Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

I noticed something..
Phya
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 31
Thanks received:
135 thanks in 88 posts

I noticed something..
02-01-2010 8:17 PM

When I use the reply to post button, after I type my message and post it, only the quote remains. My added response does not show. This occurs also with previewing the post. The quote remains, but my reply disappears. So I need to post the quote only, then go back and edit my post.

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma... which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
-Steve Jobs
02-01-2010 8:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

zeph
=]

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 87
Thanks received:
85 thanks in 51 posts

RE: I noticed something..
02-01-2010 8:47 PM

(02-01-2010 8:17 PM)Phya Wrote:  

When I use the reply to post button, after I type my message and post it, only the quote remains. My added response does not show. This occurs also with previewing the post. The quote remains, but my reply disappears. So I need to post the quote only, then go back and edit my post.

***EDIT***
I tried replying to the thread but no matter what I try to do, it will not let me post. I keep getting an error saying that there is no message in the text. This is going to be my third post.

What I wanted to post:
I get the same thing as Phya but I'm using Safari. In addition, I also get the same issues you were talking about. I can't copy paste text from other websites to here or text from even this forum. This is my second time typing this as the first time I got the error message no text in body even though I typed all of it. Strange. Any ideas Mark?

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2010 12:40 AM by zeph.)
02-01-2010 8:47 PM
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Thanks Given: 1820
Thanks received:
4758 thanks in 1968 posts

02-01-2010 11:14 PM

replied to in I.E. 8

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
02-01-2010 11:14 PM
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Thanks received:

02-01-2010 11:16 PM

Reply attempt in Firefox, that posted only the quote

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
02-01-2010 11:16 PM
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Thanks received:

02-01-2010 11:20 PM

It's apparantly an issue with Firefox, as I tried replying above in Firefox and only the quote carried over. No clue why, except that this is a WYSIWYG editor and they can be glitchy in different browsers! Not a lot we can do, unless we go back to the basic editor, which doesn't allow pasting in images or text from other websites, or easily changing text size, font, color, etc.

02-01-2010 11:20 PM

Phya
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
135 thanks in 88 posts

02-02-2010 2:06 PM

Mark, I am using Safari as my browser as well. Perhaps it is an issue with Safari? Both are very popular browsers, it seems unusual that the forum would have issues with both popular browsers. Also, it has only started occurring recently, and from the looks of it, other people have having issues as well. I've been noticing many posts with just a quote and no message. Do you think it could have occurred due to a recent change in the system?

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma... which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
-Steve Jobs
02-02-2010 2:06 PM
zeph
=]

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 87
Thanks received:
85 thanks in 51 posts

02-02-2010 5:28 PM

Hmm, I kinda found a loophole to let us reply w/o getting that missing message error.

Just quote/reply someone. Post it. Go back, do full edit and use that as your regular reply. That allows me to post a reply to the thread without that crazy message error. It takes a few more seconds but it works till this thing gets worked out.

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2010 5:30 PM by zeph.)
02-02-2010 5:28 PM
Mtnjim
Curmudgen

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 22
Thanks received:
36 thanks in 26 posts

02-02-2010 7:30 PM

This seems to be something that happened today. Up until today, I could post replys using Firefox, even using beta versions.:s

To stay young requires unceasing cultivation of the ability to unlearn old falsehoods.
---Lazerous Long
02-02-2010 7:30 PM
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Thanks received:

02-02-2010 8:31 PM

No changes to the forum, so maybe it was a Firefox update?

The forum software does not natively have a WYSIWYG editor, and this is the second editor we have tried here. If the inconsistancies or glitches become to much to deal with, our only other option is to go back to the original edior that does not allow images or text to be copied and pasted in, or buttons to change text size, color, font, etc.

02-02-2010 8:31 PM

Phya
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
135 thanks in 88 posts

02-03-2010 1:38 AM

(02-02-2010 5:28 PM)zeph Wrote:  

Hmm, I kinda found a loophole to let us reply w/o getting that missing message error.

Just quote/reply someone. Post it. Go back, do full edit and use that as your regular reply. That allows me to post a reply to the thread without that crazy message error. It takes a few more seconds but it works till this thing gets worked out.

Yeah, that's what I've been doing. I don't know if there have been changes in Firefox, but there certainly hasn't been any changes in Safari.

-Steve Jobs
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2010 1:39 AM by Phya.)
02-03-2010 1:38 AM

Share This Thread