Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Let's liven up this forum!
Pheroman
ManSLut

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 4822
Thanks received:
3961 thanks in 1472 posts

RE: Let's liven up this forum!
11-01-2010 9:54 AM

Thank you.
I also thinks it's a bit more easier to navigate.
Maybe better for SEO too.

You may be better off wearing nutella, maybe some chick might want to lick it off
My journal http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Diary-of-a-PheroMan
My product list http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Diary-of-a-...8#pid36108
11-01-2010 9:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Q-Tips
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 863
Thanks received:
815 thanks in 287 posts

02-21-2011 5:30 AM

Did you come to any conclusion on what to do?

As my point of view, there is a few things who could be done to make this forum more alive. But only if all members would take the effort and time and not only one of the moderators.
First off, and maybe one important thing is welcoming new members. If a new member decides to take some time and write a post in "New user introductions", then i would belive that could also be a member interested being active for the future. But if no one even take the time looking at his introduction and the only feedback is from "Mark-In-Dallas", then that can easily give a first impression of being a forum ready to die, especially if the new member see that the total posts in forum is only a 1-3 each day.
If we all could take a minute and just write a little "Welcome" to the newbies, it can easily give a impression of we being a bunch of people who cares for each other. Something that for shure could trigger a wish to come back.

Another thing that hits me, is that many looks to have an genuine interest in what we write, but few of those houndreds of viewers of a post, ever give any kind of feedback. But even if you dont have much to write in a feedback, just letting people know that you have read it, can be motivation to continue writing. So why not just leave a comment even if it was just "Thanks" or "Good report, good luck".
I cant imagine how it can be fun writing a journal where you write post after post, and even pops up with questions. But still without a single reply from anyone for weeks and months.

(10-22-2010 2:43 PM)Beccah1 Wrote:  I know how to liven it up...we'll all post our halloween pics up? I really wann see the leather speedo.

I actually think this is a wonderful idea. It could be an own section named for example "Pic's of general interest" where member could be alowed to post such things as "Show us your city" , "Pics of yourself" , "Show us your computer desktop" or whatever anyone would like to chare with us.

Another idea could be to make room for forum games. Its rather popular in some other forums, so why not try it here?

The happy birthday posts that comes every day, could they have its own section, and not in Club House? There are so many of them that makes it harder to see other posts. You know what they say, you cant see the three for the forrest in the way.

Well, it was just some toughts.
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2011 5:32 AM by Q-Tips.)
02-21-2011 5:30 AM
Thanks given by dbot
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Thanks Given: 1823
Thanks received:
4764 thanks in 1970 posts

02-21-2011 6:04 AM

Thanks for the thoughts Q-Tips. You can post all the pictures you want in your Profile Gallery, and pics can even be rated. We also do have a Games section, the link is in the upper right menu. The Games area was active for a little while, but I don't think anybody has even played a game in awhile now.

I thought we'd get more action with the contest we're running for reports on True Pheromones products, but so far only a couple of people have even posted reviews.

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
02-21-2011 6:04 AM
MuskCloud
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 4
Thanks received:
85 thanks in 40 posts

02-21-2011 7:11 AM

I don't think the problem can be solved with more technical wizardry. I've noticed that PTruth doesn't appear to have 'drivers' - people who drive the forum along with sheer force of personality, who pull people in and who everyone else seems to look up to.

We have a huge amount of brainpower, but not enough social butterflies. Is that the term people use? This forum is heavily INTJ, I think.

It could be that PTruth simply hasn't been around for long enough. I don't recall PTalk really taking off until around '08 or '09. By that time, it had already been in existence for several years. Of course, you could argue that was when it started to go downhill. It isn't what it was.

I've noticed there's a imbalance of active female posters too. Women help to soften the forum a little. But they're all over at Love Potion.

One more thing and this stops me from posting - at least outside the journals. Posts being strewn across the Internet on Twitter and Facebook. I know that what I write will be indexed by Google and read by a forum of like-minded individuals across the globe, but if I post on the Internet, I will decide where I want it to go. I've never felt at ease knowing that every post is picked up and posted on other social networking sites. I personally despise Facebook and Twitter.

I don't mean to cause offence, Mark. I know you've put a lot of effort into this forum and I appreciate you giving us some neutral ground, but if you could possibly rethink forum policy with regard to Facebook and Twitter, I'm sure people will feel free to loosen up a little more. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels like this.

Musk
02-21-2011 7:11 AM
Thanks given by bonadzz, dbot
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Thanks received:

02-21-2011 7:38 AM

Hey Musk,

It actually wasn't every post, but only new threads. But, as you asked, that policy has been rethought, and I can understand why some people may not have been comfortable with it. So, I shut it down and we'll no longer post to Twitter or Facebook.

The postings to Twitter and Facebook were originally incorporated because the sites are so popular and I thought it would help the forum and at least some people would appreciate the convenience, but they never took off.

I'll post a thread in the News and Announcements as well.

(02-21-2011 7:11 AM)MuskCloud Wrote:  One more thing and this stops me from posting - at least outside the journals. Posts being strewn across the Internet on Twitter and Facebook. I know that what I write will be indexed by Google and read by a forum of like-minded individuals across the globe, but if I post on the Internet, I will decide where I want it to go. I've never felt at ease knowing that every post is picked up and posted on other social networking sites. I personally despise Facebook and Twitter.

I don't mean to cause offence, Mark. I know you've put a lot of effort into this forum and I appreciate you giving us some neutral ground, but if you could possibly rethink forum policy with regard to Facebook and Twitter, I'm sure people will feel free to loosen up a little more. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels like this.

Musk

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
02-21-2011 7:38 AM
Thanks given by bonadzz

MuskCloud
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 4
Thanks received:
85 thanks in 40 posts

02-21-2011 2:45 PM

Cheers, Mark.

Now all I need is a better job with more money and I'll be ordering and testing again. Interviews in a few days so I'm keeping fingers crossed.

Musk
02-21-2011 2:45 PM
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Thanks received:

02-21-2011 5:21 PM

Good luck with the interviews Musk!

02-21-2011 5:21 PM
bonadzz
Vendor

Thanks Given: 294
Thanks received:
467 thanks in 157 posts

02-21-2011 5:57 PM

Thanks mark for removing the twitter and facebook posts, I've actually as well had a slight concern with it. A lot of martkerts wont like what im going to say but in all honesty I don't tell ANYONE about pheromones. It's MY edge over society, not my friend's. And i think alot of people feel the same way. That is why i never added, Liked, or followed pherotruth on facebook or twitter. I personally don't want my friends knowing i use these products.

You show love, you get love

Founder, Owner, and Operator.
02-21-2011 5:57 PM
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Thanks received:

02-21-2011 6:12 PM

Ah, I forgot about the FB Like buttons, but their gone now. Smile

02-21-2011 6:12 PM

dbot
Street Psychologist

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1955
Thanks received:
2043 thanks in 814 posts

02-22-2011 1:10 AM

Lol @ INTJ forum. Could be true; I'm one Smile

Makes sense, too, that the analytical folks would gravitate to the forum with no store affiliation. It's more abstract and independent that way. A forum made for intellectual mavericks.

The pheromone community is pretty small, and I'd say the active posters in all forums are a tiny percentage of the people who buy pheromones. We're the hobbyists, the technologists, the ones who are interesting in understanding pheromones as a facet of biopsychosocial interaction. A community like that will always be relatively small, but what keeps them alive is the drive to explore. I'm pretty new to the community as a whole, but it seems to me that there is just now becoming a wider selection of named molecules available than ever before. It's like 2006 all over again, but without one guy driving the ship and everybody trusting it'll get somewhere. I think the prospects for upcoming experimentation, and therefore for rejuvenation of the community, are looking pretty good.

Also, for what it's worth, there's probably a lot less testing going on in North America on account of the shitty winter we're having. I know I've been couped up way more than I've wanted to be.
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2011 1:11 AM by dbot.)
02-22-2011 1:10 AM

Share This Thread