Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
JVKohl on Blog Radio [URL]
jvkohl
Expert

Sex: Male

JVKohl on Blog Radio [URL]
11-14-2009 10:36 AM

After the first 1/2 hour (introductory song and some banter between the co-hosts), my portion of the show lasts approximately 45 minutes. I haven't found any way to fast-forward the recording, but we had a good discussion on the topic of human pheromones.

James V. Kohl
11-14-2009 10:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Niatalya
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Female

Rep Post

RE: JVKohl on Blog Radio [URL]
11-14-2009 2:05 PM

Move the bar over to about 30 mins and you can skip all the other stuff.
11-14-2009 2:05 PM
Niatalya
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

11-14-2009 2:51 PM

Excellent interview James, and I concur red heads are best [Image: 10.gif]. I really love Scent of Eros and in the interview you casually mentioned perhaps starting a new line. I was wondering if you plan on releasing anymore more female products any time soon?
11-14-2009 2:51 PM
Phya
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

11-14-2009 2:59 PM

Sweet, thanks for the heads up James! Was that your first radio show? What was it like?

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma... which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
-Steve Jobs
11-14-2009 2:59 PM
jvkohl
Expert

11-14-2009 4:50 PM

Thanks! I wonder how much different life would be if my first two true loves were not redheads, or if ever I had married one (Maybe there's still time to do this!).

The new line -- if ever brought to market -- starts with a product for men. Depending on results of studies in progress, a new product for women might follow.

I'm basically just adding more scientific evidence; the concept doesn't change and chemistry doesn't change very much. New research data from others is showing how receptor activation occurs, but to most end-users this doesn't matter. On the other hand, the information on receptor activation is great to have when I attend conferences. I've had several researchers tell me that until I can show how the chemicals are activating receptors, they will reserve comment. And one colleague/friend is actually coming out with a book called "The Great Pheromone Myth." From what we've discussed, he is just trying to tell people not to expect human pheromones to be some magical aphrodisiac. He's as opposed to the false advertising claims as I am--as are most serious scientists. The marketers tend to reduce all the science to a plan to get more sex.

(11-14-2009 2:51 PM)Niatalya Wrote:  Excellent interview James, and I concur red heads are best [Image: 10.gif]. I really love Scent of Eros and in the interview you casually mentioned perhaps starting a new line. I was wondering if you plan on releasing anymore more female products any time soon?
11-14-2009 4:50 PM

jvkohl
Expert

11-14-2009 5:07 PM

I've done several shows, but none in the recent past. They're easier to do when the host(s) know a little about the subject, so as more people learn about pheromones the shows take on a more casual atmosphere. No preparation time involved, which is great for me--and no standard set of questions, which can be conversationally quite dry. Initially, the asked me to call in for a 15 minute discussion. As you heard, it turned out to be 3 times that long. It's the first time I've talked about pheromones with anyone for 45 minutes, and the time went by very quickly.

When I get the chance to edit some video footage, I may post a link to TV interviews. One of them (from the mid-90's) clearly shows that nothing has changed since I originally discussed the topic (and my book) with the host of a Canadian program (Brian Portius is his name, as I recall).

James V. Kohl
scentoferos.com

(11-14-2009 2:59 PM)Phya Wrote:  Sweet, thanks for the heads up James! Was that your first radio show? What was it like?
11-14-2009 5:07 PM
jvkohl
Expert

11-14-2009 5:22 PM

Thanks; the way my browser was set didn't let me see the bar.

JVK

(11-14-2009 2:05 PM)Niatalya Wrote:  Move the bar over to about 30 mins and you can skip all the other stuff.
11-14-2009 5:22 PM
Niatalya
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

11-14-2009 5:43 PM

I had another question I forget to ask. I've only tried scented SOES, but the smell is very light and citrus like. I can't detect any copulin stench, do you use Essence of Woman or your own copulin mix?
11-14-2009 5:43 PM
jvkohl
Expert

11-14-2009 6:50 PM

The copulin formula in Scent of Eros for women (Scent of Eros /w) is the one used by Astrid Juette in her ground-breaking research on copulins and increased testosterone in men. I'm rather certain the Essence of Woman is a similar mix but it is far too concentrated to be considered a human copuliln formula so far as I'm concerned. If Astrid had used something like that, the results likely would have been nausea and vomiting. I once used twenty microliters of the concentrated copulin formula in a lab experiment under a negative air pressure hood vented to the outside. When I disposed of the pipet tip in a closed container outside the hood, I soon found that the entire lab reeked of the odor, and had to take the container outside for later disposal. It was embarassing!

Scent of Eros /w is a dilute copulin mix that starts off smelling exactly like the mixture Astrid used. (She let several researchers smell it at a conference presentation in the late 90's). The added fragrance blends well with the copulin formula, and virtually eliminates any associated copulin odor--especially when women smell it. Most men can detect just a hint of a woman's natural odor, very similar to that of a young lady whose natural odor reminded me of Astrid's mixture.

The above is not the short answer to your question, but I wanted to include some details to let others know that product development typically involves more than guess-work. The only other person I know of who knows enough about copulins to put together a product is Dianne. And if that makes you and others wonder what's being marketed as copulins, I'm glad that the question might finally be asked.

James V. Kohl
scentoferos.com

(11-14-2009 5:43 PM)Niatalya Wrote:  I had another question I forget to ask. I've only tried scented SOES, but the smell is very light and citrus like. I can't detect any copulin stench, do you use Essence of Woman or your own copulin mix?
11-14-2009 6:50 PM
Tisha
Inactive Account

Rep Post

12-08-2009 7:54 AM

Great interview James. I didn't get a chance to listen to it till now. You came across as very Confident, comfortable as well as knowledgeable. (Very sexy) [Image: tongue.gif]

Maybe you can give Eddie some tips. I never heard a man giggle so much in my life. He seems very uncomfortable talking about sex.

Tisha
12-08-2009 7:54 AM

Share This Thread