Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Manscaping for the Modern Man
Fishdude
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 197
Thanks received:
857 thanks in 379 posts

RE: Manscaping for the Modern Man
12-10-2014 2:13 PM

That bodygroom pro you mention. It's a wet and dry? Can be used in the shower?

I understand Kimosabe , those hot humid climates can be a bother. I do get my back waxed on occasion however, no other way to get back there.
12-10-2014 2:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Macro
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 76
Thanks received:
44 thanks in 31 posts

12-10-2014 2:33 PM

Gents, try Nads cream down under.

10 mins on skin, wipe away / scrub in shower. Job done. Although you may find the odd hair here and there.
Best thing - it doesn't sting at all. It does stink though, so you'll want to shower immediately afterwards.
I love the stuff coz there is no way I'm taking a razor down there and I often cut myself using a trimmer.

Resolve and thou art free

Arsenal:
Liquid Alchemy Labs - Wolf, Aqua Vitae, Nude Alpha
PheromoneXS - Cohesion, Taboo, Xist, Loveboat, Bliss, Evolve, SOB, Ascend
Apex - Core, Titan
Androtics Direct - A314, Turn Up The Heat
12-10-2014 2:33 PM
kimosabe
Congruent Confidence

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 743
Thanks received:
813 thanks in 559 posts

12-10-2014 3:35 PM

(12-10-2014 2:13 PM)Fishdude Wrote:  That bodygroom pro you mention. It's a wet and dry? Can be used in the shower?

I understand Kimosabe , those hot humid climates can be a bother. I do get my back waxed on occasion however, no other way to get back there.

Yep, wet and dry, can be used in the shower which is how I do it.

Interestingly enough, back and arm hairs are the only ones I've left alone so far.

(12-10-2014 2:33 PM)Macro Wrote:  Gents, try Nads cream down under.

10 mins on skin, wipe away / scrub in shower. Job done. Although you may find the odd hair here and there.
Best thing - it doesn't sting at all. It does stink though, so you'll want to shower immediately afterwards.
I love the stuff coz there is no way I'm taking a razor down there and I often cut myself using a trimmer.

Thanks for the tip, will look into it once AmazonUPS decides to stop being a little prick (heh heh!) Mrgreen

ME = Awesome
ME(Mones) = Awesome(Quicker)
ME = Awesome

Phero Tool Chest
PT: Desi, CPT, THU, GOA, Auraental*, AOA*, AT*, TS*, EFZ*
Apex: Core, Titan, Core V2*
LAL: Wolf, DP, A4A, OD*
PD: AM
LS:A314,Chikara, scented SOE, old NPA, W.A.G.G-N (all '09 - '10 vintage)
VL: LT ('09 vintage)
*sample ^in shipment
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2014 3:57 AM by kimosabe.)
12-10-2014 3:35 PM

kimosabe
Congruent Confidence

Rep Post

Thanks received:
813 thanks in 559 posts

Some Manscaping Updates #2
12-17-2014 4:11 PM

One of the concerns for the manscaping modern man with sensitive skin is post-"shaving" itchiness and eczema-breakout. Especially if you're like me, impatient and not knowing your own strength at times, and decide to go all Rambo over your skin with your BodyGroom Pro. Shok

[Image: attachment.php?aid=687]

I'm now officially changing my one-step manscaping system into a two-step. Enter Kiss My Face Moisture Shave cream and Nubian African Black Soap Bodywash.

1. Wet one leg below the knee
  2. Apply Kiss My Face Moisture Shave up until well-lathered
  3. "Shave" using the head of the BodyGroom Pro in an up-down motion until bottom half of leg completely shaven
  4. Inspect by feel via palm of hand and re-do missed spots
  5. Wash down remnant shaving cream
  6. Wet down and lather shaving cream on other body parts; repeat above process
  7. Wet down whole body and soap up with African Black Soap
  8. Rinse off

A couple words of caution about using Kiss My Face Moisture Shave - it makes your skin so slippery that it's easy to miss spots if you're not meticulous. Also, given it's creamy nature, it easily gunks up the "shaving" head of the BodyGroom Pro, so more frequent rinsing under the tap is needed.

That said, this thing is FAR more effective than just soap. Your skin doesn't come away feeling tight and tingling as though one has just gone through a poultry-defeathering machine. Skin feels pliant, soft and nourished.

Follow it up with African Black Soap Bodywash. This thing is also available in bar soap format from iHerb, and is said to work even better. The fragrance of this thing is AWESOME! It smells wholesome, for lack of a better term. It contains granules of something, and soothes and exfoliates gently as you soap up. In fact, I used it on my face and it cleans very well, leaving my face feeling nourished. Skin doesn't feel tight at all, unlike soap. My facial wash product is now well and truly replaced, as is my regular bodywash. Two birds with one stone!

This morning, I woke up expecting to feel some post-"shaving" itchiness and further breakout of eczema (broke out 2 days ago.) NOPE! Instead, the old breakout had all but disappeared and the larger spots are healing well! No itchiness! I'll run the African Black Soap Bodywash further and update as we go along.

About an hour after dinner, in an air-conditioned environment, I followed up by further moisturizing my skin with Nature's Gate fragrance-free moisturizing lotion. Its consistency makes it a little difficult to apply, since it kinda sticks to the skin, but if you work it and spread it out well, it dries down without leaving an oily or greasy feel to the skin. Today, after getting out of bed (I sleep with the A/C on), my skin still feels plenty moisturized. Very nice!

Since manscaping involves HAIR, I might as well throw this in here. Everyday Coconut Shampoo and it's counterpart Conditioner have now well and truly replaced my regular shampoo and conditioner. My hair has only ever felt this soft and flowy right after leaving my hairdresser's after a rebonding & nourishing treatment.

The shampoo lathers up well and cleans effectively. Once rinsed down, hair felt squeaky clean but not very pliant, which made me quite concerned since I wasn't planning to use gel last night. So on went the conditioner, combed through hair and then rinsed off. That made the difference.

So I guess the idea is that if you're not planning to gel your hair after showering, go ahead and use the conditioner for extra silky smoothness that flows in the breeze like the popular commercials. Mosking

These two products have made one of my hair care products - conditioning cream - redundant. Me likey! Good

ME = Awesome
ME = Awesome

Phero Tool Chest
*sample ^in shipment
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2014 4:19 PM by kimosabe.)
12-17-2014 4:11 PM
kimosabe
Congruent Confidence

Rep Post

Thanks received:
813 thanks in 559 posts

A Facial Shave Update
12-17-2014 10:34 PM

Used Weleda Shaving Cream today to shave my beard.

Not impressed, not disappointed either. Works as well as my current Gillette Foamy shaving cream, just without as much foam.

I'll use Kiss My Face on my face next time and see how that compares. Definitely buying more of this for manscaping duties at least.

Using Schick Hydro 5 for facial shaving. The old Schick Quattro Titanium has been relegated to armpit shaving duties some time back.

Also used HBG Unscented Aftershave today. This product is good when I'm heading out with my choice of cologne and don't want to come across as Cologne Guy. It has a pleasant fragrance when applied, but that dries down and goes away. Will buy again.

ME = Awesome
ME = Awesome

Phero Tool Chest
*sample ^in shipment
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2014 10:37 PM by kimosabe.)
12-17-2014 10:34 PM
kimosabe
Congruent Confidence

Rep Post

Thanks received:
813 thanks in 559 posts

12-18-2014 3:55 PM

Couldn't leave this unsaid - the granules of SOMETHING in African Black Soap are Dead Sea Salt and Jojoba Beads.

ME = Awesome
ME = Awesome

Phero Tool Chest
*sample ^in shipment
12-18-2014 3:55 PM
ShadowX114
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 15
Thanks received:
28 thanks in 19 posts

12-23-2014 12:15 PM

I skimmed through the thread but I see that you guys share the same ideas.

I too use the BodyGroom Pro and love it (although initially, I wasn't that satisfied with it. I thought it would shave closer than it does).

I trim my armpit with it with the trimmer. As for genitals, I love using the 360 side. No more cutting myself down there (although it does happen, rarely, when doing the testicles).

I also shave my back with it and it does the job very well (I'm not that hairy in the back but prefer to be completely shaved) but I'm curious to try baKblade and

I'd be careful with Nads cream Macro suggested. I used to have Nair but it says on the label not to use on genitals. So read the back label of Nads before you try.

As for my beard, I first scrub it with ( under the shower, then I apply my shaving cream (not foam, I hate foams). My after-shave is aloe vera gel. (). Since aloe vera heals cuts and bumps, I thought it would be a good product. I`m happy with it. I find that after-shave creams, no matter how natural they claim to be, always have random ingredients. So the aloe vera is a good one.
12-23-2014 12:15 PM
Thanks given by kimosabe

kimosabe
Congruent Confidence

Rep Post

Thanks received:
813 thanks in 559 posts

12-23-2014 3:27 PM

Try Kiss My Face Moisture Shave cream that I talked about above. It allows the BodyGroom Pro to shave closer than before, and offers the same effect on my face with the Hydro 5 also. I've replaced Gillette Foamy with Kiss My Face now.

Also, I was deciding between the black soap in your link and the one from Nubian. Chose Nubian instead, and I'm very happy with how it performs, so much so that I'm planning to get their African Black Soap Extract Body Lotion and offer up the Nature's Gate stuff I have now for general duties to the household.

ME = Awesome
ME = Awesome

Phero Tool Chest
*sample ^in shipment
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2014 3:30 PM by kimosabe.)
12-23-2014 3:27 PM
Thanks given by ShadowX114
kimosabe
Congruent Confidence

Rep Post

Thanks received:
813 thanks in 559 posts

12-23-2014 9:20 PM

Today's results with Kiss My Face Moisture Shave cream and BodyGroom Pro, fresh outta the shower:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=693]

That's a pic of part of my calf. That's about the closest shave that the BodyGroom Pro offers. I like it this way, prevents stubble rash.

Shave with Kiss My Face.
Bathe with Nubian African Black Soap.
Moisturise with Nature's Gate lotion.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

ME = Awesome
ME = Awesome

Phero Tool Chest
*sample ^in shipment
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2014 9:25 PM by kimosabe.)
12-23-2014 9:20 PM
ShadowX114
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 15
Thanks received:
28 thanks in 19 posts

12-24-2014 7:31 PM

Thanks for the Kiss my face recommendation. Will order it from iherb when I'm out of shaving cream. I ordered NOW's shaving cream , 3 weeks ago. I can't really review it yet but the smell is kinda like yogurt which is weird.
12-24-2014 7:31 PM

Share This Thread