Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Green Envy (An "Inspiration" of Greenley from PDM)
Snoopyace
The Love God

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thumbs Up Green Envy (An "Inspiration" of Greenley from PDM)
02-11-2022 11:57 AM

Okay, I need to begin this review by acknowledging that I can be prone to hyperbole at times. Having said that, this is one of those times. If any of you have tried and liked Greenley by Parfums de Marley, you'll find this to be eerily similar. Being a 'clone' it isn't 100% in that it is slightly less smooth when smelled side by side. Having said that, in the air it is pretty dead on accurate.

Upon the initial spray, this has a fantastic green apple note that disappears quite quickly to be replaced by what I think of as being a very spicy green scent. As it dries down in the first few minutes it has an almost balsam quality to it that isn't quite like walking through a Christmas tree farm but it is a bit stronger in pine. Within about 10-15 minutes that backs off slightly and the cedar starts to pick up. But wait, there's more!

Over the next few hours, the scent evolves quite a bit and the apple comes back strong. This scent really does evolve nicely over time and is a STRONG performer for me. I get a solid 3 to 4 hours of at least arm's length projection out of this one before it starts to fade back a bit over time but it is always there and smells fresh, smells clean, green, and spicy.

I bought this with the intention of saving it for a daytime Summer fragrance but I really feel like this is something that could be rocked year round. For insanely hot days outdoors, this may not be what I reach for but for my normal daily wear scent, I may have found something to compete with my beloved Bleu Memoire. If you like green scents, this may be worth checking out. My only regret with this fragrance is that I only got the 60ml bottle. After I empty it, I am going to have to spring for the 100ml because I think this scent is that good.

You may want to spring for a sample or travel size first. I really do like the $15 travel atomizers they sell because they are relatively inexpensive ($15.99 U.S.) and give you 10ml of scent to play with. Oh, and from experience, this scent works REALLY well with TLG or even just Wanted Man from LPMP. I spray this on, let it dry down about 5 minutes and then spray the pheromones over the top.

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

“Charm is the way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clearly defined question” - Oscar Wilde
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2022 12:01 PM by Snoopyace.)
02-11-2022 11:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RussianWolf

Rep Post

RE: Green Envy (An "Inspiration" of Greenley from PDM)
02-11-2022 12:33 PM

Thanks Snoops, appreciate the analysis... You have me intrigued about this Bleu Memoire

You want to know the truth, but then when it's given to you; you don't know what to do with it.
02-11-2022 12:33 PM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

02-11-2022 12:36 PM

Bleu Memoire is Alexandria's recreation of the EDP version of Bleu de Chanel. In reality it's more like a cross between the EDT and EDP versions. Starts out with a strong citrus that dries down into a much more cedar, sandalwood, and amber scent. It's not for everyone but it is a scent that totally fits my personality and is a compliment magnet for me.

(02-11-2022 12:33 PM)RussianWolf Wrote:  Thanks Snoops, appreciate the analysis... You have me intrigued about this Bleu Memoire

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

“Charm is the way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clearly defined question” - Oscar Wilde
02-11-2022 12:36 PM
RussianWolf

Rep Post

02-11-2022 12:38 PM

Loved the Adams Nectar scent so hopefully i'll give them a try. Thanks again

You want to know the truth, but then when it's given to you; you don't know what to do with it.
02-11-2022 12:38 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Creed Green Irish Tweed Smells AMAZING! dsouza 36 18,199 03-09-2017 2:34 PM
Last Post: Spider-mone
  Is my Green Irish Tweed real? jb20 16 9,223 11-06-2015 10:12 PM
Last Post: Ekscentra