Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LPMP Men's Sampler Set Review
raikahoken
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: LPMP Men's Sampler Set Review
05-02-2015 1:00 AM

More reviews. I have worn 3 more scents a few times.

- Love Potion #9
Citrus and musk. That's it. The simplest scent in the pack, but that's not a bad thing. In fact to my nose it gives a very classy vibe. Very versatile and inoffensive, it's a very safe scent for anywhere, any occasion. I find myself reaching out for this or Eternal Sunshine when I don't know what to wear.

- Love Potion Homme
Quite apprehensive about trying this one because it smells like cough syrup straight out of the vial. But luckily it doesn't smell that way on my skin. What I get is a sweet vanilla smell and amber initially. Lots of vanilla. After a while the coffee becomes more distinctive. At drydown I get some woods, that blends nicely with the coffee and vanilla. To me this is a foody scent. It smells delicious, but I wouldn't want to smell like this. I have never worn vanilla scent before, and this along with Voracious convinced me that vanilla is just not my kind of scent. Guys who love vanilla scents should try this though. I have not worn this around women yet so I can't comment on whether they like it.

- Super 2 with SS4M
Ok this one is definitely masculine, with a... OH SWEET GOD IS THAT TOBACCO??? YES THAT IS!!! *retch*
I have hated tobacco and cigarette smell since I was young. Hated them. Straight from application to drydown, there's lots of tobacco everywhere in this one. Gave me headache for hours. It's a very well reviewed product, so if you like tobacco smell you might want to give this a try. Me, I'll stay away from this. It's the same when I first got a whiff of the much loved Thierry Muggler A Man, or one of its flankers. People love it, but the tobacco in that turned me away. As for the pheromone, hard to say how effective it is, since I have not worn this much and will not wear it again. A few people clearly walked further from me in the train, but I'm sure that's from the scent. It's very polarising.

As for the rest I haven't reviewed, they come with mones so I'll have to do lots of testing first before commenting.

So far I like Eternal Sunshine, Merlin's Blend, Excalibur and LP#9. Really love Excalibur but longevity is abysmal on my skin, which is sad. Diffusion from all these oils is not great, as can be expected from oils. People can't smell it unless they are within arm's length. Perfect in dance classes/rehearsals where people do get close and increased body heat help with diffusion a bit. But for other cases I'd have to look into adding alcohol or just stick to normal colognes. I really doubt these can be used as cover scents to help unscented mones diffuse further.

XS: XiSt, SOB, Love Boat, Cohesion, Connections, Ascend, Evolve Oil, XiSt oil, A-1, taboo*, bliss*, exotica*, evolve*
Apex: Core, Titan^, Orbital, Imprint, Dionysos, M3X, Atlas, Style, Solomon, Houdini, sex magnet*, chamber 36*
LPMP: Men's Sampler Pack
LAL: Wolf, Asian for Asian, Nude Alpha, Max-T-150, SXD-9, Voodoo, NA gel, A-1, OD*, DP*, Hypnotica*, BW*, AV gel*, Primitive*, Nude*
Love Scent: NNPA
Alpha Dream: L2K v1 (50ml post-H + none concentrate), AM*
Androtics: TAC
PT: Captain oil, GOA*, Z69*

*sample
^ran out
KIV: Bad Wolf, Tusc, Hypnotica, Titan restock
05-02-2015 1:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chubbaluvva
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

12-10-2015 5:28 PM

Hey...do the samples have the spray option too?
12-10-2015 5:28 PM
raikahoken
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

12-10-2015 8:29 PM

no, samples only come in oil. If you want to turn it into a spray, you have to use some alcohol and make it yourself.

XS: XiSt, SOB, Love Boat, Cohesion, Connections, Ascend, Evolve Oil, XiSt oil, A-1, taboo*, bliss*, exotica*, evolve*
Apex: Core, Titan^, Orbital, Imprint, Dionysos, M3X, Atlas, Style, Solomon, Houdini, sex magnet*, chamber 36*
LAL: Wolf, Asian for Asian, Nude Alpha, Max-T-150, SXD-9, Voodoo, NA gel, A-1, OD*, DP*, Hypnotica*, BW*, AV gel*, Primitive*, Nude*

*sample
^ran out
12-10-2015 8:29 PM
Ekscentra

Rep Post

05-11-2016 10:33 PM

I hope you don't mind that I use this thread, raikahoken. It seems to be the most appropriate place to post my own impressions.

Both Merlin's blend and Excalibur come off as conflicting to me. There's an excessive amount of sweetness in a scent that would work far better taken in a bitter direction. The LP base falls flat here to my nose.

I get a touch of tobacco from Super, but that lavender once again comes off far too sweet and powdery. I don't like the opening to this scent. The later phases tone down the powdery elements just a touch, but it's still nothing special to me.

Pashazade is very nice, though I haven't explored similar niche scents too much at this point. I get lots of clove with some cinnamon thrown in there for good measure. It seems familiar somehow, though I can't put my finger on it. Since I'm not familiar with comparable scents, I give this a hesitant love. Unlike the other LP scents, this one does not incorporate sweetness and bitterness in a way that causes conflict within the scent. This is sweet and spicy and nothing more.

LP: Homme was one of the scents I was looking forward to the most. Unfortunately, the LP base here once again detracts from what otherwise might be an incredible scent. There's still too much sweetness. I was looking forward to that patchouli-coffee-vetiver trio, so this did disappoint me somewhat.

Elementary Chapter Five (my substitute for Dad For Men since I can't wear A1) was the one scent I was even more excited about than LP: Homme. Unfortunately, this fell flat for me as well. The sweetness destroys the scent again. I love tobacco scents - with how it's treated here, this may be the most forgettable sample I've tried.

I hate to leave a negative review, but I have to be honest - LPMP hasn't left me with a single scent I can be entirely sure about purchasing. I might buy Pashazade if some other niche clove-dominant gourmand doesn't end up impressing me more. I'm still yet to test Voracious and LP #9. Unfortunately, I don't have my hopes up for either.

The scents were okay, sometimes good, but there was nothing I'd put above Impi Red (which is still the best default pheromone cover scent I've used). Unfortunately, that scent is too heavy on the synthetics. These scents as well seem to incorporate quite a number of synthetics.

Heavy use of synthetics in the base is a lazy practice designed to cut costs at the price of quality. In this respect, they're no better or worse than any other vendor. I'm not faulting them for that but, like the rest of the vendors, it does detract from my enjoyment of their scents. Add to that the excessive sweetness and, in many cases, it prevents that enjoyment completely.

If LPMP comes up with some scents that avoid use of that cloyingly sweet base, I'll be happy to give them another shot. For now, I feel it's a waste of money to continue testing scents that follow the same monotonous theme. Too much swertness and too much cleanliness - it's not for me.
05-11-2016 10:33 PM
raikahoken
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

05-12-2016 1:34 AM

Nice to hear you've tried LPMP sample set! No I don't mind at all, your opinion is always welcome. There are more scents that were included in the pack than the ones you mentioned here, right? LPMP's scents are indeed sweeter than the typical men's fragrance. They are designed by women, to attract other women. After all it's called Love Potion haha.

You seem to have a developed taste in fragrance. I personally haven't gone there yet. Tbh I still can't appreciate all the bitter and oud scents that you are so enthusiastic about. For eg GIT's opening is too bitter for me. I can't stand Royal Oud and most oud heavy frags. As I sniff more stuff and my appreciation grows, I hope I can appreciate them better, but I also hope I will still be able to appreciate the simple and synthetic designer scents as well!

Btw I'm looking forward to the cover scents you develop for your projects!

*sample
^ran out
05-12-2016 1:34 AM

Ekscentra

Rep Post

05-12-2016 2:25 AM

I react differently to bitter smells as opposed to bitter tastes. This is personal preference, not a case of being more developed in one way or another. You may enjoy sweeter scents - this is not a fault. Once you understand where your preferences lie, you can focus on a more specific set of scents. If you prefer sweeter, gourmond scents, Parfum d'Empire and Parfumerie Generale have done quite a few of these.

I still enjoy certain scents I enjoyed before - oud oils and attars are simply at another level for me. Not once did this take away from my enjoyment of "lesser" scents, but it did tempt me to reach for those other scents more. Price and low quantities are the only things stopping me.
05-12-2016 2:25 AM
Ekscentra

Rep Post

05-12-2016 1:50 PM

Voracious is, sadly, the worst one yet. I'm getting Dimetapp with a good dose of cinnamon. Nasty stuff. Of all the scents I've worn over the years, thisis the only one I'd refer to as a scrubber.

Love Potion #9 is a generic, slightly soapy clean citrus scent. There's nothing remotely interesting here to my nose. At best, it's mildly pleasant, and it gives me a headache. Another scrubber...

I only have TMI left to try in the sampler set. Unfortunately, almost all of these scents have been a letdown. I went in with high expectations and found little worth an extra sniff. This is a shame, as I was hoping I'd enjoy all of these scents.

The LPMP community is great and they do a good job on the blends, but in my opinion they really need some serious work on the scents. Although the sweetness is more of a preference (though I do feel it's way overdone), the drydown on all scents is generic and insubstantial. The musk and amber combination woven throughout many of their scents is pleasant, but fails in the most important respect of all - it's boring. I've smelt similar in many scents before, and it's quickly worn on me.

For a company often praised for originality, I'm disappointed by the lack of originality I've experienced here. I definitely plan to purchase a few more samples before making my final judgement, but I suspect (as with all other vendors) I'll be sticking with their unscented blends.
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2016 1:51 PM by Ekscentra.)
05-12-2016 1:50 PM
Dblr619
Life taker-heart breaker

Rep Post

11-15-2016 1:00 AM

(04-21-2015 10:24 AM)Snoopyace Wrote:  I really like all the scents you listed. Eternal Sunshine just smells clean to me. Not necessarily soapy but just clean. It works great in the Summer for any outdoor parties, etc. Merlin's Blend is another scent I wear fairly often because when I wear it, people seem to be more respectful and things just go more smoothly. That and my bride also likes the scent. I LOVE Excalibur. This is the scent I put in my unscented bottle of Captain and the two go GREAT together. I also get a lot of compliments from women and Excalibur is strong enough to cover just about any pheromone stink you can put with it.

I'm gonna put Excalibur to the test with SOB Snoop......

mooning whiney control freaks mooning
11-15-2016 1:00 AM
Dblr619
Life taker-heart breaker

Rep Post

11-19-2016 5:11 PM

It covered it as good as anything else I've tried to cover SOB with. Meh....

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2016 5:11 PM by Dblr619.)
11-19-2016 5:11 PM
Dblr619
Life taker-heart breaker

Rep Post

12-06-2016 3:22 PM

I bought the full size Homme. It seems stronger and projects better than the sample. I am enjoying it a lot.

12-06-2016 3:22 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  2/7/18 Review of LPMP of G2 with Bosom Bows Honeycake 3 1,890 06-20-2019 4:39 AM
Last Post: DrChocolate
  5/01/17 Review of Sexpionage in Balls - LPMP Honeycake 4 2,655 02-10-2019 6:55 PM
Last Post: NuTrix
  2/7/18 Review of LPMP Sexology 3 Honeycake 0 1,293 02-07-2018 9:48 PM
Last Post: Honeycake
  2/7/18 Review of LPMP Topper in Strange Attractors. Honeycake 0 1,168 02-07-2018 9:46 PM
  2/7/18 Review of LPMP Carnivale with Audacious Honeycake 0 1,138 02-07-2018 9:42 PM