-2011 5:04 PM
Thanks given by shadowknight, sunny10
BigJoe
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 59
Thanks received:
108 thanks in 44 posts

12-30-2011 5:20 PM

I ordered samples from luckyscent.com. I suggest you start with the ones Chaotic mentioned. Wear them a few days. See what you like. These scents are very strong, and last. It really is love or hate. I love Blue Amber, Black Aoud, Red Vetyver, and Black Aoud. I hate Aoud Lime. And as much as I lone Black Aoud, I can't wear it anywhere. The rose is strong.

When you are ready to order, you can order directly from the Paris Shop. I'll do this next timw.

If you are in North America, you can get decent prices from .theperfumeshoppe.com I ordered from them. Good service.
12-30-2011 5:20 PM
Thanks given by Chaotic

sunny10
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 48
Thanks received:
142 thanks in 72 posts

01-05-2012 12:59 PM

Damn this stuff is HOT!!!!!!!!
I tried a few of the samples, it projects class like no other fragrance I've smelt before. The ones I tried are not the subtle type, in the initial application they hit you with a strong but elegant "this is me" statement, if you know what I mean.
This is not a fragrance for boys, these seem to be very much alpha personality fragrances. And the prices make sure of that as well.

This is not a fragrance for the a-holes, arrogant, cocky fake alphas. You need a certain class in the way you speak and behave to project a congruent vibe.

Let me put it another way, this stuff can easily make your cheap rental tux seem like you actually own it and it's expensive.

Damn if ADirect used this stuff in their mones, then the prices would make sense. Hint, hint Steve.Mrgreen

NB most the their scents are unisex, I would love to know what this would smell like on a women. ;)
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2012 1:16 PM by sunny10.)
01-05-2012 12:59 PM
Thanks given by shadowknight, Chaotic
Chaotic
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
511 thanks in 171 posts

01-27-2012 9:56 AM

(01-05-2012 12:59 PM)sunny10 Wrote:  Damn this stuff is HOT!!!!!!!!

This is not a fragrance for boys, these seem to be very much alpha personality fragrances.

This is not a fragrance for the a-holes, arrogant, cocky fake alphas. You need a certain class in the way you speak and behave to project a congruent vibe.

+1 Exactly my thoughts!

Nice to see another Montale convert. Glad to know some people are enjoying these fragrances.

Enjoy them in good health!

Best,
Chaotic

...........................................................................................................................

01-27-2012 9:56 AM
Ozee
Pheromone lab rats

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 246
Thanks received:
127 thanks in 83 posts

06-10-2012 1:09 AM

Chaotic, are you possibly from Middle East?

Edit: Sorry, didn't noticed your previous post stating you're from Europe. I ask because Blue Amber similar with some common perfume from Middle East known as 'Attar'. Since you like the scent, I thought you were from there. Didn't expect European guys to like it..

Liquid Alchemy Labs
AV
Wolf
Bad Wolf
Dirty Primitive
Nude
Voodoo
SXD-9
Overdose
Possess Alpha
Hypnotica
A1

Pheromone-XS
SOB (Spray)
Bliss
Xist (Oil & Spray)
Dominant Ascend
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2012 1:15 AM by Ozee.)
06-10-2012 1:09 AM
Thanks given by Chaotic
Chaotic
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
511 thanks in 171 posts

06-10-2012 2:18 AM

Ooohhh... Arabian perfumery is the best.

Yes, that Blue Amber seems to have some magnetic qualities. At least it gets a bunch of compliments. I really don't know how "Arabian" that scent may be. Montale makes Oriental (Arab) perfumes geared towards westerners. You said it compares to "Attar". I also have the Attar by Montale. To me it smells too floral. I really don't know how close the Montale's Attar may compare to a real Arab Attar.

I also enjoy the house Arabian Oud. I have the Woody Intense (no pun), Moukhallat Al Shiouk, and Ghroub. Moukhallat Al Shiouk is by far my favorite, a true masterpiece.

BTW, I would appreciate if you could tell me more about Attars. What are they made of? What they smell like? (I know it may be to complicated to describe a scent in words).

Best,
Chaotic

06-10-2012 2:18 AM

Ozee
Pheromone lab rats

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 246
Thanks received:
127 thanks in 83 posts

06-10-2012 6:43 AM

I guess Attar means perfume in Arabic since most perfumes from there called attar. I'm not a fan of it since it is too strong for me. But Blue Amber reminds me with attar which contain Agarwood. You can refer here:

Liquid Alchemy Labs
AV
Wolf
Bad Wolf
Dirty Primitive
Nude
Voodoo
SXD-9
Overdose
Possess Alpha
Hypnotica
A1

Pheromone-XS
SOB (Spray)
Bliss
Xist (Oil & Spray)
Dominant Ascend
06-10-2012 6:43 AM
Thanks given by Chaotic
Alpha-Romeo
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 28
Thanks received:
20 thanks in 12 posts

06-01-2015 10:33 AM

(12-28-2011 11:22 AM)BigJoe Wrote:  I've tried most of what you mentioned. I definitely love some of these scents. I also found black musk to be a great mone cover scent. The best Montale cover scent so far has been Red Aoud.

Thanks for making me aware of these Montale Parfumes. They're also strong. An 8 ml decant will probably last you half a year!

This is an old thread, but most of what's in it is still valid. I was surprised to find the samples at LuckyScents are still only $4.00. Out of the ones Chaotic reviewed, only 3 were available - Aoud Musk, Lime Aoud, & Red Vetyver. I found a sample of Blue Amber on Ebay for $15, but I'm going to hold off on that till I find out whether .07 oz is enough to get a feel for whether I like it.

@ BigJoe
Where do you get 8 ml decants from? The next size up at LuckyScents is 50 ml.

@ Chaotic
Thanks for this thread. It is exactly what I was looking for. And if you have reviewed other scents in the past 3 years, I for one would be interested in hearing about them.

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2015 10:51 AM by Alpha-Romeo.)
06-01-2015 10:33 AM

Share This Thread