Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Interesting note about Androstenone and Methoxyestratetraenone on Dianes
Tisha
Inactive Account

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 148
Thanks received:
189 thanks in 152 posts

RE: Interesting note about Androstenone and Methoxyestratetraenone on Dianes
05-23-2010 9:06 PM

Quote:If you are looking at it that way, don't forget to include Madisontate's journal or djandarial or me or anyone who's reviewed the putatives. Anytime ANYBODY posts a glowing review of anything all the newbies clamor to get it and then wonder why it didn't work for them. Most often it is because they didn't understand what to look for yet.

No its actually a little different. When you guys report your sharing your experiences. Stories antidotes things that you have observed. People know your reporting. Except with Tator, AD ran into a lot of people asking why the mones they bought didnt do what tator reported they would. I was fielding questions daily about that for a while. It was his style of posting that did it. It was not intended on his part but he never came across as sharing but as informaing "this is what it does".

The post Miko is describing though just flat out says what Diane has determined these molecules do. Now I agree with alot of them and I am in no way saying she is wrong but it does influence people and come across as factual. I really dont think when she posted it that was her intention though. She was just sharing her thoughts and I enjoyed the post and still refer to it. A lot of the new people take things at face value though as snoop pointed out and I think all of us forget that some times. We are all guilty of it to. I think we all forget that what may work great for us may not for others. Especially after using something so long and seeing consistent results.

This post started about the information Diane was sharing on her website. Those are her feelings from the research she did and she has a right to them. Many of us dont agree or just agree with some of what was posted. Androstenone certainly is aggressive and it can cause moodiness. Its not my favorite "pheromone" but many people swear by it. I certainly wont ignore it in my arsenal. Used properly it causes a reaction for me aqnd in my observations, its not the only mone or suspected mone in the world though. About a year or so ago AD thought about discontinuing Androstenone and replacing it with P83 or one of the other molecules because of the OD effect. I think we are focusing on Diane when we should be focusing on our opinions on the Androstenone.

Let her create the mixes she loves to create. Try them out if you want to. Share your experiences good or bad and if you like them then use them. If you miss the Androstenone then buy some elsewhere and use it to. Determine what works for you and enjoy those products. Its why you started using pheromones.
05-23-2010 9:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by mikotorocks714

jvkohl
Expert

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 27
Thanks received:
211 thanks in 99 posts

05-23-2010 9:15 PM

We have more in common with other primates than with other mammals, and one of the things we have in common is our higher production of DHEA. I apologize if I misled you about this fact.

The two primary metabolites of DHEA are androsterone and etiocholanolone, which indicates that they are much more likely to be species specific than is androstenone.

DHEA levels increase with adrenarche, which precedes puberty and the increase heralds the onset of our natural production of body odor. After approximately age 25, DHEA levels decline in a straight line with age. For these reasons and many more, androsterone is more likely than androstenone to be part of a mixture of human pheromones.

The problem is the absence of any logic that might support the likelihood that androstenone is a human pheromone, and the fact that with no evidence it is continually presented to be a human pheromone by marketers.

James V. Kohl

(05-23-2010 2:55 PM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  Just to note, I referenced the cross-species pig comparison only to note that Androstenone is a known pheromone in pigs, as well as most other mammals. And, whether we like to admit it or not, we do share much of the same biology and physiology: We all have a brain, heart, 2 lungs, kidney, liver, etc. So, I don't think it's a far jump to think that our chemical makup, effects and responses would be completely different or to terribly far apart.

Are we different? of course. But, we also share quite a bit of commonality. Is Androstenone one of those commonalities? I'm of the belief that it is.

That primates produce greater amounts of DHEA than humans, suggests to me that as humans developed greater social skills and desires beyond merely propagating the species, our reliance on DHEA and it's by-products diminished, and through evolution, our production thereof decreased.
05-23-2010 9:15 PM
mikotorocks714
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 62
Thanks received:
16 thanks in 13 posts

05-23-2010 10:31 PM

(05-23-2010 7:47 PM)Snoopyace Wrote:  If you are looking at it that way, don't forget to include Madisontate's journal or djandarial or me or anyone who's reviewed the putatives. Anytime ANYBODY posts a glowing review of anything all the newbies clamor to get it and then wonder why it didn't work for them. Most often it is because they didn't understand what to look for yet.

Yep, exactly. No different than reading any other putative review as I mentioned in my previous post just in case you missed it, but for the newer guys/users they'd use this as a concrete answer to decide on what to buy by just going by the information someone else mentioned. Usually all newbies who do this really.
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2010 10:32 PM by mikotorocks714.)
05-23-2010 10:31 PM
mikotorocks714
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 62
Thanks received:
16 thanks in 13 posts

05-23-2010 10:39 PM

(05-23-2010 9:06 PM)Tisha Wrote:  No its actually a little different. When you guys report your sharing your experiences. Stories antidotes things that you have observed. People know your reporting. Except with Tator, AD ran into a lot of people asking why the mones they bought didnt do what tator reported they would. I was fielding questions daily about that for a while. It was his style of posting that did it. It was not intended on his part but he never came across as sharing but as informaing "this is what it does".

The post Miko is describing though just flat out says what Diane has determined these molecules do. Now I agree with alot of them and I am in no way saying she is wrong but it does influence people and come across as factual. I really dont think when she posted it that was her intention though. She was just sharing her thoughts and I enjoyed the post and still refer to it. A lot of the new people take things at face value though as snoop pointed out and I think all of us forget that some times. We are all guilty of it to. I think we all forget that what may work great for us may not for others. Especially after using something so long and seeing consistent results.

This post started about the information Diane was sharing on her website. Those are her feelings from the research she did and she has a right to them. Many of us dont agree or just agree with some of what was posted. Androstenone certainly is aggressive and it can cause moodiness. Its not my favorite "pheromone" but many people swear by it. I certainly wont ignore it in my arsenal. Used properly it causes a reaction for me aqnd in my observations, its not the only mone or suspected mone in the world though. About a year or so ago AD thought about discontinuing Androstenone and replacing it with P83 or one of the other molecules because of the OD effect. I think we are focusing on Diane when we should be focusing on our opinions on the Androstenone.

Let her create the mixes she loves to create. Try them out if you want to. Share your experiences good or bad and if you like them then use them. If you miss the Androstenone then buy some elsewhere and use it to. Determine what works for you and enjoy those products. Its why you started using pheromones.

This is exactly what I meant to say Snoopy, Tisha just wrote it better (thanks Tish.) And yes, I know that some of us who have had more experience with using pheromones do get tempted sometimes by the findings others have posted like in Diane's thread (I've been guilty of this too.) However, that's why I mentioned that it's mostly all newbies who do this because they don't know better, and just want a quick fix. Just like we all wanted a quick fix when we first started wearing pheromones. Some of us just learned to test something on our own first before making judgment, and some just stuck to just spraying on pheromones and not really get involved in the whole reasoning behind what a molecule may or may not do is all.
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2010 10:40 PM by mikotorocks714.)
05-23-2010 10:39 PM
petrucci77
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 6
Thanks received:
22 thanks in 16 posts

05-24-2010 4:30 AM

I'd still appreciate a quick fix! Razz

I'm certainly 'guilty' of deciding what to buy by the reviews of some other users who's opinion I trust and value - not always, but often. With time you'll learn which other user reacts quite similar to things you've tested, and to whom you are just too different to compare. Of course I know that I might have different results than him/her, but it gives me a little clue if the molecule or mix could be something I can use. I just don't have much of an interest in buying and testing something that's probably completely useless for me. Of course I'd test the stuff I get for free, but I won't invest any money there. Nothing wrong with that in my view - if I'm browsing the catalog of P7 or Liquid Alchemy Labs because I'm looking for something that could raise my status at work a little I'll certainly choose something with a description that fits this goal and not the one saying 'makes all girls jump your bones' (well, I might buy that one, too... Mrgreen).
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2010 4:33 AM by petrucci77.)
05-24-2010 4:30 AM

Share This Thread