Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Love Scent 25% Discount Code
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Sex: Male

Thanks Given: 1561
Thanks received:
3957 thanks in 1676 posts

Love Scent 25% Discount Code
04-18-2013 11:55 AM

Hey folks, Bruce is offerning a 25% discount code which can be used for Love Scent purchases through Wednesday 4/25. To take advantage of the discount please use this link and enter the discount code: EarthDay.

Stop striving for PERFECTION, because the closer you get to achieving it the further away the goalpost moves. Instead, concentrate on PROGRESS, because you that you can meet and surpass every day!

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
04-18-2013 11:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by terry0400-40

terry0400-40

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 3696
Thanks received:
3017 thanks in 1427 posts

RE: Love Scent 25% Discount Code
05-03-2013 1:20 PM

Mother's Day is just around the corner, and in honor of motherhood in the largest sense we have lots of treats for women everywhere.

* Mothers Day discount coupon code: "MothersDay" for 25% off (almost) everything we sell
To qualify you must either be a mother or have had one at some point in your life Smile

* Cool article on how women are better than men Smile (see below)

* New women's product beta test samples are "in the mail" (really).
Hope to have the final product on shelves by June 1

* Best selling women's pheromone products featured on our home page

My thread >
http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Sex-pills-a...nt-reviews
05-03-2013 1:20 PM
terry0400-40

Rep Post

Thanks received:

05-23-2013 2:24 PM

Greetings Love Scenters

Hope you are well and enjoying some Spring weather. After what appeared to be endless fine weather here in the Pacific NW, we are getting hit with quite a storm at the moment.

* I came across an interesting article on pheromones in an ancient edition of the Pheronews and am reprinting it in its entirety today, so be sure to read on.

* 25% off everything (except combos) from now to Memorial Day
use coupon code: "WeSaluteYou"

* Finally got an answer for IMPI fans (see below)

* Beta testers! Please turn in your questionnaires ASAP.

----------------------------------------

FEATURE ARTICLE

PHEROMONES 101:
A Starters Guide to Pheromone Science

by Dale Andrews for Love-Scent.com

For many people, the human sciences are a fascinating but somewhat murky realm, filled with complex terms and indecipherable jargon. Some of the words might sound familiar from that early morning Biology class you snoozed through, but generally speaking it's a dry and technical area unless you happen to have a background in biology or chemistry.

Still, if you're like most of us, you also have a great deal of curiosity about human sexuality. And if you're reading this, it's clear that you're also curious about human pheromones and the role they play in our sexual and reproductive behavior. Maybe you've seen some of the marketing hype that claims human pheromones are the "ultimate aphrodisiac." Or, maybe you stumbled upon an article in some scientific journal that was so dense with "science speak" it was like reading a foreign language.

If you want to know some of the basics about human pheromones, then read on! The following article will provide a glimpse into this relatively new science.

What are pheromones?
The term "pheromone" was coined by researchers in the 1950s and comes from the ancient Greek words pherein (to carry) and hormon (to excite). Pheromones can be thought of as chemical "messengers" that have the potential to evoke responses in others of the same species. Female rats, for example, will raise their rumps in a mating posture upon catching a whiff of a pheromone from the male of the species.

For a long time, scientists and the general public believed that humans were so highly evolved that there was no longer any such thing as a human pheromone. Much of the reasoning was centered on the argument that humans didn't posses a specialized organ in the nose - the vomeronasal organ (VNO) - that acts as a pheromone detector in most mammals. However, by the 1990s researchers had found that humans do indeed possess a VNO, and more recent research has shown that the organ will respond to tiny amounts of pheromone (or pheromone-like) substances [1].

While scientists still haven't shown that the human VNO is fully functional (i.e. connected to the brain) there is evidence to suggest that the normal sense of smell can pick up chemical signals. Whether the communication happens through our normal sense of smell or the VNO, one thing is clear: our body odors can unconsciously affect others. Numerous studies have shown that the chemical substances (in sweat and other odorous bodily secretions) can affect the behavior and hormone levels of people around us. Female pheromones, for example, can regulate ovulation in other women [2], and chemicals produced in male sweat can influence the mood and hormone levels of females [3].

It still isn't known just how many pheromones are produced by humans, but most studies have focused on two chemicals - androstenone and androstenol. Androstenone is characterized by its somewhat urinous scent and androstenol has a specific musky odor. These odorous substances are only produced by sexually mature humans and are found in greater concentration in males. Interestingly, these same chemicals are found in other species including swine.

Do pheromones affect us?
While there is plenty of evidence to suggest that pheromones do affect our social and reproductive behavior, the exact role of these chemical signals is something that remains elusive.

In most studies, androstenol has generally caused females to see males as more attractive. One team of researchers gave 38 men and 38 women a necklace with a pendant containing androstenol, which they wore while sleeping. The next morning, the subjects' social interactions were measured and it was found that women wearing the necklace had much more intensive contact with men [4].

In another study, volunteers were asked to rate photographs of men and women. Volunteers who were under the influence of androstenol rated the photos of women as sexier and more attractive, and rated the photos of men as warmer and friendlier [5].

Androstenone's effects are somewhat more difficult to understand. Researchers took a group of male and female volunteers and exposed them to androstenone. The men and women were shown a photograph of a male and then asked for their thoughts. Women reported their own mood to be less "sexy" when exposed to the chemical; men, on the other hand, thought the male in the photo was "passive" or they reacted favorably, if they liked the smell of androstenone [6].

A clue may be the fact that women can react differently to both androstenol and androstenone on different days of their menstrual cycle [7]. One theory is that the two substances are a signaling system. In one study, female volunteers who were ovulating actually rated the smell of androstenone as more pleasant, compared to other days of their cycle. There seems to be a change in the emotional evaluation of males, triggered by the reaction to androstenone [8].

Further complicating the issue is the fact that the sexy androstenol will quickly oxidize to produce smelly androstenone [9].

Fortunately, the role of other human pheromones is somewhat clearer. For instance, vaginal secretions, known as copulins, have been shown to increase male testosterone levels; in fact, the copulins produced during ovulation can boost male testosterone by 150 per cent. Copulins may have evolved to make a female's attractiveness less important for males [10].

Still a new science
There is still much to learn about the role of pheromones and odor in human behavior and sexuality. Why, when we have such a detailed knowledge about other areas, is this particular field still lagging?

One answer is that there has been something of a stigma attached to "sex research." In fact, some researchers claim that despite its prevalence in modern advertising, sex is still a dirty word when it comes to research. Policy makers or funding groups may shy away from supporting research that deals with sexual subject matter, for fear of being seen as supporting promiscuity or nontraditional sexual behaviors. [11]

But, perhaps the real answer lies in the complexity of the human animal and the difficulty in measuring our behavior. It isn't as simple or easy to measure human behavior as it might be to measure the actions or reactions of a moth or rodent.

It should come as no surprise, however, that scientists are catching up. And with an increasing number of researchers working to unravel the mysteries of human odor and pheromones, perhaps one day soon we'll know just what our bodies are trying to say.

###

References

1. Monti-Bloch L, Grosser BI. Effect of putative pheromones on the electrical activity of the human vomeronasal organ and olfactory epithelium. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 1991; 39:573-82.

2. Stern K, McClintock MK. Regulation of ovulation by human pheromones. Nature 1998; 392:177-9.

3. Preti G, Wysocki CJ, Barnhart K, Sonheimer SJ, Leyden JJ. Male axillary extracts effect lutenizing hormone (LH) pulsing in female recipients. Poster presentation at the 23rd Association for Chemoreception Sciences Annual Meeting; 2001.

4. Cowley JJ, Brooksbank BWL. Human exposure to putative pheromones and changes in aspects of social behavior. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 1991; 39:647-59.

5. Kirk-Smith M, Booth DA, Carroll D, Davies P. Human social attitudes affected by androstenol. Res Comm Psychol Psychiat Behav 1978; 3:379-84.

6. a. Filsinger EE, Braun JJ, Monte WC, Linder DE. Human (Homo sapiens) responses to the pig (Sus scrofa) sex pheromone 5 alpha-androst-16-en-3-one. J Comp Psychol 1984; 98:219-22.
b. Filsinger EE, Braun JJ, Monte WC. Sex differences in response to the odor of alpha androstenone. Percept Mot Skills 1990; 70:216-8.

7. Maiworm RE. Influence of androstenone, androstenol, menstrual cycle, and oral contraceptives on the attractivity ratings of female probands. Paper presented at the Ninth Congress of ECRO; 1990.

8. Grammer K. 5 alpha-androst-16-en-3-one: A Male Pheromone? A Brief Report. Ethol Sociobiol 1993; 14:201-8.

9. Labows JN, Preti G, Hoelzle E, Leyden E, Kligman A. Steroid analysis of human apocrine secretion. Steroids 1979; 34:249-58.

10. Jutte A. Female Attractiveness and Copulins. In (Eds.) M. Taborsky & B. Taborsky. Advances in Ethology 32, Supplements to Ethology. Contributions to the XXV International Ethological Conference, Vienna, Austria, 20-27 August, 1997. p.49.

11. Sankaran N. SEX: Still A Bad Word For Some People. The Scientist 1994; 6:15-21

--------------------------------------------------------
Get 25% off everything (except combos) from now to Memorial Day
use coupon code: "WeSaluteYou" on check out

Many other discounts that can be used in conjunction!

-----------------------------------------------------------
IMPI fans!
Under a deluge of inquiries about the change in the fragrance of the various scented IMPIs, we launched an investigation and finally found the problem. Fans of the fantastic IMPI red were particularly vocal, and I'm happy to report, the next batch will return to the previous and popular formula/fragrance. Sorry for all the trouble. I'm an IMPI red fan myself.

Many thanks for shopping with us
Bruce
Love-Scent.com

My thread >
05-23-2013 2:24 PM
Thanks given by sityslicker1, ZB pmones
alissa
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 105
Thanks received:
102 thanks in 49 posts

05-23-2013 2:40 PM

Hi Terry! what's the name for the new product we just test?
05-23-2013 2:40 PM
terry0400-40

Rep Post

Thanks received:

05-24-2013 4:28 AM

(05-23-2013 2:40 PM)alissa Wrote:  Hi Terry! what's the name for the new product we just test?
Well um er sorry alissa i have not been following the thread having only just opened my eyes to it after Bruce sorta informed me that i should know what is going on seeing as its on Pherotruth forum, so i guess this is it cheers http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Love-Scent-...ing-Thread

My thread >
05-24-2013 4:28 AM
Thanks given by CanadianGuy45, alissa

AlternativeGirl
Sapiosexual

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 3370
Thanks received:
2383 thanks in 900 posts

07-02-2013 10:45 PM

Just saw this and thought I'd pass it on....

4th of July Specials at Love-Scent.com

30% off (almost) everything with coupon code
"starsNstripes"

Master Mini
only $9.95

Alpha 7
$20. off (before the coupon discount)

Mojo Pro
only $12.95
Men's version

Women's version

Life's a garden; dig it

my journal:

http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Fun-Times-and-Pheromones
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2013 10:45 PM by AlternativeGirl.)
07-02-2013 10:45 PM
Thanks given by awol, terry0400-40
terry0400-40

Rep Post

Thanks received:

07-03-2013 5:56 PM

4th of July Specials at Love-Scent.com

30% off (almost) everything with coupon code
"starsNstripes"

Master Mini
only $9.95

Alpha 7
$20. off (before the coupon discount)

Mojo Pro
only $12.95
Men's version

Women's version

My thread >
07-03-2013 5:56 PM
Thanks given by AlternativeGirl, as33156
polarvoid
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 183
Thanks received:
149 thanks in 109 posts

08-13-2013 5:16 PM

"25offpheromones" from a code site just worked for me tonight. Smile
08-13-2013 5:16 PM
terry0400-40

Rep Post

Thanks received:

08-13-2013 7:04 PM

(08-13-2013 5:16 PM)polarvoid Wrote:  "25offpheromones" from a code site just worked for me tonight. Smile
That's great, i wanted to get some New Pheromone Additive however i probably never will bother as i have no idea of what the product is anymore, think i play it safe and order some NA instead at least it is consistent heck.... N.P.A. another classic bites the dust....Hunter

My thread >
08-13-2013 7:04 PM
Thanks given by as33156, LL21, polarvoid

gatsby
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 19
Thanks received:
86 thanks in 42 posts

08-13-2013 7:20 PM

Hi Terry,

I'm sure you know more about this than I do but I just placed an order for New Pheromone Additive and also Impi Red and I poked around on their forums a bit and asked questions about the formula.

As far as I can tell New Pheromone Additive is the same formula but in a new bottle that's what even the Love Scent forum person said. And Impi Red is supposedly the old formula brought back again.

At any rate I ordered both and though I don't know what the old version did I can definitely comment on the new ones when I get it.

Thanks,
Gats

"I don't know what I'm supposed to do, I only know what I CAN do" - Great Gatsby

The Toys
-------------
Androtics - IS 2X, IJ, MX297, MX202, A314b rev29, P74, P75, P83, TUTH
PXS - ACE Spray, API, Xist, Odyssey, Bliss, LoveBoat, Taboo, Domination
AD - Glace SB, L2K V1, A1
LAL - Wolf, AV, NA, SXD-9, Trial(Hypnotica, DP, Nude)
LS - NPA, Impi Red
Singles - TAC, Androsterone, A-Nol, B-Nol
08-13-2013 7:20 PM
Thanks given by terry0400-40

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Love Scent Rocks! cali4ya858 7 226 11-01-2015 8:07 PM
Last Post: RTBoss
  Love Scent on Amazon Cornfed 5 343 06-11-2015 6:18 PM
Last Post: halo0073