Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm out.
AlternativeGirl
Serious Poster

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1524
Thanks received:
886 thanks in 381 posts

RE: I'm out.
09-29-2012 2:13 PM

The penalty has been mentioned in other posts. These posts are still around, but newer members don't know about them. Those who did see them don't forget them. There was some serious discussion in the past about how offended vendors were by people not taking these projects seriously. I'll see if I can not find them and link them. I really don't feel like doing homework Smile

Edit: That was easy....

http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Product-Fre...ro-Testing

I guess I'll have to get back to reading Morgenthau. fuck.

Life's a garden; dig it

my journal:

http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Fun-Times-and-Pheromones
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2012 2:16 PM by AlternativeGirl.)
09-29-2012 2:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by Lexy, thundr, as33156, D_Darko

halo0073

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 881
Thanks received:
1729 thanks in 896 posts

09-29-2012 2:22 PM

(09-29-2012 1:52 PM)thundr Wrote:  This thread is actually a very good thread. Multiple personalities brainstorming ideas often produce the best solutions. We have some great minds in this forum.

My .o2 on it would be that perhaps an early disclaimer or prerequisite may be valuable. Something like:

Company X is looking for Y testers for product Z.

Samples will be provided free of charge depending on these circumstances.
1. A substantial positive or negative review must be generated within 2 weeks upon receiving the product.
2. Barring any adverse health effects, a second concluding review will be required within 3 weeks of receiving product.
3. If you cannot fulfill these terms please do not accept tester status for this product at this time.

This way people know exactly what they are getting into with little to no confusion. If you cant complete the assignment dont sign up. Simple as that.

Im undecided about a penalty for inability to fulfill the requirements.

That is exactly what I am asking for. I have tested things that i had horrible reactions with the first time and guess what, the second time it was totally different. That's why I think testing more than once is CRUCIAL.
09-29-2012 2:22 PM
Thanks given by thundr, terry0400-40, as33156, AlternativeGirl, D_Darko, fishcake
mark-in-dallas
Nobody Special

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 762
Thanks received:
1904 thanks in 917 posts

09-29-2012 5:33 PM

OK, let me respond to pretty much everything addressed her. Some of you may not like how I respond, but unless you care to take on the burden of setting up freebies, promotions, etc., deal with vendor frustrations, put the time and effort into it that it takes, and figure out some way to make everybody happy at the same time, the policy stands as is.

(09-29-2012 11:22 AM)wiserd Wrote:  Freebies come with commitments. But that being said, I wish there was some more conflict-free way option to deal with failures (or perceived failures) in those commitments than these emotional back and forths. Like... Pay for the initial tester and then get rewarded with products for reporting. Or make it clear that reporting is in lieu of payment, where payment is some high amount because a tester is a custom product so if someone decides to flake for whatever reason they can get a clear idea of the cost they're imposing on others and settle their debt some other way. Or make the date by which testing is to be completed generally agreed upon so obligations are more clear cut.

I don't know if any of this would actually help, but we seem to keep seeing this conflict and it seems like there have to be better ways to resolve it.

The only conflict is members accepting freebies and promising to report, then failing to honor their promises.

How quickly do members bitch at vendors if they don't ship promptly enough, or respond to answers or complaints quickly enough?

What if the tables were turned and the vendors started bitching at members who took free products from them after promising to test and report, then failed to honor those promises?

The only problem with that is that Vendors have to walk on egg shells, because Members can hurt and tarnish their names and reputations all to easily, while vendors can't do much about members who flake out on them.

Put the shoe on the other foot and let me know how you would react?

(09-29-2012 12:52 PM)Jolly Jumper Wrote:  I think one report is fine if the product is really, really bad for you. What the hell, of course it is. If it makes you feel uncomfortable it is a reliable result. It's positive or negative effects on OTHERS I think can't be carved in stone after one single go at it.

I can agree with that, and that's completely understandable, but I'm on the fence about not testing because you don't like the scent. I do things I don't like or want to do all the time, because I'm supposed to or promised I would, because I'm an adult.

(09-29-2012 1:03 PM)Shelly B Wrote:  I am saying the original testing agreement that Mark referenced - yesterday - which I think most of us signed up to - did not include detail such as how many times a product needs to be tested or even where a product needs to be tested (work, social, what types of social events) - to fulfill that requirement - simply that it take place in 2 weeks.

I am saying that it's clear that reviewing this thread - the amount of unclear, unwritten expectations - that people seem to believe are clearly understood expectations by the tester(s) - which then creates conflict and dissension - are far larger than necessary.

It does not lay out a draft of what an appropriate test result looks like. If one wanted to get really proscriptive - one could go so far as to to say this one's reports are sufficient where this one's aren't because they are insufficiently detailed to suit one member versus another. Or they don't capture enough of detail of the interpersonal communication style to justify the conclusion of human behavior they are saying they observed. And who judges that?

In reading the responses, in watching this thread develop, I am saying that I am watching a group dynamic unfold that I am uncomfortable with and that I am opting out of participating in going forward.

Oh come on! We're all adults here! We know what we look for in other peoples reports in order for us to take them seriously and feel like we can at least make a semi-informed decision about a product. That's what's expected in member reports on freebies.

(09-29-2012 1:20 PM)Jolly Jumper Wrote:  What I meant was that one try ought to be enough if the user dislikes the product strongly. If the stuff disagrees with you, you're obviously not gonna enjoy using it and then any reports will of course be negative.

In that case,the member can always send it back or send to to another member who can test it enough to write a report worthwhile to the vendor, instead of just deciding to blow off further reporting.

Saying you don't like it so you're not going to test any further doesn't help the vendor out does it? Or encourage them to want to do anything with our members again.

(09-29-2012 1:28 PM)Shelly B Wrote:  Hey Jolly Jumper -

I'm not frustrated at you - truly - my point is reading this whole thread is reading one massively charged mess.

There is so much room for misinterpretation of people's intent and and actions - simply because the current testing agreement leaves so much unclear.

That's easily enough remedied - it's written and clarified *going forward* so no one ever signs up for this with a lack of clarity again.

So - it get's fixed going forward. And that will be good.

Again, we're all adults here. If we've got to clarify word for word exactly what is expected of members, then they probably don't have enough experience anyway and it's just not worth doing anymore!

(09-29-2012 1:41 PM)AlternativeGirl Wrote:  There have to be at least some guidelines to testing for these projects to work and for vendors to take them seriously. The perimeters have been stated before. If you volunteer to receive a free product for testing, you need to take the responsibility seriously.

LostLibra probably didn't know about projects like this in the past where 10 samples were sent out and only 2 or 3 people bothered to report back at all. It really irks the vendors who are trying to get useful feedback in a certain, reasonable amount of time. Then they think our community is unreliable for real testing and flaky in supplying them with any pertinent/ useful data or info. It makes us all look bad.

I do think a product needs to be at least tested twice to understand consistencies. In the case that a participant has a serious adverse reaction, detailing that reaction would be useful. A second application would be a way to see if other variables might have came into play to induce the previous reaction. But we are not lab rats. so if someone was really opposed to trying to give it a second go, I wouldn't think that wrong.

But having clearly stated guidelines for testing (and hoping that participating members are made aware of these guidelines) will improve the quality of data garnered and serve the purpose for which these projects are designed.

Its not a personal thing. It's simple statistics and quality control.

Very well stated AlternativeGirl. The only thing I'm opposed to is having to spell out what's required in reporting. If a member doesn't already know, then they probably aren't experienced enough with Pheromones to offer a valuable opinion that helps the vendor anyway, and shouldn't be participating.

(09-29-2012 1:52 PM)thundr Wrote:  This thread is actually a very good thread. Multiple personalities brainstorming ideas often produce the best solutions. We have some great minds in this forum.

My .o2 on it would be that perhaps an early disclaimer or prerequisite may be valuable. Something like:

Company X is looking for Y testers for product Z.

Samples will be provided free of charge depending on these circumstances.
1. A substantial positive or negative review must be generated within 2 weeks upon receiving the product.
2. Barring any adverse health effects, a second concluding review will be required within 3 weeks of receiving product.
3. If you cannot fulfill these terms please do not accept tester status for this product at this time.

This way people know exactly what they are getting into with little to no confusion. If you cant complete the assignment dont sign up. Simple as that.

Im undecided about a penalty for inability to fulfill the requirements.

That's also a good suggestion thundr and we will start doing. Although, I would have expected members to realize on their own that the vendors want to see reports ASAP.

[Image: flying_dragon.gif]
09-29-2012 5:33 PM
Thanks given by wiserd, thundr, AlternativeGirl, D_Darko, Jolly Jumper, halo0073
mark-in-dallas
Nobody Special

Rep Post

Thanks received:
1904 thanks in 917 posts

09-29-2012 5:47 PM

(09-29-2012 2:13 PM)AlternativeGirl Wrote:  There was some serious discussion in the past about how offended vendors were by people not taking these projects seriously. I'll see if I can not find them and link them. I really don't feel like doing homework Smile

Why do you think Chris hasn't done any more blind molecule testing? How about because half the members that were supposed to be participating either didn't take it seriously or didn't bother to test at all, and he wasn't getting enough usable feedback to justify the cost.

Why do you think SteveO stopped offering free samples in exchange for reporting? How about because only 2 of the 11 peole that he sent products to with the promise to test and report on them bothered to do so.

Or how about why Richard hasn;t done antyhing with us since the Pure Mones testing, which was once again a dismal failure..

This time we got far better results than anytime before, and I think Bruce qwill be pleased with the rsults, but even so, we still had 3 out of 13 testers that blew off their obligation!

Oh, and I doubt that Love Essentials will ever want to do anything with us again, because after being so generous in offering a 70% discount to members on anything on their site and selling quite a few products, nobdy bothered to report on anything.

09-29-2012 5:47 PM
Thanks given by wiserd, D_Darko, AlternativeGirl
wiserd
I'm so meta, even this acronym

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 504
Thanks received:
555 thanks in 278 posts

09-29-2012 7:07 PM

Deleted previous post because the topic was addressed before I posted.

"Put the shoe on the other foot and let me know who you would react?"

Personally, I'm not the type of person who complains much about delayed orders if I believe in the good intent of the merchant to resolve the issue. But I respect what you're saying here. I'm totally sympathetic of the quid pro quo relationship here and the problems you mention. You get stuff, you test. THANKS for taking the energy to enforce that. I appreciate the implications.

I agree with those who say it would be good to spell out the importance of time for those 10% of testers who may not realize it off the bat.

Quote:In that case,the member can always send it back or send to to another member who can test it enough to write a report worthwhile to the vendor, instead of just deciding to blow off further reporting.

This! This is the opt-out I've been digging for. THANK YOU. If we put this in the signup notice as an expectation, I think we'd save ourselves at least a little pain.

Stash: Fastburn Glace with light silicone, AM L2K, EST, androstadienone, alpha-nol, beta-nol, Enone, rone, Anone, 7-keto-DHEA, DHEAS, beta-rone, neno, androstadienol, DHEA (don't use it), P74, IS, Ammo (I don't use it) A314, oil based (don't use it)

herbal putatives; tongkat ali, magnolia extract
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2012 8:32 PM by wiserd.)
09-29-2012 7:07 PM
Thanks given by thundr, Shelly B, mark-in-dallas, AlternativeGirl

Shelly B
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 908
Thanks received:
1288 thanks in 546 posts

09-29-2012 9:13 PM

I'd managed to catch the mail before the Saturday post lady came – so the previously arranged shipment to AG who likes the Mojo Pro and has tested/used it extensively as a result will wait.

I appreciate Thundr’s suggested language and Wiserd’s reasoned approach.

Mark - You will have the additional reports on the Mojo Pro.

My Best,
Shelly B
09-29-2012 9:13 PM
Thanks given by wiserd, mark-in-dallas, AlternativeGirl, thundr
mark-in-dallas
Nobody Special

Rep Post

Thanks received:
1904 thanks in 917 posts

09-30-2012 2:27 AM

(09-29-2012 9:13 PM)Shelly B Wrote:  Mark - You will have the additional reports on the Mojo Pro.

And that's why I wasn't upset by you only writing 1 report! You are one of only two people that has ever offered to forward a freebie on to somebody else because they couldn't or didn't want to test and report properly.

And, that shows that you do care and aren't looking to take advantage of the vendor!

09-30-2012 2:27 AM
Thanks given by wiserd, D_Darko, Jolly Jumper, AlternativeGirl, halo0073
thelimeusa
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 31
Thanks received:
72 thanks in 43 posts

09-30-2012 4:22 AM

I don't think a vendor should expect 100 percent participation. Life happens, and even a little feedback is useful. I know if I was a tester I would be glad to offer feedback but the vendor may not be happy with my writing style or my depth of information. Hopefully, he would gain some useful information from my comments.

Also, if the product works well, the vendor can expect more feedback than if the product works not so well.

48 Yr. Old Brit. trolling deep South Texas

Current Collection:

A.V., N.P.A. Wolf and Corporativo
Scent of Eros & Glace
Androstadienone
09-30-2012 4:22 AM
Thanks given by terry0400-40
wiserd
I'm so meta, even this acronym

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 504
Thanks received:
555 thanks in 278 posts

09-30-2012 5:02 AM

(09-30-2012 4:22 AM)thelimeusa Wrote:  I don't think a vendor should expect 100 percent participation. Life happens, and even a little feedback is useful. I know if I was a tester I would be glad to offer feedback but the vendor may not be happy with my writing style or my depth of information. Hopefully, he would gain some useful information from my comments.

Also, if the product works well, the vendor can expect more feedback than if the product works not so well.

You're kindof stepping into the middle of a much longer story here, thelimeusa.

Previously, feedback (on free samples) was bad to the point that vendors didn't consider testing worthwhile and were discontinuing their programs. Mark-in-Dallas has detailed this pretty clearly in this thread. Below a certain point, feedback doesn't justify the cost of testing. So what you're seeing here is essentially an effort to improve the quality and reliability of our testing to the point it justifies the cost to vendors.

Stash: Fastburn Glace with light silicone, AM L2K, EST, androstadienone, alpha-nol, beta-nol, Enone, rone, Anone, 7-keto-DHEA, DHEAS, beta-rone, neno, androstadienol, DHEA (don't use it), P74, IS, Ammo (I don't use it) A314, oil based (don't use it)

herbal putatives; tongkat ali, magnolia extract
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2012 5:07 AM by wiserd.)
09-30-2012 5:02 AM
Thanks given by terry0400-40, D_Darko, mark-in-dallas

thelimeusa
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 31
Thanks received:
72 thanks in 43 posts

09-30-2012 5:10 AM

I agree with you, sorry. My reading style is to read the last posts of all the threads. (latest posts tab). Saw this topic come up a couple times so made my comment above without reading full thread. I am not a careful person so am prone to making thoughtless posts from time to time.

48 Yr. Old Brit. trolling deep South Texas

Current Collection:

A.V., N.P.A. Wolf and Corporativo
Scent of Eros & Glace
Androstadienone
09-30-2012 5:10 AM
Thanks given by wiserd

Share This Thread